Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ New Rules, New Game ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
New rules, New Game
Prologue


"Ooh...not again." A young boy rubs his temples in vain. For the pass few weeks he's been getting skull-splitting headaches...like something is trying to bust out. Cruel laughter catches his attention.
"Aww, does poor Yugi have a headache?" Just what he needs, bullies.
"Um hi, guys. Is there something I can help you with?" he replies with a smile despite the pain in his skull.
"Yeah sure." The three older boys surround him. "You can be our punching bag." With that Yugi's punched in the jaw, knocking him into one of the others who promptly kicks him in the back. A knee slams him in the gut. He falls to his knees, clutching his stomach in the fetal position. More laughter.
"Does the widdle gamester not wanna play any more?"
"Play...?" Suddenly a cold warmth spreads through him, the pain disappearing.
"But we've only just started!" mocks another.
"Heh heh. I don't think the runt likes our game."
"...Game." A low chuckle.
"What the? What's so funny, ya little worm?" The smaller boy gracefully stands, his face still down.
"Your game doesn't have much challenge to it." His voice is deeper than a moment ago. He stares the leader in the eyes.
"You're not Yugi..." The bully takes an involuntary step back.
"Let's play a new game." He smirks. "My rules. Shadow Realm!"


Darkness.