Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Meeting My Yami ❯ Duel Monster ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yugi: Has anyone seen Wingzero?

Yami: I haven't.

Seto: I hope not.

Ryou: Can't you be nice for once?

Seto: *thinks* No, albino freak.

Ryou: *starts crying*

Yami Bakura: HOW DARE YOU MAKE MY AIBOU CRY!!!!!!!! *pulls out a humungous flame sword and chases Seto*

Seto: AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Win gzero: I'm back.

Joey: Where were you?

Wingzero: Checking my e-mail and reviews.

Yugi: Seto made Ryou cry and Yami Bakura is going to kill Seto.

Yami: GO BAKURA!!!! *cheers on Yami Bakura*

Wingzero: The insanity.

Yami: ON SECOND THOUGHT LET ME HELP YOU!!!!!! *runs after Seto with a colossal hammer*

Mokuba: Wingzero does not own Yu-Gi-Oh. Should I help big brother?

Everyone else: Naw.

/something/ hikari to yami

//something// yami to hikari

///something/// any duel monster to masters (doesn't include Mirai or Calin)

[something] Dark Magician aka Mirai to Yugi/Yami

{something} Celtic Guardian aka Calin to Yugi/Yami

******************************************************** ****************

Out of the blue, both cards began to glow, and then....... two figures emerged.

"Where are we?" the purple clad magician asked his companion.

"I have no idea," the elf said trying to look around the room. Unfortunately he couldn't see with the blinding light. As soon as the light died down, they spotted me and my yami.

"Master Yugi and Master Yami," Calin greeted us.

"Hi Calin and Mirai," I returned. "What happened?"

"I don't know," Mirai answered me still trying to figure out the answer.

"That's what I'd like to know," Yami said from where he was sitting. "Perhaps our answers lie with you, Aibou."

"What do you mean?" I asked Yami. It couldn't be me, could it?

"This morning you healed Ryou, now two of our duel monsters appear," Yami recapped today's events. "Back in my day, we summoned our duel monsters in order to fight. I think you may have accidentally summoned them."

"Sounds logical," Mirai said tossing a few ideas in his head.

"What do we do?" I asked the group. "We can't hide them forever."

"We can always go back to the Shadow Realm," Mirai stated. "It has been open for some time now."

"True," Yami said remembering how we first met. "Stand over there."

Looking at both of them, I didn't want them to go back. I wanted them to stay with me. Yes, it was selfish, but I enjoyed their company. Also I would like to hang out with them. Besides I don't even know how to summon them. It was a fluke that I managed to do.

The two duel monsters obeyed his command. Using his powers, he prepared to send the duo back to their home. His third eye glowed as he used his magic. The monsters faded into the air, then reappeared.

"That should have worked," Yami growled.

"Something is holding us back," Mirai explained. "We can't go back unless we can find out who's blocking your spell."

"I think I know," Yami said looking at me. "You don't want them to leave, do you?"

Yami knew me too well. "Yes," I confessed. "I wanted you to stay with us." Lowering my head, I felt ashamed and guilty.

Sensing my emotions, Yami held me in a comforting embrace. "You have a big heart. I hope you know that."

My head ascended to meet their eyes. "You're not mad at me?"

"Of course not master," Calin assured me. "We're honored you chose us."

"For once I agree with Celtic, I mean Calin," Mirai agreed. He lowered his staff.

Facing his best friend, Calin snapped. "What does that mean?"

"It means you don't have good ideas," Mirai retorted.

"I'd like you to come up with some," Calin answered back.

"Remember the well and the trip to..." Mirai started to list things.

"You're impossible," Calin said exasperated.

I found that I could not hold back my laughter. They were fighting like husband and wife. I don't know who played what role, but it sure was funny.

The fighting duel monster looked at me with surprised expressions. An amused Yami still held onto me, though it looked like he was going to crack.

"What's so funny?" Calin asked me.

"You're fighting like a married couple," I managed to say before I started laughing controllably. Yami sat there quietly the entire time, but I saw him smile.

"That's not funny," Calin whined.

"Yes, it is," Yami said trying to hold onto me.

Finally I calmed down enough to talk. "Would you please stay here?"

"Yes, Master Yugi," Mirai spoke up.

