Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Mysterious Girl ❯ Epiphany ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I know that it has been a good while since I updated here, but I actually had a few people comment that they would like to see how the plot went on this one many years ago. Even after all of this time, I have always thought about how I had hoped to complete this one and always knew how to go about it.

Now, that I have seemingly accomplished all sorts of things, I thought perhaps I would return to do that here.

I hope to include the most integral details, so that everyone can gain an idea about the concept of how I imagined this would go.

On that note, here are those thoughts.

~

As soon as the world has seemingly settled all around them, Yugi looks around at his surroundings. He can recognize them again as being one of the avenues in his city.

He looks at himself realizing that he is unscathed and much of things appear seemingly back to normal.

He wonders if, perhaps, he was consumed with some sort of illusion. Even more so, he wonders if a Millennium item may have somehow been responsible for this.

He thinks back to the strange piece of jewelry the girl was wearing. He begins to surmise that, surely, a new Millennium item could be capable of everything he just experienced. He knows that if he has any hope of solving this that he may have to raise his questions to the attention of his grandfather again.

He sighs and stands up, and after checking his clothes to make sure everything about him is straightened, he quickly makes a dash from town back to his home.

Once he sees his house, he jumps through the door. “Where are you?!” he calls for the only father he has known for some time.

“I’m here in the kitchen. Just washing dishes-- what is it that you need?” his warm voice rumbles.

“I have to know more about this,” he speaks as he retrieves the family photo from his pocket and he unfolds it. “I have so many questions about the girl in this picture.”

He eyes him and the photo carefully and he speaks, stoic,  ”You know I have not much more memory on that.”

“You must know something,” he insists.

The elder’s shoulders relax as he lets the dishes settle into the bubbling suds. He sighs with the best he has in him, and he looks at the boy deciding he has waited long enough. “It is time I told you the honest truth I know about everything.”

“The truth?” he reiterates.

“The truth about that photograph,” he speaks matter-of-factly as he dries his hands on a dish towel before carefully taking the photo so he can inspect it closely. “Let us sit in here so that I can explain.”

After settling down side-by-side on a quilt-laden sofa, the elder holds the photograph before them and he tells him straightforward, “You mustn’t let curious things like this keep you for a lifetime as I have done. That’s why I feel now I should tell you that the girl in this photo is your sister.”

“M-my sister?”

“Yes, this is when we all visited Egypt with your parents on holiday. She was there with us.”

“Did something happen?”

“Are you sure you want me to explain?”

“I really think I should know more about her!”

He thinks on this for a good time before continuing, “We were near one of the legendary temples that lead into one of the Pyramids. Sure, we all were there just as much for our interest to study everything, but…”

Yugi really hopes to glean more about what he could possibly be holding back.

“I-it was as if a vortex of some sort was responsible. One moment, we were all vacationing as a normal family, then the next, I turn to see that your sister is holding this strange jewelry in her hand…”

“Jewelry?!”

“Yes. It is my belief that someone had given it to her, but just as quickly as it was noticed, this strange vortex appeared and your sister went through.”

He gasps in astonishment at this revelation as he hopes to wrap his thoughts on how this may have been possible. “Was it from somebody else, or the jewelry?”

“Well, it was so bright beyond that.”

“Your eyes…,” he reassures him as he pieces together his words for him. “I think that she could be alive.”

“What do you suggest?” he speaks as he crosses his arms and raises an eyebrow at him. “I have already returned there several times myself trying to locate her or the source of this.”

“Well, I think I have seen her in town! I honestly believe this could be here.”

“That is quite an assertion. Perhaps, you have spent more time gazing at this photo to the point you have begun to dream with your eyes open,” he speaks heartily as he lightly takes the photo from him again and holds it close.

“What--”

“I think it may be best if I keep this safe for a while,” he insists as he places it carefully within his chest pocket.” I understand you needing to process everything, but you are beginning to make the most interesting remarks, now.”

“I am telling you this for a fact. I saw her! Maybe the jewelry was helping her somehow and she returned. I’m wondering if it could be another Millenium item.”

“A Millenium item yet discovered, I suppose,” he speaks as he stands and stretches his back. “It has been one of my greatest expeditions; I can assure you of that.”

Yugi begins to return to the kitchen, but he has one more question for him as he patiently speaks, “You believe me, don’t you? When I say that I really think she is alive?”

“Then, what if she does make her way back to us?” the elder quips in turn.

 

He considers this for a gentle while. In fact, the thoughts follow him into a more relaxed sleep and into his dreams as the familiar smiling images of the girl he understands, now, to be his sister show like reels through the calm and peaceful night.