Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Meeting My Yami ❯ Eighth Item Revealed ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

************Back to Yugi's POV**********

Malik, Ishtar, Bakura, Isis, Yami, Shadi, and I practically stayed up the entire night, researching through her entire scroll selection. Even though it was only a few, we went over it several times, since it could be interpreted several ways. I wished I knew what the writers were thinking about when they wrote it. My darker half even recognized some of the writing as his own. He had written it, instead of his scribe, because he wanted it written down specifically. Mirai had also been researching with us until we decided to call it a night.

Later on that day I woke up to the sounds of Egyptian cursing, more specifically Bakura's lovely voice ringing throughout the hide out. It was a good thing that Seto had this place sound proofed or the entire world would have heard him. Well, the entire world might not, but the entire neighborhood would have. Two guesses as to whom it was, that aggravated the former tomb robber. It can't be his hikari, because he said that he would remain calm when dealing with his lighter half. He promised me that. The only person or should I say duel monster that could get underneath Bakura's skin was his Change of Hearts card. I wondered if we stuck the duel monster with our enemies. Nah, it would be cruel and unusual punishment for whoever was after the millennium items.

"Ugh," my darker half moaned as he rolled over in his bed. I could hear the springs above me.

Mirai glared at the door before burying his face in his pillow. He wasn't in the mood to deal with his fellow duel monster. Calin, on the other hand, was wide awake and practicing his swordsmanship in the main area. He had started just as we were leaving to go to bed. I wondered if he was still at it.

Suddenly, we heard a few crashes and more shouts in Egyptian. I sighed as I hopped out of bed, not that I needed more sleep. Who can sleep with that duel monster on the loose? You turn your back to him and he causes all sorts of trouble, but Ryou still wanted him here. It must be love, er something like that. Bakura started yelling death threats at the annoying duel monster. His hikari soon started yelling for his darker half to calm down.

Then I could hear Malik and Ishtar join in the fun. Apparently, they had been woken up by the loud cursing and death threats. The pair took Bakura's side, as they wanted more sleep. Just when I thought Malik was returning back to his old self or what I thought was his old self, he goes insane on us. It must me be from the lack of sleep.

I entered the room and glared at the Change of Hearts card, who then backed off immediately. Yeah, that was right. Be afraid, be very afraid. I was pretty much ticked off for being woken up earlier than I would have liked. "Would you keep it DOWN!!!" Power radiated off of my body, as I started to glow.

"Okay," the room's occupants said in unison as they too backed away, except for Calin. He ignored his surroundings as he meditated. Since he was being so polite and quiet, I decided not to disturb him as I stormed back to my room.

[Thank you, Master Yugi.]

/No problem./ I yawned before flopping back on my bed. Even though I wanted to go back to sleep, I couldn't for some reason. I tossed and turned to find a comfortable position, but I couldn't find any. Instead, I lay wide awake staring at the bottom of the other bed.

We had all seven millennium items. We should be able to find the mysterious eighth item, though we had a hard time doing so. Last night, or to be more correct this morning, we spent a few hours trying to use the seven items to bring forth the eighth one. However, we failed in that area. We ended up finding several headaches as we went back to the drawing board. Ryou mentioned that the eighth item was a human. I wondered who it could be.

//A penny for your thoughts.// My darker half sent me a message.

/I was just thinking about the eighth item./

//What about the eighth item?//

/What if we aren't able to find it?/

//Don't think like that!// My darker half scolded me mentally. //That's no way to think.//

/I guess you're right. Still... It's going to be harder searching for a person, who we have no clue what he or she looks like./

//It wouldn't be that hard, we could use the millennium ring.//

/Isn't the eighth item supposed to be more powerful than the rest of the items combined?/

//You've got me there.// Yami sighed mentally. //We'll have to search for the item by other means, though I don't remember what I did with it.//

/You'll remember one of these days./ I tried to cheer him up.

//I hope so. The fate of the world depends on us finding the eighth item.//

{Master Yugi and Yami, it appears Duo is getting out of hand again.}

/Calin, what's the duel monster up to this time?/ I sent to one of my duel monsters.

