Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Memories Long Forgotten, Now Regained ❯ Why? ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 

Roy24: Hi guys! Welcome to my first story! Hope you like it! It's a Seto/Tea pairing! : )

Kurayami: It's crap

Roy24: Nobody asked you! *whacks Kurayami over head with a mallet*

Kura: Hey! What was that for!?!?!?!

Roy24: No insulting the story!

Inu Yasha: He's right, you know.

Kagome: SIT BOY! It's not! Just because it's not about us doesn't mean that it's crap!

Inu Yasha: Oi! Wretch! What was that for?!

Kagome: For insulting the story!

Yu-Gi-Oh gang: *sweatdrops*

Yugi: Hey guys, why are they here? Isn't this our story?

Kaiba: Your story? It's not YOUR story. It's mine and Tea's story, so butt out!

Tea: Seto, if you want to go out with me, then you have to be nice to my friends, got it!?

Kaiba: Yes, sir… err…ma'am

Roy24: hey, someone do the disclaimer now!

Everybody: Awww!!!! Why!?!?!?!?!?

Roy24: `Cuz I said so! And I don't wanna be sued….

Tea: Hey! How about we just draw straws? Wouldn't that work?

Roy24: Yeah! That's a perfect idea! *cuts straws and hands them out* Okay, who got the smallest straw?

Everybody: *shows straws*

Kura: hey, where's the smallest straw at?

Kagome: Uh… I think Sesshou got it….

Sesshoumaru: You mean this, human? *holds up straw*

Kagome: Yes! And don't call me human! The name's Kagome! KA-GO-ME!*whispers* Roy24, why'd you hafta pair me up with this lunk of ice?

Roy24: *whispers* stop complaining. He may be a lunk of ice, but he's certainly better looking than Inu Yasha, right?

Kagome:*whispers* well…. I guess he IS better looking*blushes*

Roy24: *whispers* see, I told you so. *has a smug look on her face*

Everybody else: *annoyed* well?!?!? Say the disclaimer now!

Sesshoumaru: fine! Roy24 doesn't own Yu-Gi-Oh or any of its characters, if she did, Tea and Kaiba would fall in love, don't know why them though….

Roy24: Yeah…thanks….I guess… I think….

Kura: Anywho… on with the story!

 

(AN: This is going to be a major time change story. As in, for the first few chapters is going to be at the orphanage then it'll skip until Tea and Seto meet again in high school, okay? Later on, everything about Seto's adoption will be revealed if you are wondering that.)

 

Okay, NOW onto the story!

 

 

Chapter 1: Why?

 

"No Mommy! Don't leave me! Mommy! I don't want a little brother if I have to lose you!" Six year old Seto Yamagata screamed as he was taken out of the hospital room, "Mommy!"

 

"Shhh. Seto, it'll be okay. I may be gone, but you still have your little brother and your father. Everything will be just fine, don't worry. Every. Thing. Will. Be. Fine. Be. Strong. Seto." BEEEPP!!

 

"I'm sorry sir, but your wife, Mrs. Yamagata, has just flat-lined. Once again, I'm very sorry." The doctor, Mr. Yohiko, said as he bowed respectfully to Mr. Yamagata.

 

Come on, Seto. Let's go. There's nothing we can do now," Mr. Yamagata said as he walked, hand-in-hand, with Seto to their car, "we'll pick up your new brother tomorrow, okay?"

 

"I don't want a little brother. All I want is Mommy." Seto said as he started to cry again.

 

"Don't say that, Seto. It might be fun having a little brother." He said as he unlocked the door to their car.

 

"Sure, Daddy. But I still don't want a little brother." Seto said as he got in the back seat, still sniffling.

 

***The Next Day***

 

"C'mon Seto! It's time to pick up Mokuba now!"

 

`Mokuba, hmmm… why were you born? Why'd you have to kill Mommy?' Seto Thought, as he remembered where that name came from.

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*Flashback*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

Five year old Seto was happily playing with his mother and father in the field behind their house.

 

"Mommy, if I have a little brother, could we call him Mokuba? Huh, Mom?" asked an anxious Seto.

 

"Sure Seto. Why Mokuba though?"

 

"Because it's my favoritist character of one of my favoritist shows, that's why!"

 

"Okay Seto, we'll call him Mokuba." His dad laughed, glancing at his smiling wife, as he carried Seto back to their house.

 

*~*~*~*~*~*End Flashback*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

"C'mon Seto! We don't have all day!"

 

"But I don't wanna go!"

 

"Awww! Seto! Please! We hafta go now!"

 

"NO! I don't wanna go!" Seto yelled as he started to cry.

 

"Argh! Fine! Stay here for all I care! Let me just tell you this! When I get home with Mokuba, you're going to be in big trouble young man!" Mr. Yamagata yelled as stole a knowing glance to Seto as he left Seto alone in his room.

 

"No! Daddy wait! Don't leave yet!" Seto yelled as he ran out of his room, a few minutes later, to the garage door, which was left wide open.

