Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Nature's Calling ❯ It's Marik and Malik's Turn ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Still prologue.
Thoughts
/hikari to yami/
//yami to hikari//
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$
At school…
 
“I'm tellin' ya'!” Said an aggravated Joey. “Three harpies attacked us and we were saved by two people that were half animal half person!”
 
“Keep telling yourself that Joey.” Said a random kid.
 
“Yugi, you believe me don't ya'?”
 
The addressed teen looked at him.
 
“Anything could happen.” Yugi stated.
 
The teacher came inside the classroom before anyone could say a word.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$
Marik, Ryou and Yugi walked together after school.
 
“Yugi, did you find out anything on the lockets?” Marik asked the teen.
 
“Uh…”
 
Yugi thought back to what Amy had said to him and Yami.
 
You can't tell Ryou and Marik. They must find out on their own. Same goes for their yamis.
 
“No. Not really.” He hated lying to his fellow hikari's but he had to.
 
They went to the park to do their homework. Yugi had already told his grandpa and Amy where they would be.
 
While in the middle of their homework, they saw that the people that were in the park disappear. The yami's came out of their respective millennium item and stood in front of their hikari's.
 
It was silent. There wasn't even a breeze. No wind to rattle the leaves, no sound at all.
 
“Well, this is eerie.” Malik stated.
 
“I would have to agree with him, for once.” Bakura replied.
 
“That wasn't nice.” Ryou chimed his yami.
 
“I know.”
 
Then a blast of energy headed straight toward them. Malik and Bakura picked up their hikari's but were shocked that Yugi could easily pick Yami up and jump out of harms way.
 
When they landed, a whip was heading for Yugi but he did a series of back flips and dodged the attack. Yami ran towards Yugi and another blast of energy sent them flying into the forest.
 
“I think this is a good time to transform.” Yami stated. Yugi nodded his agreement. They pulled out their lockets, opened them and concentrated on their animal form.
 
They both glowed for ten seconds then emerged from the light.
 
Yami wearing a tight leather shirt with no sleeves, tight leather pants, a leather belt, and leather boots all of which were the color black. He had a dagger that was on his belt and a silver headband with a black crescent moon in the middle. Yami also had the ears, tail and teeth of a wolf (forgot to mention that).
 
Yugi wore the same thing as Yami except the leather was white. On his back were a bow and a quiver of arrows. He had the ears, tail, teeth and claws of a mountain cat.
 
They sprang out from the forest and saw that there were two Beast Tamers. The Beast Tamers were just about to strike when Yami attacked one of them as a distraction. Yugi took the hikari's and placed them on the edge of the forest.
 
“Are you guys all right?” Yugi tried to ask.
 
Marik and Ryou just gave him blank stares. Then Yugi realized that he must have been talking like a cat. Yami ran up to them carrying the other yami's.
 
“Ryou, you and Bakura should find out if there are any people here.” Marik told the addressed teen. Ryou nodded in understanding and left with Bakura. Marik, Malik and Yami then heard a cry from the half mountain cat. Yami ran and saw that one of the Beast Tamers had Yugi tied up by its whip. Yami was about to rescue Yugi when the other Beast Tamer caught Yami.
 
“Malik! We have to help them!”
 
“I know! But how?”
 
“Open your lockets and concentrate on the animal within you.” Amy replied.
 
“AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!” Marik and Malik cried.
 
“Just do it!” Then Amy disappeared.
 
“What have we got to lose?” Malik inquired.
 
Marik shrugged. They opened their lockets and began concentrating on becoming an animal. After they were engulfed in the light for a few seconds, they emerged from the light but looked a little different.
 
Malik had a tight black shirt, tight black pants, a black belt and black boots. He also had a silver headband that held his hair up with a black star in the middle of it. Malik also had the wings of a hawk and a sword in its scabbard hooked to his belt.
 
Marik had the same out fit as Malik except that it was white. He had a gold headband with a white star in the middle. Marik had the tail, ears and teeth of a coyote. His sword was in its scabbard and hooked to his belt.
 
“Lets go help them!” Marik shouted.
 
Malik flew up into the air while Marik went to free Yugi and Yami. Malik then tackled both Beast Tamers and pinned them down then took them up in the air.
 
Marik then started chewing on the whip. After a few seconds of gnawing on it, the whip snapped.
 
“Thanks Marik!” Yugi replied.
 
“Yugi?! Yami?!”
 
Yugi went over to Yami and cut the whip with his claws. After Yugi freed Yami, he climbed up a tree.
 
“Malik! Throw one over here!” Yugi shouted.
 
Malik threw one of the Beast Tamers to Yugi. Yugi caught the Beast Tamer with his claws and threw it to Marik. Marik took his sword out and did a down slash when the Beast Tamer was in range. The Beast Tamer then became a card.
 
Malik threw the last one to Yami. When the Beast Tamer was on the ground, Yami stabbed the Beast Tamer in the heart that also became a card. They then heard a cry of distress from Yugi and saw that a red armored magician captured him.
 
Malik charges from the air towards the magician but a force field blocked him from getting any closer.
 
“Let me GO!!!!” Then Yugi scratched the magician with his claws. The magician dropped Yugi and was then saved by Malik.
 
“Thanks. Do you mind if I climb onto your back?”
 
“Just don't scratch me.”
 
Yugi then stood up on Malik's back and took off his bow. He reached for an arrow and took aim at the magician. Yugi then let go and the arrow multiplied into 25 arrows and hit the magician. The magician then became a card.
 
Malik landed and Yugi got off his back.
 
“So that's what these things do?” Malik asked.
 
“Yep.” Yugi replied.
 
Ryou and Bakura then came back and saw the other yami's and hikari's were ok. When they asked about the monsters and the half animal half people, they just said that they had beaten the monsters and the half animal half people left.
 
Marik then looked at his watch and paled several shades of white. Malik looked at Marik's watch and paled also.
 
“Ishizu's gonna have our heads if we're late again!” Marik shouted.
 
Marik and Malik said their good-byes and made a mad dash for home. The others said good-bye and went their separate ways.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$
R&R please!