Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Meeting My Yami ❯ Dude, Where's My Grandpa? ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wingzero: Hey there, sorry it took awhile for me to get this chapter out. I was concentrating on my other two fics.

Mokuba: Wingzero does not own Yu-Gi-Oh.

GRANDPAGRANDPAGRANDPAGRANDPAGRANDPAGRANDPAGRANDPAGRANDPAGRANDPAG RANDPAGRANDPAGRANDPAGRANDPA

"Grandpa, they took him," Calin groaned as he tried to sit.

"Who took him?" I asked, frantically.

"They all wore masks," the elf said, trying to stand up but to no avail.

Mirai supported his best friend's weight as Calin nearly collapsed onto the ground. "What do you remember?"

Moments of silence passed before the elf spoke, "I remembered helping Grandpa move heavy objects from the storage room so he can put them on display. Out of nowhere, I heard loud crashing sounds followed by cursing so I went to see what it was. By the time I arrived there, a monster held Grandpa, who was unconscious and bound by rope. I had attacked the intruder when his minions suddenly attacked me, forcing me to retreat."

"How strange," I said, mulling over the account. "Why would they want to kidnap my grandpa? He doesn't have anything they would want. At least, I don't think he does."

"I sense dark magic here," Mirai said while looking around the room. He closed his eyes and tried to concentrate, only to hold his head in pain.

"Are you okay?" I asked, rushing to my Dark Magician.

"I'm fine, Master Yugi," Mirai lied. "No need to worry."

Standing there, I placed my hands on my hips. "I know you're lying."

Mirai didn't bother to answer or even look at me. Calin frowned as he heard his best friend lie. He appeared to be much healthier since I had healed him. Instead of being supported, he was the one doing the supporting.

I needed a plan. The others were going to be meeting us at Seto's mansion in an hour and a half. "Calin, please move Mirai to my bedroom."

"But Master Yugi, what if they come again?" Celtic Guardian protested. I guess he wanted to make amends for allowing my grandpa to be captured.

"Right now, Mirai needs to rest," I said. Dark Magician looked pale and his eyes were unfocused. "I'll keep pestering Yami until he comes out."

Calin laughed quietly. "I'm starting to rub off on you."

"Go now," I swatted at him.

The elf and the magician soon made their way upstairs into my room. I wondered if my room was in the same condition as these down here. Perhaps not, since I think most of the fighting has taken place down here.

/Yami?/

//Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.//

/Yami!/

//Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.//

/YAMI!!!!!!!/

//Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.//

He's still not awake. Fine, then I'll have to do this the hard way. Scanning the area for any enemies that might have been left behind, I moved into a clean area, the kitchen. This room hasn't been touched by whoever kidnapped Grandpa. I sat down in one of the chairs before concentrating on my soul room.

Once inside, I made my way to Yami's room. Opening the door, I discovered he decorated his room Egyptian style. I shouldn't be surprised, considering he grew up in Egypt. He kept his room clean with an exception of his desk, which was full of paper. What were they? Some of it looked like ancient Egyptian writing.

I hovered over Yami's sleeping form. He looked peaceful when he slept, almost like a dark angel. Too bad I have to wake him. I poked and prodded him to no avail. Then I tried to shake him hard. Darn, he was still sleeping. Man, do I have a heavy sleeper for a yami! Oh well. Then, I climbed over him and pushed him off his bed. I thought he would still be sleeping, but then he blinked his eyes.

"Aibou, why did you have to wake me up?" Yami asked. He was trying to shake the sleep off of him.

At first, I wanted to giggle at the sight of my darker half, then I realized what I needed to tell him. My expression became very serious. This caused Yami to turn his full attention to me. I explained what had happened. "Grandpa has been kidnapped by a bunch of strangers. Calin has been severely wounded, but I healed him. Mirai tried to sense the energy but received a splitting headache for his trouble."

"This is serious," Yami said, now standing up. "Do you have any idea what they are after?"

