Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Meeting My Yami ❯ Calin and Mirai ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wingzero: And now we get to find out what happens to our little Yugi.

Yami Bakura: Do I get to kill him and take his millennium item?

Yami: How dare you!!!!! *runs after Y. Bakura wielding his frying pan again*

Yami Bakura: *runs for his life*

Yugi: I wonder when they will stop that. *watches Y. Bakura run past them*

Ryou: I don't know.

Joey: Ten dollars says a hundred years.

Tristan: I call ninety five years.

Tea: Put me in for twenty one years.

Mai: Seven nine years.

Seto: One thousand.

Yugi & Ryou: *sweatdrop*

Mokuba: Wingzero does not own Yu-Gi-Oh or any of the characters. ; )

**************************************************************** ********

I closed my eyes knowing what would happen when all of a sudden………………. I felt the ground rushing toward me. Fortunately the ground broke my fall.

A loud crash echoed throughout the surrounding area followed by scuffling. I slowly opened my eyes to find ……….. Celtic Guardian battling Yami Bakura. He swung his head in an arc nearly decapitating the yami but gave him a trim. My mouth fell to the ground. My duel monster was defending me. I thought it would be Yami who saved me, but this was a complete surprise, not that I didn't mind.

Panting Yami Bakura backed off the sword wielding duel monster. "You may have won this round, Celtic Guardian, but I will back and when I do you will not be as lucky." He fled the scene before the elf could react.

Celtic Guardian made his way to me. I looked up at his concerned face. "Are you hurt, Master Yugi?" He knelt down to inspect me.

"I'm fine," I assured him. Other than a small bruise from falling, I had no injuries. Helping me up, he kept an eye out for Yami Bakura.

"How did I get here?" I finally asked after regaining my composure.

"We should choose another location to talk," Celtic Guardian said eyeing the forest. "The Forbidden Forest should not be taken lightly. There are creatures you don't want to face."

"One question before we leave," I said wanting to know how he arrived in time.

"Yes, Master Yugi," Celtic Guardian answered.

"How did you know I was in trouble?"

"Honestly I don't know," he sighed. "I normally go past the Forbidden Forest on my patrol, though I don't go in it. When I was doing my routine patrol, I saw Yami Bakura knock you down. I couldn't stand by and do nothing."

"Thank you," I said gratefully.

"T'was nothing master," the elf said before returning his sword back to his scabbard. He gestured to a certain direction. I think he wanted me to go there.

Together we walked without saying a word. I was too busy taking in the sights. A meadow surrounded the Forbidden Forest. The lush grass swayed in the wind. There wasn't any hint of dried leaves. It must be flourishing. As the wind blew through the meadow, the grass reminded me of an ocean and its waves. So peace and tranquil, I didn't wan it to end.

We walked for an hour or two. I looked around this small village. A few houses stood out among this cluster. "We're here."

"Where are we?" I asked curious about who lived here.

"We're at my home town," Celtic Guardian said. He pointed to a large house standing away from the crowd. "I live there with Dark Magician."

"Wow," I managed to speak.

"Your other duel monsters live here," Celtic guardian explained. As he pointed to each house, he told me who lived there. I was surprised that Blue Eyes White Dragon and Exodia were still here. "Over there is Gaia. Mystic Elf. Summoned Skull. Curse of dragon lives with Blue Eyes White Dragon."

"Celtic Guardian."

"Yes master?"

"I was wondering if I could meet Dark Magician," I answered sheepishly.

"Ah, yes, I wondered when you'd ask," Celtic Guardian stated. He looked on my confused expression. "We all know he's your favorite."

"It doesn't bother you?" I asked regretting that I made him my favorite card.

"We don't mind," the elf admitted. "It just means we don't have to battle as much as he does. You should see him after some battles. I mean phew. He has to take a bath after every battle."

I laughed out loud at that remark. My duel monsters didn't hold a grudge against me.

"Now let's see if that stick in the mud is still at home studying," Celtic Guardian laughed. He led the way to their house with me a step behind him.

Inside their house, the living area wasn't cluttered. Chairs and a sofa were scattered throughout the room. I looked around for any modern inventions, except they didn't have any. They don't even have electricity. I wondered how did they managed without it. I couldn't. Must be magic then.

"I'm hoooooooommmmeeeeeeeee," Celtic Guardian announced to an empty looking house. He must have heard something. Elves have sharper hearing than humans.

"Seriously, Celtic Guardian, can't you see I'm trying to study here," an irritated Dark Magician appeared in the doorway.

Standing behind one of my duel monsters, I was nervous about meeting him. "We have a guest," Celtic guardian retorted. Stepping aside, he introduced me. "Our Master Yugi."

Dark Magician stood there dumbfounded. His mouth was literally on the floor. "How did you……" His voice trailed off.

"I have no clue," I admitted. In fact, I don't know how I arrived here in the first place. "All I remembered was going to sleep. Then I found myself near this strange forest. Celtic Guardian called it the forbidden forest." Dark Magician's expression changed from shocked to worried when he heard this. "Yami Bakura attacked me when Celtic Guardian interfered." I saw the elf smile at my remark.

