Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ New Rules, New Game ❯ Episode 3: Lucky Number ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
~ ~ ~ scene divide
**word** flashback
//word// Yami talking to Yugi
/word/ Yugi talking to Yami




New Rules, New Game
Episode 3: Lucky Number


"OFF THE TV! IT'S ANIME HOUR!" Todd and Pietro jump off the couch in shock. Lance quickly takes over.
"Dammit! Do you have to do that every time yo?!" complains their froggy-like companion. "It's all dubbed anyway yo!"
"I don't care! It's still anime!" Pietro groans.
"The movie was just getting good too! Can't you watch that foreign shit later?" The older boy growls at them. The pair decides to leave.
"This is ridiculous yo! He's only gotten worse since Yug showed up yo!"
"Speaking of which...hey, Yugi! Where ya going?" Red eyes turn to them.
"Out."
"That was descriptive yo," comments a sarcastic Toad.

~ ~ ~

/"That wasn't very nice, Yami."/
"Dai jou bu, Aibou. They took no offense."
/Sigh. "Where are we going?"/
"To see someone."
/Blink. "You know someone here?"/
"Hai. Why don't you rest for a while? You'll only be bored."
/"Okay. Talk to you later, Yami."/ Yami can feel his aibou's consciousness drift off into sleep.
"Things will be easier for you soon, my Light."

~ ~ ~

"Hey, look." Rogue elbows Kitty in the ribs.
"Ow! Like, what? Hey, isn't that Yugi?" The two watch the boy for a minute. He's wearing his usual leathers with the addition of a leather wrist support. "Think he's up to like, no good?"
"Probly." The southern girl smirks. "Let's follow `im." Kitty grins.
"Okay!" The two start to sneak off.
"Where are you two going?"
"Eek! Oh! Like, Ororo! We're just like, goin' for a walk." The white mane mutant raises a perfectly arched brow, sensing she's not telling the entire truth.
"She saw a cute guy," Rouge fills in quickly. The woman chuckles softly at this.
"Fine, but don't cause any trouble, girls."
"Yes, mam! Come on, Rouge! Before he like, gets away!" The two run off, hoping to catch their quarry before he's gone too far.

Yami is too intent on his purpose to really notice the two girls following him, then again, he's used to the attention. They can't follow where he's going anyway.

It's not long before they come to a large, fenced in building. It obviously belongs to one of the wealthy citizens of Bayville. An electric voice speaks at the Egyptian's approach. "State your name and business."
"Muto. I have an appointment with Mister Keks."
"One moment please. ... ... ... You may proceed." The gate opens and allows him in.


Kitty and Rogue gape. "Like, Mister Keks, the big freaky, antique guy?"
"That's what he said, duh. Get us in there. Ah wanna know what he's up to."
"Maybe he's just like, buying something?"
"Yeah, right. Ah was with the Brotherhood mo' than long `nuff to know that's bull. C'mon, all ready!"
"Okay, okay." The valley girl puts a hand on the other girl's shoulder, allowing the both of them to both phase through the steel fence then the walls of the house itself.


Of course, even Yami can be wrong from time to time.


"Like, which way?" The place is huge with a number of halls and corridors, each filled with antiques of all kinds from around the world.
"Ah hear voices this way." The girls quickly follow them until they reach a large door standing ajar, just barely offering them a peek inside.


An old man in a wheelchair cackles, adjusting the quilt on his thin lap with frail hands. "And what makes ye think I'd give ye such a priceless possession? Especially if ye have no money to give?"
"I have no material things you'd care for, but I can make you a deal, Mister Keks." He places a hand on his hip in a confident fashion. "I do believe you're a gambling man." A thin, high-pitch laugh.
"So ye know me weak spot, boy. What could ye possibly offer me?"
"A game, Mister Keks. Just a game." The two are shrouded in darkness.


"Ah shit! That ain't good!"
"Like, no duh! What are we gonna do?!"
"Ah don't know! We just hafta wait it out like last time."

