Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Meeting My Yami ❯ Meet the Gang ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wingzero: *hyperventilating* Can't believe……Reviews……… So Many…… *faints*

Yugi: Miss Wingzero, are you okay?

Wingzero: *unconscious*

Yugi: Yami, what do we do?

Yami: *shrugs* We don't have gpa back in my days.

Seto: It's cpr, Yami.

Yami: Like I said cpr.

Seto: *rolls eyes* Right.

Ryou: *place's smelling salt under Wingzero's nose*

Yami Bakura: Why did you do that for?

Ryou: Be nice.

Wingzero: *straightens herself up* I agree and if you read the disclaimers, I'll give you this. *holds out a huge rubber hammer*

Yami Bakura: *smirks* Wingzero does not own Yu-Gi-Oh or any characters.

Wingzero: *gives Y. Bakura hammer*

Yami Bakura: *runs after Yami wielding rubber hammer* Come back here, Pharaoh. I have something for you.

Yami: *runs for his life* No thanks.

Yugi & Ryou: *shrugs*

Wingzero: Note to self, good workers are hard to find. Especially in anime. *sighs* Since you both did well, you both get ice cream.

Yugi & Ryou: Yay! ^_^

**************************************************************** ********

Trooping downstairs, I wondered what I would say to my friends. Hi, I have this alter ego, who only shows up when I'm in way over my head. Wait a second, that's just another excuse to call me midget. I got it, when I'm in deep trouble. Tea had already noticed there were two of me. The others were a different story. Joey might think I'm nuts. Tristan would agree with Joey. Ryou may be sympathetic with me as he possessed the millennium ring. Seto, I hoped he shows up. He hasn't many friends. I know what it was like to have no friends. Mokuba could hang out in the store with Grandpa. I'm sure he wouldn't mind the company.

"Hiya Yug," Joey greeted me as I walked into the shop.

The entire gang was there even Seto. I wondered how he made it with his busy schedule. "Hi guys."

Ryou and Seto were busy looking at the new shipment of cards that they didn't realized I had entered the room. Grandpa had laid them out in front of my friends. Tristan and Tea each greeted me. Mokuba kept pestering his brother with questions about the new cards.

"Hey, Yugi, I need some help with my math homework," Tristan admitted. He may not be the brightest, but at least he knows when to admit it.

"Sure, I'm finished with mine," I agreed. "Let's go up to my room."

"You're finished already?" Joey gasped. He stared at me for a few seconds dumbstruck.

"Yes, I'm finished," I said coolly. "What about you?"

"Eh heh," Joey said. "I haven't started."

"Typical," Tea muttered.

"What did you say?" Joey snapped.

"Nothing." Tea played innocent.

"Hey Kaiba, Yugi's here," Tristan announced to the billionaire.

Seto and Ryou both looked up from the counter. They acknowledged my presence. Handing over the cash, Seto bought some cards while Ryou bought a couple.

"One question: why are you here Kaiba?" Joey asked rather suspiciously.

"Because I needed to do my homework," Seto answered roughly. "Is that a crime?"

"Not at all," Joey surrendered. "I was just wondering cause you said you had work to do. That's all."

"I have a trusted employee looking over for today," Seto answered more gently this time. "It doesn't look right for me to hire someone to do my homework for me."

"That defeats the purpose," Grandpa agreed.

The entire gang marched upstairs to my bedroom. I had cleaned it up after I had finished my homework yesterday so all of us could fit inside it.

"Where shall we start first?" Tea asked us.

"How about math?" Tristan suggested and received several glares in response. "Just a thought."

"We have to finish it some time today or tomorrow," I tried to back Tristan up.

"Guess you're right," Joey said. "Math it is."

"I could use assistance," Ryou agreed as he took out his math books and notes.

The rest proceeded to take out notes, books, pencils, papers, calculators, and anything else we required for this subject.

//What is that?//

/?????/

//Those black box things.//

/Those are calculators, Yami./

//What is their purpose?//

/Calculations./

//In my days we used an abacus.//

/Times have changed./

//That's for certain. Your friends are calling you.//

/What?/

//You mean you don't see that hand waving in front of you?//

/Oops./

"Earth to Yugi, come in Yugi," Joey said waiving his hands frantically in front of my face.

"Sorry about that," I apologized.

"What has gotten into you?" Tea asked concern filled her face.

"Just lost in my thoughts," I assured her. I picked up my pile of homework from my desk. "No need to worry. It happens now and then."

"Are you sure you're okay, we can do this another time," Ryou asked. I know he was concerned about my health.

"I'm fine," I answered once again.

"Don't worry," Seto stepped in. "I have my family doctor on speed dial." Wow, Seto was being really nice. I wondered what has gotten into him. Perhaps, I was being nice to him even though he wasn't to me at first.

"I never knew you could be decent," Joey gasped. "You know, you should show this side more often."

"Ummmm, I'll take that as a complement," Seto said before turning his attention back to his book.

