Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Melted ❯ Of tickle fights and accidental kisses ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Bah. I have one review between all three of my stories. Ah well. I don't care. I'm having fun writing.

"Melted"

Chapter 4: Of tickle fights and accidental kisses

Seto sat on one of the black leather couches of the living room, a cup of steaming warm cocoa held carefully in his hands. The burning liquid traveled down his throat, warming his cold limbs in the process.

He enjoyed the peaceful stillness, the silence giving him time to think by himself. That, of course, was interrupted by the sound of high pitched giggles and a crash coming from somewhere inside the large manor.

He sighed, hoping nothing was broken, but he wasn't terribly worried. It was worth the price just to fill this lonely place with laughter and some spirit. The quiet was good sometimes, but mirth and merriment was much more needed.

Setting his mug down on a nearby table, he silently strode to see what all the commotion was about.

===============================================================< /div>

Feminine laughter, followed by the slightly chiding voice. "No Mokuba, not like that!" More of the laughter that sounded like tinkling bells to his ears, setting a lazy smile in his hard-edged face.

Annoyed grumbling from a little boy. "Show me again, I'll be able to do it if you just show me once more." The voice said stubbornly, making Seto let out a small laugh. So much like me sometimes…

The girl let out a slightly exasperated sigh, but she threw her hands up in defeat. Seto leaned up against the doorway, hands in his pockets. (If leather pants even have pockets)

A touch of amusement could be seen in his normally cutting stare, as he watched Shizuka try to teach Mokuba how to build a medieval-style castle out of his long-unused legos. Her hands moved quickly and surely, her eyes concentrated on her task. With speed Seto couldn't even begin to fathom, she had the castle done within minutes.

Licking his lips and nodding his head, Mokuba narrowed his dark wine colored eyes, alit with a fire of determination. He slowly set about his task, being careful as to not make any mistakes.

He was about halfway there, when, a blue lego that was holding much of the castle together, decided to slip out and fall to the ground. Mokuba snarled in frustration, knocking over what little of his castle was left, glaring at the mess on his floor while his arms were crossed immaturely over his chest.

Seto laughed. What a temper he has. I wonder where he gets it from.

Shizuka turned her head when she heard the deep, rich laughter come from the doorway. An amused smile was on Seto's face, lighting his deep blue eyes, making them sparkle. Shizuka decided she liked that smile on him.

Mokuba noticed the appreciative look Shizuka gave his brother, and smiled a secret smile of his own. He wouldn't dare tell him this, but he sorely thought his brother needed a girlfriend. Everyone, no matter how prominent in business or not, deserves happiness.

"Having a bit of trouble dear brother?" He asked, laughter laced in his silky voice. Shizuka noticed for the first time just how silky it was, sending a shiver down her spine. Mokuba scoffed, turning his nose up at his brother in a superior gesture.

"Why I don't know what you're talking about, big brother. I meant to do that." Both Shizuka and Seto laughed at him, making the younger boy's face flush in both anger and embarrassment. "Hey! I did mean to do that! Quit laughing!"

Shizuka crawled predatorily on her knees to the little boy who was still spouting off at the mouth, and sneaked up behind him. Wiggling her fingers, she quickly pounced, remembering that Mokuba was quite ticklish.

His words stopped pouring out of his mouth, and a scream followed. His giggles filled the room as he rolled around on the floor, trying as hard as he could to get out the girl's grasp. Seto watched in amusement, sub-consciously covering his own stomach with his arms.

This didn't go unnoticed by Shizuka, who stopped her assault on the poor boy, who was left lying on his back, gasping and taking deep breaths of air. Seto raised his eyebrows in curiosity as Shizuka made her way to the older Kaiba, her calm face betraying nothing about what she was about to do.

He scooted back a bit as he noticed the feral gleam in her still-warm eyes, and began full-out running as she pounced like a wild cat. He felt like a little boy again. No, not again, because honestly, he didn't really remember any times as enjoyable as this.

