Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Meeting My Yami ❯ Nights ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wingzero: Sorry I couldn't get this out sooner, but I was without my computer for a few days. ;_; I would normally send it to my beta readers, but I don't want you readers to wait any longer. So here it is.

Out of nowhere, a scream pierced the air, filling the silence. We quickly ran to the source of the disturbance and stopped immediately in our tracks when we saw………………….

Joey being pinned down by a strange creature. It looked like a humanoid lizard, with dark black scales. Its blood red eyes focused on its prey underneath him. Orion tried to protect his master, but he was overwhelmed and separated from him.

"Stop right there!" my other half exclaimed. That got their attention, all right.

They growled at us as we entered the room. Shifting back and forth on their limbs, they appeared to be on the verge of attacking us. Even with us, we were still outnumbered. How were we going to defeat them and save Joey? I held onto Yami's arm for dear life. My wings hung on my back gently swaying with the wind.

"Be on your guard," Yami commanded as we both circled around the fight scene.

"Yes, master," both of our duel monsters replied simultaneously. They took the opposite side of us in order to surround our enemies.

We couldn't attack right away, because Joey was still being held by them. If I could only attack, then I would show them. What am I thinking? I've never thought anything like that before. What was going on? Suddenly, I had this urge to fight and protect my friends, not that I wouldn't, but this was different. I wanted to fight for them physically, which I wouldn't have done in the past.

"Joey, try to get away on my signal," Yami informed the trapped teen.

What if we make a mistake and Joey is killed? If missed, we might end up killing him ourselves? If we wait any longer, they would have come up with a plan. If we hesitated, they wouldn't think twice about killing him. Too many variables played into this fight.

Closing my eyes and hanging onto Yami, I felt this strange sensation pass through me. It felt warm and at the same time powerful. Where was it coming from? What should I do? This energy was constantly building up in my body, I could feel it. Just when I was about to explode, I released my energy.

Loud screams and shouts of confusion echoed throughout the room. Even though my eyes were closed, I saw the bright light flash for a few seconds before fading away. I opened my eyes to find the lizard creatures whimpering or cowering on their knees. Many of them appeared to be in severe pain and agony. What happened?

"What just happened?" Joey asked, completely dumbfounded.

"I don't know," his duel monster replied. Orion touched a couple creatures with his sword only to hear them howl in agony.

"That's what I'd like to know," Yami stated as he observed our surroundings.

"Master, these creatures are of the dark element," Mirai observed as he investigated these creatures. "But it does not explain how we weren't affected by the light."

"I don't get it," Calin said.

"Me too," Joey added his comment.

"What Mirai is trying to say is that both he and I use darkness based magic, but we were not affected by this light based attack," Yami explained Dark Magician's observation.

"Perhaps this person attacking didn't want either of you harmed?" Calin threw into the conversation. "What?" We all looked at him.

"You surprise me every day," Mirai shook his head. "I was thinking along the same lines."

What was happening to me? First I summoned duel monsters. Then I transformed into a winged warrior with armor. Finally, I had the power to destroy darkness, I think in that sense. Yet, both my other half and duel monster survived, even though they were darkness based. Maybe my Celtic Guardian was right. I wanted them to survive so I unconsciously directed my attack towards our enemies.

Suddenly, everyone was staring at me. What? "What is it?"

"You're the only one of us who uses light based attacks," Yami stated the obvious. "It appears you're tapping more into your powers."

"That's good," Joey celebrated with triumph. "Isn't it?"

"Yes and no," Yami said. "Yes, it is good that he is regaining his powers, but he needs to learn how to control them in a short amount of time. I don't think our enemies will wait until he has mastered them before they strike again."

"He's right," Orion backed up Yami.

"What should we do till then?" Joey asked no one in particular. He kicked around a small stone while holding the back of his neck.

"Good question," Yami said. "We will wait until the others have arrived before we plan anything, because we don't know what's going on here."

Malik and his yami came flying in the door. "What just happened here?" Malik asked between breaths. His yami leaned against the wall for support.

