Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Modern Day Pharaoh ❯ Resu ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~ "Pharaoh, you have to come. It isn't safe here!"

"But my people!"

"I know it's hard, believe me, I know. But you know as well as I that it isn't safe here anymore."

"But-" The Pharaoh protested.

"Look at me." Pharaoh Bel-Um-Fal turned and looked into dark brown eyes. "I know you may not like this, it makes me feel terrible to have to interfere and tear you away from Egypt like this but you have to leave. Number one there are many things you must know and number two it isn't safe now. The Realms of Darkness are spreading, claiming lives. Innocence is being torn away from this world. Children torn away from their families…evil is growing. I need you to come… Listen to me." The girl looked up into the Pharaoh's crimson eyes as her black hair fluttered behind her. "Please!"

"Okay." The pharaoh said sighing at last.

"Good. I needed your approval before I do this… Shadows, spirits and gods, power arise forth. Duelist's decree, send us forth thee to the Shadow realm!" The girl yelled as she rose her right hand in the air, gold light rising and blackness materialized around them. "Now! Millennium times intertwine. Long at last, Crest of power, transport us to…DOMINO CITY!!!" ~

************************

"Ahh!" Resu snapped awake.

"What? Ahh. I'm awake, I'm awake!" Aniba yelled looking around fanatically in the dark. She grabbed the lighter beside her bed and lit the candle on the nearby bedstand. "You okay?"

"I'm fine." Resu replied nodding his head. "I just had a memory… dream… which ever." Aniba looked at him as if he wasn't telling the truth. She gazed hard and long into his crimson eyes. "Really. I'm fine." He said looking away. Aniba just looked up at him then she burst out laughing. "What? What's wrong?"

"Your hair. You should see it!" as she tried speaking through her giggles. Resu got up and lit another candle and walked into the bathroom and looked in the mirror. "I see your point." He said looking back. His normally neat, spiky, tri-coloured hair was sticking out at more odd angles then usual. He tried to push his gold bangs back behind his ears, but they just fell back into place. Resu then looked up at his black and red hair; he himself now amused at his hair. He turned around and walked back into the room. "You know, you yourself could use a brush."

"What do you mean?" Aniba turn and saw her features reflected back at her in the mirror. Her usually wavy hair was now out in odd angles, and there were many stray hairs that looked a bit staticy. "Oh." She got up and walked off in search of a brush.

"Can't that wait till morning?" Resu said sighing as he shook his head.

"Morning? Not long off anyhow. Look out the window. Ra is starting his journey across the sky…the sun is rising."

Resu got up and did as he was told. "True." He said musing to himself.

"Phar-… I mean Resu?"

"Yeh?" he said turning to face her. "Just keep it at Resu. It gets to confusing remember?"

"Yeh." Aniba she said closing her eyes remembering.

-Flashback-

~ "Pharaoh?! Where are you?"

"Ahh! A loose SOUL SPIRIT!"

"What was that?" ~ Aniba heard a voice not so far off.

`Oh, he had better not made any contact with anyone. If he does it could really mess up things here and in the past. Wait. Plan 1- get the Pharaoh somewhere safe and away from technology, plan 2- Worry later.'

She rounded the corner and saw just pure chaos. All the cars had stopped and the Pharaoh was caught up in the middle of this. His purple cape swishing behind him. Aniba darted between the cars and pulled him out of harms way. `Note to self…never ever leave an Ancient Egyptian alone again!'
~ "Pharaoh!" Aniba said picking up the tongue of the Pharaohs (Ancient Egyptian). "You are to stay near me from now on okay?"

"Why should I be listening to you?" the Pharaoh said snorting.

"Because if you don't I can't ensure your safety! Promise me. Swear by Ra that you'll never do something like that again. Please? Promise me." Aniba's brown eyes looked into the Pharaoh's crimson eyes.

"Fine." He said crossing his arms over his white Egyptian clothes.

"Good. Now lets get away from this place." ~ Aniba lead the Pharaoh down to the beach and they walked along just wear the sand met the water. "Pharaoh." Aniba said tuning to face him, speaking in English. "I'm going to let you into my soul room. Then using the power I possess I'll form a link which will leave you speaking English and a bit more…educated about this modern world."

The Pharaoh just looked back at her, puzzled. Sighing, Aniba repeated herself, but in Ancient Egyptian this time so that the Pharaoh could understand. He nodded in agreement. She rose her hand to his head just as a golden eye crest appeared on her hand. ~ "Close your eyes." ~ Then she touched the palm (or I should say eye of the crest) to his head and slowly recited some words. ~ "By the power invested upon me I invite the Pharaoh, keeper of the Millennium Puzzle into my soul room." ~ The golden eye crest on her hand began to glow as did the Pharaoh's Millennium Puzzle.

