Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Meeting My Yami ❯ Shadi ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wingzero: And here we start another chappie of Meeting My Yami.

DS: …………………………̷ 0;..

Yugi: So are we going to find that bald guy?

Shadi: I am NOT bald!

Yami: Says who?

Shadi: Says me!

DS: Oh really.

Shadi: >.<

Wingzero: -.-

Ray: Mew?

Wingzero: Kitten!

**********Malik's POV**********

The last thing I remembered was being trapped in a burning building, carrying my sister. Ryou had just helped me to locate her, when the building started to collapse on itself, especially that whatever was keeping our section up was gone. We raced to the window, only to collapse once we had reached it. I don't remember much from there.

The next thing I found myself in a hospital bed across from Ryou. His yami was at his side, and I couldn't believe the sight in front of me. My eyes must be deceiving me for I saw them doing what I thought was impossible. There was no way that former tomb robber could be doing such a thing in front of me. He was passionately kissing his hikari.

That does it. I must be going insane. Wait, I was already insane to start that. Scratch that theory. Then it must be the smoke. It had got to be the smoke. There was nothing else, that could make me hallucinate. Gods, I needed more sleep. As I laid down, I wondered what happened to my yami and sister. Where were they?

//You think too much.//

/Is that so?/

//Yeah, too noisy here.// He smirked at me.

/What happened?/ I wanted to know.

//You passed out from all the smoke.//

/Besides that./ I already knew that.

//I came out of my soul room and took over our body.// Ishtar said casually.

/You rescued Ryou, my sister, and me?/ I blinked several times. Normally, he wouldn't go out of his way to help others.

//You know I needed a host and Ryou could be useful.// He said in his normal voice. //He is learning to tap into his powers.//

So that was the reason he saved me. I should have figured out that by now. /I have noticed that./

//Why didn't you use your powers?// Ishtar asked suspiciously.

/I forgot?/ I answered sheepishly.

Ishtar's face fell as he fell off his bed in his soul room. //What kind of answer is that!//

/I don't know./

//Never mind.//

/Do you think they have gotten to her?/ I wondered out loud mentally.

//Who has gotten to who?// Ishtar inquired with an amused tone this time.

/Do you think whoever is after the eighth millennium item has gotten to my sister?/

//I think they were the ones who set the building on fire.// Ishtar said with a grim voice.

/My sister!/ I just realized I haven't checked up on her. How was she fairing? Did she even make it out alive? Is she critically injured?

//Calm down!// Ishtar shouted through our link. //If it makes you feel any better, I'll go check on her.// Why couldn't I do it? As if reading my mind, he replied, // You need your rest. After all you were the one who is hallucinating.//

/Very funny./

Suddenly, a light flashed as my yami exited his soul room and proceeded to venture to the other side of the room. I never knew my sister was in the same room as us. If I had known, I would have kept protesting to see her. When my yami separated, it caught the attention of Ryou and his darker half, who stared at us.

"How are you?" Ryou politely asked me.

"I'm doing fine, considering what we been through," I sighed as I leaned against my propped up pillows.

"That was some fire," Ryou commented. His yami held him in protective embrace.

"I never knew you learned how to use your powers," I mentioned.

"Me neither," Ryou admitted. "It sort of happened."

"I understand," I said with a small smile. "When I was learning, I couldn't control my powers. During my emotional highs, my power became stronger and somewhat manageable."

"That's what happened with me," Ryou said in surprise.

"Anyways, we still have to find Shadi," I sighed once again.

"I still have one question," Ryou said. His gaze settled on me as with his yami's.

"How did you get out of there?" Bakura asked instead of his aibou.

"I didn't," I answered truthfully. "I passed out about the same time as Ryou."

"Then how did you manage to get out if you were unconscious?" Bakura inquired suspiciously.

"My yami took over our body and saved all of us," I replied.

"So he finally got off his lazy rear and did something useful," Bakura shrugged.

"I resent that!" Ishtar practically yelled from the other side of the room. Since there was hardly anything preventing us from listening to the other side, we could hear each other's conversation. Well, we weren't paying any attention to the other side.

