Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Missing ❯ Chapter 11 ( Chapter 11 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Missing - 11

*****

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh. I'm simply obsessed with it. Don't sue me, because I'm broke. The only things I own are Dark Magician and Malik toys. /end boring legal junk

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I swear I'm 12… I write YGO fic now. That's what I get from watching anime. *very big grin* This story was written for my best friend, who challenged me to write her a fic using certain people and a certain plot and well. Blame her. It's all Kris' fault. And there *is* a comment in here that is her fault… and she will certainly never tell me things again. She obviously didn't learn the first time!

By the way: /blah/ is Malik talking to Marik. //blah// is Marik talking to Malik.

SUMMARY: Well, Marik has appeared. What now?

****

"MARIK?"

Yugi sat down on the floor of their temporary prison in surprise.

The Dark Magician retrieved his staff before it hit Yugi on the head, not acknowledging the presence of the other spirit.

Bakura's face went white with fury. "What the hell are you doing here?" he demanded, not at all happy to see the blond standing in front of them.

Yugi blinked at Marik, then at Bakura, while the Dark Magician raised his staff threateningly in Marik's direction.

The spirit of the Millennium Rod just smirked at the white-haired spirit. "Visiting, what else would I be doing here? Really, Bakura. I thought you were more intelligent than that! You've been spending too much time with the Pharaoh and his lap dogs, including your own hikari."

"BAKA-" Bakura growled and began to lunge forward before being caught around the waist by a purple staff. The Dark Magician looked warningly at the former tomb robber, who sighed and backed off.

"Where IS here?" Yugi asked, picking himself up off the floor and tucking himself behind the Dark Magician so that only his eyes could be seen beneath one purple-clad arm. Bakura came and stood beside the mage, crossing his arms in anticipation.

/Marik, what's going on?/ Malik's mental voice broke into Marik's thoughts. /You feel… weird./

//I'm torturing a tomb robber,// Marik sent back. //So much more fun than what's going on over there.//

/I wouldn't be so sure of that,/ Malik said, /I don't know what Kaiba's doing to Yami, but it sounds painful!/

//I'm missing Pharaoh-torture!//

/Yeah, well… torture him yourself later. Are you planning on coming out of the Rod?/

//If you suck, it will come.//

/MARIK!/

*evil cackle* //You walked into that one with your eyes wide shut!//

/Damnit./

//Now, go do whatever you were doing.//

/Coming out of the closet… oh did that sound wrong./

//You don't need me to torture you, Malik, you do it all on your own! Now, go let the Pharaoh know that his Dark Magician turns many pretty shades of purple when embarrassed.// Marik faintly felt his other half's confusion at his words but pushed the other out of his mind so he could focus on the trapped trio in front of him, two of whom looked very confused while the third looked disinterested.

"You know more than you're letting on. Explain yourself," Bakura ordered. "Where are we?"

Marik sighed. "Fools. Haven't you figured out yet?" When both Bakura and Yugi gave him blank looks, the blond let out a string of curses in Egyptian that had the Dark Magician blushing. "IDIOTS. I swear to Ra, the Items collect the idiots of the world."

"Stop insulting yourself," Bakura said sarcastically. "Now where the HELL are we?"

Marik held up the Millennium Rod, rolling his eyes. "Duh."

Bakura blinked, the pieces falling into place. "Pharaoh."

"What about Yami?" Yugi shouted, still hiding.

Bakura glared at Yugi's legs, which were the only part of the boy he could see. "The baka Pharaoh tried to do a spell to get me out of the Puzzle."

"We know that already, Bakura."

"Apparently, Pharaoh doesn't know the difference between `Puzzle' and `Rod' in the ancient tongue!"

Marik nodded. "So you ended up in here… he did get you out of the Puzzle, though."

"From one hell into another," Bakura shot back. "I think I'd rather be in the Puzzle now that I know where I am!"

"Well, now that you know where we are," Yugi piped up, "can you get us OUT?"

Bakura shook his head. "Doesn't work like that. Unless someone does a re-binding spell on Ryou and the Ring he wears, I'm stuck here. Or wherever else some idiot of a Pharaoh may decide to banish me!"

"Stop insulting Yami! And I'm not stuck here with you, am I? I mean, one minute I was in my soul room and the next, I'm in here with YOU!" The Dark Magician reached a hand behind him to pat Yugi comfortingly on the shoulder.

Marik shrugged when the other three all looked at him. "Hey, don't look at me. I just hold the Rod."

"We all know that," Bakura said, grinning evilly. "You like holding MALIK's rod, don't you?"

Marik sputtered and turned purple.

"Leave him alone," Yugi half-scolded through his laughter. "He's the only one that can get us out of here!"

"Damnit."

"Have you asked him?" Marik asked when he regained the ability to speak.

Two confused expressions. "Asked who?"

The Dark Magician rolled his eyes and Marik grinned. "Why is the Duel Monster the smartest one out of the three of you?"

The identity of Marik's `he' dawned on Bakura and Yugi just then. "OH!"

"Dark Magician?" Yugi began. "Do you know how to get me out of here?"