{Well, he decided that he wants to become a chef and is currently creating a huge mess in the kitchen as well as annoying Isis in the process.}

/Hasn't Ryou or Bakura dealt with their duel monster?/

{Ryou is too busy keeping his darker half from killing their duel monster.}

/I'll be there in a minute./

I jumped off my bed and sprinted over towards the kitchen to find Duo in the center of the mess, with a fuming Isis and Seto off to the side. Mokuba seemed to be having fun with the duel monster. They were apparently trying to cook something from the looks of it. After seeing the mess, I could only guess they weren't that successful in creating a master piece. They should have left the cooking to someone who can actually cook. Meanwhile, Ryou was off to the corner, preventing his darker half from harming their duel monster. He literally had to place his body between his yami and the Change of Hearts.

"Duo!!" I screamed at the duel monster, getting his attention. "OUT!!!" I pointed to the kitchen door, to which the duel monster scurried out very quickly. They learned that whenever I became angry that wasn't a good sign. First of all, it took a lot for me to get angry. Second of all, if I became angry, my powers were something to be reckoned.

"Sorry about the mess, Big Brother," Mokuba sheepishly apologized.

"At least the damage is minimal," Seto took a deep breath of relief as he surveyed the damage. It wasn't like that he could afford it, but he would rather not recklessly throw his money away. He doesn't want to spend more money than he needed.

"I guess we should start cleaning," Isis said, picking up a few items.

Seto cursed as he looked at the mess. I guessed he was used to having servants clean after him. Then again, he was rich enough to hire an entire cleaning service to clean his mansion once a week or even twice a week if he wanted to. "Don't you have any magic or something?"

"I'm not the one who dabbles in magic," Isis replied a little coldly. "Ask Malik. He's more into that. I have research to do and a museum to run."

"I'll help!" Mokuba chirped, wanting to help clean the mess he made.

"Mokuba, just go and play with the other duel monsters," Seto sighed as he rubbed his temples.

"But I want to help," Mokuba protested as he started cleaning.

"You can help, just don't make it messier than it already is," Seto said as he joined his little brother. "And you are taking a bath as soon as this is finished."

"I'll help you two as soon as my yami calms down," Ryou volunteered to help clean up the mess.

"When I get my hands on that Change of Hearts!!!" Bakura screamed in rage as he tried to get out of his hikari's death grip.

"Please calm down," Ryou tried calming down his darker half with soothing words. Maybe it just might work, but then again, this was the former tomb robber we were dealing with.

"I'll leave you to take care of this," I said yawning and headed toward the bedroom; where I found my darker half wide awake.

"What is it this time?" He also yawned.

"Duo," I mumbled as I stumbled back to my bed.

"What kind of mischief is he up to?"

"He practically ruined the kitchen, trying to cook," I said before flopping on my bed.

"Duo never learned how to cook," Mirai grumbled from his position. "Did he cause any accidents or injuries?"

"He almost got himself killed by one of his masters," I sighed as I remembered the look on Bakura's face. He appeared he was going to murder his duel monster.

"Lemme guess, Bakura," Yami said sarcastically.

"Yeah," I replied as I closed my eyes. That duel monster was too stressful to handle. It was a wonder how Bakura remained calm in the presence of that duel monster. Then again, he had one very patient hikari. Slowly, I drifted off to sleep.

A few hours later, I woke up to find my Dark Magician reading through those blasted scrolls again. My darker half had left the room, while I was still asleep. I glanced over at the magician who was too engrossed in his reading.

I needed to do something, as I was starting to get bored so I decided to walk around a bit. To my surprise, I found Seto and Joey arguing over something. Out of curiosity, I quietly sneaked over towards them. They were so into their fight that they never noticed me creeping up to their position. It must have been over some petty detail.

"Listen you puppy, I don't have time to deal with it," Seto growled at the blonde.

"And you think I have time!" Joey growled back at the billionaire.

"Well, you don't have a company to run and a little brother to take care of!" Seto yelled at Joey.