"What do you suppose happened?" Ryou asked, very curiously.

"I don't have …." I started speaking before I was interrupted.

"I can answer that for you," Isis spoke up. She had apparently been awake.

"Were you attacked?" I asked, full of concern.

"Yes, I was," Isis started her explanation. "Today, I decided to visit the library, because the museum was being fumigated. I had gone to the ancient Egyptian section, when I saw them coming with my millennium item. I had to act quickly, as they were closing in on my location. I knew they were after my millennium tauk so I had hidden it within a book."

"That's where I found it," I whispered softly.

"Yes, however I wasn't able to conceal myself in time," she continued. "They tried to force me to reveal its location when they couldn't find it on my body." Isis indicated the bruises and cuts she had received. "When they thought I wouldn't tell, I told them I had left it in my vault at the bank for safe keeping, and they fell for it. Since they had no further use for me, they had bound me and threw me into the closet. I heard the orders to torch the place before I blacked out."

"That's horrible," Ryou too whispered.

"If you ask me, they're a bunch of cowards," Bakura commented.

"There were five of them," Isis informed us. "They had weapons and armor, while I had only my bare hands."

"I never knew," I whispered softly again. This time I had remorse in my voice.

"It's okay," Isis assured me with a hug.

"We still have to look for Shadi," Ishtar reminded all of us. "The others have gone back to the Kaiba's secret hide out and are waiting for us to arrive. Yami said to come under the cover of darkness. I surprisingly agreed with him on this."

"Who knows where they are?" Bakura growled a little. He still had his hikari in a protective embrace. After what had happened today, I couldn't blame him. He nearly lost his other half in a fire. When we had made the decision to split them up, he clearly objected to the idea.

"You need to rest," Isis placed her hand on my chest and forced me to lie down on the bed. Then she poked my chest. "You still need to recover."

"We need to plan how to…" Unfortunately, my sister wouldn't take no as an answer. I glanced over to my darker half, who looked like he was going to burst out laughing. "Okay." I decided to go along with my sister rather than having her upset at me and fussing over me ever second.

When I had opened my eyes again, I found my sister in the chair next to me, reading her book. I never saw that among her belongings before. Sitting up, I tried to read what the cover was, when Isis noticed I was awake.

"How are you?"

"I'm doing much better," I replied as I glanced over to the other bed. Ryou had fallen asleep, but his yami stayed outside. They were both in the hospital bed together. Bakura held his hikari, while Ryou snuggled up against his darker half.

"They've been like that for awhile," Isis followed my gaze over to our room mates.

"I see," I said. "When can we get out of here?" I wanted to get out of this place. I really don't like hospitals, ever since father died in one.

"As soon as Ryou has woken up and you two have something to eat," Isis replied with a smile.

"How long has he slept?" I wondered out loud.

"He fell asleep an hour after you," Isis pointed out.

"Oh," I said.

Isis placed down her book and headed outside of the room. I wondered what she was up to. She couldn't be leaving us or maybe she was going to get the paper work for us to be released. That would be nice, but she mentioned something about Ryou being awake and the both of us eating something. Glancing over, I couldn't tell what time of day it was. The clock read seven thirty pm. It couldn't be that late.

When my older sister came back, she had a tray of food with her. She apparently had gone to get me some food. That was thoughtful over her. Then again, she had always been like this throughout my entire life. I seriously doubt she would change over night or something.

Hospital food wasn't the greatest, though I was hungry enough where I didn't care. As soon as it had been placed in front of me, I thanked my sister and started digging in. During my meal, I asked her if she had her dinner. She told me she had eaten hers while I was still sleeping. The nurses didn't have the heart to wake me up after hearing what I have been through. I had nearly lost my life, trying to save my sister's.

While I was finishing, Ryou started stirring in his sleep before waking up. He bolted up, causing his yami to nearly fall off the bed if it weren't for those guard rails. Bakura blinked as he was getting the last shred of sleep out of his system.

"What is it, aibou?" In less than a second, Bakura held his hikari in a loving embrace.

