Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Meeting My Yami ❯ Yami Yugi ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wingzero: Now where were we? Oh yes, but first the disclaimers.

Seto: Read the first chapter.

Wingzero: That will do. I guess.

Kero: Where's my pudding?

Wingzero: In the fridge. *sighs and points to the fridge*

Kero: *makes a mad dash for the fridge*

Li: Stupid stuffed animal.

Kero: I heard that.

Wingzero: Mental note, hire someone else.

**************************************************************** ********

Then…… a face suddenly appeared. I slowly opened my eyes to find a pair of reddish purple eyes staring at me. My breathing became shallow as I started coming back to reality. What is he going to do?

His eyes weren't the only things I noticed. He looked very much like me save that he is taller than me. I began to shake a little, mostly out of fear.

Seeing me in this state, his expression softened. He slid over to me. Soon I felt strong arms embrace me. I didn't know how to react. My first instinct was to pull away, but it felt right. He held me protectively. I finally relaxed in his arms. We stayed in that position for awhile before he broke the silence.

"Little one, why are you afraid of me?"

"I don't know," I whispered right away without thinking. Truthfully I didn't know. Sighing, I searched for a way to tell him something. "I thought you were going hurt me.

I could see sadness cover his face, then shock settled in. "I won't hurt you, I promise."

Not knowing what to say, I thanked him. "By the way, what's your name and what are you?"

"I don't have a name," the other responded. "I am your other half."

Confusion swept throughout me. "My other half" I repeated.

"I am your darkness, you are my light," he answered. "We are the same being, we are different."

"I kinda understand," I answered trying to comprehend what he just said.

"Hmmmmmm," he pondered over how to explain this to me. "We are day and night. One person with two different sides."

"I understand." If I am light and he is dark, then that would make him my yami. "Yami. Can I call you that?"

"If that is what you want, little one," Yami answered with a smile.

After my adrenaline rush, I felt soooo tired. A yawn escaped through my lips.

"You should rest, Aibou," he said affectionately. With that, he tucked me into my bed.

"Yami."

"Yes."

"Good night."

"Good night, my light."

The next morning it seemed to be a dream. I remembered waking up in this strange room. Then a me look a like came through the door. He spoke gently to me and held me protectively in his arm. He promised that he would never hurt me. I even gave him a name. Could this be the other presence? Why was he acting strange? Well, from the times, I've seen no felt him. This time I woke up in my own room.

//Did you have a good sleep?// a voice asked.

Startled, I fell off my bed with a thud. /Who's there?/ was my first thought. Looking frantically around the room I heard someone laughing. It sounded as if it was coming from my head.

//You do remember last night?//

/Heh heh, I thought I was dreaming or going insane./

//No, my little light.//

/Where are you?/

//In my soul room. Where else?//

/So that's where I was./ Reality finally dawning on me.

Yami sighed. //We both have a soul room. The decorations represent us, who we are. In this place, we do not have control over our body, but we can see and hear.//

/I see. But how are we able to talk like this./

//You and I are one. I'm guessing we have a connection between us.//

My stomach decided to make itself known.

Yami mentally smiled. //Aibou, you need to eat.//

/Yup./ I agreed with him. Untangling myself from the mess I made, I placed my blankets back on my bed and raced downstairs to the kitchen.

Grandpa was awake as usual. He had to open the store. "Good morning, Yugi."

"Morning, Grandpa." I greeted him as I scavenged for some breakfast.

"Up this early?"

"It's not early," I protested while continuing my search.

"For you it is," he laughed.

"Very funny." I decided on a box of Cheerios. "By the way, the others will be stopping by today."

Frowning, Grandpa replied, "I thought you had homework."

"That's it. We're having a study group to catch up on our assignments."

"Good for you. Would you mind washing the dishes? I'm a little behind today."

"No problem," I chirped back. Grandpa headed toward the store after hearing my response. Today was going to be a busy day.