"That's the problem," I sighed. "We don't have a clue."

"We should get back," Yami suggested before heading out to the real world. I followed behind him.

Once outside of our soul rooms, Yami decided to take a look around. He first inspected the living room where Calin was found injured. "This place is a mess." He picked up a few items and tossed them out of the way.

"What are you doing? Using me as target practice?" I questioned him as a few objects narrowly missed hitting me.

"Oh, sorry," Yami apologized. "I'm trying to find any leads as to who our kidnappers are. During the struggle with Celtic Guardian, one of them may have dropped something, I hoped." He shoved aside a large portion of our former coffee table.

Pausing for a moment, I remembered Mirai trying to feel something. "Yami, did you feel anything with your magic?"

Yami immediately stopped what he was doing to look at me. "I have given that some thought, but I don't think that any Shadow Realm creatures would attack your grandpa without reason."

"Mirai tried to sense for it, but he received a nasty headache," I reasoned with him.

"Hmmmmm," Yami murmured. Then he closed his eyes and repeated the same steps Mirai took before he had been weakened. Yami took his time in searching the area.

In the meantime, I became very restless. I wanted to find Grandpa. With each passing minute, I became more nervous. I wanted to talk to Yami, but he was busy concentrating on any dark magic still lingering. Since we arrived here after the deed was done, we didn't know how much time elapsed between the attack and our arrival.

"This person uses dark magic," Yami said with his eyes still closed. "He or she is a very powerful spell caster. No wonder the dark magician had trouble. He wasn't strong enough to handle the energy."

"That's not good," I said, grumpily.

"No, it's not," Yami answered, his eyes opened this time. His third eye began to glow as the mess began to clean itself up. "We shouldn't leave it this way. People might become suspicious and start asking questions."

As he cleaned up the rest of the place, I wandered upstairs to where my duel monsters had gone. Mirai laid on my bed still pale, but he had improved. Calin sat in a chair next to the magician. He must have heard my arrival, since he looked over in my direction as I entered the room.

"How's he doing?" I asked, my voice full of concern.

"He's doing much better," the elf warrior said. He glanced at the sleeping form before coming to my side. "I've never seen him this way before. Whenever he went into battles, he would just be tired but awake."

"Yami thinks this could be the worker of a stronger spell caster," I said, thoughtfully. I remembered the conversation I had with my other half before venturing into my room to check on the Dark Magician.

Calin gasped. "No wonder why he's in this state." He shook his head as if he was in denial of the recent events. He looked at his best friend with sorrowful eyes. "When we were back in the Shadow Realm, I thought he was the most powerful spell caster. I guess I was wrong."

"It's easy to make that mistake," I tried to cheer up the Celtic Guardian. "Though he is strong, he isn't the only magician. There are a few that have surpassed him in strength, although not by that much."

"I wish I could have stopped him," Calin grumbled. He became more angry at himself.

"You shouldn't blame yourself," I argued. Placing my hands over my hips, I took a "No buts" stance. "You were coming out of unconsciousness. Barely able to stand up, let alone stop Mirai. He made the choice, not you."

"Still …….."

"It's not your fault, end of story!" I placed my foot down and wasn't going to pick it back up, no matter what the elf said.

"He's right," Yami said, entering my room. "We're all to blame. I shouldn't have been sleeping, since I can handle this magnitude of power. Aibou could have also stopped him before he did it."

Grinning sheepishly, Calin felt more calm. "Shouldn't we tell the others?"

That's right. We have a meeting in what, less than a few minutes. Oh boy, where does the time go, when you're busy trying to figure out what happened to your Grandpa. There was no way we're going to make it on time, let alone arrive with Mirai in this condition. I have to do something about it.

"We have a meeting in a few minutes at the Kaiba mansion," I announced to the two conscious people in my room. "I'll call Seto and tell him we're going to be late."

