Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Love and Basketball ❯ Domino's Basketball Prodigy ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Yugioh . . . or Love and Basketball.

A/N: In my story I am making Ryou from England, yet he mainly speaks Japanese and is a Buddhist because his mother was from Japan.

Yup! It's the second chapter! Yay! Read on . . .

Domino's Basketball Prodigy

"H-Hello Malik," I attentively greeted back. I'm not sure if it is was his amazingly entrancing eyes or the fact that it might be . . . Malik, that made me stare at the other like he was Buddha himself.

I felt my face heat up when Malik smirked and whispered, "Do I look like Buddha or something, because you're gaping at me."

Without explaining my "gaping", I turned in my seat to face the front of the classroom.

"Okay, class," Ms. Nitta spoke smiling at the class, "since we have a new student I thought we'd play a little game."

Cheers and clapping erupted. Now I knew why everyone in this class didn't look as tired as in history; this class would actually be fun.

Ms. Nitta kept grinning before she continued, "Take the desks and form them in a circle. We're going to play The Chair Game."

Another round of shouts and claps filled the room.

The Chair Game? I've never played that one before. Seeing that the other students were shuffling about, trying to form a circle with the desks, I stood up and moved my own desk into a spot.

When everyone was settled down and a circle was formed, the teacher squeezed through two desks and stood in the middle facing me. I listened as she explained the rules. "Now I'm going to start the game off. What I do is state my name and then say something interesting about myself like `I am a vegetarian'. Sounds easy enough, right? Well here comes the fun part. If anybody else were a vegetarian, then they would have to get up from the desk and try to find another desk to sit on. The tricky part is that you can't sit on a desk next to you. It gets pretty wild when everyone's pushing and shoving just to sit on a desk. Well, if you there are no desks left for you to take, then you have to sit on the middle and try to find a common interest or fact that'll give you a desk. Okay?"

Uh . . . "Okay." I'm a little confused but I think I understand enough to get through.

Everyone was silent as they awaited Ms. Nitta to speak. I looked around the circle to find Malik. There he was. He was sitting directly across from me. A bored look was plastered on his face as he examined the floor. I continued to stare at him when suddenly he looked up, directly at me. A small smirk was placed on his lips.

I quickly shifted my gaze onto the teacher. Finally she spoke, "I love math." No one got up. There was a look of surprise and disappointment on her face. "I watch the news every night." Still no one stood. She sighed and stated, "I love ice cream."

Everyone stood, even Malik. I found a desk near the front of the classroom and sat. Two girls sat on each side of me. When there was only one student left, a boy with disturbingly green hair, I looked around until I found Malik.

Instead of having an "I don't care" expression, he was . . . glaring at me? Wait a second, his eyes were glaring at a little more to the right of me. I looked to my right and saw one of the girls seductively smiling at me. Then I felt a hand on my right thigh.

I could feel my eyes widen. Out of shock and fear, I quickly pushed the curious hand off of my leg. My first day at school and I was already getting molested.

When I focused back in to what the class was doing, I heard the boy with glasses say, "My name is Weevil. I am obsessed with the beautiful creatures called bugs." Ew . . .

I saw two people stand and Weevil ran to one of the desks. The boy that was sitting in the desk Weevil took ran to the other desk. Now a blonde girl was standing.

"My name is Laura and I love Egypt." Egypt was interesting but I didn't LOVE it.

It seemed that everyone else agreed with me, when suddenly Malik stood. The girl squealed and ran to the open desk. A growl of annoyance escaped Malik and he stood in the middle of the circle with his arms crossed.

"My name is Malik and I think that you all are stupid fools who should get on your knees and bow down to me and call me your powerful Pharaoh."

There was silence. I pressed my lips together as I tried to hold in a laugh. Everyone was staring at him with confused expressions. A few giggles escaped my mouth and I slapped a hand onto it. Soon everyone's gaze turned to me with equally confused looks.

I glanced at Malik who smirked, but then he frowned. It was soon replaced with a look of triumph. "I've been to England."

Crap! My struggle to hold my laughter in disappeared. I scanned the circle as no one got up. Then I looked at Malik who was just smirking. Damn him.

I lifted from my desk and when Malik walked by me he whispered, "Have fun."

As I stood up there, everyone's attention was directly on me. They were waiting for an exciting interest I had or a strange fetish. I sighed and tried to think of a common hobby. Hm . . . I thought for a few seconds before wincing. How could I forget that? "Hi, my name is Ryou and I play basketball."

