Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Missing ❯ Chapter 16 ( Chapter 16 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Missing - 16

*****

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh. I'm simply obsessed with it. Don't sue me, because I'm broke. The only things I own are Dark Magician and Malik toys. /end boring legal junk

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I swear I'm 12… I write YGO fic now. That's what I get from watching anime. *very big grin* This story was written for my best friend, who challenged me to write her a fic using certain people and a certain plot and well. Blame her. It's all Kris' fault.

SUMMARY: Yugi is back. Yami is happy. Ryou is sad. This does not look good.

****

"DARK MAGICIAN?"

The tall man nodded and bowed slightly in Yami's direction. Yugi laughed and gave the Duel Monster a hug around his waist.

"Isn't he cool? Can I keep him, Yami? Can I?"

Yami and the Dark Magician exchanged looks. "He's not a possession, Yugi. Why don't you ask him if he'll stay?"

Yugi bounced a little on the balls of his feet. "Will you? Stay, I mean?"

The Dark Magician nodded, gazing around at the other occupants of the room. Ryou gave Malik a hand up and the two boys stood staring in astonishment at the monster come to life. Joey was hiding *behind* Kaiba while the CEO just stood there, looking half surprised, half amused.

"Thank you! See, Yami, I TOLD you he was cool." Yugi let go of the mage's waist and flung himself at Yami again. "Wait `till I tell you everything else I learned about him!"

The Dark Magician blanched and shot Yami a pleading look.

"Aibou, why don't you tell me later? We need to think about how we're going to get Bakura out of the Rod."

The mage nodded emphatically at Yami's words, going over and picking up the Millennium Rod from where it lay against the wall.

"He said something about a re-binding spell."

"Who, Bakura?" Kaiba said, finally finding his voice.

Yugi nodded. "I'm not exactly sure what that means. Maybe ask the Dark Magician?"

The Duel Monster in question ignored the two duelists and handed the Millennium Rod to Malik, then sat on the couch and looked expectantly at the others.

"Dark Magician?" Yami began. "What do you know about all this?"

"He can't talk," Yugi said, "although Marik said there's a spell that can make him."

"Spell?" Yami's ears perked up and Ryou groaned.

"No, Yami. No more spells from you today! You're the one who got Bakura and Yugi banished in the first place!"

"I did not!"

"Yes, you did."

"No."

"Yes."

"NO."

"Actually, Yami, you did," Yugi interjected. "You were trying to remove Bakura from the Puzzle, right?"

"Yes... I know the fighting he and I were doing was driving you mad."

"Well, apparently you got `Puzzle' and `Rod' mixed up when you were speaking the spell. That's why we ended up in the Rod."

"Really? I got the spell *that* wrong?" Four sets of eyes met his own and Yami sighed. "Alright, it was my fault after all."

"HE ADMITS IT!" Ryou shrieked, nearly shattering the windows with the sheer volume of it. "Yami admits he was wrong!"

"Shut up, Ryou... I swear, if I didn't know better I'd swear it was your other out here and YOU in there."

"Guess he's rubbing off on me," Ryou grinned. "Anyways, now that we have established that it was, in fact, YOUR fault and not Bakura's, what are we going to do?"

Ryou looked at Yami, who looked at Kaiba, who looked at Joey, who looked at Malik, who looked at Yugi, who looked at the Dark Magician, who was studying the ceiling.

"Anyone? Any ideas at all?"

"I vote we find a spell to make the Dark Magician talk," Malik offered. "Then maybe he can tell us how to get Bakura out of the Rod."

"Why not just repeat the spell Yami recited earlier?" Joey suggested. "I mean, it can't hurt..."

"No way am I letting Yami near a spell book!" Yugi shouted. "I'll go kiss Pegasus first! And he's dead!"

"We have a necrophiliac in the crowd."

"Now there's an image."

"Shut up, Kaiba. Shut up, Joey."

"I was only trying to help."

"Well, you're not. Either one of you." Yugi glared at Joey and Kaiba, who looked about to say something else before he was interrupted.

"ANYWAYS," Ryou broke in. "Spells?"

"I'm good at spells," said Malik softly. "And I can read hieroglyphics. Marik made me learn."

"Can he do the spell?" Yugi asked the Dark Magician. The said monster smiled and nodded, pulling a large book out of thin air and handing it to the blond boy. "That was a neat trick."

"Can you read it?" Ryou asked Malik, sitting down next to the other. "Can you get Bakura back for me?"

"I think so. The spell seems pretty basic." Malik silently mouthed the words to himself, trying to get his tongue around the unfamiliar language. "I just hope I'm pronouncing it right."

"Why don't you read it aloud?" Joey suggested. "He-" pointing at the Dark Magician - "can tell you if you're right."

"If I read it, I'll be casting it, Joey," Malik reminded the other blond. "And I don't want to cast it if I'm not sure."

"Take your time," came Yami's advice, staring at the Dark Magician. "Not all of us are as eager as Ryou to see Bakura again."

"YAMI!" shouted Yugi, slapping his other half on the arm. "Be nice!"


Ryou snorted. "For him, that was nice."

"People, please be quiet!" Malik called, looking up from the book. "Ryou, I think I'm almost ready to do this. The spell is easy enough." The blond glanced over the book one more time. "Okay, I think I have it."

Ryou laughed out loud. "Praise Ra!"

Malik, too, laughed before his face screwed up in concentration. " Although..."

Yami looked up. "Although what?"

"I'm not sure that's really necessary now."

"What do you mean?"

"It's quiet."

"Quiet?"

"In my head... Marik and Bakura were fighting just a few minutes ago and now they're silent. I wonder who killed who."

Ryou choked. "Killed?"

"Why else would they have stopped?" Malik asked sensibly. "Hang on." Closing his eyes, he reached out to his other, but only silence greeted him. Frowning, Malik tried harder and only received the same result. "That's weird. I can't even reach Marik through our link."

"So now Marik's gone, too?"

Ryou let out a cry of despair. "Wonderful!"

"I'm sorry, Ryou." Malik closed the spell book and gave it back to the Dark Magician. "I don't think I need this anymore."

"So, now what?"

Everyone looked at Ryou who just sighed. "I don't know. I guess all we can do is wait and see if Marik or Bakura shows up here."

"I hate waiting."

"Shut UP, Joey." Five voices chorused while the sixth one just glared. "You're not helping."

"Sorry."

"Now, Yugi," Yami finally said. "What were you going to tell me about the Dark Magician?"