Picking up the phone in my room, I dialed Seto's number. Were they already there? I slumped down on my bean bag as I heard the phone just ring on the other end. Well, it had appeared they weren't there yet when I heard someone gasping for breath.

The other person tried to say something. I could barely make out what he was saying. His voice sounded deep but it had no accent. That ruled out Joey, Ryou, and Tea. Come to think of it, could it be Yami Bakura? No it wouldn't be, because he and Ryou have a hard time with the Change of Heart card. The last person it could be… Seto.

"Hello Seto," I greeted.

A moment of pause happened while Seto regained his breath. "Where are you? The others are already here."

"Sorry about that," I apologized before setting out to explain everything. "I can't describe the details to you over the phone. Someone might be listening to our conversation. All I can say is this. My grandpa has been kidnapped and the Celtic Guardian was wounded during the attack."

"Oh," Seto replied. "That explains your absence. We were about to get started, but we can go visit you."

"It's okay," I assured him. "We'll be there."

"Okay, see you."

We both hung up at the same time. The only problem was Mirai hasn't woken up yet. He was obviously too tired to make the journey. An idea dawned in my mind. I struggled to get off the bean bag. Yami just smiled at my discomfort. I walked over to Mirai and placed my hand over his head. Since he was a creature of the dark, I wasn't sure my powers would work on him. My third eye began to glow as I increased my power. I imagined myself healing my Dark Magician.

Mirai slowly sat up after I had removed my hand from his forehead. "What happened?"

"You were knocked out by the force of the dark magic," Yami explained. "I, however, managed to diminish its strength for the time being."

"What about this meeting you had to attend?" Calin spoke up.

"That's right," I groaned. We required some sort of transportation. "We'll have to find a ride there or else it will take half an hour just to walk there."

"I can teleport us there," Mirai suggested.

All three of us gave him furious looks as Calin chided him. "There is no way you're going to use your magic in your condition. I won't allow it and neither will our masters."

"He's right," Yami agreed at once. "You need to rest."

"I don't want you to get hurt again," I pouted, my eyes widened and threatening to spill over with tears.

The magician sighed. "As you wish."

Suddenly, I had a thought. If we can't drive there, why not fly? I immediately tore out of the room and bounded down stairs. Racing through the kitchen, I made sure I didn't break anything in my haste. Once outside, I pulled my Blue Eyes White Dragon card. Now, how am I going to do this? I only wanted to summon one duel monster this time so I should concentrate on that card alone. The last time, I wasn't concentrating on any card.

Suddenly, the card began to glow. After the light died down, I can finally see my dragon standing in the backyard, waiting for me to give him commands. Mirai, Calin, and Yami had rushed out of the house after me. They stood behind me, surprised to find the dragon here in our backyard.

"Aibou, why did you summon him?" Yami questioned.

"We needed to a ride to Seto's place," I answered, sheepishly. "Plus, I wanted to meet him since I didn't get to when I was there."

My other two duel monsters just shrugged. They have seen enough of the dragon. I, on the other hand, hadn't.

"How would you like a name?" I asked the Blue Eyes White Dragon.

He just looked at me, as if I was on a sugar high.

"These two have names," I pointed to the other two duel monsters. "Mirai and Calin."

Blue Eyes White Dragon nodded his head in understanding.

"I'll call you Arian," I said, cheerfully.

Arian nodded his head. I guess he liked the name I had chosen for him.

"Could you please give us a ride?" I asked, as politely as possible.

The dragon lowered himself to the ground, allowing us to climb onto his back. I was the first one to get onto him. Yami followed soon after. He obviously didn't want to see me getting hurt. My other two duel monsters glanced at each other before heading to where we were.

Launching into the air, I felt the warm air rush past me. People on the streets stared at the sight of a dragon flying through the air. Then, I thought this was probably a mistake. We shouldn't be seen like this, but we needed to get there as soon as possible. Besides, I wanted Seto's dragon to meet mine. Speaking of which, no one except Joey knows I have a Blue Eyes White Dragon card on me.