While the others were looking for questions to ask, I decided to organize myself. Literature notes go over there. Not to forget my book. My math homework should be in front of me with my book and notes along with scratch paper. Picking up my heavy , and I mean heavy, history book, I suddenly found myself face first on my math book.

A soft golden glow appeared right behind me. I felt strong arms lifting me up. "Thanks Yami." I answered.

"Aibou, are you hurt?" Yami asked.

Smiling and giving the victory sign, I replied, "I'm okay."

My friends just stared at us. They paused whatever they were doing to watch us. Perhaps I should introduce them.

"Hey guys, this is Yami," I said. "Yami, these are the guys."

"Hi Yami," Ryou managed to spit out. I guess living with that yami of his enabled him to respond.

"I knew it," Tea finally said. "There are two of you."

"You knew and you didn't tell us," Tristan said accusingly.

"Well, I had only clues so I couldn't say for sure," Tea answered. "Besides I was grasping straws."

"This explains a whole lot," Seto observed. I wondered what he was thinking about, but I really didn't care. He's entitled to his own opinions. "I noticed when we duel your voice goes deeper and you grow taller."

"Now that you mention it," Joey continued. "Your clothes change too."

"Remember the millennium ring?" Ryou added while fiddling with his millennium item.

"Who could forget?" I agreed.

"And I thought it was just a dream," Tristan said shaking his head in disbelief. "Was I really the cyber commander?"

"Yes you were," Yami answered. "Yugi was the dark magician, Joey the flame swordsman, Tea the magician of faith, and Ryou as the change of hearts card."

"When did this happen?" Seto asked utterly confused about this part of the conversation.

"We had just finished a duel when we joined Ryou," I started.

"Except it wasn't Ryou, it was his yami. He was trapped in the millennium ring. He is the stealer of souls. In order to gain Yugi's millennium puzzle, he trapped your souls in your favorite cards," Yami continued.

"What's a yami?" Tea asked.

"A yami is the darker half of a person, like two sides of a coin," I explained after hearing my yami explain it to me before. "You have the light side and the dark side."

"Like yin and yang," Joey smiled, making sense.

"Correct," I said. "Yami had to duel Yami Bakura to save our souls. If he won, Yami Bakura had to release our souls, but if he lost, he'd have to give up the millennium puzzle."

"Sounds like Pegasus has been taking lessons from this Yami Bakura," Seto Kaiba retorted.

Yami still held me in his arms protectively. I was his light. He was my darkness. "We should really be finishing our homework," Tea mentioned.

All of us heaved a sigh. Homework, the one thing we dreaded more than losing a duel. Well except when the lives of our loved ones were at stake. Then it was different.

"Aibou, if you need me just call," Yami said, then entered the puzzle.

"Who'd ever guess," Tristan said.

"I did," Tea said triumphantly.

"She's got you there," I giggled.

After two hours of explaining math homework, we finally reached literature. Tea was better in literature than me. So I asked her questions concerning the poems we had to read. One of my favorites was "The Road Not Taken", by Robert Frost. Moving along, we finished our history homework. It wasn't that bad.

Seto and Mokuba had to leave since Seto had to catch up on his office work. At least he came to our study session. I'm glad that he's trying to be friends with us, I think.

Later that day, Joey decided to stay the night. His dad was out of town for the weekend and Grandpa didn't seem to mind. Besides, I think he wanted to talk to Yami. Perhaps, he wanted to get some dueling tips.

While Joey was taking a bath, I decided to talk with Yami.

/They took it much better than I thought./

//After what they have been though I wouldn't be surprised especially after Yami Bakura tried to take our puzzle.//

/Yeah and they had noticed the changes./

//I'm surprised they didn't figure it out sooner or later.//

/Hey!/

//Sorry Aibou.//

/Thanks. I did notice your presence except I couldn't put my finger on it./

Yami laughed. //I knew you would eventually figure it out.//

/How?/

//You're a smart kid to have solved the puzzle.//

/Do you really mean it?/

//Of course I do. I wouldn't lie to you.//

/I'm guessing Joey wants your advice on dueling./

//That is a privilege for my aibou.// Yami smirked.

I laughed out loud at that. Poor Joey, he was probably looking forward to it. Then again, we all couldn't be the king of games, now could we?

**************************************************************** ********

Wingzero: As requested by my loving reviewers, I have posted another chapter. Unfortunately due to a disease called writer's block, I need to rest awhile.

Bit Cloud: What will happen when Joey spends the night? When will Yami Bakura ever show up? What will our heroes do with two yamis? How are the dark magician and celtic guardian involved in this? Stay tuned to find out. Where's my money?

Wingzero: *tosses a heavy sack of coins*

Bit Cloud: Umf. *is lying down with a heavy sack on top of him*

Blitz team owner: *comes in and sees the money* Great now we can buy those parts. *grabs the sack and runs away*

Bit Cloud: Hey that's my money!!!! I earned it!!!! *runs after the Bto* COME BACK HEEEERRRRRREEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Wingzero: *sighs*. Suggestions on how Joey spends the night at Yugi's house are welcomed. Also if I receive twenty or more good reviews, I will more than happily keep on posting.