Figures this would happen. The class and teacher just continued to stare at me. I glanced at Malik who innocently smiled at me and waved.

"I live with just my father." Still no one stood. Does everyone in here have perfect families?

My mind searched for anything, anything to say. "I don't have a uniform." Agh! How stupid can I get? I heard a snicker come from my left. Damn you, Malik.

Think. Think. What's something that at least one person will agree with? Um . . . aha! "I think Pegasus is very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very creepy."

Success! Everyone got up, even Ms. Nitta.

Happy that I finally found something, I skipped over to a desk and sat. I felt someone sit next to me. "Took you long enough."

Looking at my left to where the voice came from, I saw a pair of lavender eyes. "Well it's not my fault you're stupid." Great, Ryou. Just great.

Malik laughed. "Good comeback."

Jackass. "Thank you."

"Anytime," Malik responded. He continued to stare at me before asking, "So, what happened? Last time I talked to you, you were living in England."

Wait a second. Last time he talked to me? So it is him. It's LavenderLuver! I was about to continue when the next person spoke, "My name is Asako and I love White Day." All the girls stood. (A/N: In Japan, they have Valentine's Day and White Day. Valentine's Day is when a girl would give a guy something to confess her love, and White Day is the day that a guy answers a girl by giving her a gift. Depending on the gift, the guy will either: reject her, stay friends, or return the love.)

While the girls were hustling around, I explained, "My father found a job that pays better. So, here I am."

"And you're fine with that?" Malik questioned, showing his caring side.

"Not like I can do anything. Besides, it's for the better. My father must like the job if he was willing to move all the way out here."

"Yeah, but do you even know what his new job is?" Malik asked, concerned.

"Good question." I didn't know what his job was. I guess I assumed it was another office one.

"What would you do without me, Ryou?" Malik smirked.

I put my right index finger to my bottom lip and pretended to ponder. "First I would mourn for days, you know, eating ice cream and watching sad movies all day. Then I would probably . . . find a replacement. It's not hard to find an egotistical jackass who thinks everyone should bow down to him."

The blonde looked at me in astonishment. "You really think I'm a jackass?" I nodded and he shrugged. He was about to add something when we both realized everyone was staring wide-eyed at us.

*~*~*

"That is just great!" Malik shouted as soon as we exited the geometry room. "Now we have to spend twenty minutes with Ms. Nitta after school! Dammit!"

I glanced at everyone around us then turned to Malik. "Everyone's staring at you. Don't worry, it's only twenty minutes."

"Screw everyone else! I have a very important meeting with a representative from Domino's Glamour. The meeting starts a half an hour after school! If I'm late," Malik lowered his voice and closed his eyes, "then I'll ruin my chance of becoming a professional photographer."

Oh. I forgot that Malik took photography. He always talked about it online, but I didn't think he was this passionate. I'd say he is as passionate about photography as I am about basketball.

"Well, we can catch a taxi after school, or if you want to, we can go to Ms. Nitta during lunch and do our detention some other time. Don't worry, we'll figure something out." Malik opened his eyes to stare at me and I gave him a warm smile. Eh? His cheeks became a deep red.

"Uh . . . thanks." He rested his hands on the back of his head and began to walk. "What's your next class?"

"Oh, um, gym."

"What room number?"

I pulled out my schedule and scanned down. "500."

"Well then. You have gym with me," Malik smirked. "But don't get too excited. There is only seven other freshman along with thirty one upper classmen."

Thirty-one upper classmen? Usually high schools divide the freshman from the other classes. "Why?"

"Probably to punish us. And for you . . . well . . . probably because you're new and there wasn't any room in the other gym classes."

"Oh." It wasn't that bad. I already had geometry with a lot of upper classmen.

"Do you have gym clothes?" Malik asked, finally looking at me.

"Actually," I began to panic, "I don't. I just got my schedule today so I didn't know if I had gym."

Malik sighed and sped up his pace. Then he tossed back at me with a sly grin. "Mr. Koshiro won't buy that excuse. You can borrow my extra pair of clothes."

*~*~*

Borrowing clothes from Malik was a very, very, very, very, very bad idea. I hesitantly walked out of the locker room wearing his bright, purple shirt and extremely short, pink shorts. "The name of these really fit the description. Short."

Malik just snickered. "If I didn't know better, I would've thought you were a girl. I mean, your long, flowing white hair, those smooth, skinny legs, and that nice, round - ow!"

