Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Meeting My Yami ❯ Meetings ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimers: I loathe them.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()() ()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

My alarm clock rang signaling I should be awake and headed for school. I was about to press the snooze button when I heard two thuds. Pulling off the cover, I discovered Mirai and Calin eying my alarm clock with their weapons in hand.

"Good morning," I greeted them as I turned it off.

"What is that thing?" Calin asked while returning his sword to his scabbard.

"That." I pointed to the clock. "Is my alarm clock. It wakes me up every morning to go to school and for other occasions."

"How does it know when you want to be woken up?" Mirai asked, now poking and prodding it with his finger.

"I have to tell it," I tried to explain. It was too early in the morning to give a full lecture on modern clocks. Maybe Yami could help there even though he's been out for a few days. He had seen the world through my eyes. "Yami will explain it to you. I have to get ready for school." I grabbed my usual clothes and headed for the bathroom.

Once I finally changed, I reemerged into my room. Yami was explaining our modern conveniences to our confused duel monsters. Some things were hard for him to explain, since he had little contact with them.

"Good morning, Aibou," Yami greeted me as usual. "Did you sleep well?"

Surprisingly I did. "Yes, Yami." I was glad he made me go to bed, because I think otherwise I would be tired and unable to concentrate. "Yami, would you mind staying behind?"

"But Aibou," Yami protested to the amusement of my duel monsters. "Who will protect you?"

"He has a point," Mirai agreed with him. "We will not be able to protect you from such a long distance."

"Yeah," Calin added in.

They were right. "Maybe when I contact you, either Yami or Mirai can teleport to my location."

"What if they sneak attack you?" Calin said, remembering his old training. "You can't send us a warning in time."

"I never thought of that," I sighed.

"We can follow you," Mirai suggested. "I know an invisibility spell and Calin has the stealth of an elf."

"Of course, you don't have to hide me," Yami smirked.

Three against one. "Fine," I said giving into their demands. They were only trying to protect me. I wondered what the others will do with their duel monsters when they are at school. "But promise me to be on you best behavior and that especially goes for you Calin."

"Hey, I behave," Calin protested. Mirai giggled while Yami laughed at the elf's antics.

"By the way, I nearly forgot," Mirai remembered. He drew six cards from one of his pouches. Handing them over to me, he informed me that my duel monsters had given them to me so I can summon them if I needed their help.

As I took them, I noticed it was the fourth Blue Eyes White Dragon and all the pieces to Exodia. "Wow, I thought these were lost forever."

"Blue Eyes White Dragon still wants to serve you so it stayed in our village, but you had no way of summoning him," Mirai explained. "Exodia feels the same way."

Seto is going to flip when he sees I have the fourth Blue Eyes. "I have to eat breakfast," I said before running to the kitchen.

Grandpa had finished cooking pancakes when I arrived. He placed a stack on my plate. "Good morning."

"Morning," I said, after taking a few bites. "Grandpa, my duel monsters and Yami are coming to school today."

"Do you think it is wise?" Grandpa asked me.

"They'll keep out of sight," I assured him.

Just then, they made their appearance. "We won't be any trouble." Calin said, standing at the doorway as if guarding it.

What if someone attacked Grandpa? Now that I think of it, he has no one here. Sure, he can call the police, but they won't arrive here on time. "Calin, would you mind staying here?"

"I thought you said I could go," Calin protested again. We all laughed at the elf's stubbornness.

"I wanted you to stay here and protect Grandpa," I informed the whining elf. "There's nobody home so he can't call them. The police will take awhile to arrive." Not to mention, he would most likely cause more trouble at school if I had taken him.

"Yes, master," Calin said with pride. He felt important to be guarding Grandpa alone, while Yami and Mirai both guarded me.

While walking to school, I ran into Joey, who had his Flame Swordsman with him in disguise. "So Joey, how are you this morning?" I asked while we walked together.

"Confusing," Joey admitted. "I didn't know what to do with him."

"You should really give him a name if you're going to take him to school with you," I warned him. "The teacher will think it's kind of weird for him not to have one."

"I never thought about that," Joey said. "I thought you named your monsters, because you, well, are you. What do you think about that?" Joey asked his duel monster.

"Yes master," the Flame Swordsman answered.

"How many times do I have to tell ya," Joey corrected the duel monster. "You can call me Joey."

"Yes Joey," the Flame Swordsman said again.

"I have a hard time breaking my duel monsters of that habit," I said. While I was in the shadow realm, I told them to call me Yugi but they seemed to forget every time. "What do you think about Orion? It's Greek for `Son of Fire'."

"That name suits him," Joey said after thinking about it. His duel monster is after all the Flame Swordsman.

"It is a fine name," Orion said. "I heard Dark Magician and Celtic Guardian have been released as well. Where are they?"

"Calin is at home guarding the shop," I answered. "Mirai is lurking somewhere nearby."

"Right here," a voice called our attention. Though we could not see him, we clearly heard his voice.

"Ah, I see you're using your invisibility spell," Orion smirked. "You're finally putting it to good use."

"Very funny," Mirai said before he decided to keep quiet.

"Hey Joey, look at this," I said, remembering what Mirai had given me earlier this morning. I pulled out the cards.

"NO WAY!!!!" Joey yelled at a decibel that threatened to ruin our hearing. Fortunately Calin had remained at the shop; otherwise, he would have done something drastic to Joey. "I can't believe you have a Blue Eyes White Dragon card."

"Me either," I agreed with him. "He's very loyal. I think I'll name him Arian."