//What's homework?//

Munching on my breakfast, I nearly choked. /It's cruel and unusual punishment./

//Why would Grandpa be glad about you doing your homework?//

/Basically its work that we take home so we can learn./ I continued eating my breakfast.

//And you call that punishment?// Yami asked questioningly.

/It takes up my time./ I quipped.

Yami laughed at my remark.

/Yami?/

//Yes, Aibou?//

/I don't know how to explain you to my friends./ I thought about the possibilities. Each one ending up with me in a mental institute.

//I understand.//

That left me with three hours before my friends started arriving. What to do with that time. Maybe I can find more about Yami.

/I have three hours before my friends arrive./

//What would you like to do?//

/Talk./ I answered sheepishly.

Silence filled the air. Maybe he didn't like me. Putting away the dishes, I remembered I agreed to wash the dishes.

While I was washing them, Yami answered. //What would you like to talk about?//

/You./

//Me????//

/Yeah you./

//Why?// Yami asked nervously.

/Cause I don't know anything about you. I want to be your friend./ I thought finishing my chore. /Think about it, you have been with me this entire time, yet I don't have a single clue who you are./

//Friends. I've never had one of those.//

/Oh, I'm sorry./

//I didn't have time for them.//

/What were you doing?/

//Shouldn't you be doing your homework?// Yami said trying to avoid the question.

/My math and science homework is finished. I don't have any homework in art or p.e.. Literature, I need help on. I have a little bit to do for history and my creative writing class. Besides I want to learn about you./ I slightly pouted with my puppy dog eyes, hoping this would work. Well what did you know, it did.

//I was pharaoh.//

/As in Egypt./ I went up to my room.

//Yes.//

/It must have been neat./ I thought about having servants wait on you, ordering everyone around, and having anything I wanted.

//Not it wasn't. Ruling a nation isn't easy as they claim it to be.//

/Just a thought./ I said shuffling my deck until I came unto the dark magician.

//Not the talkative type.//

/The dark magician? You know him?/

//We had duel monsters back in my time. Though we called it the shadow games.//

/What are the `shadow games'./

//I will tell you when you're ready.//

/Okay./ I answered accepting that. After all he wanted to protect me. Sliding over the dark magician's card, I found the celtic guardian underneath.

//They're best friends.//

/I would like to be best friends with you./ I absently thought.

Surprised registered across Yami's face, then he smiled. //So would I.//

We talked mentally for the next few hours. I discovered that there were many sides to Yami than I had originally thought. His father and mother died when he was young leaving him to rule the nation. Besides dueling, he didn't have much hobbies having to spend most of his time ruling his people. Like his parents, he died at an early age sacrificing his life to seal the shadow games. The games were getting out of control. Villages were nearly destroyed during duels. That was when he decided to seal them at the cost of his life. His spirit was placed in the millennium puzzle. Yami also gave me some pointers on dueling since he is the King of Games.

"Yugi, your friends are here," Grandpa called from downstairs.

"Coming," I called back.

//Aibou, what's wrong?// Concern filled his voice.

/I'm trying to think of a way to tell them about you without them thinking I've lost it./

//You will. I have faith in you.//

/Thank you, Yami./ I thought before collecting myself and headed towards the shop.

**************************************************************** ********

Wingzero: Another chapter finished.

Yami Bakura: How come I'm not in this fic?

Wingzero: It's not your turn.

Yugi: Yay, I'm in it.

Seto: Well duh. She made you the main character. Why couldn't it be me?

Wingzero: Be careful of what you wish for. You just might get it.

Seto: Eeep.

Mirai Trunks: How will Yugi's friends cope with Yami? Will Seto show up to study? How will their lives change? When will Yami Bakura make his debut? Stay tuned to find out. Am I finished?

Wingzero: Yes.

Vegeta: TRUNKS!!!!!!

Mirai Trunks: Dad's calling. Gotta go. *turns into super saiyan and flies off stage*

Wingzero: Darn, there goes another one. Oh well.