Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ New Beginnings ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I was just struck with insperation, so I'm gonna use it before I forget ^^;

~*~*~*~*~

Malik walked into the hospital room in a daze. Everyone turned their heads when he entered the room. Serenity smiled at her lover, but frowned at the expression on his face."Malik, honey, are you ok?" she asked. Malik shook his head."No. It's nothing."

"Malik..." Her lover smiled,"It's nothing Serenity. Really." Serenity smiled."Ok."

"Malik Ishtar! Where have you been? You better have the groceries I asked for." Malik held up the bag of food to his sister-in-law."I got everything you wanted Mai." Mai walked over to him and snatched the bag from his hands. After looking through it she patted Malik's shoulder."Good. I should send you out for my grocery shopping instead of Joey, Malik."

"If I didn't know better, I'd think I was just insulted," Joey said from his spot by the door. Yami Malik laughed,"Then you don't know better."

"Hey, watch it Ishtar!"

"Bring it puppy."

"Joey behave. What kind of example are you showing to Kassie when you fight all the time?" Joey lowered his head."I'm sorry Mai." Mai smiled."I kno you are. By the way, where is Kassie?"

"She took Nahkti to the bathroom," Yami Malik answered."They've been gone for a while now." Malik smirked. As much as he didn't want to admit it, Yami Malik was very fond of Nahkti. When he was born, Yami Malik didn't even want to leave the baby's side, even when the doctors took him to get him cleaned.

Just then the door flew open crashing against the wall with a loud "BANG!" Serenity gasped and Mai rushed to her side trying to calm her down. Joey shook his head and gave a stern look to the small figures standing in the door way."Kassie, you know better than to slam doors! Now apologize to your aunt now." A small girl with bright blond hair and beautiful amber eyes rushed to Serenity's bedside. The little girl gaved her aunt a sorry look, her eyes instantly watering."I'm sorry I scared you Auntie Serenity! I didn't mean to slam the door, but Nahkti told me to!"

With that said the little boy "humph"ed and cried out,"I didn't tell you anything Kassie! You slammed the door by yourself!" The little girl gave her cousin a mean look, Mai gave her daughter a stern one."Kasandra Li Ann Wheeler! You know better than to lie, now apologize to your cousin," she ordered. Kassie whined,"But Mom-"

"Now young lady."

Kassie faced her cousin and mumbled a small apology. Nahkti accepted it, knowing he would get in trouble if he didn't. Malik smiled."Now that that's taken care, how are you habibi[1]?" Serenity smiled at her husband,"Just fine, koi. But the baby seems to be kicking more." She rubbed her stomache absent mindedly. Malik smiled and kissed his lover's cheek."He's just telling you he's ready, love." Serenity chuckled softly."And what makes you think its a boy, sweetie?" Yami Malik scoffed."The Ishtaur family is practically made of males," he stated."What makes you think its not a boy hikari-lover[2]?"

Mai huffed and waved her finger at the spirit."What about Isis?" she asked annoyed. Yami Malik scowled,"Isis was a lucky accident." Mai huffed and turned away from the Egyptain spirit. Malik sweat dropped./Did you really have to say that yami?/

//Hikari, you know it's true!//

/Yeah.....but did you have to say it like that?/

//Yes// was the shameless reply. Malik shook his head and sighed."If you say so yami." Yami Malik huffed and crossed his arms.

Kassie and Nahkti were looking through the grocery bag that Malik had brought and were eyeing the delicous treats."Mommy, can I have some candy?" Nahkti asked, giving his mother a pleading look. Serenity smiled at her and nodded."Let me see the bag for a while first ok?" Nahkti nodded and grabbed the bag from Kassie, who puffed her cheeks and "harumph"ed her cousin. Nahkti handed the bag to Mai, who gave it to Serenity. She looked through the bag and took out her Hershey's Kisses, with almonds. Mai got her Skittles and tossed Yami Malik his M&M's. Nahkti ran to the spirit who gave him a handful of the chocolates. Mai gave Kassie some Skittles. Malik and Joey sighed as everyone gorged on the sweets.

"So, Malik, what took you so long at the store?" Joey asked, trying to create some small talk. Malik looked the ground at his fidgeting feet."You know. There was a big line at the registor." Joey nodded.