"It was only a nightmare," Ryou said, trying to assure his darker half.

"You're not telling me the truth," Bakura said firmly.

"Okay, I had a vision," Ryou said, curling up while in his darker half's embrace.

"And I thought my millennium item could give them," Isis said. Ryou's last statement had caught her attention.

"I saw the eighth item," Ryou whispered in a low voice. "They had it."

"Oh dear," Isis gasped.

"What did the eighth item look like?" Ishtar asked, now that he separated from me.

"It was human," Ryou said thoughtfully. "I couldn't see who it was exactly, but somehow, that person looked very familiar."

"How can a millennium item be a person?" Bakura questioned. He had a perplexed expression on his face.

"Maybe it has something to do with the spirit or soul, not with the physical element," I spouted out. Where did that come from?"

"You're onto something," Ishtar said. "Maybe it doesn't have any connections to the physical realm, but to a spiritual one."

"We have to inform the others," Ryou stated as he tried to get up.

"Not without eating something you don't," Isis said with a stern voice. Her hands had gone to her hips. I knew that look. She wasn't going to back down, even from a yami.

Bakura, to our surprise, also agreed with my sister. "You haven't eaten anything since breakfast. I won't allow you to leave here without eating dinner." He said glancing at the clock.

Two against one wasn't good odds. Ryou looked over to me for help. "I'm staying out of this."

"Okay," Ryou reluctantly agreed. His yami scurried off to find the nearest nurse.

Within forty five minutes, we were ready to leave. Isis had signed all the paper work to release the both of us, because Ryou and I were underage. Also, Bakura had no record or any proof of his existence. If he did, it would be a few millennia old. I seriously doubt they would acknowledge it or even believe it.

Our two yamis decided to stay in their soul room so we don't look suspicious. A pair of twins walking at night would draw unwanted attention to us. Our darker halves didn't like it at first, but they reluctantly agreed to it. I told them that if they thought we were in any kind of danger that they could come out and take care of it.

"I need to stop by the museum," Isis mentioned. She had her millennium tauk on, but she kept it concealed within her clothes.

"Why would you want to stop there?" I asked her.

"Because I left something important," Isis replied.

"What could be important for a detour?" Ryou jumped into our conversation.

"There are a few scrolls I have acquired concerning the eighth item," Isis whispered. "I have hidden them in a place, even you don't know about." She indicated me.

"You've been keeping secrets from me?" I said irritated at the fact.

"More like your yami," Ryou chuckled.

True. My yami seemed to know what was going on in my mind. Sooner or later, he will find out. It was just a matter of time for him.

//Hey!// Ishtar huffed indignantly from his soul room.

/You know its true./ I teased him.

"Maybe we should talk about something else," Isis suggested.

We found ourselves talking about anything and everything. I never knew Ryou's father was an archaeologist. Ryou said that his father would often go on his excavations, rarely spending any time with him. So he was left with his yami and no friends, until Yugi and his yami showed up. They managed to subdue the violent yami. I can relate to him. Before I met him, I used to have several friends and outgoing. Then I met my darker half. My friends thought I had gone insane and were forbidden to hang out with me. Any other people I tried to befriend would stay away from me. It was only until after I met Yugi and Yami did I gain true friends, ones who did not run away, because of my yami.

By the time we had reached the steps to the museum, Ryou and I decided to become best friends. We had much more in common than we originally thought. For the first time in my life, I thought things were starting to change for me until I remembered our current situation. Why do I always get the short end of the stick?

"I'll be back in a few minutes," Isis said hurrying up to the building. Instead of using the front doors, she had swerved to the right and was going to take the side door.

"What do we do until then?" Ryou asked.

"She said she would be back in a few minutes," I shrugged.

"I guess you're right," Ryou shrugged also. His millennium ring appeared and started pointing to behind us.

We both quickly spun around to find an Egyptian with a turban on, standing there. He had the millennium ankh, hanging around his neck and the millennium scales in his other hand. Finding the sixth and seventh items was a lot safer than finding the fifth.

"I presume you are looking for me," he spoke.

