Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Modern Day Pharaoh ❯ Prologue - Finding the Pharaoh ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hissing in annoyance the darker half relinquished her hold upon the light and disappeared within the depths of her soul room. //It's all yours Hikari.// She said to the younger.

She sent her an affirmative nod. 'Light huh...? Doesn't seem like it.' Smirking, she straightened up and dusted off the white dress she wore, then swung on a brown coloured cape over the top. Pulling up the hood to conceal her features, her black hair and her light brown eyes.

Whistling loudly a white mist appeared before her then feathers went flying. There was a thud and clatter of hooves then, there before her appeared a pure white horse with wings. "You came." She smiled, then reached into her pocket pulling out a medallion on a brown leather cord.

Looking into the soft eyes of the winged horse, she slipped in upon its neck and murmured a few soft words into its ear.

The horse gave a soft neigh then disappeared in a flock of features in white mist.

Looking around, she sighed softly in time with the wind and continued her walk through the sandy plains. Glancing up from the path, she looked at the huts that now surrounded it.

"A village." She murmured, looking around for any sign of movement, "It's been abandoned."

//Aniba. You are not alone.//

There was a rustling sound from behind her, a flash of gold appeared on her right hand and she whipped around, emitting a golden jet of light.

A screech of disbelief was heard, then there was a thud as a large stone tablet fell to the ground. The golden glow on her right hand disappeared to be replaced with black markings upon her palm forming the Millennium Eye, and on the back of her hand were two black tattoo strips joining the sides of the eye together much like a ring.

Walking up to the tablet, she placed her hand over it and it dissolved in a mist of black smoke.

"Back to the Shadow Realm." She murmured.

Leaving the village, she continued her walk along the dirt path till finally she reached the palace gates. "Grant me pass." Aniba said to the closest guard.

"No."

"I need to see the Pharaoh!" She insisted.

"Go off and eat table scraps you door mouse!" One chuckled as he shoved her aside.

//Why you little bas-//

/Lynex, Don't./ Aniba ordered, as she caught herself before she fell. Looking at them directly in the eye, she began to remove the brown cloak around her that concealed her features.

"Well, well, well." One guard said hungrily, eyeing her form.

"I, Aniba Ishtar of the Kaa Clan, order you to allow me pass!" She yelled, throwing off her cloak revealing her beautiful Egyptian clothes.

Each of the guards gasped, never had they seen such a pure white material before nor the elaborate designs upon the jewelry that she wore. "She's dressed finer than any princess to appear here." One murmured to another.

"I agree. Such white cloth of high quality is rare amongst peasants and only the rich can wear it."

"Still don't believe me?" She said, coldly picking up her cloak. "Then believe this!" She yelled, then threw a miniature stone tablet into the air and it grew ten times in size. "Activate Luminous Spark!" Shielding her eyes, there was a bright flash of light and each guard dropped their spears to cover their eyes, yelling in surprise.

"What kind of magic is this?!" One demanded as Aniba ran straight through.

"Blackland Fire Dragon!" She yelled, the pointed to the door, a strong gold glow from her right hand, "Attack!"

A dragon appeared in a flash of gold light and gave a loud roar; it appeared to be black, however when the light changed it appeared to be a dark green. Luminous Spark died down and returned to Aniba in a card form as Blackland Fire Dragon launched an attack at the door forcing it open. "Thanks!" She yelled, and the dragon gave a nod and too returned to a card form, Aniba caught the card as it flew to her hand.

Picking up her pace, she ran through the large hall looking from room to room. "Damnit, where is he?!" She ran past the Royal Throne Hall, then skidded to a halt and back traced her steps.

Her eyes widened in horror at the sight before her. The interior of the hall was completely destroyed, pillars lay fallen all over the place, tiles broken here and there and bodies lay unmoving. Cringing at the sight before her, she whispered quietly. "Time Wizard."

{Time Magic!} There was a clock-work voice and from a black portal appeared a strange looking wizard with a wand. The main colours it had were of red and blue and its face appeared to be an actual clock-face, at the back was a small cape.

"Please, try and reverse this mess." She begged. "Spin, Time Roulette."

The Time Wizard swirled around her rose it's staff in the air. On the top of the staff there was a strange circle that had skulls and red tower images upon it, an arrow kept on spinning around in a circle till at last it landed upon the red tower.

"Yeh! Time Machine! Time Magic go!" She yelled happily as she watched everything rebuild and people began to awake. Smiling approvingly at the Duel Monster, she murmured a soft, "Thanks." Then left the room to continue her search.