A flash of gold light emitted from the eye off the Pharaoh's Puzzle and the Eye on the Crest, the two beams of gold light rocketed towards the sky intertwining with one another, then came rushing back to earth in a shattering sparkle. The Pharaoh opened his eyes and looked around. Hieroglyphs covered the walls; his eyes followed them, as he looked around then stopped. Confused, he walked up to the wall and touched where the hieroglyphs suddenly ended. He touched the wall before looking around again and saw that one wall and a half were covered with hieroglyphs, while the rest of the walls were just blank. He stared, confused, then jumped as he heard a voice behind him. "You too wonder about these `glyphs don't you?" Aniba spoke in English to him and smiled. "Go on. Say something."

"These words… I don't know yet I understand." He then gasped at what he realized he had done. He had just spoke English, a foreign language to him, for the first time. "How?" he said shocked as the English words rolled off his tongue.

"I used the power of my Millennium Crest and created a link between you and I. Because the link was created you have little more knowledge about this world and you can speak English. Well? Pharaoh?"

"Yeh…I think I get it…"

"First things first. Your name. I can't be calling you Pharaoh all the tim-" The Pharaoh was glaring at Aniba for her lack of respect. "Quit glaring! Doing that won't get you anywhere in life. Anyway as I was saying before I was rudely interrupted." Aniba glared back at the Pharaoh. "I can't call you Pharaoh in this time dimension. Number one, because people don't call other people that in this time. Number two you are the only pharaoh here ever since 2, 500 years ago…I think… but that's not important. Anyway, number three, if anyone found out who you really were.... such as the Rare Hunters, that could cause a lot of trouble. So we need a new name for you." Aniba sat down at a stone hieroglyph covered table in the center of the room. Like the walls, the hieroglyphs were unfinished. Half was stone covered with hieroglyphs, while the other half was white marble, split off evenly straight down the center. "Take a seat." She said motioning the pharaoh to sit across from her. "Name…name…you're a ruler, definitely… am I correct?" The Pharaoh nodded his head.

"Do you rule over Upper Egypt?"

"I guess you could say that, so yes, I do rule over Upper Egypt."

"Good. You're name can be Resu."

"But that's not a name. It's a word!"

"Here it isn't." Aniba replied simply. "Lets go now." She snapped her fingers and the soul room disappeared from around them and they were back on the beach.

"Okay Pharaoh… I mean Resu. Lets get going…"

-End Flashback -

[A/N Don't ask… that flashback was to just help explain things a bit better.]

"Khepera..." Aniba said muttering as she saw Ra taking his position as Khepera in the morning.

"Let's have some breakfast." She said sighing. She had just finished brushing her hair as Resu fixed his. She walked over into the kitchen. Aniba groaned as she looked around. "Why in Osiris's name the Egyptians could have been a bit more modern?!" Resu walked into the room confused by her out burst.

"Good morning to you too." Resu replied smiling as he sat down at the stone table. Sighing Aniba replied, "Sorry…and good morning." She took out some bread and fruit from the wooden cupboard and brought it to the table.

She looked at what Resu was wearing, his pharaoh clothes; he had two golden armbands on both of his upper arms, much like Aniba, gold and black bands encircling his wrists, a golden collar around the base of his neck coming down upon his back and chest, his white Egyptian clothes of the finest cloth available in his time and his darkish purple cape behind him. "That's a bit classy don't you think?" Aniba said staring at the Pharaoh clothes Resu wearing as she picked up an apple and bit into it.

"Same for you." Resu said eyeing Aniba's clothes.

Aniba looked down and smiled. "True." She was wearing clothes similar to that of Resu, except instead of long white pants and a kilt, she was wearing a simple white dress with gold trimmings. She also a blue cape much like Resu. She had to admit she actually liked her Egyptian clothes more then she let on. Although she would complain a lot about the colour combination of what to wear and how annoying it was to have to wear a dress, she did like it. Aniba sighed and thought to herself, `Today we'll have to leave here to go back to Domino. Spending my time here in this country area is too much. And I need to take Resu shopping.'

"Shopping? What's that?" Resu asked

"Huh? How did you- Oh." Aniba said remembering that she created a link between them. "I'll explain later. C'mon. Lets get going." She said as she got up, having finished breakfast. She snapped her fingers and the food disappeared along with the table.

"You know, you shouldn't being using Shadow Magic like that for your own uses." Resu said shaking his head as his gold bangs flopped from side to side.

"Oh yeah? You can't talk. How about when you were using your Shadow Magic because I wasn't here to get you food. My advice is never accept food from a duel monster in the Shadow Realm."

"I figured that out for myself thanks." Resu replied muttering darkly.