"I don't see you trying to hold down several jobs just so you can put food on the table and help take care of a little sister!" Joey furiously screamed.

"It's not like you have to make important decisions all day long!" Seto returned.

"They may not be important to you or anyone else, but they are important to me and my little sister!" Joey spat out. "I don't work my tail off, just so I can spend it on fancy gizmos. I work hard so that I can help Serenity and my mom out."

Seto didn't answer that remark. He stayed quiet as he thought about what Joey had said. It did make sense why we didn't see Joey a lot. He was holding down quite a few jobs so that his little sister and mom could have a better life. Though, he didn't send them all of the money he earned. He saved enough for some duel monster cards.

"Family means more to me than the riches of the world," Joey continued. "What do you go home to? You go home to a big empty house, with only one person who actually wants to be with you. Tell me, with all that money, I figured you'd have several people."

"Shut up!" Seto screamed at the blonde. "Don't you have any better use for that mouth other than eating or yapping?"

"You want me to bite you?" Joey said sarcastically.

Seto raised a brow, before abruptly pulling Joey close to him and kissing the blonde deeply on the lips. Joey was too shocked to do anything, except blink his eyes. A moment later, his brain registered what was happening and kissed him back. Soon, I heard Joey moan with pleasure as Seto's hands roamed on his back and hips.

//Aibou, it isn't nice to spy.//

/Yeah, but Seto and Joey are getting together./

//SAY WHAT!!!//

/A little softer please?/

//Sorry about that. I don't believe it. Out of all the people, I thought Seto would have chosen Isis or Serenity but Joey?//

/You don't know that much about him./ I scolded my darker half as I sneaked back out of the room and into the main area.

When I entered the room, everyone's gaze fell on me. Malik and his yami were sitting comfortably on a chair with Malik on Ishtar's lap. Ryou and his darker half were practically doing the same thing. My darker half was lounging in a chair. Calin and Orion halted their training to look at me. Tea and Serenity stopped their little conversation. Cyan and Tristan were currently bored out of their minds. Isis looked up from the scroll she was reading. Seto and Joey haven't returned from their little conversation. Mirai was currently brooding, so he didn't notice me enter the room. Our two Blue Eyes White Dragons were taking a nap at the moment. We shouldn't wake them up, because a cranky dragon was an extremely dangerous one.

"Why is everyone looking at me?" I asked the room's occupants.

"Because we don't have a clue where to find the eighth millennium item and you might," Bakura said on the behalf of everyone.

"Why would you think that I would know?" I wondered out loud.

"You're Yami's former wife back in ancient Egypt," Ishtar pointed that fact out. The others' mouth dropped as they took in this information.

"Thanks a lot Ishtar," I said sarcastically. I hadn't told them that information and he just had to blurt it out to the rest of the people. Well, I only told Bakura, Ishtar, Isis, and Shadi. The others were left in the dark until now. "Since you know about it, I guess I can't hide it anymore. I used to be Yami's wife, back when we were in ancient Egypt."

"That is cool," Tristan commented as the others hadn't found their voices.

"I never knew," Malik said as he was the second one to find his voice. "Did you know?" He glanced towards his darker half.

"Yes," Ishtar said. "Me, Yami, Bakura, Isis, and Shadi. We all knew about it, since we were in Egypt or can see Egypt's past."

"Why didn't you tell me?" Malik pouted very cutely, which was unlike him.

"Because it is not my secret to tell and unlike some spirits who have big mouths, I don't go spreading it," Ishtar said with a smirk as he looked at the spirit, whom he was referring to.

"Shut up!" Bakura growled at the spirit of the rod. "No one told me not to tell."

"Isn't it obvious when he only told us?" Shadi gave Bakura a glare. "In any case, we still have to find the eighth item."

"This is a lot to take in," Serenity sighed as she leaned against her older brother, who had just walked back during the period of silence.

Seto stood in a corner, with his sights on Joey. He didn't feel jealous that Serenity was seeking comfort from her own brother. It was almost like him comforting his little brother, when they were younger.

"What did I miss?" Joey asked the group.

