Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Meeting My Yami ❯ Calling All Duelist ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wingzero: Sorry bout all the cliff hangers out there. I have this recurring disease called writer's block so if you have any medicine, therapy, or anything that could help please send them my way. Thanks.

Death Scythe: A curse to the disease writer's block.

Everyone else: No!

Wingzero: Yes!

Everyone else: No!

Wingzero: Yes!

Everyone else: No!

Wingzero: Yes! Or you'll be my next torture victim!

Everyone else: Like we said, yes!

Wingzero: ^______^

Death Scythe: ……………..

Mokuba: Wingzero does not own Yu-Gi-Oh.

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????

"After I discovered I had powers, I was shuffling through my deck when I accidentally summoned two of my monsters and one of my best friends," I explained. "They're up in my bedroom and we don't know what to do."

Grandpa shook his head. "Yugi, duel monsters is a game. It's not real life."

"They were called the Shadow Games before," Yami corrected him.

{I'm bored!}

[Has anyone told you, you're impatient?]

"But they are real," I protested while we ate our dinner at least Grandpa and me.

"Yugi, have I told you, you have an active imagination?" Grandpa teased me.

"Several times," I answered after swallowing a bite. "What about Yami and the puzzle?"

"What about me?" Yami questioned about my question.

"If you're real, why not duel monsters?" I deduced, then looked at my grandpa for his reaction to my logic.

"You've got me there," Grandpa surrendered. "Where are they?"

"They're up in my room," I answered.

Grandpa just raised his brow. Probably wondering why I hid them from him.

"I didn't want to scare you," I said hastily. /Hey guys come on down./

{It's about time, Master Yugi.}

[And your grandfather?]

/He's okay with it./

//That's because he doesn't believe you exist.//

{Say what!!!}

[……….]

/Just come down./

[As you wish master.]

The three of us turned to face Mirai, who had used his magic to teleport down and Calin, who came racing down the stairs with elvish grace. Grandpa sat there in shock. His fork halfway between his plate and his mouth. I smirked when I saw his reaction. Yami was impassive as usual.

"They're real," Grandpa gasped returning his fork to this plate ignoring the piece of food still left on it.

"And you doubt your own grandson?" Mirai questioned.

"Grandpa, this is dark magician, also known as Mirai," I introduced the first out of my two duel monsters present. "And this is Celtic Guardian, also known as Calin."

"You named your duel monsters?" Grandpa asked with disbelief in his voice.

"I thought it was cute," Yami said in my defense.

"Well, I wanted them to be special just the way I feel about them," I said smiling at my two duel monster, who grinned in return.

"Thank you master," Mirai said.

"I feel so special," Calin said. He looked about to burst into tears.

"So Mirai, what do you plan on doing here?" Grandpa inquired as to what they would do now that they were in our world.

"Only Master Yugi and Master Yami can call me Mirai," Mirai said with indignation.

"You're such a stick in the mud," Calin once again was at full for teasing his best friend. "You can call me Calin."

"Mirai, why don't you let other's call you by your nickname," I sorta whined a little. "I gave you those names so you would be special."

"If it is what you wish, Master Yugi, then I will," Mirai stated.

"That's the spirit," Calin said as he playfully slapped the Dark Magician on his shoulder.

Suddenly the phone rang very loud. Calin drew his sword ready for battle. Mirai positioned his staff ready to use his dark magic attack. I laughed at those two before answering the phone.

"Hello Mutou residence," I greeted before I was cut off by a very frightened Tristan.

"Hey Yugi, you're not going to believe this," he spoke into the phone loud and fast.

"Lemme guess, you have a duel monster wandering in your house?" I asked very amused at his reaction.

"How did you know?" Tristan asked.

"I have two of my own," I said while pulled the phone away from me and towards my duel monsters. "Say hi to Tristan."

"Hi Tristan," they said in unison.

"And I thought I had it bad," Tristan whistled.

"Hey you caught us at a bad time," I informed him. "We're eating dinner. Have you heard from Joey?"

"No I haven't, why?" Tristan was now completely puzzled.

"The Flame Swordsman decided to pay a visit to him so I'm guess the Cyber Commander dropped in on you," I said with confidence in my voice.

"Him too?" Tristan said in shock.

"Yep, I wonder about Ryou, Seto, Mai, Tea, and Mokuba," I said staring into space.

"How did this happen?"

"Well it started when I discovered I had powers," I explained before getting cut off.

"You have powers. I thought Yami only had them."

"That's what I thought," I answered. "I accidentally summoned my two duel monster along with some of my friends."

"Wow," Tristan gasped. "You must be powerful to summon mine from far away."

"That's true," the elf spoke up. Geez, I forgot he had an acute hearing.

"I should let you get back to your dinner," Tristan said. "We'll talk about it tomorrow at school."

"Sounds good to me," I agreed rather than having everyone come over or playing phone tag with each other. "By the way, have you named your duel monster?"

