Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Not Really A Demon ❯ Freed from Demonica ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Recap: Yugi and Ryou spent the nigh tat Yami and Bakura's house. But bad memories haunted Ryou. He was then told a story of how Bakura's sister died. A peaceful flight the next morning turned to disaster when Yugi and Ryou were captured. They were then taken to Demonica where they were torchured. A month later, Yami and Bakura began their search for the portal to Demonica.
/ is Yami or Bakura mental talk
' is thoughts






Chapter 8: Freed from Demonica

Yami and Bakura were still searching for any trace of the portal to Demonica. They had used their powers to go into disguise. They had even accomplished changing their auras, a nearly impossible task.
"I can only hoppe we're in time," Bakura said.
"I hope so too my friend," Yami said.
Meanwhile in Demonica, Yugi and Ryou weren't faring well at all. They had almost been stoned to death again. They barely had the energy to crawl back to their cells.
"We won't last much longer if they continue torchuring us like this," Yugi said.
"I know. But there's nothing we can do in our very weakened states," Ryou said.
"You're right," Yugi admitted. He screamed in pain when he felt something slash across his back.
Ryou saw that one of the guards slashed Yugi with a spear. "Leave my brother alone! I don't care what happens to me," he said desperately. He received multiple slashes across his back as a result.
"Quiet prisoner! Your pleas mean nothing to me. Even though we were told not to kill you, we're tempted to end your pathetic lives right now," the guard said. He and the other guards left.
The deep slashes in Yugi and Ryou's backs began to badly bleed. Soon, Yugi and Ryou lost consciousness. One of the guards came back to see Yugi and Ryou unconscious. He cursed out loud and poured some yellow water on them.
Whenever Yugi or Ryou's wounds were almost fatal, one of the guards would pour some yellow water on them. This yellow water provided partial healing, meaning Yugi and Ryou would still be hurt. That turned out to be the best torchure: a healing water that doesn't completely heal.
The guard then left before Yugi and Ryou regained consciousness. Yugi and Ryou found a few pieces of bread and some regular water.
"What happened?" Ryou asked.
"My injuries are halfway healed. That must mean that they used that yellow water on us," Yugi responded.
"My injuries are half healed too," Ryou agreed. "But they will run out of it. We could be done for when they do," he added. He was very right.
The supply of yellow water was almost out. There was only enough left for two people to use now. But the guards smashed the container of water instead of save it. They no longer cared if Yugi and Ryou died. Meanwhile, Yami and Bakura still had no luck in finding the portal. They had searched for seven straight hours so far. But neither were ready to give up. They would search to the ends of the earth if they had to.
"We haven't found a thing," Bakura said in frustration.
"I know how frustrating it is, but we have to still keep level heads," Yami said.
Bakura nodded. Then an idea struck him. 'Of course. Why didn't we think of it before?' he thought. "Yami, you can use your connection to find the portal," he said.
Yami smiled at that. "I don't know why I didn't think that before. That will work. It looks like I have Savad and Vangif to thank for giving me the chance to enter their world," he said.
"Yeah, the accident of Savad and Vangif blood getting mixed up with yours is proving to be more beneficial to us," Bakura said.
Yami focused his power to enhance the power of Savad and Vangif's blood in him. The foreign blood in him was like a compass and began to lead Yami to the portal, Bakura following. The sudden pull startled Yami at first, but he calmed down.
'I guess that all of the Demonicans go through this,' Yami thought. He was right.
The blood of a Demonican would temporarily take control of the Demonican's body when going to a portal. In case a Demonican was blinded somehow, the blood flowing through his/her veins would lead him/her to the portal. Demonican blood sensed the portal. Yami and Bakura headed due east. Five hours later, they reached the area of the portal. It was over an unknown place. The portal opened up and Yami regained control of his body. He and Bakura then flew into the portal. They came out in Demonica.
"This area is very chaotic. A perfect fit for the demons that live here," Bakura said.
Yami nodded. "Let's find Yugi and Ryou," he said.
"But we have to find out some way to help them recognize us," Bakura said.
"I already found a solution to that. We need to find them first. I'll tell you what we're going to do when we find them," Yami said.
Bakura nodded and they landed. Then they hid their wings and started walking through the area. They received strange looks from the other demons. Savad wasn't too far away. He looked at the two strange demons in confusion.
'Who are they?' I've never seen demons like them before,' he thought. "Hey, who are you two?" he asked.
The dark-skinned demon spoke. "I am Tim, and this is my friend Jaime. We've come from a land that few have ever head of," he said.
"Maybe you would want to take a tour of our world," Savad asked.
"We'd love that. Maybe we can torture someone while we're at it," 'Jaime' said.
"I like you already," Savad said. He then showed 'Tim' and 'Jaime' said.
/Nice one Bakura/ Yami said.
/Thanks Yami. He actually believed that I wanted to torchure someone/ Bakura said. /It also seems that Savad doesn't know who we really are either/ He was right.
Savad had no idea that the two demons he was showing around were actually his worst enemies. Vangif soon joined his brother. He also couldn't that 'Tim' was really Yami. The disguise was a complete success. Meanwhile, Yugi and Ryou had been severely whipped. The wounds that already bled now began to badly bleed. Their entire bodies were covered with badly bleeding whip marks.
"I...hope...that...Yami and...Bakura...are here," Yugi painfully said.