 

As Seto ran out the door to try and catch up to his father's car, he heard a sickening crash right in front of their large suburban home. Seto hesitantly walked out of the garage and almost threw-up at what he saw. His father's car was completely bashed in on the driver's side by a bright blue Chevy wrangler. Mr. Yamagata, partially in and out of their black mustang, was struggling to stay in consciousness.

 

"Daddy! Are you okay?! Daddy!" Seto yelled as he ran to the crash site.

 

"S-Seto. I guess I couldn't get Mokuba, eh?" Mr. Yamagata chuckled painfully. "I was looking forward to seeing him t-today."

 

"Don't talk, Daddy!" Seto yelled to him. "Someone help! My Daddy's gonna die! Help!"

 

The last thing Seto saw before he fainted was the flashing of an ambulance when everything went black.

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*

 

"Poor child, he's too young to bear the weight of death on his shoulders."

 

`Who are they talking about? Where am I?' Seto thought as he started to regain consciousness.

 

"Yes, I know. No-one should have to face two deaths and have to take care of their younger sibling at such a young age."

 

`What are they talking about?' Seto thought, as he lay as still as he could.

 

"Poor child, mother died at the birthing of the boy's younger brother and their father died in a violence car crash."

 

`W-what?! Dead!? NO! Daddy can't be dead!' "He can't be dead!" Seto yelled, but blushed and quickly covered his mouth.

 

"You were awake this whole time child?" one voice softly asked him.

 

"Yes! He can't be dead! Daddy mustn't be dead!" Seto yelled as he started to cry.

 

"I'm sorry, young `un, but he is. His last words were, `Tell him to never leave his brother,' I assumed he was talking about you." The other person told him.

 

"Well," he sniffled, but stopped crying, "For Daddy, I'll be shure to w-watch M-Mokuba. I must."

 

"You are a strong little boy. What's your name?"

 

"It's Seto Yama…Yama…Yamagata." Seto said with a smile blossoming on his face. "Daddy said that I'm a smart little boy for my age."

 

"Yes you are, Seto. I don't know many children your age that can hold a conversation with an adult with the adult fully understanding WHAT the child is trying to tell them." That comment only made Seto's smile LARGER.

 

"Thank you!"

 

"You're wel-"

 

"Doctor! I have news about the two boys!" A nurse interrupted her, breathing heavily.

 

"Well?" The doctor and, who someone Seto assumed was another nurse, asked, quite impatiently.

 

"Well, they'll have to go to an orphanage. The worst part is, they might have to go to separate orphanages! They wouldn't even be together!" The nurse said as she lowered her head. "I think they deserve to be with each other, don't you Doctor? How about you, Lisa?"

 

"Hmmm…" Lisa said after a while, "I think that they should be allowed to stay with each other."

 

"Good, how about you, Doctor?" The nurse said as she and Lisa turned to the doctor.

 

"Well," The Doctor said finally, "I guess we'll hafta find an orphanage that allows young `uns like these two, eh?"

 

"Really!? You mean it?! I mean… that's great!" The nurse said, practically smiling from ear to ear.

 

"Yup, I mean it. Now let's get going on our search!"

 

"Yeah!" Lisa and the other nurse yelled enthusiastically.

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*That Night*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

`Damn, we've looked through enough orphanages to fill with every kid in this part of Tokyo and not found a single one who'll accept a new born baby and a 6 year old boy!' Lisa thought as she called another, as she thought, unsuccessful orphanage. "Hello? Yes, I'm wondering, would your orphanage be interesting in housing a new born baby and a 6 year old boy? No room? Hmm…okay, thanks anyway."

 

"No luck yet, eh Lisa?" A nurse said as Lisa hung up the phone with a sigh.

 

"Nope. None as of yet." `And it's really getting on my nerves!' Lisa said.

 

"Tch. At this rate we'll never find an orphanage that has room for those two!"

 

"Come on, ladies! Don't look so down! I'm sure we'll find an orphanage!" Lisa and the nurse turned to see…the doctor…with a social helper behind her.

 

"Why's she here, huh Shelly?" Lisa asked, glaring at the social helper. "Thought we couldn't do it on our own, did you?"

 

"Lisa! It's not like that! It's just; I think with her help, the process would speed up quite a bit! That's all!" Shelly said sheepishly. 'Well, actually it is. But can't tell her that, now can I?'

 

"Lisa! Shelly! Look at what I found!" The nurse said as she motioned them to look at her laptop screen. "It says "Happy Family Daycare" has an orphanage that welcomes every child, whether they're full or not!"

 

"See! I told you we didn't need her to help us!" Lisa said, as she pointed to the social worker.

 

"I guess you really didn't need her, huh? But since she's here, why don't we let her talk to the daycare for us?" `Man, she told me off, didn't she?' Shelly said, sweatdropping

 

"Sure, whatever. It doesn't matter to me, as long as the two boys get in an orphanage, who cares how, right?"

 

"Yeah, as long as they do." Shelly said to Lisa, "So, Mrs. Kamiko, get to work and call the daycare for us!"

