Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Meeting My Yami ❯ Joey Stays the Night ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wingzero: Is everybody here?

Yugi: I don't know.

Yami: I'm here.

Yami Bakura: You don't count.

Ryou: Be nice.

Seto: No don't.

Joey: As if you could ever.

Tristan: Hey whatsup?

Tea: Wingzero's gonna write another chapter for her fic.

Mai: Am I in it?

Wingzero: Sorry no.

Mai: *pouts*

Wingzero: Too many characters.

Mokuba: Wingzero does not own Yu-Gi-Oh or of the characters.

Seto: ?????

Mokuba: She actually pays me to do it.

Wingzero: Yup, from now on you're my disclaimer announcer.

Mokuba: Yippie

**************************************************************** ********

"Alright," Joey said exiting the bathroom. "How bout a few pointers for me?"

"Sorry Joey," I said shuffling through my deck again. It has been a habit lately, but ever since I met Yami for the first time, I wondered what the duel monsters were like. I wish I could meet the dark magician, as he's my favorite.

He appeared to be hurt. "Why not Yug?"

"Yami said it was a special privilege for me," I answered finishing with my deck. "I can ask him again?"

"It's okay," Joey said collapsing onto my bed. "What are we going to do tonight?"

"I was going to ask you the same question," I said. To tell you the truth, I didn't know what I wanted to do. I guess I'm for anything. Since we have an odd number, that is if you counted Yami, we couldn't play some games. Otherwise we'd lack a person or one person has to sit out.

"Hmmmmm," Joey said crossing his hands. "Why not ask Yami to join us? We've seen him plenty of times. Well during duels that is. He doesn't really talk to us that much."

"Okay." I smiled. /Yami./

//Yes, Aibou?//

/Would you come out, please?/

//What do you need?//

/I just want to spend time with you./

Yami smiled mentally. //Coming.//

A warm golden glow shined from my millennium puzzle. Soon Yami was out of his soul room. He noticed Joey laying on the bed practically bored. We had finished our homework in the afternoon. By now we were just plain exhausted.

"How about we order pizza?" I suggested.

Upon hearing the word pizza, Joey practically shot up from my bed. "Did my little ears hear someone say pizza?"

Yami smiled at Joey's remark. "Yes. What is pizza?"

"How could you not know?" Joey asked. He thought pizza was the best thing since sliced bread. I should know. He said it whenever we had it.

"Pizza wasn't back in ancient Egypt," I informed the misguided teen.

"Oh," Joey said.

"Pizza is an Italian food," I explained this to my confused yami. "It's a circular piece of bread with a layer of tomato sauce and cheese with any topping you can think of. Well ones that are edible."

"Are you planning on making this?" Yami questioned my cooking skills.

"I'm not a bad cook," I remarked. "Pizzas are hard to make. We're going to order ours. What would you like on yours?"

"Pepperoni and sausage," Joey said smiling. "My favorite."

"How about you, Yami?"

"I don't eat," Yami said. Of course he would, he's a spirit.

"Whatever you say Yami, that means more for us, huh Yug," Joey said enthusiastically and bouncing up and down on my bed.

"Yes," I replied. I walked to where the phone book was in our kitchen. Yami followed behind me with Joey skipping along except on the stairs. Joey tried that once and fell flat on his face.

"What toppings do you want?" Joey asked while I flipped through the white pages for Papa Johns (I don't know if they have it in Japan, but it's my fav pizza place).

"Pineapple and mushroom," I said finally arriving on the letter p. Joey wasn't too picky about his food unlike a certain girl we all know. As long as it wasn't burned he didn't care, but it must be edible. Now that I think about it, we all wouldn't eat the food that Tristan's survival guide suggested.

"Sounds fine with me," Joey said "And make it a large, no extra large. I'm feeling hungry tonight." Looking at him, I wondered why he wasn't fat with as much as he's eaten. Then again, he burns off most of the calories.

