Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ My Big Fat Egyptian Wedding ❯ The Marketplace and Misfortunate children of no fault ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Story: My Big Fat Egyptian Wedding
Author: SweetMisery1
Rating: PG-13
Chapter:The Marketplace and Misfortunate children of no fault
BAKURA APPEARS yay!!!

Sorry about before

Disclaimer: I do not own Yu-gi-oh, of Pirates of the Caribbean.

Please review, tink of some circumstances for the chick to come into play

The wagon drove all through the starry night, Kai (Yami) slept peacefully in his Dark Magician's lap. DK (Dark Magician) slept sitting up, finally giving into fatigue in the late hours of the night. All of a sudden, the wagon started to slow, jostling its passengers and waking the mage up. He looked at the teen in his lap, disappointed that he had to disrupt the peaceful dream he seemed to be in. Gently, he shook Kai awake and watched his crimson eyes flutter open and his entire body contorted to stretch his sore muscles.

        “We need to leave now,” the Mage instructed. In silence, they proceeded to gather their few belongings. DK looked out the back of the wagon and took Kai's hand. Together, the two leaped from the wagon and into the sand, landing right in front of the stone gates to the pharaoh's city. Looking past the gates, Kai's eyes took in a place teaming with activity. People buzzing around that would soon be under his rule. All the commoners had dark, tan skin, and most of them had short, black hair. The sights amazed the boy, but the other senses overwhelmed him. The sounds of the merchants loudly proclaiming their goods to the possible buyers below, people chatting in loud tones to compete with the haggling of the merchants and buyers, and the animals not wanting to be left out of the commotion was all-consuming. The smells of baked goods and fruits, the sweat of Egyptians from the sun, and the sweet waters of the Nile nearby tickled him.

        The Dark Magician began to make his way through the massive amounts of people and motioned for Yami to follow. The boy followed, turning his head in complete disorder to see everything.

        The two went down the street, observing the everyday occurrences, when the voice of a distressed shop owner pierced the air.

        “Help! Thief! He stole my fruit,” The man yelled. Suddenly, a flash of white passed the two newcomers and darted down the ally they were near. The two royals in disguise looked at each other and nodded in silent agreement, and ran down the ally in hot pursuit.

        With the thief in front and an angry mob behind them chasing the thief, the duo tracked the thief behind a tapestry that was hanging flush with the walls, hiding another ally way. While the mob continued straight, the two veered into the hidden passage. They slowed to a walk, seeing the gaunt white-haired boy devouring his succulent prize as if it was the first sign of food in days, which it probably was. The poor boy was so focused on his meal; he was oblivious to the intruders in his domain.

        The boy looked about Yami's age, and he sported pure white hair that seemed to be permanently tousled into spikes. His limbs were thin and his skin was streaked with dirt. The juice from his fruit created dusty trails on his face down to his chin, and he had the deepest, darkest, brown eyes.

        The boy finally looked up and upon seeing the trespassers, began to get up and look for a way of escape. With the blink of an eye, the Dark Magician blocked the exit of the alleyway.

        Speaking softly to the boy, Yami began questioning, never being one to jump to conclusions, “What is your name?” he started with.

        The boy smirked and replied, “I don't normally fraternize with the pharaoh's dogs.”

        ̶ 0;Just humor me,” Yami retorted.

        “F ine. Bakura is my name, staying alive is my never ending game.” With that, the boy jumped on a ledge and leaped to the rooftop of the house behind him. Looking down, he called down to the enemies below, “Always remember this as the day you almost caught the famous Bakura, and that you never want to find him again for it would mean peril to you both!!!” and the boy disappeared from sight.

        Just then, the mob of angry Egyptians came into the alleyway.

        “D id you catch him?” one asked.

        “Almo st,” Yami repealed, “but he got away.”

        Frown s appeared on the face that seemed to belong to the storeowner. The man spoke up, “I have a family to feed, and its people like HIM who make that task almost impossible, I'm barley keeping my wife and children off the streets as well as pay the pharaoh's high taxes.” Yami reached into his robes and pulled out a money pouch filled with an assortment of coins.

        “Here ,” he said, tossing it to the merchant, “This should be more than enough to cover the cost of what that thief stole. Take it and leave the boy alone. It is not his fault he was chosen by the gods to live in poverty. If you should see him again, turn a blind-eye.” Yami requested.

        As the mob turned back, the man turned to Yami, clutching the money to his chest, “Thank you, may that gods look kindly upon you, and I will heed to your request, it is the least I can do for your generosity.”