"That's what you get," I glared at him, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Hey, you!"

I turned around and saw a boy slightly taller than me. He had strange brown hair that somehow came to a point . . .

"What are you doing here?" the same boy asked.

Huh? Who? What is who doing here? I felt an elbow in my side. "He's talking to you," Malik whispered.

"Oh! Uh . . ." I could feel my face heat up. "My gym class is here."

"Yours?" the guy had a confused expression on his face. "Shouldn't you be over in the girl's gym?"

Huh? The girl's gym? A few shouts of laughter came from Malik's direction. I turned to him, only to see him bending over grabbing his stomach and . . . laughing.

He looked up at me with teary eyes, "He thinks you're a girl!"

What?! I felt horrified.

"So, are you going to get your pretty ass over there or not?" I swung around and glared at this boy. He stood there, moving his eyes up and down my body. "You look cuter when you're mad."

There was a loud hollow smack, as I knew Malik had now fallen to the floor from so much laughter. That was it. I couldn't tolerate it anymore.

"I AM NOT A GIRL! I AM A BOY! NOW IF THAT GOT THROUGH YOUR TINY BRAIN, WOULD YOU PLEASE STOP OGLING ME! I DON'T APPRECIATE IT WHEN OTHER GUYS STARE AT ME LIKE THAT! AND YOU! WHY ARE YOU LAUGHING? THESE ARE YOUR CLOTHES! I'M ONLY BORROWING THEM BECAUSE I DIDN'T BRING MY OWN SET! SO JUST SHUT UP AND GET YOUR LAZY ASS OFF THE DAMN FLOOR!"

The boy turned red and Malik stopped laughing. I took a few more deep breaths before calming down. Heh heh. Much better.

"Y-You're a BOY?" the guy asked me with wide eyes.

"Did you not just hear what he said?" Another boy who was taller than the other one walked up to us. He had sienna hair and blue eyes. He looked familiar. "My name is Seto Kaiba. Please excuse Honda, he was taken aback by your . . . feminine traits."

When Kaiba said this, he stared at me with those cerulean eyes, as if he was . . . entrancing me? Um . . . no, Ryou. He wasn't doing that.

"Are you going to say something?" I was brought back by Malik who was now standing next to me.

"Um . . . he's excused. But, please, next time if you think I'm a girl, don't stare at me like that."

A snicker escaped from Kaiba and Honda turned even redder. "Don't worry, I won't." With those words, Honda walked away.

Kaiba stared at Honda's retreating form then turned back to me with an unnerving smirk. "But what if he knows full well that you're a boy . . . and stares at you like that."

Eek! I saw from the corner of my eye that Malik was also . . . no, wait. Malik didn't look disgusted he looked . . . angry?

"He better stay away from Ryou, or -"

"There you are, Seto! I've been looking for you, Mr. Ko - oh. Hello! And who are you?"

Wow. Um . . . come on, Ryou. Focus! Stop staring at those eyes . . . those very violet eyes.

"His name is Ryou Bakura. He just transferred from England," explained Malik for me.

"England? Did you like it in England?" this boy who was shorter than me asked.

I could feel myself slowly coming back to the world. For some reason, this boy's presence, or whatever you want to call it, made me feel . . . dizzy? I'm not exactly sure on how I feel.

"Um . . . yeah, he liked it there, but he's beginning to like it here better," Malik answered for me again.

"I'd like to hear his voice at least. Please let him answer." When I heard that he wanted to hear my voice, a big blush swept across my face.

Why am I acting like this? He's a guy!

I heard Malik cough and then I looked at him. His eyes were big, as if trying to tell me something. What is he talking about?

"Oh! I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Yami Mutou. No wonder you weren't talking to me. I was inconsiderate."

I stared at Yami for a moment before blushing again. His friendly yet mysterious amethyst eyes made my heart pound in my chest.

A small smirk rose from Yami and a growl erupted from Malik's direction.

"Um . . . nice to meet you, Yami . . . sama." As soon as I added `sama', my heart stopped beating completely. At least it felt like it. You rarely ever use `sama' unless you're speaking to an adult. If they're not an adult, it means you are being formal with them, or you admire them. Some people take it as more than admiring, I hope he doesn't.

"S-Sama?" I could tell from Malik's voice that he was confused and shocked. I was, too.

"Hm . . . well, see you around, Ryou . . . kun," Yami said, smiling and walking away with Kaiba following.

When Yami was out of earshot distance, I asked Malik, "W-Who was that?"

