Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Koi Kohi ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: Okay, whatever else you may say, the fuzzy pink slippers are mine :P
 
AN: The cinnamon part belongs to Bulma Wannabe; the cocoa mix is mine. I had four cups of this stuff the other day, and decided that it was so good that it needed a story in honor of it. (grin) So, how many of you appreciate the lovely word play in the title? Don't forget to review, even if the punch line is terribly cliché -.-;;
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
Mai-kun makes the best coffee in the world. No, really. To be honest, it's spoiled me - I can't stand to drink any other coffee anymore - and I can't make it through a day without it.
 
The first thing I noticed when I woke up today was the wonderful smell in the air. The next thing I noticed was the fact that I was waking up alone, which was sufficient to jolt my brain into gear enough to put two and two together. Ah... that smell was Mai's coffee. She'd just woken up before me and decided to make breakfast, then.
 
I'll tell you a secret - I really don't like waking up alone. I don't quite know why, but that's the way it is. I haven't told her about it, though I know she wouldn't laugh. I suppose I'll probably mention it eventually, but it's okay for now, because I haven't woken up alone once yet without that smell to reassure me...
 
But I've gone completely off tangent. I can't be expected to be sensible before I've had at least one cup of coffee, I'm afraid. I slipped out from under the covers to shiver at the cold floor under my bare feet, hurrying to the door for the slippers that lay there, and then wandering downstairs at a more sedate pace.
 
Mai was there, just as I'd thought, looking adorable in a matching pajama set consisting of a baby-blue spaghetti-strap top and baggy pants, and fuzzy bright pink slippers. I'm the only one allowed to see her dressed like this. I sat down at the kitchen table, and she frowned over her shoulder at me.
 
“Aw... I thought I was going to get to wake you up...” She plunked a plate of pancakes she'd just been dishing up down in front of me, and I grinned up at her. She grinned back, even more radiant without lipstick on, and kissed me on the cheek before turning back to the counter.
 
I heard her pouring a cup of coffee, and smiled. She told me once that the secret ingredients are cinnamon and cocoa mix... and love, of course.
 
Owari