Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Murked Light ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Thanx reviewers! To the one who asked me if I'd name this one 'Memories', how about this. I'll put it as a future chapter name, ok? We're in the Adventure/Action stuff right now. The romance should come up in later chapters, but be patient. First part of the story will have some Yuugi/Anzu, I have to put it in since I can't resist. Don't worry YamiAnzu fans, best comes last huh? Also in future chapters I plan on making a songfic chapter. I'm so happy people like this fic! Thankyou! *donk* Ouch fine no sappy speech.

Disclaimer: If I owned Yugioh, the manga would still go on instead of ending! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

And this story is now Pro-Anzu! Go Anzu! You know what? Something tells me this is going to be a long fic.













M urked Light












Chapt er 3





"Uhn! Will you stop that! I'm not a horse!" Anzu gritted quietly. She was climbing latis under her window-the broken one. A few minutes before she was debating whether to get yelled at by her drunk father or sneak into her room. Her broken window was on the second floor-sadly. Tea was sitting on Anzu's head gripping on a few whisps of hair calling, "Faster!! Yaw!!"

Closer to the top, Tea flitted through the window proclaiming, "If you fall, don't blame me!"

"As if I would," Anzu grumbled carefully placing her hands on the window pane missing any jagged pieces of the glass window. Her parents were probably too busy to replace the broken window today. She heaved her lower body over the broken shards barely missing them.

"I must say, good job," Tea congraduated Anzu as she lowered the blinds over the window. Her big chibi blue eyes wandered the room. It was just like any other teenager's room, clothes draped over a chair and moderately-sized desk in the right corner next to the broken window. The room was a pale blue color with posters of cute duelmonsters and her favorite singers. A queen-sized bed laid out in the left to the window with the door downstairs on the other side and the bathroom door.

"Looks like my mom cleaned earlier," Anzu mused aloud, her mom was a cleaning freak. She remembered earlier that the room was sprinkled with broken glass. Anzu shivered and rubbed a hand against her elbow, "You know I'm going to sleep in the bathroom, so if you're going to tell me what this thing is," she gestured to the sword, "and tell me what my 'destiny' is tell me now."

Tea motioned Anzu to sit on the bed, "Fine, I start talking. You know how I said earlier about you being She?"

Anzu nodded wrapping the comforter around her for warmth, "Who is She? Why don't you say her name?"

The conscious shook her head, turning around, "She was Teana, goddess of vampire slaying..."

Anzu was about to burst out laughing, Goddess of Vampire Slaying? It sounded like that show on T.V, Buffy the Vampire Slayer! Anzu's face turned blue from holding in the laugh, and gasped, "You're kiddin' me, right? Vampire Slayer like as Buffy the Vampire Slayer?"

Tea rubbed her temples, "No baka! This is no deal to joke about, since you have proven that you are She-"

"Why don't you say her name?"

"-Teana's," the conscious had a serious look on her chibi face, "reincarnation, I have no doubt that the Master of Vampires, Blacknite, is after you."

"Oh my God! I'm going to get killed by the vampires! Ahh!" Anzu exclaimed sarcastically falling into her pillows.

"Anzu, this isn't a joking matter, let me tell you the beginning of Teana's story. But before I tell you, I have to ask you, when I handed you the sword, did you see anything?"

Anzu sat erect with her legs crossed and thumb stroking her chin, "Well I did see this girl with wings. It was weird! She was talking in some weird language, definintly not Japanese or anything I've heard. She was talking to this guy-I couldn't see him, but he was sitting on this throne, he like sent her off with-I think-a guard." Anzu told all she saw in the alley earlier.

Tea floated listening intently, but carefully, "Garlicia seems to have some effect on you, it must bear your memories."

"Now the sword has a name? Garlic? That's funny," Anzu said snickering slightly.

Tea rolled her eyes and went on, "Teana was also a mortal in her other reincarnations, the only other known one was when she was working in Kemet. I don't recall what she did though, it has been nearly 3000 years now."

"3000 years ago?" Anzu asked surprised, maybe this was worthwhile listening to.

"I see I have your attention now. Teana was found guilty of attempted murder, by Ra. Ra decided that if she could destroy the master of Vampires and protect the sennen puzzle holder she may come back. You see there's three realms, this one is the imperfect realm, the one where the Gods live in the perfect realm, and the black abyss where the vampires lurk."

"Sounds like a game," Anzu said thoughtfully.

"It's no game, baka," Tea continued, "Before Teana was buried, Blacknite the Master of Vampires, attacked her. You saw that wound on her lower stomach? Blacknite tried to make sure she wouldn't be able to reincarnate for good. He sealed her in the coffin. Luckily, Ra, Obelisk, and Osirus used the sword that you hold now, Garlicia, Teana's weapon, to seal him in Teana's life story tablet. Obelisk placed me in the coffin, so Teana would reincarnate, but not be able to know her mission naturally, for when you touched it, I would be your guide. When I saw you fight with Garlicia, I knew you were She. As I said before, your mission is to protect the sennen puzzle holder and destroy Blacknite. I imagine Blacknite is searching for you even now..."