Finding the store closest to us, I dialed the number on our cordless phone. "Hello Papa Johns, how may I help you?"

"I would like an extra large pizza with pepperoni, sausage, pineapple, and mushroom," I ordered.

"Would you like anything else?" I looked at Joey, who just shook his head.

"No thanks," I answered.

"Who is ordering this?"

"Yugi."

"What is your address?"

"3550 Chibi Ave.," I said.

"That will be eighteen dollars," the sales person said. "It will be there in half an hour. Have a good evening."

"Thanks," I said before hanging up the phone.

"When's it coming?" Joey asked impatiently. I could easily tell he was very hungry, not to mention a certain growl coming from a certain person's stomach. Since Yami doesn't eat, that left only one person.

"It will be ready in half an hour," I said placing the phone book away.

"I can't wait that long," Joey grumbled while plopping down in a nearby chair. "I'm gonna starve to death before they come."

"I doubt you'd die," Yami said. His face showing no expression.

"What do you want to do until then?" I asked the two of them.

"How about duel," Joey suggested.

"Let's try something else," I disagreed. Yami hasn't been out in this world for a long time. When he is, all he does is duel. "Maybe Yami would like to try some of our modern entertainment."

"Like what?" Joey asked. He was disappointed that we weren't going to duel and the fact that Yami declined tutoring him.

"Video games," I said at random.

"What are `video games,'" Yami questioned. He looked at me for an answer.

"Come on we have to show you," I chirped. "Besides I want to see if you're really the king of games."

Smiling, Yami followed me up the stairs with Joey behind him still mumbling about something to eat. Sitting him down, I turned on my play station two console. I thought Yami hit his head when he jumped. As soon as I turned on my tv, he jumped at the sight of people inside the box. I thought he was used to this seeing as he has used the holographic duel machines.

"Somebody needs to switch to decaf," Joey teased Yami.

Yami made no comment. He picked up one of the controllers. I showed him which buttons did what. Depending on the game, the functions were different.

"Which one should we play first," I asked Yami.

"I don't know, Aibou, you pick one."

"How bout this," Joey suggested holding up one of my games. It was Mortal Kombat.

"How do you play that?" Yami asked looking at the cover.

"You pick two characters and fight each other or you can fight the computer," I answered. "It's really fun."

"Who's playing who?" Joey wondered. There were two controllers, but three of us.

"You and Yami," I said. "I can play with Yami any time."

"That sounds fair," Joey said picking up player one controller.

"What about you?" Yami asked me. I guess he didn't want me to feel left out.

"I'll play the winner," I assured him. Besides, we can play this any time. Well that is when I'm finished with my homework. I can't stand it.

They chose the best out of three rounds. Yami, even though he fumbled with the controller, won every single round. Joey thought he practiced, but in reality, this was Yami's first time.

Next was Yami versus me. I had managed to keep up with him. He had a knack when it comes to games and I had experience as it is my game. In the end, we tied. I don't know how, but we did.

Joey was selecting his character when the pizza deliverer showed up on our doorsteps and rang the doorbell. He ran to where them money was, picked it up, and made a mad dash to the front door.

"I've never seen Joey run that fast before, not even during pe," I watched stunned.

Both Yami and I raced downstairs. Yami won, of course. Besides, he has longer legs than me and he is the king of games. Smelling the food, I realized that I was also very hungry. By the time we reached the kitchen, Joey had pulled out two plates and cups with ice in them. He was deciding which soda he wanted to drink. My favorite was root beer.

"About time you got here," Joey said after picking an orange soda.

"You ran faster than you did in school today," I teased him.

"I'm a growing boy, so sue me," Joey said between bites.

After getting my soda, I joined them at the table. "What do you want to do after this?"

Both of them shrugged their shoulders. "Whatever you want to do is fine with me." Yami assured me. He just wanted to spend time with his aibou.

"How about we tell ghost stories," Joey said.

