Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Millennium Dark ❯ 00 - Prologue 03 - Dagmar's Beginning ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Thanks for the reviews! I love you all for them!
 
And Misao, this is a humour fic after all!
 
Millennium Dark
 
00 - Prologue 03 - Dagmar's Beginning
 
A small girl, no older than four, wandered aimlessly through the streets of her town. Her red tipped black hair lay un-brushed around her shoulders.
 
This girl was called Yue Li, or Li-chan to her parents. But not anymore. They had just passed away, and no way in hell was she going to the Orphanage.
 
Li wanted to be free like the wild rabbits she often saw in the fields behind her house.
 
The little girl wandered aimlessly until she reached a large wooden gate just outside a farm house. She knew the people there, so she carefully climbed over the gate into the large field. The field was empty all the way to the next fence, which was right in front of a very large forest her mother used to take her through.
 
She walked on through the field, wanting to find at least a little comfort within the forest. It was her favourite place.
 
Suddenly, she heard growling to her left. Looking, Li saw three large, black, fierce wild dogs. And boy did they look hungry. The dogs were bigger than she was!
 
`Eep'ing, Li ran as fast as she could to the forest. But the dogs were hot on her trail. She had just managed to reach the fence near the forest when one of the dogs nipped at her pants. They ripped in its teeth as Li scrambled under the wooden beams.
 
Li screamed as she ran into the forest as quickly as she could, weaving in and out of the thick tree trunks. She ran up hill, noting in her young mind that the dogs were close behind her still. Li may only have been four but she knew danger when she saw it.
 
Then she realised something.
 
She knew of a cave near the top of the hill she was running up. She knew it would offer her at least some protection, as the entrance was only big enough to fit her in.
 
With that thought she sped up as fast as she could.
 
It took a while to reach the cave, and once or twice the dogs cause up with her. Now her pants were all ripped at the bottom.
 
“Iie! Leave Li-chan alone!” Li screamed, kicking madly as the caught her again. What was their fixation with her? Maybe it was the scent of blood she carried from her dad. He had worked at a butchers.
 
She managed to get away with few scratches on her legs. The cave was only a meter away.
 
Half a meter. The dogs closed in on her again.
 
Quarter. One of them tried pouncing, but missed.
 
There! She squeezed in the gap, just in time to see the drooling jaws of the wild dogs snapping at the entrance.
 
Sighing a breath of relief, Li crawled further into the cave, standing up when it became high enough for her to do so. She sat down on a rock and waited for the dogs to leave. It probably would take a while. Dogs were stubborn.
 
However, as she stared out at the dogs, something shiny caught her eye at the back. She didn't take any notice of it at first, but it seemed to call to her, as if it wanted her to find it. Finally, the black and red haired girl couldn't take it any longer, and turned around and searched for the source of the glittering.
 
What she found astonished her. It was a gold sarcophagus. The lid was shoved off slightly, and what appeared to be bandaged were hanging out. Curious, Li shoved the lid off all the way, and moved aside the bandages. There, underneath it all, was a sword. The blade was silver, and engraved with the Eye of Horus near the handle. The handle itself was pure gold, and encrusted with jet stones.
 
Gasping in awe, Li picked it up.
 
Suddenly there was a flash of bright gold light. The light seemed to rush out of the cave and straight at the wild dogs. From where she was, Li could hear howling and whimpering. She scampered out, just in time to see the dogs run away, tails between their legs,
 
But she wasn't interested in the dogs
 
Li was more interested in the tall girl with blonde-tipped black spiky hair that stood in front of her with an eerie stare on her face. “Wh-who are you?” Li asked, slightly frightened.
 
“Your yami.” Was all the girl said, her green-grey eyes nearly totally blank.
 
“My dark?” Li asked, blinking cutely. “Does that mean I'm your hikari?” This girl was pretty smart for her age.
 
“Yes.” The taller girl said, a bit of sadness etched in her voice. “I'm Dagmar.”
 
“That's a funny name.” Li giggled, “I'm Li. Yue Li.”
 
-
 
Man that took ages to write. And finally all the prologues are written! Onto the real story now!
 
Review please!