Running down the hall once more, she then stopped and closed her eyes. Standing still she held out her right hand open, her palm facing upwards and a transparent form of the Millennium Ring appeared. "Puzzle." She whispered, and the cone like pointers rose and directed her towards the front of the palace. She started her run once more and burst through the large half-closed doors of the palace.

Looking around, she panted slightly, and the Ring disappeared. Scanning the courtyard, her eyes then fell on a figure at the bottom of the stairs. "Oh, no!" She gasped. "Lynex!" She cried weakly.

"Right on it, Light." A feline looking girl with long hair appeared in transparent form before it thickened into a physical form. Stepping forward, she walked up to the bleeding and unmoving figure.

Splaying both of her hands over the body, she murmured some soft words and a pale gold glow came from her hands and the wounds and blood healed over and disappeared.

In a dark corner another figure lurked, glowing menacingly.

Cat like ears pricked up upon Lynex's head, "Hikari! On your left!" She yelled.

Aniba instinctively jumped away, barely dodging a ball of flame. Her eyes widened it shock, "Fireyarou! No way! I expected better then you!" She cried in shock looking at the human-like monster.

The Fireyarou just looked up at her with blank eyes then balled up another fireball and threw it at her. She made an attempt to dodge it but was stopped when she felt a cold blade against her neck. Closing her eyes, she cooed softly and then a large jet of water came forward and cancelled out the flame attack.

Opening her eyes, she smiled softly as she saw a very large, green monster with gills and webbed feet walk slowing up the stairs. It was the Amphibian Beast.

|Give up. | Said a dull voice in her head as the blade was pressed closer to her neck.

"Who are you?" She asked, trying to twist around to view her capture. Four more long blades appeared, surrounding her on all four sides and the pressure on her neck was remove and she head someone or something step back.

Turning slowly to avoid the blades, "No, Armaill!"

A warrior looking Duel Monster looked back at her from beneath an off-blue helmet. Similar coloured blue armour covered the body. It held out it reddish coloured arms and two swords appeared.

|We are ordered to destroy all that interfere in the plans of our Master. |

"No! You are not yourself! You are being controlled!" She winced in pain as she felt a blade perch her skin.

|Control..? | The Duel Monster echoed. |I am not being controlled. Now, fight me! | It yelled, then threw a sword at Aniba who caught it in surprise.

"What?"

|Fight me! |

"No! I will not! You are not yourself!" Armaill however didn't reply and just brought the swords down, slashing her dress. Flinching in pain, she knocked back a blade with the sword and backed out of the circle of blades.

Sparing a quick glance, she cringed as she saw Amphibian Beast launch a large water attack at Fireyarou and it disappeared crying in pain as its flames were extinguished. Amphibian Beast gave a loud war-cry then disappeared back to the portal from hence it came.

Aniba soon regretted that glance as she felt the blade come slashing down upon her right arm. It kept moving down till it reached her wrist and one of the two gold strips on the back of her hand - the sword when flying and flung back at its owner. Armaill gave a screech of pain and dropped to the ground, clutching its stomach where the sword was embedded, Aniba too following breathing through gritted teeth as she felt the blood began to pour from her wounds.

Lynex opened her eyes, the healing was done, though it cost her a great deal of effort and concentration, dropping the sound and attack proof barrier her golden eyes widened in shock as she saw her hikari fall to the ground clutching her right arm.

Flicking her hand back at the now healed figure on the floor, she erected the barrier once more and ran to protect her light. "Aniba!" She yelled as she saw Armaill draw the sword from its stomach and in slow movement, bring it down to stab her in the back.

Growling deep in her throat she snarled then yelled at the skies in a strange language. Clouds swirled in the sky rapidly then formed together creating a purple lightning bolt that struck the Duel Monster causing it to disappear in a sizzle of energy.

Aniba looked over at her darkness in shock. "Lynex, why?"

Lynex just looked back at her then faded from sight.

Standing up slowly, she suddenly felt warm and found herself to be glowing as each of her wounds were healed, the only evidence of any attacks were the rips and cuts in her clothes.

Standing up she looked over at the figure who was now stirring as the barrier disappeared. Walking over to the figure she knelt down smiling softly as confused crimson eyes opened.

"Nisut Atem Bel-Um-Fal." She said, helping the young Pharaoh to his feet. "Welcome back to the world of the living."

"Who-who are you?" He growled, wrenching his hand out of her grasp.

"I'm Aniba and your saviour." She said, looking at him.

Please Review!