An irritated sigh came from him and he explained, "He's a junior, a straight-A student, and the point guard of the basketball team."

`He's amazing! He's only a junior and he already has billions of scholarships to colleges here and in America.' Echoed Jonouchi's voice in my head. "So he's the point guard that Jou was talking about?"

I stared in awe for a few seconds before realizing Malik was giving me a confused look.

"I don't know who Jou is, but everyone in this school does know about him. He's known as Domino's Basketball prodigy. When he was thirteen years old, he decided to pick up a basketball and shoot with it. People say he was making three point shots and winning against high school kids ever since."

Wow. "He really is a prodigy. Basketball takes a long time to become really good at it. But, he just played one day and was naturally good!" The excitement in me was beginning to flood out. I couldn't wait to see him play.

"You will get to see him play. But, enough about Yami."

I smiled at Malik, but he just stared back at me with a frown. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. We better go sit down before Mr. Koshiro comes out of his office," Malik solemnly said before walking towards the rest of the class. A little worried on why he was suddenly down, I caught up with him and walked along his side to the others.

*~*~*

Thirty-eight students were busily chatting while Malik and I sat there in silence. I scanned the area and saw different groups of people smiling and laughing. There was one group where a boy with white streaks in his brown hair was arguing with a boy with light green hair. A few fragments of their conversation reached my ears. It seemed they were arguing about which duel monster card was better, the Red Eyes Black Dragon or Jinzo.

I moved on to other groups until I reached HIS group. He was currently watching his friends talk with a content smile. His purple eyes glimmering in the gym's bright light. Wow. I don't know why I hadn't noticed before but his hair was . . . unique. It looked as if it was three different colors: blonde, black, and purple like his eyes. That wasn't the only unique part; it was sticking up in different directions like triangles. Hm . . . at least I think that's the way to describe it.

Suddenly Yami began to laugh along with his friends. I directed my attention towards them. One I didn't recognize. He had long black hair that was tied in a ponytail. His eyes were an interesting green and a die hung from his left ear. He and Honda had one arm wrapped around one another's waist. I guess they were . . . going out?

The other person with Yami was Kaiba. Why did he look so familiar? Okay, where have I seen that hair, those eyes, and that stature? He's pretty tall, brown hair, blue eyes . . .

"Ryou?" I snapped my attention to Malik who was staring at me with disappointing, lavender eyes.

"Huh?" I responded, wondering why he was so quiet.

"Why do you keep staring at Yami?" he asked, throwing a disapproving glance at the direction of the subject.

"I'm not staring at him," I answered truthfully. I wasn't staring at him, I was staring at Kaiba.

"Hm," Malik pushed his bottom lip out, furrowed his eyebrows, and began to stare at the ground. He must be thinking about something.

"SHUT UP, YOU PATHETIC BASTARDS!" yelled a deep voice. My eyes widened and I turned to find who must've been, Mr. Koshiro.

All the boys who were standing quickly sat down and quieted down, waiting for him to continue. "Now that's better. Since we have learned all of the basics of basketball, we will move onto scrimmaging."

I glanced over to Yami and he smirked while surveying the rest of the class. When his eyes fell on me, they paused for a mere moment before continuing. Sigh. He actually gave me a second longer than everyone else . . . ack! Why am I so happy about that? Um . . . because you're happy that he maybe considered you as healthy competition for the scrimmage. Yeah! That's it. But, he doesn't even know if I suck or if I'm good.

"Grrr . . . I hate this class!" Malik pouted. He really didn't like sports at all.

"Don't worry. You can be on my team and I'll help you." I gave him a reassuring smile and he smiled back at me before quickly averting his gaze.

"I'll be picking your teams so it'll be even," Mr. Koshiro announced, completely ruining my plan of making Malik feel better.

Groans sounded throughout the crowd. "Ah, shut up. You sound like a bunch of whining dogs." The groans stopped. "Now that we got that settled, please stand up and when I call out your names, go meet with your teams to set up offenses and defenses."

I quickly stood up and held out my hand to pull Malik up. When we were both standing we awaited Mr. Koshiro to call out the teams.

*~*~*

After watching everyone being assorted into seven five person teams and one four person team, I frowned. I was the only one left standing.

"What's your name, boy?" Mr. Koshiro asked, walking towards me.

Gulp. "Bakura Ryou." He scanned his list twice and looked confused.

"You're not on my list. Are you sure you're in the right class?"