"Yes," both of us replied in unison.

"You are trying to gather the seven millennium items before they do," the mysterious man said.

Again we nodded our heads. He seemed to know what was going on. "Who are you?" I asked before Ryou could open his mouth.

"Malik, why am I not surprised you'd be the one to ask," the person said.

This was officially getting creepy. "How did you know my name?"

"I have been watching you," the person spoke with a smirk on his face. "For I am the guardian of the millennium items. It is my duty to ensure the safety of the items."

"Do you have a name to go with your title?" I asked him.

"They call me Shadi," the other Egyptian replied.

"If you were supposed to be guarding it, then how did my millennium ring end up at an Egyptian bazaar?" Ryou questioned.

"I was the one who sold it to your father," Shadi answered his questions. "For destiny had chosen you to wear the ring."

"I understand," Ryou said.

"Do you know anything about the eighth item?" I inquired politely.

"The eighth item has been kept a secret, even from me," Shadi shook his head. "Only the pharaoh knew, but his memory hasn't returned to him."

"This does put us in a bind," Ryou mumbled.

"Yes, but at least we'll have all the items," I said, trying to look on the bright side.

"We have to hurry," Shadi spoke up. "Our six items will not be safe here."

"Oh great," I groaned. I hadn't thought about how many millennium items we were holding.

Soon Isis appeared with a bag tucked under her arms. "Who's he?"

"He's the guardian of the millennium items," I answered quickly.

Before I could speak another word, Shadi interrupted me. "The longer we delay our departure, the more likely they are to find us."

"We have to go," I urged her as I grabbed her arm.

The trip back took approximately one hour, because we had to be very cautious. Several times throughout our journey, we had felt the presence of a dark being. I couldn't tell what it was, but Shadi appeared to know more than he was letting us know. A few times, we were spotted by some thieves. Since we didn't want to draw attention to ourselves, we allowed our yamis to take care of them. Boy, they were ever surprised when our darker halves separated from us. The braver ones tried to attack, only to be sent home limping. Serves them. They didn't know who they were dealing with.

As soon as we made it back to the hide out, we found everyone waiting for us. There was even an extra person. She was a red headed girl, who sat next to Joey. I wondered if he finally was able to bag himself a girlfriend or something. She seemed to be pretty for a female.

"So it would seem all the millennium items have been gathered," Yami spoke up. His deep voice echoed in the room.

"So it would seem," Shadi repeated him.

"Does anyone know how to work them?" Joey blurted out.

"I don't have a clue," Yami answered sheepishly. "Most of my memory is locked away."

"You never told me," Shadi made an inclination towards Yugi's darker half.

"This is not good," Tristan summarized up the situation for us.

"How can we find the eighth item?" Seto said, leaning against the wall.

"We do know it is human," Ryou spoke up, catching the attention of everyone in the room. "I had a vision today."

"I thought Isis would have seen it," Yami blinked several times.

"My millennium tauk can only see parts of the future, which can be altered by the other millennium items," Isis reminded Yami.

"Where are your duel monsters?" I asked, realizing they weren't in the room with us.

"They are either sleeping or researching the eighth item," Yami stated.

"Speaking of which," Isis held out her bag for everyone to see. "I have recently acquired a few scrolls that are of interest to us."

"Looks like were going to have a long night," Yami said.

"We can't read Egyptian," the new girl spoke up.

"That's okay, Serenity," Yami assured her. "Those who can read it will stay here. Everyone else can get some sleep."

Pretty much, all the yamis and hikaris stayed. Shadi and Isis also stayed behind. Seto joined his brother in the room we shared. Joey and Tristan also headed back to their respective rooms. Serenity joined Tea in the girl's bedroom.

Who on earth was the eighth item?

Yugi: Who is the eighth item?

Ray: Mew?

Yami: I'll figure it out!

Ray: Mew?

Seto: What's with the cat?

Ray: --U Mew.

Wingzero: *thwacks Seto with her frying pan of death*

Ray: ^^ Mew!

Seto: @.@ Nice kitty.

Wingzero: *huggles Ray*