Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Meeting My Yami ❯ Returning Home ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wingzero: Hey! Gomen, Gomen, Gomen. I couldn't think of anything to write.

Seto: As if.

Wingzero: *pulls out her trusty frying pan of doom and chases Seto*

Seto: AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Wingzero: HOW DARE YOU MOCK ME!!!!

Ray: *walks in* What's going on?

Yugi: *watches the scene* Seto insulted Wingzero and she started chasing him.

Ray: She had her coffee this morning.

Yami: I would have never guessed.

Seto: *hides behind Ray*

Wingzero: *runs up to Ray and gives him the puppy dog eyes*

Ray: *steps aside*

Seto: Uh… help?

Wingzero: *whacks Seto*

Seto: @_@

^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^Malik's POV^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^

By the time Yugi was up to performing the task, half the day had already gone by. My yami was impatiently waiting for the others. Joey took his time getting ready to leave. Needless to say, his Flame Swordsman just slowed things down. I think he was being overly protective of his master, but that was just me. Duo, on the other hand, made it nearly impossible for Ryou and his yami to get ready. I kind of felt pity for those two. They had that annoying duel monster to deal with. Yami said that his group would be the last to leave.

"Hurry up!" my yami yelled at the poor blonde. Joey rushed to pack his belongings, but his duel monster made it a little harder.

I placed my hand on him. "He's going as fast as he can." I don't know why I stuck up for him, but this time I was different. In the past, I had been more like Yugi, but ever since I received this millennium item, I have changed. I don't know whether I should stay the same or revert back to my old self.

"Sure," my yami scowled before pacing back and forth in the room. I can tell he wanted to go right now. The attack had shaken him up more than he knows.

"DUO!!!" Joey yelled at the annoying duel monster.

What did he do this time? I glanced over my shoulder to find the contents of Joey's backpack scattered all over the ground. The Change of Hearts looked sheepishly at everyone, then started arguing with itself.

We have to do something about that duel monster. I know I am on the verge of killing it. Seeing the look in Joey's eyes, I knew that he had the same feeling as me. My yami seethed at the duel monster, because it meant he would have to wait for Joey to pick up his belongings. I sighed. This was going to be a long day.

"What happened this time?" Yami asked us, when he had heard the screaming, especially my yami. He was cursing Duo in Egyptian.

"Duo managed to knock Joey's backpack out of his hands or something like that," I said shrugging. "I didn't see it actually happen."

Yami raised his eyebrow at the scene. "I should probably get him as far away as possible from your yami."

"That would be nice," I said thoughtfully. He wouldn't be here to give me a migraine and at the same time, my yami wouldn't be on the verge of killing the duel monster. Maybe Joey will be able to finish packing in peace.

//I.Am.Going.To.Kill.Him.// My yami emphasized each word.

/If you mean Duo, Yami volunteered to take him off of our hands./ I hoped this would calm down my darker half so that Yami could leave with the duel monster in one piece.

//He is???//

/Yes, take a look./

Ishtar broke our connection and looked over towards the duel monster. As I had said, Yami was dragging the reluctant duel monster out. Duo had decided to be a pain. Surprisingly both of them were putting up a fight. I was shocked that they were working together. Normally, they argued all the time.

"Come on!!" Yami yelled at them, while trying to pull them towards their masters.

"No!!" Both sides screamed in return. He clung harder to a fixture attached to the wall.

This was going to take some time. However, it allowed Joey to pack his belongings in peace at the cost of our sanity. This scene looked completely ridiculous. I had to hold my laugher in check. Getting up, I strolled over in the direction of Yami.

"Let go!!" Yami commanded the duel monster.

"NO!!" They protested and held on tighter.

"Need some help?" I asked Yami. He appeared to need help desperately.

He turned his head towards me. "That would be nice." In which, Duo stuck out his tongue at us.

Fine, if he wants to play that way, two can play that game. I reached out with both my hands and started tickling the Change of Hearts, hoping he had a ticklish spot on him. Sure enough, he started laughing. While he was laughing, he tried his best to keep a hold on the fixture. Yami once again raised an eyebrow at my tactics. Soon, Duo had released his hold, causing Yami to fly backwards. He had landed on Yugi's darker half, laughing his head off.

Yami glared at me. What? I helped him. He sighed and pushed the duel monster off of him. "He's stronger than he looks." With that he hauled the protesting duel monster on his shoulder and walked off. Well, he stalked off.

"I'm ready," Joey chirped. His duel monster hadn't left his master's side, since the initial attack. Well, I should say the first one in this castle.

"It's about time!" Ishtar exclaimed.

"Where's Duo?" Joey asked, while scanning the entire room.

"You mean you didn't see Yami trying to drag Duo out?!?" I gasped. My yami snorted.

"I was kind of busy to notice," Joey admitted. He was still searching the room.

"Why would you want to be in company with that!" Ishtar scowled.

"I don't," Joey returned. "It's just that …….. I'm concerned for my best friend's sanity."