Oh! I forgot . . . I miraculously pulled out my schedule from Malik's shorts and showed it to Mr. Koshiro.

"You're new, huh? Well then, go with that team over there," he ordered, pointing at the team with only four people.

When I realized who exactly on that team, my heart began to beat fast. Talk about making the teams fair. The group of four consisted of that boy with black hair, Honda, Kaiba, and Yami. I slowly walked over to the chatting four, when Kaiba spotted me.

"Look who's coming to join us. Not like we need him, though."

The other three's gazes turned to me and I suddenly felt very small and alone.

"Now, Seto-san, don't be so rude to him. Besides, every player on the team counts," Yami stood up for me. How wonderful and shameful at the same time; it was great that Yami defended me, but it was pretty pathetic I couldn't do it on my own. Maybe Yami thinks I'm a weakling. Maybe he thinks I'm not worthy enough to play with them. Baka! Didn't he just say, `Every player on the team counts?' Yeah . . .

Kaiba just gave me a quick glare and began talking to everyone except me. I turned to look at all of the other teams, trying to find Malik. It wasn't hard to spot him for he was wearing a light purple shirt. A giggle escaped me as Malik stood there, trying to look bored but fear was clearly shadowing over his face.

I felt kind of guilty, because I wasn't there to calm him down and to guide him through the scrimmages.

"ATTENTION!" yelled Mr. Koshiro. "TEAM ONE WILL BE PLAYING TEAM THREE, TEAM FIVE WILL BE PLAYING TEAM SEVEN, TEAM TWO WILL BE PLAYING TEAM FOUR, AND TEAM SIX WILL BE PLAYING TEAM EIGHT! THERE ARE TWO COURTS SO USE YOUR DAMN BRAINS AND FIGURE OUT WHO'S GOING TO PLAY NOW AND SWITCH!"

After those words, he grumbled and walked into his office.

"Well, ready?" the boy with black hair asked, giving a mischievous smile to us.

"Of course," Kaiba smirked. The four of them walked to the court nearest to us. I silently followed, unsure of how this would work. I didn't know what we were playing to and what position I would be playing, since Yami obviously would be the point guard.

"Shall we do Celtic on offense and Dark Magician on defense?" Tristan asked.

Celtic and Dark Magician?

"Sounds good," the boy with black hair nodded.

"Yeah," Kaiba and Yami agreed. Yami looked at me and then he realized I didn't know what they were talking about. I almost grimaced when the other three gave me a look that said, "Dammit. I forgot we have a freshman who probably doesn't even know how to do a lay up."

But then I looked at Yami who just smiled and explained, "Celtic is just a simple pass and cut on offense, and Dark Magician is a simple 2-3. You and I will be the guards, Otogi will be the small forward, and Honda and Seto will be the posts. Got it?"

Phew. Now that was language I understood. "Yeah."

A few snickers came from my temporary teammates. I turned to see what they were staring at. Huh? Malik? . . .

"Don't waste your energy on these fools. This will be an easy win," Kaiba said to us (A/N: `us' refers to Ryou's temporary team), pretending to ignore Malik's team.

Otogi and Honda both laughed while Yami stood there, staring at our competition.

"Seto-san," Yami spoke, "it's not smart to underestimate the opponent, no matter who they are."

I, myself, snickered inside when the look of disbelief crossed Kaiba's face.

"Hmph. Let's just get this over with." Kaiba walked to the center of the court. I guess he would be doing the jump ball.

I started to walk to my position when I heard someone said, "Ryou." Turning around, I saw Malik standing with his arms crossed over his chest. He smirked. "Since I'll be guarding Yami, I'll make sure not to make him run too much."

Deciding not to mention Yami's skill, I just smiled at him and walked to where everyone else was set up. When I got in my position, a student from the sidelines ran to the middle with a ball. He looked a little intimidated by standing in between two boys that were much taller than he was. With a squeak of fear, he tossed the ball into the air and swiftly ran off the court.

Kaiba got the jump ball. He tipped it to Yami who quickly dribbled it towards our basket. Although there was someone there to guard the hoop, Yami drove in and went up for a lay up.

Score: 2-0

I hustled back to defense and waited for the boy with the ball to dribble up. When he got within five feet of me, I scooted up to put pressure on him, hoping to cause a turnover. My plan worked as the boy lost the ball and I grabbed it. Without hesitation, I dribbled the ball down the court. Yami was already by the basket. I threw a long pass to him and after catching it, he went up for a lay up.

