Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Meeting My Yami ❯ The Meeting & The Waiting ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Opening the door, I found myself facing a very upset Yami. He had his arms cross and a serious look on his face. I'd never seen this look on him before. What has gotten into him? Oh, I'll have to think about it later. Right now, I could use some sleep. I had a rough night. Suddenly everything went black.

************Yami's POV***********

As we argued against one another, I felt something weird. I had this odd sensation. Something was not right, but what was it? We had spent the next few minutes arguing whether or not we should trust Pegasus after what he has done to us. Suddenly, our connection grew thin. AIBOU!!

Before anyone could say anything I ran to the door. As I was about to open it, the door swings open to reveal a tired, but still alive Yugi! My first reaction was to scold him for taking off without telling anyone. For all I know, he could have been killed or forced to do something against his wishes. Then I looked deep into his eyes. He didn't want anyone to be hurt on his account so he went up there to face them. I could see the sorrow and burden in his eyes.

I was about to apologize for reacting this way, when he suddenly collapses on me. What did I do to deserve someone like him? Yugi, my other half, placed others ahead of himself. In my opinion he gives way too much, but that is his characteristic. As I held him in my arms, I thought about how I acted when I was pharaoh. Boy, I was the complete opposite of Yugi. Will he love me?

The others began to worry when I stood there with Yugi in my arms. I quickly picked him up and carried him over the rest. "He needs rest. I say we all go down there."

"But why Yami?" Joey was the first one to protest. "You know what kind of person Pegasus is."

"Yes, I do," I sighed. "People can change. Take a look at Bakura. He's changed. I don't know if Pegasus has changed though."

"Don't drag me into this," Bakura snorted.

"I know he has done terrible things in the past; however, we don't have much options," I argued. Looking down at my hikari, I fought back the tears that were threatening to build. "Yugi can't handle another fight until he has recovered. From my guess, it would take at least a couple of days. I don't know what I would do if I ever lost him."

"We understand," Ryou assured him.

"Says you," Yami Malik growled.

"Fine, you can stay up here," I snapped at him. "We'll be going down to the underground base."

In response, Yami Malik returned to the Millennium Rod. Malik stood there impassive. "Well what are we waiting for?"

"What about the dragons?" Seto spoke up. "I'm not leaving without Drake."

"I had the place built to house large creatures," Pegasus responded. "Don't ask why."

"What are we waiting for? An invitation?" I said with more sarcasm then necessary. Our duel monsters followed us into the secret passage.

Holding onto my aibou, I wondered if we can survive this entire ordeal. Thinking back to my life in Egypt, I remembered how I treated my subjects. The only person I treated on an equal basis was my wife. When she died, a part of me died as well. The result ….. well let's not get into that shall we? I had a cold heart until I sealed the Shadow Games.

When I had been released, I found myself in a new world. Everything changed. Their magic has also changed. Then I began to experience these new feelings. I have watched little Yugi grow as a person. I have felt his joys and pains. Ever since he came into my life, I have changed for the better. Though he does not know, I have this growing crush on him. When he saved my life yesterday, I knew I was in love with him. No one had been willing to sacrifice their life for me, except out of duty. Please Yugi, don't die on me.

Finally we have reached the base. He really needs to hire a decorator. The others stood around in silence. They didn't know what to say. Inside his base, several computers and other mechanical devices were operating. I didn't know they had this type of technology in this time. It looked like those science fiction movies my aibou watched all the time.

"We should get some rest," Ryou suggested. He slumped down in one of the chairs. Bakura stood near his hikari, waiting for any attack.

"I second that," Joey yawned. Orion watched over his master.

"Me too," Tristan agreed with his best friend. Cyan guarded the door as we speak.

"My yami and I will finish our watch," Malik said while getting ready for guard duty.

"Get some rest," I sighed. "I can't sleep." I looked down on the sleeping form of my angel. He looked calm and peaceful when he slept. Not that he doesn't when he is awake.

