Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Nature's Calling ❯ The Lockets ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I only own Amy.
 
“talking”
thought
/hikari to yami/
//yami to hikari//
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$
*******Hikari's POV*******
 
Darkness. That's all that I could see. There was nothing…but darkness. Where was the light?
 
Strangely, I heard a voice.
 
“You are one of the chosen that bears a millennium item and another soul…” The voice sounded far away, and had no emotion in its voice.
 
I tried to pinpoint where the voice came from, but I still could only see darkness.
 
Then I felt a warm sensation flow through me, a power that I wasn't aware of until now. The power flowed through my veins and I felt…content. I don't know why, but I did.
 
Then I see a locket floating in mid air! The locket mesmerized me. It was beautiful. It was made of gold, and in the shape of a heart. I reached out to touch it but I was awakened by the sound of my alarm clock.
 
Groaning, I sat up in bed and looked at my alarm clock. I shrieked with surprise, it read 7:55! I'm late!!! I got up, and franticly put on the school uniform, how unfortunate that I had knocked over my millennium item. After I had gotten dressed, I met face to face with my yami. Oh boy.
 
“Uh…oops?” I said. Then I looked at the clock. It read 8:00! “AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I'M LATE FOR SCHOOL!!!!!” I made a mad dash for the item, my bag, and books then out the door.
*******Normal POV*******
 
Yugi, Marik (hikari) and Ryou barely made it to homeroom. Their yami's still pretty ticked off about the millennium-item-falling-on-the-floor thing. Yugi sat in the middle of Marik and Ryou with their friends eyeing them with concern.
 
The classes, as usual, were boring and actually pretty fast.
 
“Marik! Ryou!” Yugi called. The addressed teens turned to him and waited for him to catch up.
 
“What is it?” Ryou asked.
 
“My cousin wants us to come by the game shop at about 3:30. Can ya' come?” Yugi asked in urgency.
 
Marik and Ryou looked at each other and nodded.
 
“Race ya' there!” Marik shouted and ran towards the game shop.
 
Ryou and Yugi just blinked and ran after him.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$
 
“Amy! I'm back!” Yugi shouted.
 
As if on cue, a girl with long, laired blonde hair, wearing blue jean shorts, a white t-shirt that says Angel in pink letters and fiery amber colored eyes.
 
She smiled at the hikari's and motioned for them to follow her. They followed her into her room and she closed the door and launched into conversation.
 
“You wouldn't believe who came to talk to me!” Amy exclaimed. “And I think the yami's will want to hear this as well.”
 
With that said, the yami's appeared in solid form next to their respective hikari's.
 
“Isis (not Ishizu) came to speak to me. She told me that the balance of light and dark has tilted in the dark's favor!”
 
“Oh that's just great!!” Marik and Malik said in unison.
 
“Do you have any idea on what we do about this?” Yami asked.
 
“No.”
 
“We're in trouble.” Ryou and Bakura said in unison.
 
Yugi cocked his head. He turned to look at his cousin and decided to ask her something.
 
“Ames?”
 
“Hm?”
 
“Didn't you tell me that you had six lockets with mysterious power?”
 
“…Yeah…”
 
“Where are they?”
 
“I have them right in my pocket. Why?”
 
“Can we see them? Maybe we can use those to equal things out.”
 
“That's a good idea!”
 
Amy dug into her pocket and pulled out three silver lockets and three gold lockets. She gave the yami's the silver lockets and the hikari's the gold lockets.
 
“I don't know what power they have, but in times of danger they can be used.” Amy told them.
 
“We should be going now. It's after 5.” Ryou told the group.
 
Marik and Malik's eyes widened with terror. They spoke real fast that they had to leave and made a mad dash to their home.
 
Everyone else just blinked.
 
Ryou and Bakura said their good-byes and left for home.
 
Yugi and Yami turned their attention to Amy.
 
Yami decided to ask Amy the question Yugi and himself had.
 
“Amy? Do you have any idea what the lockets do?”
 
“…Yes…”
 
“What do they do, cousin?” Yugi asked.
 
“…The power of the lockets transforms the person into the animal inside them. They can become half animal half person.”
 
“Do you know how to use them?” Yami and Yugi asked.
 
“You just open the open the locket and wish to become the animal inside. We had best have dinner before jii-chan (spelling?) calls us.”
 
They left Amy's room and went to have dinner.