Score: 4-0

This time around, Malik was dribbling the ball. I felt nervous for Yami was the one playing defense on him. Malik passed the basketball. A little surprised and relieved that Malik didn't lose the ball, I smiled inside. He was doing better than I thought.

*~*~*

Score: 22-0

After some kid went up for a shot and missed, Kaiba jumped up and rebound it. He turned to pass to Yami, but only saw me there. I saw disappointment and disgust on his face as he passed the basketball to me. By now, I knew exactly where Yami would be. I was actually amazed at how good he could run the court.

With determination that I would get the ball to him, I took two dribbles and launched the ball down the court. The ball soared through the air and was caught by Yami. I watched as he turned to face the basket and found . . . Malik guarding him? Although I was a little too far to see, I knew Malik's eyes were burning with the desire to humiliate Yami in front of everyone.

Yami tried to drive to the basket but Malik's surprisingly good defense stopped him. Going with a new idea, Yami crossed over to his other hand and tried driving that way. This didn't work either. Maybe Malik would end up taking the ball from Yami. Nope. Definitely not. I winced as Yami pretended to drive to his right side, but ended up spinning and getting open for a lay up with his left hand.

Score: 24-0

I sighed as I watched an angry defeated Malik walk down the court. By the way his jaw was set and his eyes were narrowed, Malik was definitely craving revenge.

Was it a Malik thing, or just a plain guy thing? Shot after shot, play after play, Malik kept trying to steal the ball from Yami. His frantic efforts weren't enough for Yami who just dribbled his way to the basket or made a smooth pass to a teammate for an open shot. I felt almost . . . sorry for Malik. One half of me wanted Malik to do take the ball from Yami, yet the other half wanted Yami to show me how good he really was.

End Score: 38-0

*~*~*

"Dammit!" Malik shouted, kicking one of the lockers. "I just wanted to steal the damn ball just once. Once!"

My eyes were squeezed shut as Malik kicked another locker.

"Ryou?"

I slowly opened my eyes to painful lavender pools that weren't used to defeat. An involuntary gasp escaped my lips. "Huh?"

"Do you really think he's that good or I just suck?"

Interesting question. I wonder why he wants to know.

"Why do you ask?"

"No reason."

Figures he would say that.

"Well, people do say Yami is a basketball prodigy. He did score 22 points. Also, you tried to steal the bal from him but you couldn't." Malik narrowed his eyes and crossed his arms. "Don't take me wrong. I thought you didn't even like sports, and here you are giving Yami a hard time to get passed you. Yeah, it was great to see him pull off some nice moves, but he had to do them because you were so good. Besides, I bet there's not one freshman that could steal the ball from him anyway. So don't worry if you were `bad' out there, I thought you were amazing."

After I was done talking, Malik uncrossed his arms and pulled off his shirt. I felt my face heat up when I saw his tan skin slightly covered in sweat. I had a sudden urge to lick that smooth . . . Eek! Ryou, what are you doing? Okay, just turn around and undress yourself. I turned around and quickly pulled off Malik's shirt and shorts, only to be left in my dark green boxers.

When I turned to give Malik back his clothes, he was already facing me. A tint of pink was shading his cheeks as his lavender eyes widened. Um . . .

"Here are your clothes. Thank you for letting me borrow them."

Malik just shook his head and grabbed the garments from my hand. "Don't expect me to do this everyday. You better start bringing your own clothes from now on."

"Don't worry. I wouldn't be caught wearing those and being hit on by a guy."

Both of us began to laugh at this. The thought of Honda's face when he found out I was a boy was priceless. But . . . wasn't he hanging onto that other boy, um, Otogi?

"Hey, I'm going to go now. I'll wait for you outside." I zoned back in and noticed Malik was at the locker room door, waving at me.

"Oh, um, okay." Before he completely left the room, I said to him, "You should try out for the basketball team with me."

He stopped and called back to me, "Basketball isn't really my thing."

TBC…

Yay! I hope you liked it! It's only going to get better. My updates for this story will be a lot quicker since I already know what's going to happen. If any parts were confusing, just put them in your review that I hope you will be writing. I'd like to know if you like it or hate it.

In the story, there will also be implied Honda/Otogi if you hadn't figured it out, yet.

So . . . do you like the idea of Ryou not starting out as gay? I like that idea, because it makes the whole couple of him and Yami seem sweeter to me. Oh . . . but what about Malik? That's one part of the story I'm not sure on. Hm . . . I'll need to think about that. Should Malik be with someone or just stay single?