Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ My Big Fat Egyptian Wedding ❯ The past and beginning, thoughts and voices ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

My Big Fat Egyptian Wedding

Author: SweetMisery1

Rating: PG

Warnings:

Yamis are solid cause this is the past life

I do not own My big fat Egyptian Wedding…nor will I ever.

 

 

Key: "words"

-thoughts-

actions

(author's notes)

anything else I will mention later 



The Past and the Beginning, Thoughts and Voices

"Yami!!!!"  

It was an early afternoon on a cool April day in Egypt, or as cool as you can get in Egypt. Pharaoh Solomon was sitting on his throne waiting for his grandchild, Yami, to come back from his room with the Dark Magician following closely behind.

Slap, Slap, Slap.

        Solomon could hear Yami's sandals hitting the hard marble floor. Just then, the sound stopped and seconds later, Yami emerged after obviously trying to calm his breath.  

        "Hi Grandfather!" Yami said,  

        "Me and the Dark Magician were just playing."  

        -He acts so childish for 17-  

        -But then again, he didn't have much of a childhood- Solomon thought quietly while he remembered what his grandson lived through. 

FLASHBACK

From the early age of 8 to his pre teens, Yami had been secretly beaten by his father, Shabaka, when Shabaka had found out that Yami would be next to hold the place of pharaoh in Egypt and not himself. One day, Solomon's guard passed by during one such occasion and quickly brought the pharaoh to deal with it. Solomon was astonished with what be saw. Right in his own palace he spotted Shabaka, with his hand grasping the boy's neck; raising him high above the floor while the other was curled and ready for what seemed another in a line of many punches.  

        "Shabaka, what in the name of Ra do you think your doing??!!!!!"  

        Hearing the Pharaoh's voice, Shabaka dropped the young teen and quickly. He turned the face his father. Yami, after being released from his father's grasp sunk into the shadows in hope that he would soon be forgotten. He started clutching his soar neck, gasping softly. After some questioning that resulted in only prying more lies form his son, Solomon had heard enough to figure out that this was the explanation to Yami's mysterious bruises that were caused in 'training' with the Dark Magician. Shortly after this realization, Solomon ordered the guards to banish Shabaka from the palace and never let him back. 

Reality

      & nbsp; "Grandpa?, Grandpa!" Yami was staring at the pharaoh with his eyes deep with concern.  

        The pharaoh, after reliving the past looked up at Yami, studying him. After taking a closer look at him, he assured Yami that he was alright and just reflecting. Not trying to worry his Grandson, he did not mention what he had remembered.  

        "Yami," Solomon said, "I must say, 'You look so old'"  

        Yami, after hearing the familiar line was getting ready for a long speech.  

        "There comes a time in every boy's life when he turns into a man," Grandpa continued, not noticing his Grandson's bored expression.  

        "I believe that you should start looking for a wife, look in the towns for only EGYPTIAN women. And to help you with your finding, I will set a ball with all the women in Egypt to be there. Now rest my Grandson and think of what you are going to do tomorrow." With that, Yami walked off with his Dark Magician and went to bed.  

        -Weird, This is the first time the pharaoh has taken action on his words for my future.- Yami thought 

Yami'sRoom

   & nbsp;    It was early morning and Yami was having a hard time sleeping. 

Yami's mind. (kinda like a soul room)

        Marriage!?! Soloman must be kidding! Just then, a sound penetrated Yami's thoughts  

        "Oh Yami, help me, help me...hahahahahaha, you think I'm miserable, but I'm having the time of my life! But I'll be back, you can count on it!!!" 

        "Who are you?!?" shouted Yami, into the darkness of the room. Yami realized that he was shaking and covered in sweat. Then, the Dark Magician stepped into view. Seeing him reassured Yami that he was all right. Yami sat cross-legged on the bed and motioned for the Dark Magician to sit beside him.

        "Are you alright?" Dark Magician asked. Yami, glad he had someone to talk to, told him what was on his mind.  

"Remember when the Pharaoh called me earlier today?" The Dark Magician nodded.  

"Well," Yami began, "He said its time for me to start looking for a wife." 

"I can't say I don't want to get married, IN THE FAR, FAR FUTURE!!!" Yami practically shouted, then quieted his voice again,  

"But I feel so young, and not ready, and I do not know what I feel," he continued.

The Dark Magician gave Yami an understanding look.  

"And it's not that the girls here are ugly, but nobody sparks my interest." Yami, felt better now that someone knew what he felt. Then he turned to the Magician, who seemed to be deep in thought. Then the Dark Magician spoke.  

"There is not a man residing in this land who can tell the Nile where to run, no beast who walks the Earth who tells the sun to shine, or no monster who can move the mountains. Only the gods can choose and change your destiny and you will marry when it is time."  

Yami looked at the wise magician wishing that he would know his true destiny and mentally stored the wise advice for future use.  

        "Is anything else bothering you Yami?" The Magician asked. Then Yami remembered the voice.  

"Yes, there is as a matter of fact, as I was thinking about my marriage, I heard a voice. It was calling out to me yet I can't tell who it was, it was talking like I had hurt its master in some way, and then it threatened me and went away."  

"I don't know what this voice could be Yami but until I find out, you should be on your guard," The Dark Magician replied.  

"But I don't see a need to tell the pharaoh about that if that's what you're worried about." He added, seeing a look in Yami's eyes that was searching for an answer. Yami let out a sigh.  

"Time for you to go back to bed" The Dark Magician said as Yami went back to bed. 

"Hahahahahahaha (evil cackle) we'll meet soon Yami, you can count on it!" Yami heard this chilling statement just as he closed his eyes.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Quote of the moment-

"These five words in my head scream are we having fun yet?"

-Nickelback

 

Like? Review.

 

-You're so old comment from movie

 

Reviews influence story…please u don't like or have suggestions, they will most likely be seen.

 

Sweetmisery2790@yahoo.com e-mail me, I am always willing to chat

1120words