"You missed Bakura telling everyone that Yugi was Yami's former wife," Tea scolded the blonde for not being there. Seto narrowed his eyes.

"Wow," Joey said, looking at me. "That must have been cool, but you're a boy."

"Thank you Mr. Obvious," Bakura grumbled.

"I know that I'm boy this time around," I sighed as I took a seat next to my darker half. "It's strange enough for me as it is, having both of my life times as different genders."

"That must stink," Tea blurted out, to which everyone glared at her.

"Now that we have that taken care of, we should be getting to the matter at hand," Yami stated with a stern voice. "We have an unknown enemy who seems intent on gathering all seven millennium items and using it to call on the eighth item. We've tried summoning the eighth item, but we haven't had any luck."

"We can't stay here forever," Ishtar reminded them of that fact. "Sooner or later, they'll find us and when they do, they won't have any mercy on us until we hand over all of the millennium items and that includes the eighth item, which we don't have."

"The problem is knowing their movements without giving out ours," Bakura said, thinking strategically. "If we use our items, they will surely feel it."

"With all the millennium items, I can't use my tauk to foresee the future," Isis sighed as she glanced around the room.

A cell phone broke the silence as we jumped in surprise. Pretty much, we were edgy, since we had all seven millennium items gathered. We also had the pharaoh, who was supposed to know where the eighth item was. The blue eyed brunette and Joey's new lover reached for his cell phone. He can't leave home without it.

"This isn't a good time to be calling," Seto growled into his cell phone. We all heard the one sided conversation. "How do you know about the millennium items?" A moment of silence passed before he screamed on the phone. "Who do you think you are? Do you think your empty threats will make me hand over the millennium items? You have another thing coming." More moments of silence passed. "Come and get it if you dare." Suddenly, he hung up his cell phone and growled.

"What is it, Big Brother?" Mokuba asked. He had seen his brother act this way, but only when he was defending him or his company.

"They know where we are," Seto sighed as he held his head. "They were just toying with us. They wanted us to gather all seven of the millennium items so they can take it from us, without having to search for it."

"A true strategist allows his opponents to do all the work," Pegasus spoke up. We all turned towards his direction. In all our conversation, we had completely forgotten him.

"They know who we are and where we are," Isis said with a stern voice. "Yet we have no clue who they are or where they are located. This places us at a severe disadvantage."

"Yes it does," Shadi backed her up. "They hide among the shadows, waiting to strike at any second. I have been trying to track them, but they elude me every step of the way."

"That can't be good," yami said. "Well now, some predicament we're in."

"Yeah, we can't go and we can't stay," I sighed. This was my entire fault. Somehow I knew that I had something to do with it, but I don't know exactly how. "What do you propose we do?"

"We find the eighth millennium item right away," Joey said.

"What do you think we've been doing last night?" Malik retorted. "We've been searching through these scrolls and we haven't found a thing."

"This just keeps going in circles," Yami growled at no one in particular. Through our link, I could tell that he was getting very frustrated and annoyed.

"Will someone make up their minds?" Tea asked.

In less than a minute, the entire group started arguing. Some of them said that we should be leaving. Others said that we would become vulnerable if we leave. Then again, they already knew where we were. Our duel monsters stayed out of the fight. They were chatting amongst themselves before not too long, they started their own heated debate. I was getting a serious headache from all of this. We shouldn't be fighting each other. We should be fighting our unknown enemy.

I could feel my anger and power glowing. Pretty soon, I felt my armor and wings return to me, except I had a different design to it. I had more of a millennium item design. On my head band, I had the sennen eye. As I glowed a bright gold, the seven millennium items floated towards me and circled me. The others stared as the seven millennium items surrounded me. Their mouths were literally on the ground. The items glowed as I glowed. I lowered my power, resulting in the items being returned to their respective holders.

"Somebody, pinch me," Ryou said unbelievingly. His darker half pinched him. "Ow!"

"You did ask for it," Bakura said innocently. His hikari shot him a glare.

"I don't believe this," Yami stated everyone's thoughts at the moment. "You're the eighth item we've been looking for."