Malik nodded his head and picked up the blanket. He then prepared a make shift bed for him and his yami. Well, whenever his darker half decided to come out from the millennium rod.

I sat comfortably on one of the couches with my aibou in my arms. Our duel monsters were very worried over Yugi. Mirai continued his research. He had found very little information dealing with the prophecy and the millennium items. Calin and Cyan both guarded the door. Though Cyan was trained to be a soldier, Calin had better hearing. Orion stood over his master. After today's events, he didn't want to take any chances.

"You're worried about him," Pegasus whispered to me.

"Isn't it obvious," I growled at him. "I haven't exactly forgiven you for the tournament."

"I deserve that," Pegasus now sighed. "I also know what you're going through."

"What do you mean by that?" I asked, now completely confused and caught off guard.

Pegasus sighs before telling his story. "A long time ago I fell in love with Cecilia. Ever since I met her, I knew she was destined to be my soul mate. Like most couples, we were engaged and later on married. Fate decided to be cruel and took her away from me. Since then, I have tried to get her back. That's why I needed the seven millennium items."

"I never knew," I gasped as I looked down at my hikari. He must be having a good dream from the huge smile on his face. "I also had a wife and three children."

"Oh," Pegasus said.

"Yes," I sighed. "A long time ago, when I was pharaoh, I married a beautiful woman. She changed my life and helped me learn to love. We had two sons and one daughter. Kayla, my wife, died during child birth. From then on, my heart turned cold. My life ended not too long after our third child was born. I was then sealed within the millennium puzzle, where I was imprisoned for the next millennia. Ever since I met Yugi, I have changed."

"Seems like we have a lot more in common than we thought," Pegasus mused.

"Who would have known," I sighed. "You should get some rest."

"I don't need it," Pegasus replied. "I have had enough from yesterday. You don't know how boring it is to be chained to a bed all day long."

I raised my brow at the thought. "Well try being trapped in a puzzle for a few millennia."

"I thought I had it bad," Pegasus giggled.

Gently moving my aibou to a better position, I pulled him closer to me. There was no way in the world I would let go of him. Before these events, I had only thought of him as a friend and maybe a brother. Then lately, my feelings have changed. I think I've fallen hard. Two nights ago, I just found out my wife had been reborn. She had been reborn as the last person I would have suspected her to be, my hikari. Yes, Yugi was my late wife.

"Everybody thinks they have it worse," I mumbled.

"I thought my world had ended when I lost her," Pegasus sighed deeply. "But now I know. She wants me to live."

"I'm sure my aibou would say the same thing," I smiled at my light.

We continued to converse until the others began to stir and wake up. Ryou and Malik were the first ones to wake up. Their yamis refused to be woken up at this ungodly hour. Eventually, Seto had woken up along with Tristan. Joey required a much more persuasive wake up call.

Yugi still remained asleep in my arms. I think that last battle had completely worn him out. During our stay here, we haven't had any attacks yet. Inevitably, they will discover our location on the island, and we'll be forced to fight. This time, I won't allow my aibou to fight. He needs to regain his strength.

"What's our next move?" Joey asked once we had gathered around the table.

"It's too dangerous to do anything now," Seto said, while eyeing my aibou. "Yugi needs time to recover before he can defend himself."

"So far he's the only one I've seen who can defeat them," Tristan said out loud.

"I can too!" Yami Malik growled at the brunette.

"Yami," Malik chided his other half. "You can't even deal with one of their lower henchmen. How do you expect to go after their bosses?"

"He has a point," Bakura shrugged.

"Mirai, have you discovered anything about the prophecy," I asked curiously.

"Master, I have found something," Mirai said, with Calin trying to peak over his shoulder.

"What is it?" I asked impatiently.

"When darkness meets light, they shall become one. The light shall reveal his true powers and peace will be brought. When all seven millennium items have been gathered, the eighth item shall be revealed. It shall bring back hope and light."

"I never knew there was an eighth item," I gasped.

"You would think you'd know," Yami Malik sneered at me.

"Probably they created it without his knowledge," Ryou backed me up.