"I wouldn't mind either," Calin said. The elf cocked his head to one side as to listen for some noise. "Someone's here."

"Yugi and Yami, please come and help me with the groceries," Grandpa's voice sailed through the air.

"Coming," I answered back. "You two stay here. Yami and I will have to sort things out."

Both Yami and I headed downstairs to the garage. Grandpa returned from the grocery store and was already unloading the car.

/Should we tell him?/

//We should wait until dinner.//

/Good idea./

{You're going to reveal us to him?}

/The voice sounds familiar./

{Of course, you named me.}

/Calin!/

{The one and only.}

[Let them get back to their work.]

{You're such a stick in the mud.}

[I trust their judgment.]

"Yugi," Grandpa's voice brought me back to reality.

"Yes, Grandpa," I answered cheerfully.

He placed a couple of the lighter bags in my hands. Yami had two heavy bags and was waiting for me. We both headed towards the kitchen when the phone rang again.

As we were both carrying bags, neither one of us could answer it. I sighed and placed down my burdens. Picking up the phone I answered, "Hello."

"Hello Yug," the familiar voice greeted.

"Hey Joey, what's up?" I asked wanting to get ready for dinner.

"Did anything strange happen to you?"

"Like what?" I asked not knowing where this conversation was heading.

"Like cards coming to life," Joey said with worry in his voice.

"Oh that," I said with great relief.

"You mean it happen to you too?" He sounded surprised.

"Yeah, Calin and Mirai are in my room doing who knows what," I said controlling my laughter.

"Who's Calin and Mirai?"

"Celtic Guardian and Dark Magician," I answered.

"Two of them????" Joey gasped. "And I thought I had it bad. I have only one."

"Lemme guess, the Flame Swordsman," I guessed.

"How did you know?"

"I'm psychic," I teased the confused blond.

"Sure you are," Joey laughed. "I haven't thought about naming him yet. Have you heard from the others?"

"Nope," I answered. "Listen Joey, can I call you back. I have to help Grandpa unload the groceries." Looking at Yami and Grandpa I realized they had finished. "Never mind. They're already finished. And besides I'm hungry."

"That reminds me I'm hungry too," Joey said quickly. We both laughed and said our goodbyes. I hung up the phone and helped prepare dinner for two. Yami doesn't eat.

During dinner, we remained silent and my duel monster in my bedroom. Grandpa had a lot on his mind. Did he know about Calin and Mirai? I haven't told him.

"Grandpa?" I started the conversation.

"Yes Yugi," Grandpa replied.

"How's you're friend?" I quickly said. Way to go. I wanted to tell him about Calin and Mirai, but I chickened out.

"He's doing well," Grandpa said. His friend was a recovering alcoholic. Grandpa helped him whenever he had the urge to drink. "He's been sober for one month."

"That's good for him," I smiled.

//Aibou, are you ever going to tell him?//

/When the time is right./

{Can we come down?} asked a very bored Celtic Guardian.

[Be patient.]

"What were you doing the entire day?" Grandpa asked once the conversation slowed down to a snail's pace.

"We visited Ryou," I answered truthfully. Yami just shook his head at my answer.

"I can see there's more than you're telling me," Grandpa said.

"Yami Bakura's back," I answered between bites. "He had beaten up Ryou by the time we arrived. We convinced him not to hurt his light anymore and I healed Ryou."

//You're leaving out parts.//

/I don't want him to worry./

//Understood.//

{Wasn't he the guy I chased off.}

/Yes, Calin, he was. And please don't hurt him./

{What!?!}

[Huh???]

/He's changed./

"You've had a busy day," Grandpa said finishing his chicken leg. "I'm glad to hear Yami Bakura has changed for the better."

Nudging me, Yami insisted I tell Grandpa. After all, I couldn't hide them forever. "Grandpa, something else has happened today."

"What is it?"

"Well... I don't know how to put it," I said trying to think of a way how to explain it.

"Take your time," Grandpa assured me.

Should I come out and say it? Or should I slowly let him in? Decisions, decisions. /Yami, I don't know what to say./

//Tell him the truth.//

/Okay./

"After I discovered I had powers, I was shuffling through my deck when I accidentally summoned two of my monsters and one of my best friends," I explained. "They're up in my bedroom and we don't know what to do."