Malik yelled at himself for not telling Joey what happened. But how could he? He didn't even understand what had happened. The memory just played itself over and over in his head.

Yami Malik looked up just as the memory started again.

~*~Flashback~*~

"Ryou....?"

Malik couldn't believe it. After all these years, Ryou was alive. He had to fight the urge to go over and hug his friend. Please don't let this be a dream, Malik prayed to himself. Please, Ra, don't let it be a dream.

Curious brown eyes stared at the Egyptian."Excuse me, but who are you?" Malik's mouth fell to the floor. How can't he remeber me? he thought."I'm Malik, remeber? We're best friends," Malik said, almost hysterically. The brown eyes looked at him with such lost, that it pained the Egyptian."I'm sorry, but I don't know you."

Reality made itself known; by smacking Malik in the face. This wasn't Ryou. Ryou would never forget Malik. Ryou would never look at him like that. Ryou would never........ but if this wasn't Ryou, then who are they?

That when he had noticed. He wasn't talking to Ryou but a young woman. Her green hair was held in a high pony tail, her faded blue jeans hung slightly loose at her hips. And her eyes...Her eyes were exactly like Ryou's. A pair of beautiful, innocent, brown eyes. Malik choked on a sob. How could he have thought that Ryou was alive? His friend was dead and buried and wasn't supposed to come back.

The young woman took a step towards Malik."Daijobou ka?" she asked in a soft voice. Malik choked again, she even sounded like him."Da-Daijobou," he stuttered back. He quickly gained back his posture and bowed at the young woman."Gomen, it's just you remind me of a friend of mine." The woman smiled."Everyone says that to me," she said sheepishly,"I guess I have one of those faces huh?" Malik smiled."I guess you do." It took him a while but he managed to say his name. The woman bowed and introduced herself as Thialo. Malik laughed."Doesn't that mean 'hell?'" he asked. The woman nodded and sighed."My father has a weird sense of humor," she replied.

After paying for their groceries, the two walked out their cars, which were parked right next to each other."So you and your husband just moved here huh?" Malik asked as he placed the groceries in the trunk of his car. Thialo nodded."My husband and I grew up here actually, so we know are way around."

"So, got any kids?" Malik asked sheepishly. Thialo nodded."Yes, do you?" Malik whipped out his wallet with a picture of Nahkti and Yami Malik posing."You have two?" Thialo asked surprised. Malik shook his head."No. The tall one is my brother. The little one is my son, Nahkti." Thialo nodded as Malik put his wallet away."I'm sorry but I don't have a picture of my son," Thialo said. "Its ok."

Malik looked at his watch and realized how late he was."I'm sorry but I have to get home." Thialo nodded."Oh wait!" she cried out. Malik turned around as Thialo hastly wrote on a peice of paper."Just incase you need to see me again," she explained, handing him the piece of paper. Malik studied the address written on it."Thanks," he smiled. Thialo beamed and opened her car door. She waved good-bye to the Egyptian and drove off. Malik waved back as he slipped the peice of paper in his pocket.

~*~ End Flashback~*~

Malik sighed as he fingered the piece of paper in his pocket.'Why did she even give this?' he thought,'We might not even see each other again.' //You give up too easy hikari//

/Sorry Yami/

//Call her, see her, do something!//

/Maybe later...../

//You better or I'll make you//

/Yes Yami/

Nahkti ran up to his father and hugged his legs."Daddy, I'm tired," the boy declared, looking up at Malik's eyes. Malik smiled and picked up his son."Say good-bye to Mom first then we can go home." Malik carried Nahkti to Serenity, mother and son kissed and hugged each other."Bye Mommy. Call us when da baby comes!" Serenity giggled."I will, bye baby."

"Bye Nahkti," Mai and Joey said in unison. Kassie mumbled a small "see ya." Yami Malik got up from his chair and walked over to the door."Good-bye mortals. See ya soon hikari-lover," he said as he strolled out of the room. Malik kissed Serenity forehead."Ja ne koibito," he cooed. Serenity smiled and kissed him back."Good-bye love," she whispered lovingly at him.

Malik gave a small wave at his lover as he and Nahkti walked out the door.

~*~

Done! Gomen nasai! I know its late but school is evil!><