"My sister!" Malik yelled abruptly.

"What about her?" Joey asked.

"She has one of the millennium items," Malik groaned. "They'll be coming after her."

"You're right," I agreed. "That leaves two unaccounted for."

"Doesn't Shadi have one?" Bakura asked no one in particular.

"He does," Malik recalled. "Which leaves one left."

"Maybe they have it," Tristan suggested.

"Let's hope they don't," I said. "That's all we need."

"We still have to rescue Yugi's grandpa," Joey called to our attention. "And we don't know where they are holding him."

"It's like looking for a needle in a hay stack," Tristan commented.

"He has a point," Ryou agreed with Tristan.

"What should we do now?" Seto spoke up.

"First we can go on a wild goose chase," I explained our options. "We could wait until they strike again. Or we can set up a trap for them."

"Why don't we set up a trap for them?" Bakura smiled at the thought.

"What kind of trap?" Ryou wondered.

"Before we do anything, I think we should gather all seven millennium items," Seto suggested. He received blank stares as a response. "It prevents him from getting them, and we'd be able to find the eighth item."

"And we have to worry about them stealing it from us," Joey retorted.

"What a mess we have created for ourselves," Ryou commented out of the blue.

"Wait a second!" Tristan yelled to get our attention. "If Ryou's millennium ring can locate our items, can't it also locate the others?"

"I never thought of that," I gasped. Adjusting my lighter half, I stood up, holding him in my arms. "We should seek out another safe place." Ever since I woke up, I had this strange feeling. At first, I thought it was just me worrying about my aibou. Then the feeling became strong and dark. Then I knew it had to be something else.

"What?" Everyone chorused.

I looked hard at the other two yamis. "Can't you feel it?"

"Unfortunately, yes," Bakura growled. His light now was clinging onto him.

"I also feel it," Yami Malik also growled. "How are we supposed to leave without them seeing us? Also how are you going to transport your dragons?"

Both Arian and Drake snorted with indignity. They raised their heads proudly.

"My helicopter has limited seating," Seto mentioned to the rest of us. "I don't have another seat unless one of you wants to ride on another person's lap."

"No thanks," all of us replied.

"What about traveling to the Shadow Ream?" Bakura suggested.

"A lot of good that does us," Yami Malik retorted. "They will be able to locate us once we exit the Shadow Realm."

"Teleportation requires a huge amount of energy," Mirai spoke up. "I know I can teleport myself and one other person."

"We can one other person with us," Ryou volunteered. He looked over to his yami, who nodded his head.

"We also can take two more people," Malik said.

"Seto can go with you," I took command. "Either Joey or Tristan can go with the Maliks."

"I think I'll let Joey have this one," Tristan said, nervously.

"Sure," Joey teased his best friend.

"The rest will have to come with us," I sighed. I didn't want to have to do this, but there was no other option. We'll have to find a way to teleport two dragons, one duel monster, and one person with us. My light was in no shape to use his powers again.

"Are you sure you can handle it," Ryou asked, full of concern and worry.

"We'll find a way," I assured him. "I don't leave friends behind."

"What about me?" Pegasus spoke up. He had been quiet during our entire conversation.

"That means we'll have to rearrange the traveling arrangements," Seto said.

Turning to the other millennium item holders, I gave them a hidden message. "How many can you teleport?"

"We can do one more person," Ryou said. "It's just we won't be able to defend ourselves once we reached the area. By the way, where are we heading to?"

"We're heading to my secret hideout," Seto replied before I could have any say on the matter. "There should be enough room for both of our dragons. I have had the servants stock up on food and other essentials."

"Where is it?" Malik questioned.

"It's near my mansion," Seto replied.

"Mansion???" both Maliks gasped.

"Of course, you don't expect a billionaire to live in an apartment," Joey mocked them.

"No wonder you could afford it," Malik mused. "We should be able to teleport with one more person, but like Ryou said we can't defend ourselves afterwards."