"We were under attack until Yugi saved our behinds," Joey said casually, as if being attacked by humanoid lizards was a normal, every day thing.

"Yugi?" Yami Malik questioned once he was able to breathe evenly.

"Yes, my aibou was able to incapacitate these creatures," Yami said coolly.

"No wonder," Malik said from where he was inspecting the bodies. "These are dark creatures. Naturally light creatures should be able to defeat them."

"What happened to you?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Nothing," Yami Malik said, very irritated. "We didn't even get into one measly fight!"

"I knew I should have taken the dining hall," Joey said thoughtfully. "Then I wouldn't have them to deal with."

"You're right on that," Malik agreed with the blonde. "At least we would have gotten some action." He absently kicked the nearest wall.

Just then Tristan and Cyan arrived. Both of them breathing hard and sweating. "What happened here?" Cyan asked for his master, who couldn't speak. They surveyed our situation, noting that we had just defeated a bunch of strange looking creatures.

"Me and Orion were checking out this bedroom," Joey explained. "Out of nowhere, we were attacked. We were separated, then that's when they pinned me down. Yami, Yugi, and their duel monsters came just in time, but they couldn't do much against them. Yugi somehow manages to defeat them. Malik and his yami arrive shortly after."

"So that's the bright light we saw," Tristan commented. "I thought it looked oddly familiar, like the time when Yugi used his armor. What do you think?"

"Now that you mention it," Yami said. "I think you're right."

"Enough about the light," Yami Malik snapped at everyone in the room. "We have an unknown enemy attacking us at his or her leisure."

"First we'll have to figure out who this enemy is before we can take action," Orion suggested. "We can't effectively attack whoever it is."

"We also need to rescue my grandpa," I added.

"That's right," Yami agreed. "We're still missing three of our original group." He mentioned while counting us. We still needed Ryou, his yami, and their annoying duel monster.

"I vote we should leave them," Malik protested. Duo had taken a liking to them. It must be hard trying not to kill the duel monster on sight.

"We won't leave without our friends," Joey argued in response. "They aren't that bad unless you count Duo, who's more annoying that Tea's friendship speeches."

"You can say that again," Tristan agreed.

On cue, Ryou and Bakura both dragged their frustrating duel monster inside the bedroom. Duo had made it as hard as possible for its master. He seemed bent on making everyone's lives miserable, especially both Maliks.

"Sorry we're late," Ryou apologized for himself and his yami. We all knew that Bakura didn't apologize that often. "We had a little trouble getting Duo up here."

"No problem," Joey assured him, waving his hand.

"What do we have here?" Bakura's attention was now focused on the strange lizards.

"We don't know what they are exactly," I answered for the group. "We were able to figure out they are dark based creatures, but other than that, we have no clue as to their origins."

"What I don't understand is that the attack was light based," Ryou mentioned. "Then how is it all of you dark based people survived?"

"I wasn't here," Yami Malik said, irritated.

"Somehow Yugi wished or wanted only our enemies to feel his power," Yami contemplated. "Either that or both of us have strong shields, but I seriously doubt the latter."

"So you're telling me that Yugi has hidden powers based on light," Bakura started. "And he's just becoming aware of it?"

"Pretty much that's it," Yami said. "It has something to do with the prophecy, but I can't remember the rest of it."

"Perhaps if we looked in your books, we may find an answer," Mirai suggested.

"You can look in them, I'll protect you while you do," Calin said, before receiving a smack on the back of his head. "What did I say?"

"You're impossible!" Mirai said a little loud.

"No, that's impossible!" Malik shouted while pointing towards Duo.

"I completely agree," his yami said.

"I don't believe I'm going to say this, but I agree with the both of them," Joey stated.

"You're not the only one," Tristan said.

Maybe I can sense or feel the presence of our enemy. Closing my eyes I concentrated on the power source. I couldn't feel anything. All of a sudden, this faint signal caught my attention. It was moving farther away. Wait! Another one had made its presence known. It felt like it was coming out of the dungeons, where Pegasus locked up Mokuba.

