Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Meeting My Yami ❯ Yami Bakura ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wingzero: Yet another chapter of this fic. I wonder if anyone is reading it.

Seto: I need more parts.

Yami: I like it just the way it is.

Seto: That's because you're Yugi's other half.

Yami: And?

Seto: Nevermind.

Mai: At least you are in a couple chapters, I'm just in the introduction and end credits. All I do is announce the next chapter.

Wingzero: If you behave, I'll stick you somewhere in my fic.

Mai: Okay. -___-

Wingzero: Now that that's taken care of. The disclaimers.

Mokuba: *rushes onto the set out of breath* Just…….let….. me……catch…….my…..breath. *nearly collapses*

Wingzero: Okay.

Mokuba: *composes himself* Wingzero does not own Yu-Gi-Oh or any of the characters.

**************************************************************** *******

Suddenly…………….. "Yami wait!." I yelled across the room.

Yami stops and looks at me confused. "Why?"

Propping up Ryou, I explained. "I know he tried to steal our souls and beats up Ryou, but not even he deserves to be sent to the Forbidden Forest in the Shadow Realm." I've been there. Trust me you wouldn't wish it upon your worst enemy. "No one deserves that."

Yami Bakura stepped back in surprise. "I don't understand."

I shook my head. "In the past, I was a target for bullies. Every day they would beat me up just for the fun of it. Then I realized deep down they were hurting. The only way they could express themselves was to beat up other people smaller than themselves."

Yami stared at me. He couldn't believe what I just said. "If it means that much to you, I will spare his life."

Meanwhile Yami Bakura's knees buckled. He soon was kneeling on the ground. I think no one has ever stood up for him before now. "Why?"

"Deep down I know you're hurting," I answered. "And I know from experience, everyone deserves a second chance, even you."

Yami Bakura was speechless. No words came to his mouth, but he nodded showing that he understood.

Bending down, I wished I could help Ryou. Placing my hand over his wound, I removed the broken glass that was stuck in his flesh. He winced in pain when I pulled it out, but then my sennen eye started glowing and also my hand. I placed it again over his wound. To our surprise, his wounds started healing. Soon, there wasn't a single scratch on him.

"What just happened?" Ryou asked his eyes very wide.

"I just healed you," I answered. Turning my attention to Yami Bakura, who was also surprised, I felt sad for him. "I wish I could heal your pain, but I can only heal physical wounds. I'm sorry."

Shaking his head, Yami Bakura said, "No I should be the one who's sorry. I tried to take your millennium puzzle by force, but you saved my life. You didn't have to, but you did. I don't know what to do."

Looking down at Ryou, I knew what he needed to do. "Please don't beat Ryou. If you need someone to talk to, you can call me any time."

"Really?" Yami Bakura asked in disbelief.

"Yes," I answered before spilling my heart out. "A long time ago, I had no friends. Other children picked on me because of my size. I know what it is like to be alone and hurting, when it seems no one in the world cares if you live or die." I clenched my fist as I said that. Tears slowly dripped down my face.

My yami stood there reeling in shock. "Aibou, you never told me about this."

I sighed. This wasn't going to be easy. "There are some things I would rather forget."

"I understand," Yami said before turning to Yami Bakura.

"You're lucky that my aibou is very forgiving," Yami said.

"Yes, I am."

Ryou had collapsed on the ground, not from his wounds, but from shock. Yami Bakura came to his aibou's side. Kneeling down, he stared into Ryou's chocolate brown eyes. "I'm sorry. Please forgive me."

Releasing his grip from me, Ryou hugged his yami. Tears streamed down his cheeks as he whispered, "Yami, even though you abused me I have and will always love you. Of course I'll forgive you."

Who would ever thought this would happen. //We should leave them alone.//

/Yes./ I totally agreed. Silently we departed the room.

Later, Yami and I stood in my bedroom. My life changed in less than three days. First of all, I met my yami for the first time. Then I accidentally traveled to the Shadow Realm, where I met Celtic Guardian and Dark Magician. I found out Exodia and Blue Eyes White Dragon still lived. Then Ryou's yami showed up to create havoc. After a brief confrontation, Yami Bakura changed.

"This weekend has been hectic," I said plopping down on my bed.

"It sure has," Yami agreed joining me on my bed. Sitting next to me, he stared across the room.

"What do you think will happen to Ryou?" I asked out of nowhere.

"Hopefully Yami Bakura won't beat up on him," Yami said.