"How many times do I have to tell you not to go near the Forbidden Forest," Dark Magician snapped at Celtic Guardian, who threw up his hands in defeat.

"If he hadn't been there, I would have been beaten up," I said trying to back the elf up. After all, he did save my life.

"That's right," he agreed.

Sighing, Dark Magician shook his head in disbelief. "We must find a way to send you home, Master Yugi."

Nodding, I went along with it. I wanted to go back home. My duel monsters showed me the way to Dark Magician's study room. His room was filled with scrolls. Across from the door, a desk littered with papers stood. To the left of the doorway, shelves held several scrolls and books. On the opposite side, stood a couple book cases with several different magical items.

"Let's see here," Dark Magician said to himself. He picked up a red book only to put it back down. Then he spied an old black book in the corner. He picked it up and began reading it.

Turning to my other duel monster, I started a conversation. "What do you do in your spare time?"

"Train, read, go on patrols, hang out with my friends, and pester Dark Magician," Celtic Guardian smiled.

"I heard that," Dark Magician said not taking his eyes away from his book.

Laughing, the elf told me that he constantly teased the poor magician. It made life interesting. "I suppose you duel."

I nodded my head in agreement. Now that I think about it, they need names. I mean they had the same name as the other duel monster. "How would you like a name?"

The elf's expression brightened a great deal. "A name? Do you mean it?"

"Yeah," I said.

Celtic Guardian appeared to be extremely happy. "The other duel monsters don't have names. Whenever we go to nearby villages, it sometimes get confusing. Their masters never visit them. I can't believe we're going to get names."

"How about you Dark Magician?" I asked the purple clad figure reading the book.

"If it pleases you, master," Dark Magician said.

Pausing to think, I wondered what to name them. I hadn't really thought of it. Then it hit me. "Celtic Guardian, what do you think of Calin? I read it in this book. He was the elven crown prince."

"That's great," Calin smiled very happily.

"Now for you Dark Magician," I said. He didn't even bother responding. "Mirai."

"Mirai sounds good, doesn't it, Mirai," Calin teased the magician.

"Yes, master," Mirai said. He flipped a few pages.

"Don't mind him," Calin assured me. "It's his charming personality. He cares about you deeply. He doesn't show it."

"Mirai," I said moving closer to him. "I don't mind staying here for awhile." Although I wanted to go home, I also wanted to get to know him. "Besides I would like to get to know you and Calin better. Who knows if I can duplicate this."

Looking from his book, his expression softened. "I understand master." With a flick of his wrist, he closed the book and placed it back on the shelf.

For an indeterminate amount of time, we spent talking around the table. I found out they did not eat like my yami; however, they did drink liquids. Whenever they weren't in a duel, they spent time with each other doing stuff.

All of a sudden I found myself back in my soul room. Yami was leaning over me holding me in a protective embrace. I peered up to see him crying. Yami was actually crying? Now I must be dreaming. He didn't notice me open my eyes. I stirred to move into a better position.

Feeling me move, Yami looked down at me and held me closer. "Aibou, I was really worried about you."

Silence ensued. "Yami, what happened?"

Composing himself, Yami managed to speak. "I heard you thrashing in your soul room. When I went to check on you, you were muttering strange things in your sleep. I didn't want you to hurt yourself, so I held onto you. You calmed down once I held you. It has been three hours. What happened to you?"

Three hours, it felt longer. I didn't know whether I should tell Yami about what happen. In the condition he's in, I shouldn't tell him until he calmed down. "Yami, I feel tired."

I told him the truth.

"Okay Aibou," he said. He knew that I needed some time before I told him. Tucking me in my bed, he smiled knowing that I was safe for the time being.

The next morning, Joey woke up earlier than Yami and myself. Waking up, I looked around. Joey and Yami were playing my play station two with the volume down low. Joey, frustrated at losing every single time, was so deep into the game. He hardly noticed I was awake.

"Good morning, Aibou," Yami greeted me. "How do you feel this morning?"

"I feel great," I lied a little.

"Morning Yug," Joey said after losing for I don't know how many times. "Not again."

My stomach decided to make itself known. "Breakfast is on the table." Yami said getting up to be with me.

"I gotta head home," Joey said placing away the controllers. "I hope you're alright. Yami told me about last night. That's why I stayed."

"Thanks Joey," I said grateful.

Once Joey left, I began eating my breakfast. Grandpa woke up early. The store wasn't open, but he promised a friend he would help him.

I wondered if I should tell Yami. He has been there before. Has he met Calin and Mirai or any of the other duel monster in my deck. Does he know that Exodia or Blue Eyes White Dragon still exist? Would he be mad at me if I told him or would he be worried? I don't know what his reaction will be, but there was only one way to find out. Taking a deep breath, I got ready to take the plunge.

"Yami," I spoke up for the first time since Joey left.

"Yes Aibou," Yami said listening very carefully.