"Okay, so Joey and his duel monster will be going with the Maliks," I said once again taking charge. "Tristan and Orion will go with Ryou and his yami. Seto, Pegasus, and both dragons will be coming with us. I think that's everybody."

"You mean I have to go with them?" Tristan's mouth dropped.

"It's not that bad," Ryou chided the brunette. "He's changed."

"At least you're not going with them," Joey indicated the two Maliks.

"You're not going with Duo," Tristan pointed out the duel monster.

"Enough of this," I intervened. "Not all of us know the location of the base so when you teleport there, head to Seto's mansion. My aibou and I should be heading there once we dropped off the rest of our group."

"Sounds like a plan to me," Seto said, standing up from the steps. "When do we start going?"

"Any time," I answered. Stepping back, I got a better view of the entire group. "Your groups can leave any time, you want to, but my group stays until Yugi wakes up."

"We understand," Ryou assured. "Our group will wait also."

"Then that leaves our group," Tristan commented. He sat back in his make shift chair.

"I guess we'll also stay," Malik said to the disappointment of his yami.

"What do we do in the mean time?" Joey asked. He appeared to be very bored. Then again, so does Celtic Guardian.

"How about dueling?" Seto suggested. He already had his hand on his deck.

"How about something else?" Bakura replied.

"Truth or dare, anyone?" Joey suggested.

"What's truth or dare?" Yami Malik asked, very suspiciously.

"I'd like to know that," Bakura asked, well more like demanded to know.

"What is it?" I also asked.

"One person starts it off," Joey explained. "He asks another person truth or dare. That person has to choose from either one. If he picks truth, he has to answer the question truthfully. If he picks dare, he has to do whatever the person asks him to do. Each of us has to have a turn before we do a second round. Get it?"

"I think so," I guessed.

"Good then I'll start," Joey said before anyone could take it. "I chose Malik."

Malik grumbled something in Egyptian about getting pulled into these kinds of games. "I chose dare." I guess he didn't want to look like a wuss.

"I dare you to kiss your yami," Joey smirked. "And I'm not talking just a little peck on the check. I'm talking full on the lips for thirty seconds."

"There's no way I'm kissing my hikari!" Yami Malik growled. He was about to storm towards the unlucky blonde when he was held back by his other half, who looked him deeply in his eyes. Bending down, Yami Malik's lips touched his lighter side. They soon deepened that kiss.

I looked down on my aibou's watch and started timing it. Ten seconds had passed. Then twenty seconds, followed by thirty. They had reached forty seconds. Hey, they were only supposed to kiss for thirty seconds.

"What are you two going for?" Joey said. "The world's longest kiss?"

Upon hearing that, they broke apart. "My turn," Malik smiled as he looked around the room for his victim. Since he couldn't choose Joey, he opted for the next one. "Bakura, truth or dare?"

"Why did he have to pick me?" Bakura groaned. "I pick dare."

"I dare you to hit on Yami Yugi throughout the game," Malik grinned evilly.

"NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!" Bakura screamed his head off. "Out of all the dares, you had to do that!"

"At least you don't have to kiss him," Ryou tried to calm his darker half.

"Fine then," Bakura said, while sitting down next to me. "I chose Seto Kaiba."

Seto growled before answering, "Dare."

"I dare you to sing `Oops I did it Again' in your underwear," Yami Bakura laughed.

"That's a good one," Joey high fived Bakura.

"No way!" Seto screeched.

"I had to kiss my yami!" Malik said.

"Be that way," Seto began to strip down to his boxers. He then sang the entire song before putting back his clothes.

Needless to say Joey, Tristan, both Bakuras, both Maliks, and myself were on the floor laughing our heads off at the billionaire.

"Be careful," Seto smirked evilly. "Some of you haven't gone yet."

This caught our attention. He was right. Only Malik and Bakura had gone. The rest of us can be picked so we shouldn't aggravate him further.

"I chose you," Seto pointed straight at me. I gulped when he picked me.

"Dare," I said, trying to not regret my decision.

"I dare you to dress in a Funny Bunny outfit," Seto laughed out loud.