"I'm going to sleep," Anzu stated randomly, causing Tea to animefall. She folded the comforter and tossed one of her pillows into the bathroom, she'd rather sleep in the bathroom that have some perv watch her sleep, "Good night."





next morning...





"Anzu! Wake up!" Anzu found herself tangled in her comforter on her bathroom floor. She looked up at Tea who was flying around in circles. The conscious had convinced her all that happened last night was real. She pinched herself just to make sure. Well now she was totally convinced.

"ANZU!!! Stop starin' in space and hurry up!" Tea screamed in Anzu's ear yanking it.

"Okay!!" Anzu shot up and changed into her uniform and grabbed her satchel. She quietly opened her door to see if her father was downstairs. No, he wasn't and a good thing too. He would probably ground her longer if he was. Just her mother frying sunny side eggs and crispy bacon. Anzu salavated, she was tempted into jumping down the stairs and eating a good breakfast instead of the bland granola bars she had because she woke up late. She shook her head, her mother would probably give her the talking to. So she hesitantly tiptoed down the stairs like a silent cat, until a stair creaked under her weight. Just great.

Her mother looked back at her in surprise, "Anzu, why don't you eat breakfast with me? You so happen to have fifteen minutes until you have to walk to school."

"Uh, sure," Anzu sat herself down at the round table and poured pulp-free orange juice into a glass in front of her. Her mother scraped an egg and piece of bacon on a plate and placed it in front of Anzu before serving herself. Anzu started to shove the whole egg in her mouth, she knew it was piggish, but she really didn't want to have to explain what happened last night. After she swallowed it she started on the bacon, how she'd like to savor it, but she was in a hurry.

Her mother looked at her with an eyebrow raised, "Dear, slow down! You might choke if you eat too quickly."

"I gotta hurry mom!" Anzu drank the orange juice in one gulp and threw her satchel over her shoulder.

"Oh, I guess I'll talk to you after school then. But I have something important to say. You're not grounded now. Bye Dear!"

"Thank you!" She hugged her Mom, "Bye Mom!" Anzu called back rushing out the door.










at school...








"Hi Anzu! Still grounded?" Anzu looked up at her best friends. Wonder how they would react if she told them?

_Don't tell them._ Tea ordered firmly.

_~What are you doing here? Ah nevermind that! Why can't I tell them?~_

_They won't understand._

Great. Now she was going to have to keep this secret! She felt like exploding if she didn't tell someone!

"Nope I'm not! Isn't that great? This is the least my parents have ever grounded me! Did you happen to go to the museum yesterday?"Anzu asked curiously.

Honda nodded, "We did, but Jou was a chicken and ended up getting us thrown out of the museum."

Anzu giggled, "You guys were clowning again, no doubt."

Yuugi chuckled, "You meant them right?"

"Say, is that Kaiba still out?" Anzu wondered aloud looking at his desk. She remembered when Yuugi defeated him, in this revenge game to kill Yuugi, sending Kaiba into special care. Sometimes it seemed like Yuugi didn't need protection, he was so brave that day...

"Clase! Brazo deracha!" The old spanish teacher called attendance. A girl with raven hair pulled up in tight pony-tails on either side of her head and jade green eyes stepped inside the classroom, the old woman snorted, "This is your new pupil, what is your name?"

"Stacy Daggrin," The girl flashed a smile and most of the boys melted.

(Yep it's an OC- I think one of them Mary-sues. She's getting no one though, sorry.)

"She's hot!" one guy whispered to his friend who was staring at her legs. (*smack!*)

The girls, except Anzu who was quietly reading that romance novel that just came out, onlooked the new student with envy painted across their faces. Stacy gazed across the classroom until it fell upon, Anzu, who didn't notice the girl walking up to her.

"Hi I'll be sitting behind you if it's alright," Stacy said politely placing her belongings underneathe her desk.

Anzu nodded and said equally politely, "I'm Anzu Mazaki, if you want, you can come hang out with my friends and I."

Stacy nodded, she lowered her head so no one-even the perverted boys (*smack*) could see a evil grin spread across her face, 'So this was the great vampire slayer. She's a pushover.'

"Now I want all of you to get into groups of five," the old hag instructed.

Anzu waved at Yuugi, Jou, and Honda to face their desks toward hers.

"May I join you?" Stacy asked shyly.

Jou said blushing, "Yeah, of course ya can!"

"Okay," she faced her desk next to Yuugi's. Her eyes caught a glimmer of the oversized pendant around his neck, she knew right away this was the boy she had to convert, 'This is going to be easy.'

"And what's that?" she asked poking the puzzle, though she knew very well what it was.

Yuugi looked up at her in surprise, "Uh...it's the sennen puzzle."

"That's cool!" Stacy said with fake enthusiasm, she decided to take a move, "You know I think you're cute! You look like a baby racoon!"she said pinching his cheeks.

Yuugi blushed, "Uhh...you know, I think someone else would probably like you to do that," he gestured to a green Jou and Honda and all the other boys looking at her.

Anzu also turned green, 'Why the fuck is she doing that? She just met him and she's already flirting.' She regretted letting that girl coming in their group.

