Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Millennium Dark ❯ 00 - Prologue 02 - Misao's Beginning ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Apologies to Mokoto! I kept spelling his name Motoko instead of Mokoto! Gomen nasai Koko-koi-kun!
 
Millennium Dark
 
Prologue 02 - Misao's Beginning
 
A happy little seven year old with sleek white hair and crimson eyes laughed as he ran home, his step-mother chasing him. It was his birthday and he couldn't wait to get home and open his presents, like a normal seven year old kid would so.
 
“Woo!” He cheered as he dashed into the lounge and spied the mountain of presents by the TV. Not all of them were from his parents, most were from his friends at school and their parents, and friends of his parents, and friends of relatives he hardly knew. But all of that was lost to him as he dive-bombed the mountain and grabbed the biggest present at the back. “Cool! A bike!” He cheered once again, before abandoning the bike and searching for another present to open.
 
“Now, now, Mokoto. Don't get too excited.”
 
It took him a while to open all of his presents, but Mokoto was pleased with each of them. He had finally gotten to the last one.
 
He grasped the last one. It was a small box with gold wrapping paper. “Oooo, shiny!” Little Mokoto squealed, ripping the paper off to reveal a box. Upon opening it, he gasped as the sight of a gold dagger.
 
The handle was gold, as well as the blade. And upon the handle was engraved the Eye of Horus.
 
“Guess what, `Koto.” His mum said, kneeling to his level, “Me and dad want you to kill things with this, okay?”
 
“Okay!” Mokoto said brightly, before racing out of the front door.
 
-
 
Little Mokoto hummed happily as he walked down the street, looking for an easy target.
 
“Helloooooooo, little boooy.” A foul cheesy stench drifted out of a nearby ally, and Mokoto was suddenly dragged off the street and into a cheesy smelling mans clutches. The white haired boy kicked out, and tried to stab his attacker.
 
“Doooon't be afraaaaaaaid.” The cheesy man said, “Just have some cheeeeeese.”
 
“No! No! I no like cheese!” Mokoto screamed, trying to stab the man again.
 
He managed to get a hit in the man's arm, and he was quickly released. The crimson-eyed boy ran down the ally, away from the cheesy man.
 
Unfortunately the man followed, moaning “Cooooooome baaaaaaack.”
 
Little Mokoto hit a dead end, and so he tried to clamber up the wall. However the white-haired tyke was never a good climber and was soon caught up with.
 
“Nooo! Leave me alone!” Mokoto screamed, clutching the dagger in front of him as if it was act as a shield.
 
The man got closer, his foul hand stretching out to grab the child.
 
Suddenly there was a great flash of blinding white light, and both present found them selves stunned momentarily!
 
The light faded as quickly as it came,
 
Mokoto gasped at what stood before him.
 
Someone with long black hair and pale skin dressed in robes stood in front of him, glaring and snarling slightly at the cheesy man.
 
“Leave.” They ordered.
 
“Nooooo.” The cheese man rasped.
 
“Then die.” Was all the pale person said before launching themselves at him.
 
It was all over in under a minute.
 
Upon turning around, Mokoto could clearly see that the person who had saved him was in fact a girl, perhaps no older than 17.
 
“Thank you.” She said.
 
“For what?” Mokoto asked, walking ever-so-slightly closer.
 
“For freeing me.” The black-haired girl replied, her crimson eyes staring into Mokoto's own. “I was imprisoned in that dagger for so long. Thank you for freeing me.”
 
“Who are you?” Mokoto asked, brushing his shoulder-length white hair out of his eyes for a better look at the taller girl.
 
The girl thought, and for a moment her eyes clouded over with sadness. “I… don't remember.” She admitted.
 
“Misao.”
 
“Huh?” The girl was confused.
 
“I'll call you Misao!” Mokoto smiled. “It's a cool name.”
 
“Yeah.” The newly dubbed `Misao' smiled. “Yes it is, hikari.”
 
“What's a hikari?” Mokoto asked, cocking his head to the side, cutely.
 
“It means you're my lighter side, my better half.” Misao explained, still towering over the boy.
 
“So that means you're my yami, right?” The short youth giggled.
 
“It does.” Misao said, the grinned. “Here.” She suddenly pinned Mokoto against her, lifting his head up and opening his mouth, before holding the blood-drenched dagger just over his tongue, letting the blood slide off into his mouth.
 
After a while she let go, when Mokoto coughed and spluttered.
 
The boy blinked, the looked up at the pale skinned girl.
 
“I want some more.”
 
-
 
Read and review please!
 
Oh, and credit for the last line goes to `Interview with the vampire' (great film!). Claudia says it!