"I don't have one," I smirked only to remove just as quickly. "Don't tell me you have one?"

"Pegasus has one stashed away here," Seto handed me the outfit.

I grumbled and stormed away to a place to change. Once in this outfit, I stormed back out to the laughter of everyone. "Yami Malik, truth or dare," I asked.

"You look dashing in that outfit," Pegasus commented.

"Shut up!" I growled at him.

"I pick dare," Yami Malik said, knowing that he wouldn't get a good one, but he didn't want to look like a wimp in front of everyone.

"I dare you to be nice to everyone for the rest of the day," now it was my time to smirk.

"Ugh, fine! Pegasus truth or dare."

"Dare," Pegasus answered.

"I dare you wear that dress," Yami Malik said while eyeing the dress hanging in the corner of the closet. It had pink laces with a white background.

"Okay," Pegasus said, nervously before getting up and leaving with the dress in hand. In less than a few minutes, he arrived dressed in it. "Ryou, truth or dare."

"Ehehehehehe," Ryou laughed nervously. "I pick truth."

"Don't be such a wuss," his yami scolded him.

"Uh, dare?"

"I dare you to put these bows in your yami's hair," Pegasus said while holding up an assortment of brightly colored bows. He handed them over to the white haired boy.

Ryou was now arranging the bows in his yami's hair. Bakura tried to bolt out of the room, but Malik and his yami held down the soul stealer. They had to go through with theirs so he had to with this, even though he wasn't the one who was dared. The rest of us were laughing so hard. After some time, he finally placed the last bow into his darker half's hair. "Truth or dare, Tristan."

"Dare."

"I dare you to imitate a Kuriboh for the rest of the day," Ryou smiled at him.

Tristan's eyebrow twitched. "Kuriboh?"

"Unless you want to be the Magician of Faith or the Dark Magician Girl," he said.

"I guess so. Joey, truth or dare."

"Dare," Joey said, a little too enthusiastically.

"I dare you to French kiss Seto!"

"WHAT!!!"

"You have got to be kidding!!" Seto practically screamed at Tristan.

"This should be good," Bakura laughed.

"I know," Yami Malik smirked.

As much as I'd like to see this, I had pity on the poor blonde. He had been through so much, but oh well, it's all for fun.

Joey stood up to the young billionaire and pressed his lips against his. They both fought for control when Seto dominated Joey. Did I imagine it or did Joey just moan? I looked over to our Celtic Guardian, who was struggling to keep his laughter in.

Suddenly, I felt something move in my arms. My aibou was waking up. Ignoring the others, I gently lifted him up. How badly I wanted to reprimand him, but as soon as I gazed into those amethyst eyes of his, I instantly changed my mind.

//Aibou, why did you………// My mental thought trailed off.

/Why did I fight them alone? I fought them, because I didn't want to you be hurt./

//You could have been killed.//

/They were after me so I had to do something. I couldn't live with the knowledge of it./

//I could have lost you.// Tears threatened to fall from my eyes.

/Please, don't cry./

//I thought I had nearly lost you again.//

/I'm still here./

//I don't know what I would do if I lost you.//

/I promise I won't do it again./

I held him closer to me. His warmth heated the both of us.

/Yami?/

//Yes?//

/I love you./

//As do I.// I cupped his face and moved it in the direction of mine. Bending down, I pressed my lips against his. I deepened our kiss when he responded to mine. As I was about to play with his tongue, I noticed the others staring at us so I broke our kiss.

"Enjoying ourselves?" Yami Malik teased me.

"Shut up!" I yelled at him.

"Yami," a soft voice called my attention.

"What is it?" I asked him, with a more gentle voice.

"Do we have anything to eat?"

I could have face faulted, except I was still holding onto my aibou. He was starting to act like Joey. "We have some left over food." I motioned for our duel monster to get them.

While my light ate, I filled him on the details of our plan. We hadn't planned much except for making time for him to recover. Afterwards, we were going to look for Isis and Shadi, since they both held millennium items.