"Don't you think we're a little old for that?" I said trying not to sound scared. I remembered the last time we told ghost stories. For the next week, I had nightmares. Every night, I woke in a cold sweat, but I didn't have Yami.

"What is the purpose to telling ghost stories?" Yami questioned Joey's sanity.

"It's to scare people," Joey answered, then took a drink of his soda.

Yami sighed and drank his soda. "You didn't have to tell ghost stories in my time. All you had to do was look outside." I had managed to convince Yami to try root beer.

"What do you mean by that?"

"They had a game called the Shadow Games," I answered instead of Yami, knowing that this wasn't an easy topic to bring up. "The duel monsters weren't always cards."

"Say what?" Joey nearly choked on his pizza.

"They were real." Yami picked up where I left off. "People dueled in the streets, alleys, or anywhere that had enough room. I had to seal the game before anyone else was killed."

"You mean people were killed?" Joey gasped. This time he didn't have food in his mouth so he didn't choke.

"Yes," Yami sighed.

"How did you seal the games?" Joey asked not knowing the consequences.

"I….."

"Yami doesn't feel comfortable telling it." I backed him up.

"No problem, I know when not to pry into other people's business," Joey assured my yami. "That would just be plain rude."

"Thanks," Yami said. I knew what it was like to have my share of secrets.

Later that night, we as cheesy as it sounds told ghost stories. Yami went first. He told us how a pharaoh met his duel monsters. One of his loyal magicians, thought to be, locked him in the shadow realm. He had to face several monsters, but fortunately, his duel monsters were very loyal to him. When the pharaoh used them in duels, he was cautious and tried not to get them kill, though it just meant going back to the shadow realm. It was the thought that counted. Both Joey and I knew that he was referring to himself.

"So does that forest actually exist?" I asked Yami. He could be making up some parts.

"Yes it does," Yami answered.

"Creepy," Joey said nervously. "I wouldn't want to go there, and I hope I never will."

"I pray it never happens," Yami shuddered.

/Yami, you really went there./

//Yes, Aibou. Trust me avoid it at all cost.//

/Wow. It's that bad./

//Correct.//

"Hey guys don't creep me out," Joey said scared out of his mind.

"Sorry, we were just talking," I assured Joey.

"Huh?"

"Yugi and I have a special connection that allows us to communicate with each other," Yami explained our bond to the confused, scared blond. "I can talk to my aibou mentally and vice versa."

"Cool, hey was that what you were doing during our study session?" Joey recalled that incident when I had spaced out.

"Yes."

"Good I thought you were coming down with something," Joey said in relief.

A yawn escaped through my lips. "You should go to bed," Yami instructed me.

"Sure," I said leaning against him. The next I knew, I was out like a light.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

my dream

Standing there at the edge of the forest, I heard eerie sounds. Perhaps this was the forest, Yami warned me about. I turned to walk away when I saw Yami Bakura standing there with his millennium ring.

"Hello little Yugi," he drawled. "I want your millennium puzzle now." He lunged at me, but predicting he would, I stepped out of his way and clutched the item to my chest.

"Stand still," Yami Bakura snarled. "I will have it no matter what it takes."

"No you won't," I disagreed. If I didn't have it, I wouldn't have Yami. We were just getting to be best friends.

"Yes I will." He swung his arm and knocked me onto my pack. Poised over me, he grabbed my collar ready to pound me into pulp.

I closed my eyes knowing what would happen when all of a sudden……………….

**************************************************************** *******

Wingzero: Don't you just love cliff hangers. I know I do. Just kidding.

Mai: What happens to our little hero? Now that Yami Bakura has made an appearance, well sort of, what is this psychotic yami up to? How will Ryou adjust to an abusive yami? What will Yami Yugi do about it? Stay tuned to find out. Finally a part.

Yugi: So what happens to me?

Wingzero: You'll have to wait and see.

Yami: How could you do this to my aibou?

Wingzero: Calm down. It's just a dream sequence.

Yugi: It seems real to me.

Wingzero: -.-`