Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Not Really A Demon ❯ Prisoners of Demonica ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Recap: Yugi and Ryou got the fearful news that Savad and Vangif are in the mortal realm. Yami and Bakura then told Yugi and Ryou more about these ruthless demons. When Yami and Bakura took Yugi and Ryou flying, they encountered the two evil demons. But Yami and Bakura drove the demons off with the Forbidden Attack.
/ is Yami or Bakura mental talk
/ is thoughts






Chapter 7: Prisoners of Demonica

It was a cool and rainy night. Yugi and Ryou7 were currently at Yami and Bakura's house. Yugi and Ryou wanted to spend the night, and their parents were more than happy to grant them permission. The rain was now coming down at a pretty fast pace.
"Whoa, the rain is coming down hard now," Ryou said.
"Yeah, it was light until now," Yugi agreed.
"That's because a thunderstorm is approaching. Yami and I can hear the thunder," Bakura said as Yami nodded.
"How can you hear it when we can't?" Yugi and Ryou asked.
"Have you already forgotten that Bakura and I have more advanced senses than you? We told you that," Yami responded.
"I guess we did," Yugi admitted. "How far away is the storm?"
"Twenty miles," Bakura responded.
"Wow, that is good hearing," Ryou said.
Sure enough, Yugi and Ryou heard a thunder clasp ten minutes later. Yugi jumped at how loud it was. It was so loud that it shook the house. Yami wrapped his arms around Yugi.
"Don't fret little one. Thunder is only a loud sound," Yami said.
"I know Yami but I can't help it. I've always been afraid of a thunderstorm," Yugi said.
"I'll take Yugi to my room. Ryou, you should try to get some sleep too," Yami said, leading Yugi to his room.
"You can sleep in my room Ryou," Bakura offered.
"Thank you Bakura," Ryou said before Bakura led him to the room. He soon found out that his former room was now Bakura's room. "This was my room before my parents were killed," he added sadly.
Bakura took pity on Ryou. "Don't be sad Ryou. You can't let this get to you forever. You have to move on," he said.
"It's hard Bakura. My whole biological family was killed. I'm eternally grateful to Yugi and his parents, but I can't get over the fact that my real family died," Ryou said.
"I know how hard it is to cope without a loved family member, but I learned to move on," Bakura said. "I lost my sister to the demons. She was a pure as you. When Pegasus found out, he had her executed for treason," Bakura said.
"What did she do?" Ryou asked.
"She actually helped some humans escape from the ruthless demons. She also healed humans after they were attacked," Bakura responded.
"But why were you and Yami only banished?" Ryou asked.
"Because we never came here to the mortal realm to terrorize the humans. As we mentioned before, studying about this realm fascinated us a lot. We couldn't terrorize something that we've come to like so much," Bakura responded.
Ryou yawned loudly. "I guess I'll get some sleep now," he said. He went to the bed and lay down on it. He soon was fast asleep.
Meanwhile, Yugi didn't have sleep so easily. The thunder had him on end. Yami sat on the empty side of the bed. He slowly rubbed in small circles on Yugi's back.
"You need to get some sleep Yugi. The storm can't hurt you while you're inside. If it tried, I would protect you," Yami said. "Get some sleep Yugi. Remember, I'm right here," he added.
Yugi nodded and lay down in the bed again. The thunder was still pretty loud. Yami kept rubbing Yugi's back. The rubbing helped because Yugi relaxed until he finally fell asleep. Yami's soothing rubs helped Yugi to stay asleep even as the thunderstorm raged.
The thunderstorm continued through the night. The next morning was better. THe sun shone through the small opening in the curtains. Yugi woke up when the sunlight hit his eyes. He smiled at Yami.
"Thanks Yami, you helped me sleep well," Yugi said.
"No problem little one," Yami said smiling.
Yugi got out of the bed. He then got out his clothes and went to the bathroom to shower and dress. Ryou showered in the downstairs bathroom. Half an hour later, they both came out and dressed. The four friends ate breakfast. Half an hour later, Yami and Bakura took Yugi and Ryou flying. But things wouldn't stay uneventful for long. Because Savad and Vangif were close by. They intended to leave Yugi and Ryou wide open. They knew of a good place that would do just that.
"That former mine field is just the place to capture those tow. Those idiot people didn't even think about putting something there after the mines were taken out," Vangif said.
"Yes my brother. We need to lure them here," Savad agreed.
They had brought a couple of their friends to help out. An ambush was almost ready to be sprung. Yami and Bakura flew on through the air. An hour later, two unfamiliar demons blocked their path. When they turned to go back, Savad and Vangif were there.