 

"Yes Ma'am!" Mrs. Kamiko said as she practically ran to the phone. "Okay, 791-4265 is their phone number."

 

"Well then, dial!" Both nurses and doctor yelled at her.

 

"I am!" She yelled back. "Yes, hello? I'm wondering, would you consider housing a new born baby and a six year old boy in your residence? You would?! Okay, that's great! Thanks for the help! Bye!"

 

"Well, what did they say?!"

 

"They said to bring them over tomorrow at around 7:00a.m. so they can be introduced to the other residence of the orphanage!" Mrs. Kamiko said, enthusiastically.

 

"That's great! Until tomorrow then!"

*~*~*~*~*the Next Day*~*~*~*~*

 

"You ready Seto?" Shelly asked as she went into Seto's temporary room.

 

"Yup, almost anyway." Seto said as he put some of his clothes in a suitcase.

 

"Okay, it's 6:34, be ready and outside by 6:40, by then, it'll give us 20 minutes to get to the orphanage." Shelly said as she walked out of his room to check up on Mokuba.

 

*~*~*~*~*6:40 outside*~*~*~*~*

 

"Seto! I thought I told you to be out here by this time! Where are you!?!?" Shelly yelled, not finding Seto anywhere in sight.

 

"Shelly! Help me! This bag weighs too much!" Seto yelled from the inside of his room.

 

"Just a sec Seto!" Shelly turned to Lisa who just walked out of her part of the building. "Lisa! Watch Mokuba while I help Seto with his things, okay?"

 

"Sure, Shelly." Lisa said as she watched Shelly take off. "I only wish if you would stay to hear what I say whenever you do this…"

 

*~*~*~*~*Inside*~*~*~*~*

 

"Seto! Hurry up! We'll be late!" Shelly yelled as she ran into Seto's temporary room.

 

"But Shelly! This bag's too heavy! I can't lift it!" Seto replied as he tried to lift his bag so as to prove his point.

 

"Fine, I'll help you with that." Shelly said as she lifted his bag onto her back. "Okay, let's go now."

 

*~*~*~*~*Outside Walkway*~*~*~*~*

 

As they walked out of the building, they noticed that Lisa and Mokuba were gone and a paper pinned to a pole in front of the building.

 

"Let's see…'Shelly, went ahead with Mokuba. You can catch up when done with Seto. Lisa'. Well that's nice; she didn't even wait for us. Come on, Seto. Let's catch up with the loser and your brother." Shelly said as she started to walk towards the orphanage. "Know something, Seto? I'll really miss you and your brother when you get adopted."

 

"Don't worry Shelly; I won't ever forget you when we get adopted together." Seto said as he caught up with Shelly's fast pace.

 

*~*~*~*~*Orphanage*~*~*~*~*

 

"Ahhh…yes, our new residents are here, Mrs. Chiko. Let's go greet them everybody!" Mr. Taisaku said as he motioned for the children to follow him.

 

As they left the building, Seto and Shelly, who caught up with Lisa and Mokuba, were racing to see who would reach the orphanage first. Seto won, of course with Shelly letting him win.

 

"Hi! Welcome to our orphanage! I'm Mr. Taisaku and this is Mrs. Chiko. We're the caretakers of the children." Mr. Taisaku said as he stretched out his hand to shake Lisa's and Shelly's outstretched hands.

 

"Thanks; these two are Seto, the six year old, and his new born brother, Mokuba. I'm Shelly and this is Lisa. Nice to meet you!" Shelly said as she shook his hand.

 

"Hey there Seto. I'm sure that you'll find plenty of friends while you're here." Mr. Taisaku said as he leaned down to shake Seto's hand.

 

"Thank you. I hope I will meet some nice people here." Seto said in a shy voice.

 

"Hi! I'm Tea Johnson! Wanna be my friend?" A girl, about his age Seto assumed, asked him, quite enthusiastically.

 

"Sure Tea!" Seto said with a smile.

 

"Well, this is where we'll be leaving you, Seto. Hope you have fun here!" Shelly said as she bent down to hug Seto, who slightly blushed at the contact.

 

"Yeah, you be good Seto! Don't forget about your promise that you made to your dad before he died, okay? Keep Mokuba safe!" Lisa said as she too bent down to hug Seto.

 

"Thank you for letting us stay with you guys. I'll miss you." Seto said as Lisa quit hugging him.

 

"Here, hold your little brother, okay Seto?" Lisa said as she handed Mokuba to Seto very carefully. "Be sure to not drop him, okay?"

 

"I won't." Seto said as he tightly held onto Mokuba.

 

"Well, I guess this is goodbye, Seto." Shelly said as she turned to leave. "See ya Seto, Mokuba. Nice meeting you Mr. Taisaku and Mrs. Chiko. Take good care of them!"

 

"Bye Seto! Bye Mokuba!" Lisa yelled as she started to also leave.

 

"Bye you guys!" Seto said as he waved to them. `Well, I guess this is it. Just me, Mokuba, and the orphanage now.' Seto thought as he turned to walk to the orphanage.