-Flashback-

"I'm hungry!" Resu groaned as he looked around the kitchen. "Where's Aniba?!" He walked around the house and looked at a piece of papyri that was pinned to the door. He looked at the heretic writing.

Resu,

Gone out to meet with some contacts and to get more supplies, be back soon!

Aniba

"She's gone out?! How am I supposed to `cook' something! There aren't any servants around here or anything!" with that Resu groaned again as he sat at the stone table in the kitchen and pulled out his duel monster stone tablets. He looked at some of the miniature tablets, then remembered a magic card called `Hamburger Recipe'. "Wait! Maybe I won't have to be hungry at all!" Resu said as he got up and looked through the stone tablets. "Curse of Dragon, Kuriboh, Mammoth Graveyard…Gaia…he'll do no good, besides, there wouldn't be any room for his horse. Hmm…here we go!" Resu said pausing on one of the tablets smiling. "This will do nicely! I summon…Celtic Guardian!" Suddenly darkness collected into the middle of the room, then disappeared leaving an Elvish-looking warrior standing in the middle of the room, armed with a sword and ready. The Celtic Guardian turned and saw his master looking at him. "~ Could you do me a favor? It's not a duel, but can you cook?"

The Celtic Guardian looked like he was in the presence of a nut-case but quickly hid his shock and nodded. He put his sword into the sheath and put an apron on. Resu fought hard not to laugh, he had to admit, watching one of his duel monsters work in the kitchen wearing an apron was amusing, but he knew better then to insult someone who was going to cook for you, so he restrained his laughter.

After a few minutes of work, the Celtic Guardian turned around and presented Resu with what looked like to be food. There were chunks of apple swimming around a brown soup-like liquid. Also prepared was, shockingly, a beautiful arrangement of various fruits and breads.

"Thanks!" Resu said happily as the Celtic Guardian took off the apron and disappeared back to the Shadow Realm.

Resu sat there happily eating the fruits and breads, then he came to the `soup'. He stared at it before shrugging and dipping his spoon in for a taste.

"Hey Resu! I'm back! Resu?" Aniba said as she walked into the kitchen. "Wait! Don't eat-…"

Too late. Resu put the spoon in his mouth and swallowed.

"That." Aniba finished. Resu looked up at her staring at her quizzically before turning slightly green. He gave a groan of pain and clutched his stomach as he rolled off the bench and lay sprawled on the ground.

Aniba sighed and picked him up, literally dragging him along on the floor into the bedroom. "Lay down!" She ordered pointing to his bed. Resu groaned as he clambered into bed. Aniba disappeared for a few minutes before coming back with a glass of water and, what looked-like to Resu, a white circular piece of limestone/ chalk. "Here, put this in your mouth, then drink the water and swallow." Resu looked at Aniba in shock as if she were asking him to eat poison. "It will make you feel better, trust me. Why do you think I bailed your butt out of ancient Egypt to bring you here? If I were out to get you, even I wouldn't have made a duel monster cook for you. Just do it!" She said with an air of impatience. Resu closed his eyes, pinching his nose as he did as Aniba had told him. "What was that?" he asked after swallowing `the White chalk'.

"It's called an Aspirin. A form of medication. It relieves most aches and pains."

"Oh, so it's not chalk?"

"I'm not going to answer that." Aniba said as she got up and left.

-End Flashback-

"Just don't expect fine food from a duel monster again okay?" Resu just glared at Aniba. "Good. Put this on over your clothes." She said as she chucked him a cloak the same colour as his pharaohs' cape. Puzzled he just looked at Aniba who was putting on a cloak, blue, like her cape over her Egyptian clothes. "We don't need people seeing you dressed up as a Pharaoh. Put it on already and lets go shopping."

"Fine." He said as he threw it on. Then he muttered something that sounded like, `Yes mother.'

"I heard that." Aniba said tuning back glaring. She then made her way into the kitchen and packed up all their belongings they kept at the small clay house, [A/N The house was made similar to those of what the "commoners" of Egypt stayed in.], Resu following behind. "First stop. Our new place. ~ Transport! ~" Aniba cried, her hand high in the air as a golden ball encircled Aniba, Resu and their belongings and transported them to an apartment.

************************

Authors Note: Well how about it? This is my first fanfic ever so I hope you like it so far. If you find it boring at the moment, please don't leave. It only the first chapter and it will get better.

Aniba is a place- Middle Kingdom fort (lost). Temple of Horus of Mi'am, mostly of 18th Dynasty (lost); I decided to call the girl that because Aniba has had history of warriors retreating there after they lost a war. So I figured that I'd call her Aniba, after this place because it slightly reflects her personality, wanting to be able to help people and to give them a place to retreat to.

Resu is Egyptian for King of Upper Egypt. I decided to give this name to Yami/ the Pharaoh as that is what he is.

Please Review!