"I feel something's here," I announced to the rest.

"What is it?" They asked in unison.

"We need to go underground," I said while opening up my wings and taking off.

The others had a hard time trying to keep up with me, but I needed to get down there as fast as possible. I couldn't wait for the others. Whoever was down there, he or she was rapidly declining in health. If only he or she can hold on for a little longer, then I could heal him or her.

Touching down in front of the door, I pushed it with all of my strength. Soon I found myself in the area where Mokuba was held prisoner. Yami was the first one to reach my side, followed by the others yamis and then the duel monsters.

"What is it?" my other half spoke again.

Feeling through my other sense, I used it to guide me to a familiar cell. Inside it a person was lying on the bed, but I couldn't tell if it was a man or woman. He or she had covered himself or herself completely with the blanket. I, however, can tell that the person was chained to the bed post. Yami stood beside me looking inwards.

I closed my small hand on the lock and squeezed on it. Startlingly the lock gave under my pressure. I had broken it with my bare hand. My attention turned towards my companions, who all had their mouths hanging open. They slowly but surely regained their composure.

The room hadn't changed, since the last time we were here. I walked up to the sleeping figure. It would be a shame to wake him or her up, but we required answers as to the current situation. What am I thinking? Could it possibly be Grandpa? If it is, then I should go for it. I gently shook the lump on the bed.

To our surprise, Pegasus was currently sitting in the bed, yawning and stretching his arms. "Oh, it's only you."

"Pegasus!" Yami yelled before trying to strangle him, but fortunately for him, I was able to restrain my other half before he caused the white haired man any more damage.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. The others decided to hang back while my yami and I took care of everything.

"Where do I begin?" Pegasus trailed off.

"How about the beginning?" Yami retorted. He finally stopped attempting to strangle Pegasus.

"A day after you departed my little island, I received visitors," Pegasus explained. "They were looking for the millennium eye, but I didn't have it in my possession at the current time so they threw me rather rudely into this cell. How ironic, it was the same one I used to hold Mokuba Kaiba. I'm straying away from the topic. They sent out agents throughout the world gathering information on the rest of the millennium item holders. Since I was of no use to them, they abandoned my island, leaving me to rot in here."

"They must have figured they could use my grandpa against me," I said, sounding very sad.

"Where did they take him?" Yami asked, now lifting up Pegasus by the collar.

"I swear I don't know where they took him," Pegasus pleaded.

"He's telling the truth," I said. The others gave me strange looks. "I can feel his true emotions."

"Now what?" Malik asked, more like demanded.

"We can't do anything for now," Yami stated.

"Just great," Joey grumbled. "Why don't we just throw out the welcome mat."

"I don't like it any more than you do, but you don't see me complaining," Tristan chided.

"Yes, but you didn't have to face them," Orion reminded the brunette.

"Oh that's right," Tristan said.

Later that night, we all decided to stay in the castle. Seto and the rest moved the helicopter to our location. Yami assigned watch duty to everyone, including me. At first he didn't want to, but I argued that I could protect the group. In the end, he finally gave in. We all went in two hour shifts so that we can get our rest. First up was Ryou and his yami. Following him was Tristan and Orion. Next was Malik and his yami. Seto and both Blue Eyes White Dragon went after Malik. My yami and I finished off the night. Mirai searched through the books for anything relevant to our situation.

"You can trust me," Joey argued once Yami had announced the assignments.

"But you need your rest," I argued back. "Today, you were almost killed if we hadn't intervened in time."

"He's right, Mas- Joey," Orion agreed with me.

"You're taking his side!" Joey yelled, outraged at his duel monster.

"I fear for your health," Orion sighed.

"Oh," Joey said.

"Now that's taken care of, we should turn in," Yami announced.

"I agree," I said yawning. I spread my wings around myself and Yami. It created a make shift blanket. We gave ours to the Maliks, because they didn't have any. They didn't accept it at first, but I insisted on it. I told them that my yami and I could use my wings to keep us warm. He finally relented and accepted it.