~ ~ ~

"What's this?!"
"Don't panic, Mister Keks. No harm will come to you here. The rules are simple." Two, ordinary white dice appear on Keks' lap. "You have three chances to roll the dice. 11 and 7 win, but snake eyes immediately loses. You are allowed to re-roll only one die if you so choose, 1 is wild on the second roll. So, Mister Keks, are you up for a gamble?" The old man stares at the dice for a while, silent. Then a grin cracks over his wrinkled face.
"Ye know me kind of game, boy. But what's the catch?"
"Oh, there's no real catch, I assure you. Only if I win you give me the artifact with no strings attached."
"And if I win?"
"Then I owe you a favor. I'm very useful, Mister Keks." The man laughs again.
"Fine, I'll play ye game, boy." He picks up the dice.

~ ~ ~

"I like, totally don't like this, Rouge."
"And ya think Ah do? Just shut up already!"
"Like, sorry! Geez..."

~ ~ ~

Two.
Three.

"Do you wish to keep either die?"
"Hmm...no, hand them here." Yami gives him the dice.

Five.
One.

The old man grins. "I'll be keeping that one, there. Hee hee hee hee." Yami grins.
"Good call, two and higher will give you the win." He hands him the die back. "But be careful of snakes in the grass, Mister Keks."
"Oh I will, boy." He throws the die.

~ ~ ~

"Like, look! It's disappearing!" Ms. Pryde is right on the mark as the darkness disappears. The aged gentleman is cackling gleefully.
"It's ov'r there, boy. Go on and take it." Yami checks the contents of an old bag decorated with a fading, golden all-seeing eye. Satisfied, he keeps it. "That puzzle's ne'er been solved, boy. If ye put it together, ye'd be a genius. A true Master of Puzzles." Yami smirks.
"I'm good at puzzles. Thank you for doing business, Mister Keks."


Rouge and Kitty duck out of sight as Yami exits the room. For a moment he stares straight at them. With a smug smirk he leaves.

"Like, what was that about?"
"I dunno. Let's jus' get outta here."

~ ~ ~

Later that night...

"What's that you're working on?" asks Lance, munching on a sloppily put together sandwich.
"Just a puzzle. I think it's supposed to be a pyramid."
"Ah. Where'd you get it?"
"An antique store. He gave it to me cheap."
"That's cool. I'm no good at this sort of thing, but ya want any help?"
"That's all right, Lance. But thank you."


"That was stupid! What if it had been a trap?"
"Well, it wasn't, Scott! So dun blow 'a' gasket!"
"Both of you calm down," orders Jean. "We should tell the professor."
"Why?" Everyone stares at Kurt. "I mean, it was just a puzzle, right? Vha's wrong with that?"
"It's probly some old magical device, man!" shouts Evan. He's still not fond of the Japanese boy.
"An' Ah didn't like the look he gave us. All smug."
"Yeah. I like, like the little guy and all, but when he gets all freaky... Who knows what he's like, thinking."
"But..."
"It's for the best, Kurt." Jean places a gentle hand on the furry shoulder. "Professor Xavier said he might not always be in control of himself. We can't be sure what he's doing."
"And it's better to be safe than sorry," adds Scott.
"I know...it's just...he's my friend."
"I don't see why," mumbles Evan. Kitty kicks his shin. "Ow!"

~ ~ ~

Click.

It really was nice of Yami to find this for him. He hasn't had this much of a challenge in a long while.

Click.

One piece at a time.

"Thank you, Yami. This was really thoughtful of you."
//"Anything for you, Aibou. I know how much you love puzzles."//
"It's really never been solved before?"
//"Not since it was made in ancient Egypt."//
"Sugee! It's lucky it was so close by!"
//"Yes, very. Perhaps it was destiny?"// Yugi giggles.
"Maybe."

Click.

Yami settles down in his soul chamber, a smirk on his lips. Who ever said snakes eyes were unlucky?




Hee hee! There's episode three! How was it? Good? Bad?
Well I just stamped this all out in one sitting at 3-4 in the morning. Hopefully it's coherent.
And yes, Lance IS an anime otaku. XD

=^_^=
MEOW!