Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Meeting My Yami ❯ Beginnings ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wingzero: As I have only viewed the dubbed version; therefore, I will use their dubbed names. If this offends you, there are plenty of fanfics that use the Japanese names. Now for the disclaimers…. *waits* The disclaimers. *waits some more* KAIBA!

Seto: *grumbles* What do you want?

Wingzero: The disclaimers.

Seto: Go ask Yami.

Wingzero: Let me put it this way, we can do this the easy way or the hard way. You pick.

Pegasus: Kaibaboy, I predict extreme torture headed your way.

Seto: *more grumbling* Wingzero does not own Yu-Gi-Oh or any of the characters mentioned. You happy?

Wingzero: Yep.

Seto: *glancing heavenward* Why me?

Yugi: You threatened to jump off if I didn't call off my attack.

Joey: Not to mention calling me a Chihuahua.

Tristan: And let's not forget the time you…..

Seto: Shut up.

Wingzero: And on with the fic. -_-`

**************************************************************** ********

Where should I begin? It all started when I first solved the millennium puzzle. By the way, my name is Yugi Mutou. After solving it, I began to sense this other presence within me. It helped me when I was in way over my head. For example, during duels he guides me, sometimes taking over. I remember the time when I nearly killed Seto Kaiba during a duel. I fought with this other presence for control. I almost thought we would lose Seto, but fortunately, I had managed to control it barely.

Lately, I don't know what to think. What is it? I can not answer for I myself am still confused. From what I know, it is a part of me, yet it isn't. Strange, huh? Tea suspects there might be two of me. I think she is right. The others haven't notice or they deny it exists. As for me, I'm the one living with it.

A week after the duel tournament, the gang and I were at my Grandpa's shop. We decided to practice on our dueling skills even though the tournament was over. Who knows when the next one will be held. Besides, this gives us a chance to have fun and relax after what we've been through. Surprisingly Seto Kaiba showed up. Not that I'm still made at him. It's just he's been so distantly lately with his work and taking care of Mokuba. His little brother convinced him that he need to rest once in awhile.

"Okay, I play the flame swordsman in attack mode," Joey said triumphantly as he placed one of his cards down.

"That's a good move but not good enough," I answered smiling smugly. "I play the dark magician in attack mode." I placed my magician onto the field knowing that Joey would lose all his life points when I attacked. "Dark magic attack."

"Awwww. There goes all my life points. How bout going easy next time?"

"I knew the little chihuahua can't fight real duels," Seta remarked coldly.

Abruptly standing up from his chair, Joey practically yelled at Seto, "At least I won my ten star chips unlike someone."

"Well, Yugi did give you your first star chip," Tristan said. His hands were folded behind his back.

"That doesn't count," Ryou backed Joey up. "All the duelist begin with two star chips."

"That's right," Joey agreed. He turned his attention back to the elder Kaiba.

"You guys, I have to be going," Tea spoke up. "It's getting late." She looked at her watch realizing that it is eight o'clock. "Besides I still need to catch up on the homework I missed. You should too."

"Did you have to remind us?" Joey asked, not too happy about the thought of homework piled up on his desk at home.

"We have been gone for awhile," Ryou said. "What a better way to finish it over the weekend. Look on the bright side, we can complete it together."

"Sounds like a good plan to me," Tristan agreed.

"We'll meet here," I offered. Grandpa was used to me having my friends over. He was happy that I finally had good friends. "One o'clock."

"That early?" Joey asked unenthusiastically.

"Only for you," Tea commented. She picked up her cards and waved goodbye to all of us before heading out the door.

"I'm busy" was all Seto said and headed for his car with his brother a step behind him.

"Bye," Mokuba waved to us. "I hope we can do this again."

"Same here," Joey answered. He didn't like the older Kaiba, but the younger one was fine in his books.

"See you later Yugi," Tristan said shoving off.

"Yeah, bye," Joey called back running after Tristan. They lived within a block of each other so they usually walked home together. I'm also glad since it was night time.

Sighing, I thought of the huge pile of homework sitting on my desk. It wouldn't matter if I started now. At least, I would be able to figure out some of the answers. I started to head towards my bedroom when I heard a strange voice.

It sounded like me, yet it was much deeper and colder than mine. Must be the thought of all that homework either that or I'm cracking up. Settling down at my desk, I picked up the first paper. Math homework. Math, science, and art are my favorite subjects well except for biology. The others hated math and science. Guess that's why they come to me for help. I actually understood it. Besides I'm good with puzzles so why not math.

//What is that?// A certain voice questioned.

Looking up from my paper, I frantically searched for the source of the voice. Who was there? The others already left or did they? Maybe this is one of Joey's jokes. Well, it isn't working this time. I returned my attention back to my studies.

//Hmmmmmmm.//

There goes that voice again. I decided not to pay attention to it. My sanity might be gone, but my teacher won't accept that excuse for not finishing my homework on time. She's the skeptical type.

After finishing the last of my science papers I had already finished my math, I changed into my pajamas and brushed my teeth. Good dental hygiene makes for a more pleasant trip to the dentist unlike a certain blond I know, who eats way too much sugar.

In the middle of the night, I woke up for some reason or another. For some reason I felt scared. This was definitely not my room. A soft shade of blue covered the walls. Toys were littered throughout the floor. A small table and chair stood on one side of the room while a bean bag on the other.

/What's going on?/ I thought to myself. /Where am I?/ Deciding to be bold, I picked my way through the sea of toys and opened the door.

Outside I found a small hallway with another door opposite of mine. It had no name on it, but it was decorated Egyptian style. I wondered who or what was behind the door. Gathering my courage, I walked towards the other door.

To my surprise the door started to slowly open. I stood there dumbfounded. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't move all I could do was watch. Then something snapped inside of me. I turned and ran as fast as my little legs would carry me to my room, slammed the door, and hid underneath my covers.

What was that? Was this my imagination? I knew it. My sanity is gone. I am now a total nutcase. Joey would think it's funny. I was scared at this other being even though it has helped me before, but this time was different. I didn't know what to think anymore.

Coming out of my thoughts, I heard the door to my room open. I curled up tighter not knowing what was going to happen. Sturdy footsteps made their way to my bed. Each one sounding closer and closer. I held my breath and shut my eyes tightly. Silently I prayed that this would be over.

The other being gently sat on my bed. It paused for a second before pulling the sheets off. Then…………..

**************************************************************** ********

Wingzero: Cliffhanger. The suspense. The drama. Can you feel the tension in the air?

Seto: Why do I even bother putting up with this?

Kero: What future awaits our little Yugi in the next episode? Who is this other presence? It is dangerous to a certain midget's health? Will Joey ever be kind to Seto? Will our heroes finish their homework on time? Stay tuned to find out.

Yugi: Hey who you calling a midget, stuffed animal?

Kero: It's in the script. And don't call me a stuffed animal!

Yami Bakura: *whistling*

Yugi: *starts crying*

Yami: You made my aibou cry, now you die! *chases after Yami Bakura wielding a frying pan*

Yami Bakura: *running for his life* Can't you take a joke Pharaoh?