"Yugi?" I asked. Since I had known them, they had this close bond. I knew Yugi could handle that duel monster. Who could be that patient with this group without losing their minds, not to mention sanity.

"Naw, I'm not worried about him," Joey informed us. "Tristan, he isn't exactly Mr. Patient. I know both of them."

"Oh," I said.

"Let's go," Ishtar said impatiently.

Orion and Joey stood opposite of us. I grabbed onto Joey's hand while Ishtar held onto the Flame Swordsman. This required contact so we had to hold onto each other. My yami didn't want to hold Joey's hand so I had to step in. I told him that I would and he would have to hold onto Orion's hand. He didn't mind it.

In a flash we were standing outside our former apartment. What? It was the only place I could think of. We had moved to Japan for about a year, but that was awhile ago. Isis had been asked by her employer if she could oversee a museum here. So we packed up and moved. I didn't like it, because I missed my friends back at home, though we moved back the following year.

"We should be going," Joey said. He didn't want to provoke my yami by loitering around this place. As much as I would like to look around, I figured it would be in everybody's best interest to be moving along.

Orion fell into step behind his master. We soon followed after them. I know the area a little, because I had to go to school and run a few errands. Isis sometimes was running late or she had come home late. She asked me if I could run and get a few things. I don't mind it, because I know she was trying her hardest to keep me in her custody.

"Which way do we go?" I asked Joey, hoping that he had been to this part of town.

"I don't know," the unlucky blonde answered.

"What do you mean you don't know!!" Ishtar yelled at Joey. He almost leaped and strangled him, but I had grabbed onto my darker half's waist.

"I've never been to this part of town!!" Joey said, trying to keep his temper in check. He didn't want to say anything to offend my yami.

Orion had leapt in between my yami and his master, when he sensed the danger. He had his sword out of his scabbard and aimed at Ishtar.

"Don't worry master," Orion assured his master. He had taken a defensive position.

"This is getting us nowhere," I mentioned to everyone.

"You're right," Joey agreed with me. "How long have you lived here?"

"A year," I answered. "My sister had moved here to help with a museum."

"Oh," Joey said while my yami was still fuming. "Maybe if you can find your way to some place I know, I can take over from there!"

Maybe he wasn't as dense as I had originally thought. "That sounds like a great idea."

Ishtar had stopped struggling against my grip on him. "Fine!"

I decided to walk towards the school I used to attend. The others followed behind me. As we walked down the street, people stared at us. What? Haven't they seen twins before? Wait a second, we had a real duel monster with us. Why didn't any of us bother disguising him before we left? Oh yeah, we were too busy with Duo to even think about it. One of these days, that duel monster is going to get it.

"What's their problem?" Joey growled at the people staring at us. He gave a few people glare as they watched us.

"Isn't it obvious?" Ishtar scowled at Joey's ignorance.

"What did I say?" Joey asked.

"It wasn't his fault," I said in his defense. "We were busy dealing with Duo to even notice or remember."

Realization finally dawned on him. "Just great."

"I know the feeling," I sighed as we crossed another street.

Cars slowed down so that they could get a better look at Joey's duel monster. Haven't they had seen a Flame Swordsman before? I guess not.

"Watch where you're going, punk!" I glanced at the person I had accidentally bumped.

He appeared to be in his mid to late twenties. From the looks of it, he must be hitting the gym, because he has muscles, and I do mean muscles. His expression showed anger. People were bound to bump into each other on a crowded street. Since Joey and his duel monster walked further behind us, we were in the crowded portion. What was his problem? Obviously, he had some sort of fight or anger management problem.

"Sorry," I said quickly before hurrying after my yami.

As soon as I caught up with him, the man I bumped into pulled me aside. "You'll be sorry, you little punk."

I honestly tried to fight back, but he had me pinned. It didn't help that he was much stronger than me. Even though I am strong, I wasn't even a match for him. Squirming around, I hoped he would loosen his grip on me. Instead he tightened his grip on me.

/YAMI!!!/

//Coming.//

"You'll be sorry you ever touched my hikari," Ishtar warned the man.

"Yeah right," the man scowled. "What can a little punk like you can do against me? Kick my shins?" He continued taunting my yami.

"You don't know what you're messing with," my yami grinned evilly. He had this glint in his eyes, telling me that he had something on his mind.

"Ooh, I'm scared," the guy mocked my yami. Bad move.

My darker half pulled out his millennium rod and pointed it directly at the man. The man laughed as he caught sight of the rod, but it soon stopped, when the millennium rod transformed into a blade.

He released his grip on me and backed off. "How did you do that?" His eyes were wide open as he took in the situation.

"That's for me to know, and for you to find out," Ishtar now turned the tide on the man.

Using the power of the millennium rod, he commanded the man. "You will go back to your home and streak in front of your neighbors."

"I will go back home and streak in front of my neighbors," the man said in a deadpan voice. He turned and walked back the way he came from.

"Are you okay?" Ishtar surprised me with his concern.

"I'm just a little shaken," I assured him. Where's Joey? "We should find Joey and Orion before they get into trouble."

"Knowing them, I know they will definitely get into trouble," Ishtar agreed with me.