Oh well, no use trying to change the past. As Arian cut through the wind, I pointed him to our destination. Within minutes, he had safely landed in Seto's enormous backyard with his dragon and trainers, I think.

The people surrounding the dragon nearly went into panic. I saw some who were about to have a heart attack when Arian landed. Guess they didn't expect to see two of them. Then the rest of the gang rushed out of the mansion to see what was wrong.

Seto led the group, followed closely by Joey. Tristan brought up the rear with Tea. Mokuba was a bit ahead of the rear. Ryou and his yami were about in the middle. Their duel monsters had ran along side their master except for Seto's.

"What is going on here?" Seto panted as he tried to regain his breath.

"I summoned another one of my duel monsters," I said calmly as if it were an everyday thing. "Guys, this is Arian."

The others had various degrees of surprise on their faces. The older Kaiba managed to speak up once again. "How do you have a Blue Eyes?"

"Arian wanted to help so he had sent his card with Mirai," I answered, honestly.

"Oh." Everyone chorused, even the duel monsters, except for mine.

"Okay, now we have two dragons to deal with," Joey said, exasperated.

"Let's not fight over that, shall we?" Ryou inquired aggressively, which wasn't his style. Yami Bakura stood behind his aibou.

The two duel monster seemed to get acquainted quickly with each other. "Why don't we introduce ourselves and our duel monsters?" I suggested at the lack of noise. No one voiced any opinion against it. "This is Yami and I'm Yugi. Arian is my Blue Eyes White Dragon, Mirai is my Dark Magician, and Calin is my Celtic Guardian." I pointed to each one as I announced their names.

Joey then followed my lead. "My name is Joey. This is my Flame Swordsman, Orion."

"Tristan, and this is Cyan, my Cyber Commando," Tristan said.

"Ryou and my yami," Ryou stated flatly. He pointed over to the duel monster having a fight with itself. "Duo, my Change of Hearts card."

"Seto Kaiba," Seto said calmly. "My little brother Mokuba and my Blue Eyes White Dragon, Drake."

Once the introductions had been finished, we sat down and discussed what had happened. "So, they kidnapped your grandpa?" Joey said, still unbelieving.

"Yes, they have," I answered. "The store and the living room was a mess when we arrived. Grandpa was missing, while Calin was severely injured. I don't know who or why they did this."

"This is no ordinary criminal," Yami Bakura spoke up for the first time in this meeting. "I felt a strange power coming from the other side of town earlier this afternoon. I dismissed it, thinking it was you." Yami Bakura looked at the former pharaoh.

"It couldn't be, I was sleeping," Yami retorted.

"More to the point, one of them has the power to cast strong dark spells," Mirai added his two cents.

"How can we help?" Tristan asked us.

"We don't know yet," Yami answered, truthfully. "All we can do is wait for now."

"I hope Pegasus isn't up to his old tricks again," Seto complained. "I remember the last time he tried to make us duel."

"I agree," Mokuba said with a downcast face. Him and my grandpa had their souls sealed within cards by force.

Duo had finally stopped arguing with himself and joined our discussion. "We have decided to stay here."

Yami Bakura groaned while Ryou just smiled. At least I won't have to be working on a way to send them back, for now.

"What's the plan?" Tea asked. We had completely forgotten she was there, since she had no duel monster present.

"The plan is to rescue Yugi's grandpa," Joey answered as if it were an easy question.

"I mean, how?" Tea remarked.

"We have one problem," Cyan spoke up.

"And what might that be?" Orion asked the Cyber Commando.

"We don't even know where he is," Cyan answered.

"Just great," Yami muttered.

Both humans and duel monster just stared at each other before one of us broke the silence.

"We need to visit the Duelist Kingdom."

GRANDPAGRANDPAGRANDPAGRANDPAGRANDPAGRANDPAGRANDPAGRANDPAGRANDPAG RANDPAGRANDPAGRANDPAGRANDPA