"No wonder why Ryou said he looked familiar," Malik said thoughtfully. "I'm referring to his vision of the eighth item."

"Oh," Joey said. He glanced over towards me. "I mean out of all the people, it is you."

"Well it makes sense," Serenity said. We gave her a confused look. "From what Joey has told me, they wanted you to join them. Now I see they want you because you're the eighth item and the eighth item would hold more power than all seven of the millennium items combined."

"Too bad, brains doesn't run the family," Seto muttered quietly. Well, he thought he said it quiet enough for us not to hear. He was wrong. Calin and I could hear it perfectly well.

"Who would have ever thought," Tristan said thoughtfully.

"It does fit the legend," Mirai spoke up. "It talks about light and dark. Yugi is light and Yami is dark. When they meet, they have the potential to bring peace."

"Why now?" Mokuba asked.

"Because I have recently met my darker half," I answered the question. "Well, at least I have just met him formally even though I've had the puzzle for much longer."

"That takes care of that, but we still need to get him out of here," Seto said from where he was. "They will be after him and they know where we are."

"I would suggest teleporting, but they will eventually find us," Bakura said casually.

"The shadow realm isn't a good place either, especially for mortals," Ishtar commented. His eyes swept over the people, who don't posses millennium items. Tea, Serenity, Mokuba, Joey, and Tristan wouldn't last long there. I would think Seto can hang on longer than the others.

We sat in silence deciding out next step. Talk about being caught between a hard place and a rock. We can't stay here for obvious reasons and we can't leave without risking been seen or caught. This wasn't my day. Ever since I discovered Yami, my life has been turned upside down.

"Anyone have any thoughts?" Yami asked the group.

"Do we have any concealing spells?" Calin spoke up.

"I believe I know a few, though they may not be strong enough," Mirai sighed.

"That may work," Ishtar said thoughtfully. "Too bad the ones I know aren't strong enough."

"One of the areas I specialize in," Bakura said with a smirk. "I know a powerful spell of concealment, but I haven't been able to cast it."

"Maybe I can," Yami suggested. The former tomb robber handed the former pharaoh a small scroll. My darker half took one look at it. "I can cast this spell. However, it will drain me of most of my energy, leaving me vulnerable."

"That is not good," Mokuba said.

"Perhaps some of us can lend you our strength," Malik suggested.

"Why don't I give it a shot?" I spoke up.

"Are you sure you're up to it?" Joey asked what was on everyone's mind.

"I'm sure I'm up to it," I tried to assure my worried friends. "After all, I am the eighth item."

"He does have a point," Isis agreed with me.

"Okay then," Yami said, when suddenly the ground shook and the alarms went off. "What's going on?"

"Someone is breaking in," Seto said, narrowing his eyes. "Everyone grab your belongings and follow me."

All of us rushed towards our rooms and grabbed our belongings. It was a good thing we didn't have that much or stayed for too long. When we met in the main area, Seto showed us an emergency exit. As I was still in my warrior mode, I took the lead with Yami and Ishtar. Bakura and Malik brought up the rear. Isis, Shadi, and Ryou guarded the center. Our duel monsters also helped, except for Duo who was aggravating everyone.

As we emerged from the tunnel, I saw an entire army of duel monsters. Several winged beasts had taken to the skies, while the ground ones charged at us. They too felt our presence. I guessed it was my powers that had alerted them to our presence, but I don't think it was just me alone.

Several ninjas threw ninja stars at us, causing us to scatter. Before I could stand up, I felt someone grab me from behind. I knew it wasn't the others, as it had a dark magic source, not to mention all the yamis were in my field of vision. I powered up, hoping to shake off my capturer. Even with the explosion of power, it managed to maintain its grip on me. I mentally imagined a dagger, which appeared in my hands. Turning it around, I stabbed the creature in its leg and it screeched with pain. When it had released me, I whipped around and stabbed it through its heart.

