Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ My Big Fat Egyptian Wedding ❯ The plans and the beginning of an adventure ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
My Big Fat Egyptian Wedding
Author: SweetMisery1
Rating: PG
Warnings:
Yamis are solid cause this is the past life
I do not own My big fat Egyptian Wedding…nor will I ever.
This story takes place in ancient Egypt
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~
The Plans and the Beginning of an Adventure:
 

        The next morning, Yami was woken up by a servant, dressed, and shooed down the hall to breakfast with Soloman.

        He was met with the sight of the pharaoh pouring over scrolls of some sort. Soloman had his brow furrowed with a very tired expression on his face. He did not look up as his grandson entered the room. Whatever was troubling Soloman, it was deep.

        Most of the meal went silently, until the pharaoh looked Yami directly in the eye. Yami felt as if the eye contact was made of pure fire.

        "Times are desperate, Yami. I will not hide it from you any longer, Shadow duels are becoming more and more common, and monsters are running wild. I will not be around forever, and it will be your responsibility to save our people." Soloman informed, Yami just nodded. He had never really been informed with the on goings of the empire. "I am also concerned with you finding a wife. I have made plans to have a ball that every woman in Egypt will attend to. Maybe that will give you a taste of those outside the palace walls." Soloman continued. Yami, stunned by this news, just sat there and nodded.

        "May I be excused?" Yami asked. Answered with a nod, Yami called for the Dark Magician and ran to the courtyards.

        Yami and the Dark Magician ran to their favorite spot. It was a little oasis just outside the gardens. There they sat and talked, "Oh, Dark Magician. What am I to do?!?" Yami exclaimed, "Can't he see that I do not wish to be wed?" Yami started pacing. "Maybe I'll run away, or hide, or scream and shout or.or.I don't know!!!"

        The Dark Magician sat quietly through this sudden outburst of emotion and calmly replied, "I will stand by whatever path you choose, but remember life is not as simple as it seems. Never is it simply one is better than the other but a mixture of things. Many a men would wish to be in this place. And yet here you are trying to get out. Life is very hard out there." The mage stared off at the village thoughtfully *Maybe it is time you found out what that life is like.*

        Suddenly, a servant called, "Prince Yami!, the Celtic Gaurdian is here for your lesson."

        Yami ran off, leaving the mage to his thoughts, happy for the distraction.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~         Three hours after Yami left his Dark Magician to his thoughts, the young boy collapsed on his pharaoh-sized bed (SM: lol makes sense doesn't it?) Every muscle hurt, even the ones he did not know he had ached.

        Hours later, when he was supposed to be asleep, Yami heard the door open and closely and the Dark Magician stepped into the moonlight, becoming visible.

        Yami quickly pretended to sleep. The Dark Magician silently tiptoed his way over the 'sleeping' form. Yami risked opening an eye only to be caught with the sight of the Dark Magician intently staring at him. At chuckle slipped its way from the mage at the sight of the boy's horrible acting.

        "Yami stop pretending." The mage said to the tired boy. Yami sat up, yawned and looked at the monster. The mage was across the room pulling a bundle out from the shadows. He then threw it at the now-confused boy. "Put these on, and don't bother putting on the royal jewels. Hurry, time is of the essence." The Dark Magician instructed the Prince. Yami obeyed him and began to undress, despite the cold weather and the complaints from his aching muscles.

        The chosen outfit consisted of a pale, dusty, tan cloak with a hood, and robes in similar color. A simple rope belt held the robes closed around his body and he had a canteen and a satchel with some food in it was fastened to his hips by leather cords. After he took in the plebian look of the outfit by the light of a few candles and the moonlight, Yami looked up at the mage, silently seeking instruction. The mage only took Yami's hand and led him to the balcony. Next to the railing was a rope.

        The mage looked Yami in the eyes and spoke softly to him, "Sir, tonight we will travel across the sands to the village. There we will live like commoners to show you who you are to rule, I want you to look at everything, ask questions but fit in. You shall see how they people live and how hard it is for them to live. I hope this will always be in your mind as you rule. Be forewarned, times are bad and money is scarce, they see us as those of fault, so we are to go incognito. No one will know of us. We will leave our names behind us and acquire new. Your name shall be Kai and my own DK(SM: no not Donky Kong). We will return in a few suns, wiser about our empire, in order to keep peace. Any questions before we leave on our quest?" Yami looked, stunned at the mage.

        After a few moments of silence passed between the two, Yami looked up at the mage again, "DK when do we leave?" The monster smiled and threw the rope over the edge after securing it to the ledge. He checked the rope and jumped over the railing, scaling the building. Yami followed a few feet later, just incase he fell. While on their downward trek, Yami looked down at the mage and asked, "What of the pharaoh?"

        The mage just smiled back and answered, "It's all taken care of." And with that, he turned his attention back to the task at hand.

        A few moments later, the two reached the bottom. Conveniently, a wagon was preparing to depart back to the village. The two hopped in unnoticed and got settled just before the wagon departed. Yami soon fell asleep from the rocking motion's spell, the Dark Magician keeping a watchful eye out for him.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
        At the palace (in Soloman's room) Soloman sat at his desk, pouring over scrolls, yet again. "Damn these people and their problems." He cursed to the work he had to still complete. He had just finished his current scroll and was reaching for another when a piece of parchment caught his eye.

        On his nightstand, was a small piece of paper with a message written on it, curious, he stood and stiffly walked over to the nightstand.

        It simply read:

        He is ready, and we have gone.

Soloman smiled, and simply said, "About time DK, bring Kai home safe." He said to himself, remembering the good times of his own adventures with the Dark Magician.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*
Just a note that The Dark Magician was Soloman's monster before
 
Please review