A loud sound jolted us from our sleep. Opening my eyes, I tried to take in my surroundings. So far, we weren't in any immediate danger. Yami shifted underneath my wing and sat up. Apparently he was woken up by the noise. Unusually, Joey had been woken up. Normally, a herd of stampeding elephants couldn't wake him up.

"What's going on?" I asked whoever was guarding us.

"We're not sure," Malik answered. "All we heard was this screeching sound. I believe it came from outside."

"Our Blue Eyes," Seto shot up. Soon he was getting his gear ready and preparing to confront anyone.

"What do you think you're doing?" Yami asked Seto forcefully.

"I'm going to check on my dragon, what else?" Seto snapped at Yami.

/Arian, are you okay?/

///Yes, Master.///

/What happened out there?/

///A creature attacked us, but we were both able to defeat it. There's nothing to worry about.///

/Yes, it is. They know we're here./

{That does pose a threat.}

/Calin, are you listening on us?/

{Well, I got bored.}

[Figures.]

{What is that supposed to mean?}

/Knock it off you two./

[Yes, Master.]

{Yes, Master.}

"We have to leave this island right away," I announced to a fighting company. Every one of them turned their attention to me. "They know we're here and that we have four out of the seven millennium items. That attack was just a scouting party. No doubt, they had already sent back reports of two dragons present on the island."

"You're such a coward," Yami Malik retorted. "They wouldn't attack us twice in…….."

"They're here!" I screamed. I could feel a large arming advancing towards us. "They're coming by the thousands."

"We can't possibly hope to overcome them," Malik growled.

"I think they're trying to tire out Yugi so they can either capture or kill him easily," Cyan suggested. "Other than that, I can't think of any reason why they would send out a large army. They know they can take all of us with no problem."

"You're onto something," Yami agreed with the Cyber Commander. "But I'd think they'd want to exhaust him rather than kill him."

"Why do you think that?" Ryou questioned.

"Because they wanted him to join them," Mirai answered for Yami. "They won't kill him, maybe us, though not him."

"I'm not liking this guy," Joey commented.

"Wait!" Pegasus exclaimed. "There is a secret underground base here. No one except me knows its location."

"How do we know we can trust you?" Bakura snarled him.

"Looks like we don't have much of a choice," Yami obviously didn't agree with the idea.

I had to do something fast, before my friends get killed. While they were arguing against each other, I slipped out of the room and headed outside towards the advancing army. I slipped on my armor in less than a second. Then I took off against the invading army. Soon they will feel my wrath poured in its purest form.

A few minutes later, the first wave appeared in front of me. I didn't want to tire myself before the real fighting begins so I paced myself. My movements and attacks were precise. I had complete control of my power, at least that was what I thought. Each wave became stronger and stronger. Since I didn't go full force on the first ones, I had enough energy to defeat the rest. Wave after wave crashed against me. One right after the other was defeated by my own hands.

When I thought I was finished, one more opponent stood in my way. He smiled at me before saying, "You fight pretty well for recently discovering your powers. My master's offer still stands. Come and join us."

"What happens if I don't?"

"Then one by one, your friends will fall victim to us," he stated coldly.

"Then I will just have to defeat you first," I yelled back at him. Gathering all of my energy, I launched a massive assault against him.

"There's no way you can defeat me after spending much of your energy fighting these worthless creatures," he mocked me.

I will have to show him my power. Going all out, I quickly released my energy in an attack. This caught him off guard, because he wasn't expecting an attack of this magnitude. Soon, he had fallen prey to my powerful assault.

Now I just had to make it back to the castle before anyone discovers I'm missing. Using what little energy I had left over, I glided back to the window and hopped inside. I just need to make it to one of the rooms, preferably the bedroom. It took everything in my willpower to walk across the room and into the one, where the guys were.

Opening the door, I found myself facing a very upset Yami. He had his arms cross and a serious look on his face. I'd never seen this look on him before. What has gotten into him? Oh, I'll have to think about it later. Right now, I could use some sleep. I had a rough night. Suddenly everything went black.