"Whatever you say," Joey said still amazed at my card. "This time, don't let anyone touch your Exodia cards. Especially that sneaky, underhanded, no good, slimy, scumbag of a weasel Weevil."

"I get the point," I laughed at his description of one of my enemies.

In the classroom, we discovered both Joey and Tristan had disguised their duel monsters to look like ordinary students. Joey introduced Orion to the class as a visiting cousin, while Tristan said that his old friend had come into town. Tea didn't recognize their duel monsters at first. I think she's used to seeing them in their battle attire. Seto immediately knew they were duel monsters, after all he was the world champion.

During lunch our gang decided to meet under a tree that was away from other students. "I can't believe what happened," Tristan sighed.

"I know what you mean," Ryou also sighed. "My duel monster is giving both my yami and I a headache."

"At least yours isn't wrecking your house," Seto complained. "I had to hire thirty guards, just to keep it contained! What am I supposed to do, build a dragon's house?"

"You have the money," I said. "Maybe I can send it back to the Shadow Realm if you want, but it will take some time for me to figure out how."

"It's okay," Seto said. "Mokuba seems to be happy with him. I think my little brother would be upset if Blue Eyes went away."

"What are you guys talking about?" Tea asked with a confused expression on her face.

"Our duel monsters have come to life," Tristan answered before I could. "You mean none of yours have?"

Tea nodded her head. "I wondered why you called last night." She turned her attention to me. "I was beginning to wonder what had happened to you."

"Speaking of which, where are your duel monsters?" Seto asked Ryou and myself.

"My yami is at home taking care of it," Ryou answered with a sigh. "Our duel monster has been getting on our nerves lately, especially Yami's."

"I feel for you," Seto said.

"Mirai should be close by," I said, looking in every direction to see if I could find him.

The others began to look around only to find nothing out of the ordinary. Suddenly a purple clad figure made an appearance. "I'm here."

The others freaked out at his sudden appearance. It, however, didn't bother me. I had already gotten used to my yami popping out whenever he felt like it, a duel monster is no different. "Is anyone watching?" I asked, concerned someone might see him.

"I have checked the surrounding perimeter," Mirai stated. "Master, there is no one within the vicinity."

"That's a relief," Joey said. "Orion, you and Cyan seem awfully quiet."

"We're still adjusting," Orion shrugged.

"It's not our place," Cyan said, his training apparently coming to the surface.

"Now that I think about it, we should let our duel monsters decide if they want to stay or not," I said and then paused long enough for them to think.

"I would like to stay," Mirai said. "I'd like to learn more about this world and protect you Master Yugi. As for Calin, he'd stay, because he says things would get boring without me to tease all the time."

"What about you, Cyan?" Tristan turned to his Cyber Commander.

"If it's okay with you," he answered to his master.

"I have already decided to stay," Orion said before his master can ask him.

"Then it's settled," Joey said.

"I don't know about that," Ryou glanced at everyone present. "Maybe it would be better to send my duel monster back before my yami kills it."

All of us knew he wasn't talking lightly, especially since Yami Bakura had decided to change for the better. It will take some time getting used to thinking a new way, but I know he will pull through.

Moments of silence passed before Seto finally broke it. "We should meet at my house and let our duel monsters get acquainted."

"That sounds like a good idea to me," I approved.

The others agreed with it, and although Joey and Orion seemed a bit skeptical with the plan they agreed anyway. We planned on meeting two hours after school ended. Seto needed to run a few errands before we arrived.

After school ended, Joey went to visit his sister, who was still recovering from the eye surgery. Tristan was meeting a friend, but he promised he would either make it on time or be a few minutes late. Ryou said he needed two hours just to drag his duel monster out of the house and into Seto's mansion. Tea, even though she had no duel monster, chose to come. I needed to go back home and pick up Calin before heading to Seto's place.

/Mirai, can you do illusions?/

[Yes master, that is possible. Why?]

/Because I would like you to walk with me./

[What about Yami?]

/Yami's asleep in his soul room./

[Figures.]

Soon, a teenaged boy stepped out from the shadows. He had long brown hair and blue eyes. He wore a purple t-shirt and black jeans.

"At least you won't stick out," I teased him.

"You've been hanging around Calin too much," he teased me back. "I wish you wouldn't pick up his habits."

We both laughed at the elf's expense. "I have been thinking about Tea not receiving a duel monster."

Mirai looked at me with concern. "In your heart, you don't feel she is your friend."

"Something like that," I answered. "I want to think of her as a friend, but sometimes I don't know. We help each other a lot. Me, Joey, Tristan, and Ryou. Even Seto sometimes helps us. Yami Bakura and my yami had just arrived so I can't say much, but Yami has helped me duel when I face tougher opponents."

"I can't tell you what to do," Mirai said. "Only your heart can."

So much for that route. We talked about other things. Mirai wanted to know more about our world, so I entertained him with answers. He was fascinated by electricity. I had a hard time explaining it.

At home, we discovered the outside intact, but the inside looked like a hurricane.Even the shop had taken a little damage. Rushing inside, we heard a groan coming from behind us. Calin was slumped over, bleeding from several wounds. I bent over and healed him using my newly found powers.

As we waited for him to stir, I observed our living room. The couch had several slashes and stuffing poured out from the holes. Our television set was screenless. In addition, wires hung out in every direction. A dent or two covered its sides. The lamp had clearly been tossed across the room and smashed into the wall, where a huge cavity formed. Several small debris of glass and metal littered the floor.

"Grandpa, they took him," Calin groaned suddenly as he tried to sit up.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()() ()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()