The others were holding, even against the odds. Our two dragons protected those who can't fight. Malik and Ishtar were slashing any enemy with their millennium rods. Bakura had a field day, sending the duel monsters back to the shadow realm. Tristan and Joey covered each other's backs as they fought the monsters in a hand to hand combat. Seto and Yami made sure no one sneaked up on each other's backs. Calin and Mirai were protecting each other. The Dark Magician shot any enemies far away while Celtic Guardian kept them away from the spellcaster. Both Blue Eyes White Dragons fought the winged beasts. Orion and Cyan guarded each other in a similar fashion as my duel monsters. Duo, for once, was being useful and pestering the other duel monsters enough to allow us to attack them.

Seeing as the others were handling the situation, I scanned the perimeter for their leader. I knew these duel monsters had to have a master, because they were working together when they were attack. Also some of these duel monsters have been known to have rivalries against each other. I knew my Dark Magician and Blue Eyes White Dragon used to have a rivalry. They eventually became friends once they got to know each other. Where was the leader? I became frustrated as I hacked and slashed his minions.

A blur caught my attention. It was heading towards Yami and Seto. "Look out!" I cried, hoping that they will hear me in time to defend themselves.

Yami looked up and shoved Seto out of the path. They both tumbled down the small hill. The human wore a black armor with sharp edges. An unknown symbol adorned the front chest plate. Silver and gold lines were intertwined on the edges of the armor. A broadsword was held in a sheath on his back. He was covered from neck to toes in armor. His long black hair waved in the breeze as his blood red eyes stared at me.

"Join us," he made me an offer. "Join us and you will rule the world with my master."

"What makes you think that I would want to join you?" I spat out.

"When my master rules the world, you don't want to be against him," the leader tried to persuade me. "It would be in your best interest to join us now. It will save us both the trouble of fighting and such. Besides, you wouldn't want your shiny armor to be ruined or your wings. As for your little friends, they won't be killed for now."

"That doesn't sound convincing," I snapped back. No one was going to hurt my friends and gets away with it.

The man raised his arm forward. He turned his hand so that his palm faced the sky. An image of my grandpa appeared above it. He was tied and gagged. Dried blood streamed down his face and shirt. A large bruise can be seen on his cheeks, indicating he had been slapped. His clothes were torn in several places and cuts can be seen through them. Dried blood was caked around the holes. I narrowed my eyes as I watch the image.

"I see that has your attention," the man said smirking.

"What do you want?" I asked, rage in my voice.

"I want you to join us," the man said. The image flickered, before disappearing. "You will help bring our cause to reality."

"And what cause would that be?" I inquired.

"The unity of human kind under our great master," the warrior said smiling. I wished I could wipe that smile off his face.

"What's wrong with humanity now?" I questioned the armored warrior.

"They are divided," he answered. "They fight among themselves. They take more than they need, forcing others to have little to none. They love money more than their own family."

"People need to be able to make their own decisions, whether it is good or bad," I spoke up. "We have the right to make our own choices."

"You can't trust people to make the right decisions. That's why we need my master," he said with great conviction. "He will set people on the straight path. Think about it a perfect world, a utopia. A world with no wars, hunger, or oppression."

"That isn't right for one person to make everyone's decision," I growled at him.

"Isn't it worth the sacrifice?"

Should I risk my grandpa's life to save the world? Or should I risk the entire population to save my grandpa? This was the hardest decision I had to make in my entire life. The decision to duel with Pegasus had been a hard one. Now I had to make another decision. I wished my grandpa was here. He would know what to do. I glanced over towards Yami, who also didn't know what to do. He wanted to help, but he couldn't do anything for now.

"Only cowards use hostages," Bakura spat at the warrior.

"I know when I'm outclassed," the warrior corrected the yami. "There's a different between being a coward and someone who uses their brains. I know that I can defeat any of you, but with Yugi, I seriously doubt I will love another day."

"Let him go!" Yami shouted at the warrior.

"And let go of my insurance that Yugi will join us, I don't think so," the warrior said. "Well, what is it going to be?"

"I need more time to think about it, without you attacking me," I spoke up harshly. "Two days."

"My master acknowledges your request and grants you two days and only two days to make your decision," the warrior spoke before turning his back and leaving. His army soon withdrew from the area leaving us all alone.

What should I chose?