"I haven't thought about that," Tristan admitted. "Why?"

"I've named my Dark Magician, Mirai and Celtic Guardian, Calin," I informed him. "And I just though Cyan would be a good name for your Cyber Commander."

"Let me ask him," Tristan said. Over the phone we could hear them talking.

"Hey Cyber Commander, how would you like to be called Cyan?"

"That's fine with me, Master Tristan."

Back on the phone, Tristan answered. "He likes it."

"We heard," I giggled.

"Goodbye and good night," Tristan said.

"Ditto," I replied before hanging up. I should probably call Ryou, Seto, and Tea. Picking up the phone I dialed the Ryou's phone number.

"Hello, Bakura residence," Yami Bakura's voice came over the line.

"Hi," I returned.

"Yugi, we're kind of in the middle of dinner," Yami Bakura said. He sounded like he wanted to be with his light.

"This will only take one second," I assured him.

"Okay."

"Did any of Ryou's duel monster come to life?" I asked.

"Yes, but how did you know?" a very confused Yami Bakura asked over the phone.

"Two of my duel monster has come to life, one of Joey's, and one of Tristan's," I said. "So logically I figured that my other friend's might have."

"The Change of Heart Card has been keeping us busy," Yami Bakura said. "It changes its mind too often."

"We're going to talk about it tomorrow, please tell Ryou," I asked him.

"I promise," Yami Bakura said. Then we exchanged our goodbyes.

"Aibou, shouldn't you eat?" Yami noticed I still had half a plate left.

"Yami, this is important," I protested as I dialed in Seto's phone number.

"Kaiba residence," a very hyper Mokuba answered the phone.

"Hi Mokuba, may I please speak to your older brother?"

"Yugi! Seto's kinda busy at the moment." His younger brother said.

"Is he trying to tame a Blue Eyes White Dragon?" I asked.

"Are you psychic?" the little brother gasped.

"No," I giggled. "Seto, Joey, Tristan, Ryou, and I have duel monster that came here."

"We're not the only ones then?" Mokuba pondered.

"Nope," I assured him. "Please tell your brother that we'll meet about it tomorrow at school." I can't imagine picturing Seto Kaiba taming a Blue Eyes White Dragon.

"They like sweet drinks," Calin spoke up.

"Oh, Calin has informed me that Blue Eyes White Dragons like sweet beverages," I relayed the information.

"Who's Calin?" Mokuba questioned.

"He's my Celtic Guardian," I replied.

"I thought your favorite was the Dark Magician."

"Mirai is also here?"

"Wow, two duel monsters," the younger Kaiba said. The excitement in his voice rose as he said it.

A loud crash followed by a few choice words could be heard in the background. "I'd better help big brother before the dragon destroys our home."

We exchanged goodbyes and hung up the phone simultaneously. Now for the last person. Tea. She answered the phone when I called her. I asked her if anything unusual happened. She had no idea what I was talking about so I told her to forget about it.

"It seems she's the only one not affected by it," I mused. "I wondered why?" We resumed eating our meal in silence.

Later that night, the duel monsters and I lounged in my bedroom though a little bit crowded with their armor.

"Mirai, do you have any theories on this?" I asked staring at the ceiling. I was laying down on my back on my bed. Before then I had taken a bath, changed, and brushed my teeth.

"My theory is that you must have wished for your friends' favorite cards to come to life," Mirai explained.

"But Tea wasn't affected," I said after I sat upright.

"Then you didn't think of her as your friend deep inside your heart," Calin continued for Mirai. "Only those you truly care about will be affected."

Could it be true? I didn't think of Tea as a friend. She did stand up for me against Mai and helped me get out of my depression. Then again she can be pretty annoying and she is very inadequate at dueling.

"Aibou," Yami said as he moved towards me and embraced me. "We'll sort out everything tomorrow. Why don't you get some rest?"

"But Yami, I'm not tired," I whined. Calin and Mirai both had amused expressions on their faces seeing their masters act this way.

"You casted a very powerful spell," Yami said. "You need your rest even though you may not feel like it. Trust me, in the morning you'll thank me."

Yami did know more about this kinda stuff than I did. "Very well, Yami." I still protested. I curled up into a comfortable position underneath my blankets.

"Good night, Aibou." He kissed my forehead.

"Good night Yami, Mirai, and Calin," I said before drifting off.

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????

Wingzero: Finally I got this writer's block out of the way only to face another. WHY ME???? I need that cure.

Everyone: Please don't.

Wingzero: Don't make me call my yami here. She's at the spa getting a massage after what you've put her through.

Everyone: *cowers in fear knowing that Death Scythe would be very irritated at anyone who disturbed her leisure time*

Wingzero: ^-^. As always, please review. I welcome any suggestions. Please note that Tea will not, I repeat, WILL NOT be receiving any duel monster as she's my least favorite character of all time