Ryou could only nod. He didn't have the energy to talk anymore. Meanwhile, Yami and Bakura could sense two humans' lives slipping away.
/We've got to find them/ Bakura said, knowing that the two humans were Yugi and Ryou.
/We will my friend/ Yami said.
Savad and Vangif soon came to the door of the dungeon. "Here's where we keep humans," they said.
'That's what we were waiting to know,' Yami and Bakura thought.
"We need to check on our prisoners now," Savad said.
"We'll go in with you," 'Tim' said.
Vangif nodded and the four demons went inside. Yami then changed his aura a little bit. Savad and Vangif still couldn't sense him though.
/Make a little shift in your aura. Make it so Yugi and Ryou will be able to recognize us. I just made the shift in my aura/ Yami said.
/Okay/ Bakura said before making the shift.
The four demons soon got to Yugi and Ryou's cell. 'Tim' and 'Jaime' mentally gasped in horror. Yugi and Ryou were severely hurt. They looked like they were dragged across broken glass shards hundreds of times. Ryou slowly looked up and saw Yami and Bakura. He got Yugi's attention and pointed. What Yugi saw gave him great relief.
/Now that we found them, we need to get them out/ Bakura said.
/We'll bust them out tonight/ Yami said.
Yugi was about to say something. Yami put a finger to his lips and winked at Yugi. Yugi and Ryou nodded in understanding.
"So 'Tim', 'Jaime', ready to call it a day?" Vangif asked.
"Yes," 'Jaime' responded before he and 'Tim' left.
'So that's it. Yami and Bakura are in disguise. They somehow made it so Ryou and I can recognize them' Yugi thought.
That night two lone demons went to the dungeon. There were no guards outside. The demons went inside. They then made themselves undetectable and invisible to everyone except Yugi and Ryou.
"Now, let's get our friends out of here," Bakura said.
Yami and Bakura walked through the dungeon. None of the guards detected them. They quickly made their way to Yugi and Ryou's cells. Ryou and Yugi were asleep. Bakura quietly tapped on the bars. Yugi woke up first. He watched as Yami melted the bars. Then Yami and Bakura came in and fully healed and revitalized Yugi and Ryou.
"Are you all right?" Bakura asked.
"We are now," Yugi responded. He then woke Ryou up. "We're getting out of here."
Ryou looked up and saw Yami and Bakura. "Thank goodness you're here," he said before Bakura picked him up.
Yami picked up Yugi. Then he and Bakura revealed ther wings and flew up. They focused their power and phased through the ceiling. Then Yami took the lead as they flew towards where the portal was. Yugi was a little scared when he felft the weird pulling.
"Don't be frightened Yugi. I will regain control of my body once we're through the portal," Yami said.
They soon came to the portal. Yami regained control of his body as soon as he went through the portal. Once out of the portal, Yami and Bakura landed and set Yugi and Ryou down. Then Yami and Bakura concentrated and took off their disguises.
"Why couldn't Savad and Vangif detect you?" Ryou asked.
"I changed my aura. Virtually all demons don't know how to do that. Bakura and I learned how to do it when we were only 7. Until now, we didn't have to do it so we didn't," Yami responded.
"How did you find the way to Demonica?" Yugi asked.
Bakura responded this time. "It wasn't easy at first Yugi. Only Demonicans can see and sense the portal to Demonica. It took me a while to realize that Yami could find the portal after all," he said.
"How?" Yugi and Ryou asked.
"Believe it or not, I have Savad and Vangif to thank. You remember when I told you how I'm able to sense Savad and Vangif, and how their blood is now mixed with mine. Well, Demonican blood is what senses the portal to Demonica. That's why I temporarily lost control of my body," Yami responded. He put his head on Yugi's shoulder.
Bakura did the same with Ryou before closing his eyes. Yami closed his eyes as well, and they teleported to Yugi and Ryou's house. The parents were overjoyed to see their children back safe.
"Ryou, Yuig, thanks heavnes you're safe," Debra said.
"Thank you so much for rescuing our sons," Eugene added.
"You don't have to thank us. We'll always be her for them," Bakura said.
"We'll have to be on our guard now. Not only will the Demonicans come after Yugi and Ryou, but I have a feeling that the demons from the demon world will come as well," Yami said. He didn't know how right he was.
In Demonica, Pegasus and Seto were furious. Savad and Vangif had come and taken them to Demonica to take Yugi and Ryou, only to find them gone. Savad and Vangif were more confused than angry. They didn't get how Yugi and Ryou escaped Yami and Bakura didn't come to Demonica.
"How did they escape? Yami and Bakura weren't here," Savad said.
"I have a feeling that they were here. You probably just couldn't sense them," Seto said.
"What do you mean?" Vangif asked.
"That I unfortunately don't know the answer to," Seto responded.
"I'm afraid I'm just as clueless. I know about how you and Savad can sense Yami now Vangif. But Yami and Bakura somehow found a way to conceal their aura from you," Pegasus said.
"It doesn't matter. We still can kill Yugi and Ryou. Savad, you and Vangif assemble some of your best warriors. My king and I will do the same. We'll overwhelm Yami and Bakura," Seto said.
"It will be fun to see the looks on Yami and Bakura's faces when we kill their precious little friends right in front of their eyes," Savad said smirking.
The demons then went their separate ways. They prepared for what would be the biggest attack yet. The only thing is that this attack would only be focused on Yugi, Yami, Ryou and Bakura.


Well, here's the end of chapter 8. Well, there's only one more chapter to go in this story. Preview for Chapter 9: A Final Battle: The demon warriors from the demon world and Demonica team up against Yami and Bakura. Yami and Bakura have proven to be more powerful than the demons of the demon world and even stronger than Savad and Vangif. But will they be able to hold off an entire army of demons and keep Yugi and Ryou safe? Stay tuned for the answers in this final chapter of Not Really a Demon.