Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Missing ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

MISSING

*****

Disclaimer: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh. I'm simply obsessed with it. Don't sue me, because I'm broke.

/end boring legal junk

I apparently write Yu-Gi-Oh fic now. How amusing. It's my newest obsession/weakness/whatever you may call it. Work with me here.

Okay, I haven't seen the episode where Bakura ends up in the Millennium Puzzle, and I'm not even quite sure how it happens, but it works with this fic, so go with it, mkay? We'll all get along so much better if you just smile and nod and read. And hopefully enjoy. This story was written for my best friend, who challenged me to write her a fic using certain people and a certain plot and well. This is the start of it.

*****

Missing - chapter 1

"This is all your fault."

"What? How?"

"I don't know yet. But somehow, this is all your fault."

A scoff. "Oh, right. It was my fault that YOUR other half decided to do some housekeeping."

"It's YOUR fault you were in there in the first place! And if you hadn't antagonized him, maybe he wouldn't have housecleaned! Or, Puzzle-cleaned, whichever."

"Well…"

"This is getting us nowhere."

"Brilliant observation. Is that what you go to high school for?"

"Keep it up and I'm leaving you here," Yugi threatened. "Well, wherever `here' is. Anything look familiar to you?"

"Do I look like I have all the answers?"

"You're talking like you do!"

"The light's too dim to see much of anything … So I'll have to say no, I've never been here before. This doesn't really look like the Shadow Realm."

"If it was, I should still be able to talk to Yami. And I can't hear him anymore."

"Well, that could have something to do with what you're *not* wearing."

"WHAT!" Yugi instinctively moved his hands and Yami Bakura rolled his eyes.

"Pervert. Pharaoh will kill me if I so much as look at you. Anyways, you know that big gold puzzle thing you wear around your neck? That ugly old thing I've been TRAPPED in? It's missing."

"I hadn't noticed."

"You're such a freak," Yami Bakura said matter-of-factly. "And a pervert. That other half of yours has been a bad influence."

"Keep it up and I *will* let Yami beat the shit out of you when I see him again."

"Like the Pharaoh scares me."

"He should when he has the Dark Magician backing him up. A Dark Magician that doesn't particularly like you."

"And how would you know this?"

"Yami told me."

"And he knows everything, does he?"

"Yes."

Yami Bakura sighed. This was starting to drive him insane. Well, more so than he already was. If Yugi kept this up, he'd be as crazy as Malik by the time they got out of this place. But he made a mental note to himself anyway - **Yami Yugi will kill me if I try anything. And when did this turn into Lord of the Rings?** (AN: LOTR fanfic fans will understand that one… hee!)

"Oh, bugger off," he finally sighed before cursing creatively in Egyptian. "Damnit, I've been spending too much time with Ryou."

"You say it like it's a bad thing!"

"He's weak! And girly."

"And fuckable."

"And fuck-what? No way! I'm not saying it!"

But it was too late and Yugi was nearly on the floor laughing. "I GOT YOU TO SAY IT!"

"DID NOT!"

"DID TOO DID TOO DID TOO! I got you to admit you want him!"

"I do not. Evil child."

Mock hurt. "Whatever. And it isn't MY fault I'm not in the Ring!"

"And back we go to the beginning. Okay, okay, it's not your fault we're here."

"Finally!"

"Shut up. Now that we have decided that it's not your fault-"

"We?"

Yugi glared and Yami Bakura shut up.

"Yes. WE. Now that we have decided this isn't your fault, what are we going to do?"

Yami Bakura sat down on the floor (well, he thought it was a floor) and sighed. "I don't have a clue."

"Wonderful." Yugi joined Yami Bakura on the floor. "So we're stuck here until the others find us. Can this day get any better?"

What little light there was suddenly went out.

"I meant it rhetorically!"

/END