He sprinted down the carpeted staircase, ignoring Mokuba's shouts to egg Shizuka on. She was surprisingly fast, gaining on him quickly. He was about to run into the kitchen, but realized he would be cornered there. He quickly skidded to a halt and ran towards the sliding glass doors in the living room.

In the garden. She won't be able to find you in the garden. His mind told him, encouraging him into the blistering cold, despite the fact he had no shoes or gloves on.

Apparently, Shizuka didn't mind either, because only after a few mere seconds that he was out those doors, she was quickly following, reveling in the chase and good fun. She felt like a wild lioness, chasing after her prey, but the question was, after she had caught him, what was she going to do with him?

Her brown eyes narrowed in focus, looking for the footprints he was sure to leave behind. Their footprints from the previous snowball fight had been replaced with fresh, fluffy snow, so it made it much easier for her to see he had gone left.

A pink tongue snaked out to trace lips dry from the cold, as they turned upwards into a feral smirk. Something changed within Shizuka, underneath all her good girl ways lies something untamed and primal, just waiting for the chance for someone to release it. She recognized Seto as a possibility to do just that.

Her feet made almost no sound as she quietly stalked him, eyeing the footprints with determined concentration. Rounding the corner of the trail, her tawny brown eyes narrowed in confusion. "Now where did he go…?"

The footprints just suddenly stopped. She highly doubted he had the time to find something to clean them up, and it was impossible he was in the air. What little Shizuka didn't know was, Seto was right behind her.

"Gotcha!" He yelled, wrapping his arms around her skinny waist. She yelped and jumped up in surprise, causing Seto to lose his balance. Teetering, he took Shizuka down with him as he tumbled down to the ground.

Shizuka had somehow managed to twist her body to face him during the way down, causing her lips to smack against his own when they hit the ground. Both luminous blue and spicy brown eyes widened in surprise, and neither dared move. The two faces flushed until Shizuka finally raised her body off of his.

Staring into his faintly glazed eyes with her own glossy, her slight hand moving to brush against her lips. Seto stared at her, afraid to move. She reminded him of a wary sparrow, prone to flight with the slightest provocation or wrong move.

"Shizuka…" He started to say, saddened and stopping in mid sentence when she turned and fled back to the mansion. Rushing past a confused Mokuba, she promptly locked herself in a large bathroom. Pressing her back flat against the door, her body slid slowly to the ground.

Her breathing had quickened and her face was still flushed, from the cold and the kiss. The kiss. She could still feel his warm, tender lips on her own. How she wished they could have stayed like that. She shook her head at the thought, her fiery brown hair flying about her face furiously.

Get a hold of yourself girl! You just met the man today! Besides, you've never let a man, no matter how pretty or cute, get to you. But boy, is he a pretty cutie…

Outside the room, Mokuba pressed his ear flat against the door, seeing if he could hear anything. He was wondering if his brother had done something to make her cry. Not hearing anything, he decided to go outside and ask Seto about it himself.

===============================================================< /div>

Why? Why did she run? Does she hate me now? I should have pulled away. Confused. I'm so confused.

Seto lay in the same spot, he hadn't moved at all. "Big brother!" Mokuba's voice cut through his thoughts, though, this time Seto was grateful. He moved his head towards the direction he heard Mokuba's voice, the first movement made by him for a while.

"Big brother!" Mokuba said chidingly, hands planted on his hips as he tapped his foot. He looked funny to Seto, for Seto was looking up at him, making Mokuba look like he was upside down.

"What?" He asked flatly. "What did you do to Shizuka?" The little one demanded.

"I didn't do anything." Flat again. Mokuba's brow creased in confusion at his brother's answer and sudden total lack of emotion. "You didn't do anything." Mokuba repeated, as if testing the words out. Seto nodded, still not bothering to get up. Mokuba sighed. "You've only known her one day, and your heart is already broken." He grumbled, walking back the mansion. Seto raised his chocolate brow. Now just what did he mean by that?

* End chapter *

So, how did ya like it? (That is, if anyone's reading…)