"Last night, I was at the edge of the Forbidden Forest." Shock spread through his face. "Yami Bakura tried to steal my millennium puzzle again except Calin saved me."

"Who's Calin?" Yami asked.

"Celtic Guardian," I replied continuing my story. "He took me to his house. Did you know he lived with Mirai?"

"Mirai?"

"Dark Magician. Oh yeah, Exodia and Blue Eyes White Dragon live there too."

"You gave them names. What else?"

"Well, when I was in their house, I talked to them. Mirai tried to find a spell to send me back home, but he couldn't. Then all of a sudden, I was transported back to my soul room. You know the rest."

"I see," Yami said. He stood up and started pacing.

"What's the matter?"

"It is strange that you were transported to the Shadow Realm unintentionally and the Celtic Guardian just happening to arrive in time to save you."

Standing up abruptly, I dropped my fork with a loud clatter. "Yami Bakura has escaped the Shadow Realm!" I practically yelled.

Whirling to face me, Yami asked me. "Are you sure?"

"Yes," I said. "I saw him leave through a portal after his fight with Calin."

"This is not good," Yami stated the obvious. "We must go to Ryou's house and warn him. Yami Bakura will most likely go there."

"Most likely he is already there," I said finishing the rest of my meal.

I quickly ran back to my room and changed my outfit. If what I saw was true, then Ryou was in for a load of trouble. Yami had already placed away my dishes and other breakfast items. He headed towards the door as I followed him.

Once outside, I retook the lead seeing as I know the directions. When we reached his house, we heard a couple crashing sounds followed by yelling. I looked at my yami too see what his reactions were.

"We're too late," Yami said making his way to the door. Banging on the door, Yami could have knocked it down.

A battered Ryou stood at the door. Above his left eyebrow, a small cut bled. His arms were covered with bruises and scratches. He had a black right eye. "You came at a bad time." Ryou said bluntly. In the background, we heard cursing in Egyptian.

"We're coming in," Yami ordered.

Blocking the way, Ryou didn't want us to come in. "Please, leave this to me."

"No," Yami stated. "You're hurt." He brushed Ryou aside as he entered the house.

Ryou and I followed behind him. Actually I helped Ryou walk back into his room. On the way there, we heard two voices yelling at each other in Egyptian. I hope my yami wasn't killed or seriously hurt. Due to Ryou's injury, we took longer.

Inside his room, we watched at the pair of yamis fighting. They were throwing verbal assaults at each other. At least it was better than them beating each other in a bloody pulp. Please don't hurt each other.

"Get back here slave," Yami Bakura commanded.

Ryou tried to go to his yami except he was too weak to walk. Leaning against me, all he could do was watch.

"I said get back here," Yami Bakura growled. "Don't make me repeat myself."

"You haven't changed a bit," Yami growled back at Yami Bakura. "Then again you never will. This time I'll send you where you can't hurt anyone. Back to the Shadow Realm and into the Forbidden Forest." The sennen eye glowed on his forehead and pyramid preparing to send the unfortunate soul back to the Shadow Realm.

Suddenly………………..

**************************************************************** ********

Wingzero: More cliff hangers. I know you love them.

Yami Bakura: Please don't hurt me. *hides behind Wingzero*

Yami: Come out here and fight like a man. *waves frying pan threateningly*

Wingzero: The insanity. And Yami if you hit me or Yugi…….. let's just say you don't what to know.

Yami: O.O

Yami Bakura: You won't let him hurt me, would you?

Wingzero: I guess you've been hurt enough times. Yami, you can't hit Yami Bakura.

Yami: Awwwwww. You take the fun out of life. (Amos Trasks quote from the Riftwar saga)

Yami Bakura: Yay. *huggles Wingzero tightly*

Wingzero: Can't…….breathe…….need…….oxygen…& #8230;..

Yami Bakura: *releases Wingzero and dances around*

Yami: *mutters something in Egyptian*

Wingzero: That curse won't work.

Yami: O.O

Mai: What will happen to our favorite nutcase? How does Calin and Mirai fit into this? How are Exodia and BEWD still alive? Most importantly, how will our gang survive? Stay tuned to find out.

Goku: *looks around* Where's the buffet?

Gohan: Father, this is a Yu-Gi-Oh fan fic not the restaurant.

Goten: I'm hungry.

Gohan: We'll find it soon. Excuse me miss.

Wingzero: Yes.

Goku: Where's the buffet?

Wingzero: From here turn left. Keep heading straight until you hit the Cardcaptor Sakura fic. Then turn right. Wait until you see the Gundam Wing fic. Make a left. Go down a couple fics. You can't miss it. It's just past the Zoids fic. If you see Digimon fics, you've gone too far.

Goku: Thank you.

Goten: Let's go. *transforms into super saiyan*

Goku & Gohan: *transform into super saiyan*

Goku, Gohan, & Goten: *fly off*

Wingzero: Kinda reminds me of Joey.

Joey: Very muscular and handsome.

Wingzero: Nope. Bottomless pits.

Joey: *falls anime style*

Everyone else: *massive sweatdrops*