         ;Up on the rooftop a flask of white was seen.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
The sun was stationed high over-head, beating down upon the royal duo in the alleyway of the market. Yami, astonished that anyone so young would need to steal to survive, began making his way back to the market place with his guardian close behind. Now, not distracted with a chase, the young prince took note of the state of the city streets. Rats were in no short supply, beggars sat in rags that barley kept them decent, and children scurried everywhere. The children were fighting over scraps of food, playing in dirt, crying, and the older children tried to comfort the hunger driven little ones.
White, there, in the corner. Yami made a double take and sure enough the boy he met earlier was stashing what he stole before in an empty, broken-down house and passed another poverish boy. As he came to the boy, he `accidentally' let a piece of his steal drop into the boy's lap, and when on his way.
I guess there is some good in him Yami thought as he witnessed the charitable act and continued on him way.
The two appeared at the market minutes later and disappeared into the congested crowd.
The rest of the day was filled with excitement as the prince took in the sight of the beautiful objects the merchants were selling, his over-protective monster close at hand. All was peaceful until he turned to his magician.
“DK, don't you think-“ the prince said, as he turned around. He saw nothing but the dirt on the ground, and the sea of people. “DK?” he called. “DK, DK!” he cries became more and more frantic, as he called his monster's false name.
He turned back to the stall he was viewing, and came face to face with a group of grungy looking boys with sinister smiles and daggers in their hands.
“Well, well, seems this boy has lost his monster. Maybe we should help him out, and escort him to a safer place.”
Course rope was felt on his wrists as he was `handcuffed' and roughly shoved out of the safety of the crowd and into another eerie alleyway. As they rounded the corner of a narrow corridor, a tied, blindfolded, and gagged Dark Magician was spotted and seemed to be unharmed.
“DK-“ Yami called, but was none-to-gently kicked in the ribs and shoved next to the purple robed monster.
“Sit down and shut-up,” one of the boys said. The boy was tall, had spiky hair that unique violet eyes that were an open vortex to the owner's emotions. “You people think you are so much better, going around in your fancy clothes and jewels, not even giving a shit about us.” He spat at them, and stamped into the group of boys behind him.
“Marik, calm down,” one of them said to the blonde boy. This boy was said to the blond boy. This boy was much taller then the blond one who's name seemed to be Marik. This boy looked about mid-twenties, his head was shaved bald, all except a small patch that hung down in a long ponytail and tied with a leather strip. He had Egyptian markings on one side of his face. “Go get the boss,” he said to yet another boy. The boy only nodded, and dashed out of the alley.
Marik stalked back to his captives, and smacked Yami in the head. “Its due time that those higher up gave a shit about us,” he began. “I know what goes on in the palace, those pompous fools only strut around and do nothing that they don't receive a benefit in return. Heck! I used to be part of the big scam.” Marik paced in from of the incognito royalty. His eyes were like a storm just brewing with hate and anger. “That's right, I was to be a priest, but as soon as I was initiated, that son of a bitch, Shabaka, threw me out for healing his goddamn child.” Marik was turning red from anger. He ripped his shirt off and continued screaming, “I gave them my body, mind, and soul. What did they give me in return? To be cast out on the streets for a good deed, and my future given to Set. That's what I get.” Yami huddled closer to his monster, as he looked at his past healer. He decided it was best to keep quiet about his true identity. “Maybe killing a noble is what someone needs to do to have their voice be heard,” he continued, pulling out a dagger and pressing it to Yami's neck.
“Stop Marik,” said a voice in the crowd of poor boys. The faceless voice stepped out, and it was the boy from the chase earlier.
“Why should I? He doesn't give a shit about us, just like all the rest of them,” Marik said, pressing the dagger even closer to the prince's neck, still not drawing blood.
“Who says?” Bakura asked, his voice relaying that he had more to say. At that comment, Marik slowly took the dagger away from Yami's neck.
“Go on.” Marik instructed, giving his full attention.
“He helped me.” Bakura simply said.
“You're lying.” Marik stated.
“No, he paid the merchants to stop tailing me.” Bakura countered.
“Impossible. The gods must be playing with you.” Marik said.
“Then they must be tricking us all,” another voice stated, “No one was chased past the mouth of the alley when they stole from that merchant after Bakura returned today.” At that comment, many voices began to concur.
Marik turned to his captives, “And why would you wish to pity us?” He undid the gag on Yami.
“Why not,” he replied, “you have done nothing wrong in this life but steal for your own survival. It is about time someone shed a coin of pity on your behalf.” Marik looked thoughtful.
“Give me one good reason to let you go,” he finally said.
“Because just like you have done nothing to live the life you have, I have done nothing to sin against you except to be born a noble,” the prince answered wisely, still not giving away just how noble he was.
With only a few moments hesitation, Marik cut the ropes, and set the two free. Both nobles stood, and looked to the sky; during their captivity, the son had slowly set. Now there were only a few rays of light left before dark.
“Do you have a place to stay?” Bakura asked as he saw the slightly concerned faces of the freeded captives.
“No,” the Dark Magician answered. “We cannot go anywhere for we are…not to be found.”
“Ah,” Bakura mused, “Then you shall stay with us. It is the least we can do for you generosity and patience” He offered, glaring at Marik
The magician thought it over for a minute, before accepting the offer. They followed the band of thieves to a run down shack, and entered.
Meanwhile
A figure stood in front of a large crowd of darkly clothed men.
With his crimson eyes shining, he said, “We ride tonight!” The crowed got on their horses and rode into the night
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Please review