_What's up?_

_~Oh nothing, just some flirtly little bitch making moves on *my* best friend!~_ Anzu told Tea sarcastically.

_Ooo do I sense some jealousy?_

Anzu's face flushed and snapped hotly,_~NO! How would you feel if some new girl started flirting with your best friend you've known since grade-school?~_

_Who is this friend, I must ask?_

_~The sennen puzzle holder.~_

"TELL THAT BITCH TO TAKE HER FILTHY GRABBY PAWS OFFA HIM!!" Tea screamed aloud. Anzu's eyes widened as everyone looked at her.

"It's just my stomach!" she insisted waving her hands sweatdropping.

"Your stomach talks?" A boy across the room asked.

"Uhh, yeah! It's kind of strange, my parents told me I had some stomach disorder where it'll talk!" She fibbed rubbing the back of her neck.

Anzu returned to Tea,_~You do know that you happened to say that, aloud?~_

_Who cares! She needs to take her hands off *your* man!_

Anzu sweatdropped at this and yelled back, _~I told you he's my BEST FRIEND! Nothin' more!~_

_Never mind, has she let go of him, yet?_

Anzu watched as the girl began to yank Yuugi's hair. Some protector she was.

_~Yup.~_ she thought grimmly.

_Then let me at her!_ Tea tried to fly in a mad fury out of the satchel, to murder this girl, she had her reasons though, Yuugi seemed to resemble someone she couldn't remember. Whoever Yuugi did resemble, he was awfully close to Teana, Tea remembered. Anzu covered her hand over the top of the satchel to prevent Tea from murdering Stacy.

Stacy looked at the glare Anzu was giving her, "What's wrong?"

Anzu realized she was glaring at Stacy and quickly said, "My hand's stuck in my bag."

Tea quieted down and watched the girl, she just realized something was amss with this girl, something, un-earthly. The way the girl's eyes were misty and swirling. Like a converted victim. Just gave her all the more reason to kill her.

"Do you need help?"

"Nope! I'm fine!" She said cheerfully, earning a sweatdrop from everyone around her-even Jou and Honda who'd just gave up trying to get the girl's attention. They sulked into their desks. 'Just need you to let go of Yuugi and I'll be fine.' Anzu thought angerly.

"Class dismissed, I wonder if half of you even paid attention to what I said anyway," the teacher screeched.

The rest of the day passed. Unluckily the new girl was in EVERY single class with the group. She continued to flirt with Yuugi, making Anzu's bomb closer into exploding. Anzu had enough with not being able to say a word about her mission. She sure didn't need some girl pushing her and Yuugi apart. He was her advisor, sort of. And it would be majorly hard for her to protect Yuugi.

Yuugi hung around Anzu's locker waiting for her, he nervously looked around for the Stacy girl, "Anzu, do you want to go to my house since you're not busy? The Duelsmonsters tournaments are being televised live and Jou and Honda are coming over."

"Sure!" She placed a few books in her bag. She'd much rather go to Yuugi's house instead of facing a conversation with her parents about last night. Jou and Honda were leaning against a couple lockers away from them. Were they that bummed out over the new girl?

"You know, she's scary guys, you don't want that girl to nonstop pull your hair in class!" Yuugi said trying to cheer up his friends.

"Yeah I know...I'm hungry!" Jou said suddenly. Yuugi and Anzu sweatdropped at his randomness.

"Me too! What are you having for dinner, Yuugi?" Honda asked Yuugi. The boy's continued to chatter as the group walked down the street.

'That's good, I was worried they totally bummed over, but they're normal now,' Anzu thought twirling a loose thread on her blazer.

_If they were all that bummed out over that vampire, it gives me more reason to kill her._

_~You know, she couldn't be one, she's all too chipper. Aren't vampires supposed to be sullen creatures?~_

_Yes, but be on your guard. She seems to have taken a too early liking to Yuugi, very unatural._

Noticing Anzu's silence, Yuugi asked, "Did you get a message from the dancing academy?"

"Huh? Oh...let me see, oh yeah! I did yesterday! Isn't that great?"

Yuugi nodded smiling, "Yeah, I'm proud of you. I guess you would say, knock 'em dead. When do you start?"

Anzu tried to recall what happened yesterday, but the 'destiny' stuff kept getting in the way, "I think sometime in May."

Jou collided into a pole and Honda with him, they started to scream at the pole and then kicked it and followed Yuugi and Anzu.

"Didja see that pole just jump in front of me? Stupid pole!" Jou complained rubbing his nose.

"It didn't jump in front of you, you jumped into it, stupid pole boy!" Honda argued with Jou.

"You guys! We're only a block away from Yuugi's house and you still make a scene!" Anzu scolded wagging a finger.

"Yeah can we please get to my house without you arguing? If you're good I'll ask Jiichan to train you in Duelmonsters," Yuugi said slyly.

"Okay!"












********************************************************* *********



Thank God this chapter's done now! Just as I said before, the first half of my fic will have Yuugi/Anzu and maybe a tiny bit of Yami/Anzu and the second half will have all just Yami/Anzu. I can't wait to start writing the second half. It'll take awhile to get there though, but you won't be disapointed.




Please Review!