Ishtar followed closely behind me. We weaved through the crowds until we ran into a large gathering. Apparently, Joey and Orion had attracted more attention than they had bargained for. The crowd stared at the duel monster, who shifted uncomfortably under all the attention.

As we broke through the crowd, to the crowd's dismay, Joey grabbed his duel monster's wrist and pulled him in our direction. "Let's go."

I couldn't argue with that, not even my yami could either. Joey ran off in a direction with us trailing behind him. I wish that we could use our millennium rods and make them go away, but there were too many of them. I don't think we could do it after teleporting here.

"Great where are we?" Ishtar scowled at Joey for getting us lost.

"I don't know," Joey said.

"Let's just deal with our situation," I suggested. I didn't want to get into another fight. After having to deal with Duo, I really didn't need another migraine.

"Sure," Joey quickly agreed with me as we wandered around.

We had been wandering around the streets for about one or two hours. I don't know. None of us had worn a watch. My yami was unfamiliar with our time keeping so he used the sun to track how long we had taken, but his way of measuring time was different from our modern one.

As we walked along the streets, people kept staring at us, though it didn't bother us this time. We were used to it by now. Don't they know it is impolite to stare? Guess not. Some of the younger children ran up to us, asking for photos with the Flame Swordsman. Joey hated to disappoint them, but he couldn't risk them taking his picture or his duel monster's either. Just great. We were attracting more attention. That mean whoever was after the millennium items must know we're back here.

/I just had a thought./

//And that would be.// My yami thought sarcastically. He wasn't in a good mood after walking for this long.

/They know we're here./

//WHAT!!!//

/A little softer, please./ I rubbed my temples.

//Oops. They'll be bound to come here.//

/I know./

"Hey!" Joey yelled, interrupting our conversation.

"What!!" Ishtar yelled back at the blonde.

"I know this place," he returned before taking off like a rocket. Sheesh, what did he eat, rocket fuel for breakfast?

Memo to self, never let Joey have too much sugar or caffeine. It's dangerous to our health. Also another note, never allow Duo around sugar. He's already hyper enough without the help of the white confection.

By the time, Joey slowed down we had reached the Kaiba mansion. All of us were out of breath with the running we had to do. Not to mention, my yami and I had just used our magic, draining our energy.

"You're late," Yami scowled at us as we approached the building.

"Joey got us lost," Ishtar said, shoving Yami out of his way.

"Charming personality," Joey said sarcastically. He approached Yami, who still had a scowl on his face.

"You were on TV," he replied coolly.

"Oh no!" Joey groaned. His duel monster appeared to be confused.

"Has Ryou or Bakura arrived?" I asked out of curiosity.

"They arrived shortly after we did," Yami answered me while we walked to where the others were.

"The gang's all here," Tristan smiled at us.

"Yeah," a kid with black hair chirped from where he was sitting. A young girl with brown hair sat next to him with his older brother on his other side.

"Who's he?" she asked looking straight at me. She then noticed my yami. "I guess you must hold one of the millennium items."

"You think," Ishtar retorted.

"That was rude," I chided my yami, though I don't know what possess me to do it in the first place.

"Whatever," he replied before plopping down in a vacant chair.

"Don't mind him," I informed those two. "My name is Malik and he's my yami, Ishtar."

"Oh," she said. "My name is Tea."

"Mokuba," the kid answered with a huge grin plastered on his face.

"Now that we're all here, we're going to the secret location," Seto said before anyone could speak another word.

Suddenly, we heard the doorbell ring. Should we answer it? Mokuba shot right up and raced towards the window. He peered out, trying not to be discovered. Quickly, he ran over towards us with the news.

"There are reporters swarming the lawn," Mokuba informed us.

"Oh great," Yami groaned.

"We'll have to wait until night," I sighed. "No offense to the dragons, but they will stick out like sore thumbs."

The two Blue Eyes White Dragons didn't seem to be offended. Perhaps, they already knew they won't be able to hide during the day time.

"What should we do until then?" Tea asked the group.

"Truth or dare," Joey suggested again.

"No!" The yamis shouted back at the blonde.

"You're all wussies," I smart mouthed to them.

They glared at me. "Fine, we'll play," Ishtar growled at me.

"This time, our duel monster should join us," Tristan suggested while pulling his Cyber Commander into the group.

"I don't like the sound of this," Calin said uneasily.

"Neither do I," Mirai agreed with the elf warrior.

"Come on," Yugi begged the two of his duel monsters. "It's going to be fun."

Obviously, the two duel monsters had watched our little game. Since it was Yugi asking, as hard as they tried they couldn't say no to him. In the end, they joined our game. The problem was who should start. We finally decided on allowing Yugi to start the game, seeing as he saved us from that last attack. Now that I think about it, he also saved us from that weird person.

"I pick Mirai," Yugi smiled as he said his duel monster's name.

Mirai groaned as his name was called. "Truth."

Calin nudged his best friend. "Wimp."

"Fine then. I change my decision to dare."

"I dare you to ………………….