"Yami?"

"Yes, Aibou."

"How did I heal Ryou?"

"Honestly, I don't know," Yami answered.

Quickly I sat up straight. "I never have had these kinds of powers before. When Joey was hurt, I couldn't do anything."

"Maybe it has something to do with our connection," Yami said before an idea sparked in that head of his. "That's it. When we became one, you gained my powers. My powers are based on darkness, while yours is on light."

"What else can I do?" I asked thinking about the possibilities.

"I don't know," Yami admitted. "I've never encountered it before."

The phone rang. I answered it. "Hello, Mutou residence."

"Hello," the voice on the phone greeted.

"How may I help you?" I asked recognizing the voice as Yami Bakura's.

"I wanted to talk," he said. "Is that pharaoh nearby?"

"Yes he is, why?" I asked. My eyes lingered towards the sight of my yami.

"I don't want him to hear."

"Sure," I said. Using my mental link, I asked Yami if he would leave the room. He wondered why I had asked. I told him Yami Bakura wanted to talk to me in private. As he couldn't hurt me from a long distance, Yami exited the room without protesting.

"Yami's out of the room," I informed Yami Bakura.

"Thanks."

"So why did you call?" I said hoping to start a conversation.

"I almost did it," sorrow echoed in his voice.

Waiting for a long time, I spoke up. "You did what?"

"I almost hit him," he said painfully. "An hour after you left, we decided to go to the mall. A store was holding a dueling contest. Ryou wanted to enter. I allowed him. He won seven games in a row. This one kid was going to beat him up when I interfered. Ryou was totally helpless against the bully. We left after that incident. My anger exploded and I barely caught myself before I started to hit my light."

Listening to every word, I felt sorry for him. I may not know his past, but it seems he thinks violence is the solution. "How is Ryou?"

"He's holding up."

"And what about you?" I asked concerned about him.

"I don't know." A long pause followed. "My first reaction was to hit him. Then I remembered this morning, how forgiving he was. I couldn't do it. Part of me wants to get it done and over with, another part wants to hold back."

"I know this may seem intrusive, but were you taught this way?"

The voice on the other end sighed. "Yes. My punishment for disobedience was a beating. Even if I didn't do anything, I would still be whipped."

"It's hard to learn something new," I assured him. "When you feel angry at Ryou, think about the time you went through it and remember how it felt."

"I think I'll do that."

"Is there anything else you want to talk about?"

"No," Yami Bakura answered. "And thank you."

"Feel free to call anytime, though I don't think Yami would be too happy about being woken up at night," I said.

Laughter erupted from Yami Bakura. "I haven't laughed for a long time. It feels good."

"Don't worry about Yami," I said. "I'll do something about him."

"Goodbye."

"Goodbye."

I hung up the phone after we finished our conversation. Yami Bakura had taken a giant step. This morning he was pounding his light. This afternoon, he asked for help. I was happy for them both.

//Aibou, are you finished?//

/Yes Yami./

Yami appeared in my room again. "What did he talk to you about?"

"I don't think I should tell," I said reclining on my bed.

Yami raised an eyebrow.

"Trust me on this. Yami Bakura is trying to change."

Sitting down beside me, we both sat in silence. Well, actually we were completely bored out of our minds.

Absently I pulled out our deck and shuffled through them.

"You're beginning to make that a habit," Yami teased me.

I playfully shoved him. "And all you do is duel."

"Not necessarily," he smirked.

Going through my cards, I found Calin's and Mirai's cards. I was surprised they were together considering I shuffled my deck. Guess they really are best friends.

Out of the blue, both cards began to glow, and then……………..

**************************************************************** ********

Wingzero: This one is dedicated to all you Yami Bakura fans out there.

Ryou: *sniffles* My yami is actually nice to me.

Yami: ???????

Wingzero: Yami, be nice or suffer the consequences.

Yami: O.o

Yami Bakura: Thank you. Why does everyone make me out to be mean? *sniffles*

Wingzero & Ryou: *comforts Yami Bakura*

Yugi: *joins in*

Yami: O.O Aibou???????

Yugi: Sorry. *runs over to Yami and hugs him*

Yami: *smiles*

Yami Bakura: I feel so loved.

Mai: Yeah, whatever. Has Yami Bakura changed? Why are Calin's and Mirai's cards glowing? Does this mean certain doom? Where are all of Yugi's friends? Stay tuned to find out.