"What are you going to do?" Yugi asked.
"The only way out of this is to fight," Bakura responded. He and Yami then left Yugi and Ryou by the former mine field.
Yami and Bakura didn't know that they fell into Savad and Vangif's plan. Yugi and Ryou were now in the open. The spot of the ambush was not too far from the former mine field. The two unknown demons tried to capture Yugi and Ryou.right away.
"Oh no you don't!" Yami shouted. He dove through the sky. He went past the two demons. When he pulled up, he created a sonic boom.
The two unknown demons stopped in midair to cover their ears. Yami flew back up to Bakura. Bakura smiled at Yami.
"Nice job Yami," Bakura said.
"Thanks Bakura. Luckily we can handle the noise of sonic booms. It was also good that I was still a good distance from Yugi and Ryou. I don't think that they've heard one before," Yami said.
Unfortunately, the wind from the sonic boom did reach Yugi and Ryou. They were blown away. That unintentional mishap was all Savad needed. He quickly captured Yugi and Ryou. Yami and Bakura's attention was still on the two unknown demons. Suddenly, the two demons disappeared. Yami and Bakura landed.
"What was their hurry?" Yami asked.
Bakura looked around and saw that Yugi and Ryou were missing. He then looked all through the area, but couldn't find them. "Yugi and Ryou are gone. Savad and Vangif must've used our distraction to their advantage," he said.
"This is bad. We can only hope that Yugi and Ryou weren't taken to the demon world," Yami said.
"I know. We can't return there. But we can go to Demonica," Bakura said.
Fortunately for Yami and Bakura, Yugi and Ryou were taken to Demonica. But things would be very unfortunate for Yugi and Ryou. They were chained by their wrists. Upon entering Demonica, the other demons threw stones at them.
"Halt your fire. We don't want these two dead. You can torture them, but leave them alive," Vangif said.
The other demons smirked. Yugi and Ryou were led to the dungeons. Here, they found other unfortunate humans wasting away. One of the cells was opened, and Yugi and Ryou were thrown in. The guard then removed the shackles from their hands to put them around Yugi and Ryou's ankles. Then the shackles were attached to the wall.
"I suggest that you get comfortable. You'll be spending the rest of your lives here," the guard said smirking before leaving and locking the door.
"What do we do?" Ryou asked.
"There's nothing we can do. We can't move too far without these shackles pulling against us. Even if we did get these off, the demons would be onto us before we could escape. We can only hope that Yami and Bakura arrive," Yugi responded.
Time passed till it was a month since Yugi and Ryou were brought to Demonica. Yugi and Ryou looked worse for wear. They began to show signs of malnutrition. They were also beaten with a whip every day. The number of lashes depended on what mood the guard was in. If the guard was in a good mood, they would only get five lashes each. But the guard being in a bad mood resulted in at least 20 lashes each. But Yugi and Ryou somehow managed to put up with their torchure. Meanwhile, Yami and Bakura were planning their strike on Demonica. They knew that there were pretty powerful demons there. But their only priority was to save their friends.
"We have to get Ryou and Yugi out of there," Bakura said.
"I know my friend, and we will. Savad and Vangif probably want to keep Yugi and Ryou alive," Yami said.
"Yeah, only to have them torchured. We've got to act fast," Bakura added. He was so anxious that he could've just left for Demonica now.
"Calm down Bakura. Your anxiety won't do our friends any good," Yami said. Alas, he was right.
Bakura did calm down. He knew that Yami was right. "What do we do then?" he asked.
"We have to plan thoroughly. One mistake can mean Ryou and Yugi's death," Yami responded.
Bakura nodded. He knew that Yami was right again. "We can go in disguise. If you try hard enough, maybe you can conceal yourself from Savad and Vangif," he said. "From the other demons as well for that manner," he added.
"I never thought about trying to conceal myself from them. I'll give it a try," Yami confirmed. He closed his eyes in concentration. He was covered in a light green aura.
The first thing to change was his hairstyle. His tri-color hair turned dark brown. Then the spikes smoothed down to his shoulders. Then his skin got darker until it was the color of chocolate. Then he opened his eyes to reveal that they were now green instead of violet before closing them again. The next change took quite a bit of energy. That was because he was completely changing his aura. Completely changing auras was something very difficult for a demon to do, but Yami succeeded.
"Wow, you did it my friend. If not for the fact that I stood here the whole time, I would've thought you were someone else," Bakura said.
"Thank you my friend," Yami said. His voice was four pitches higher now. "Now it's your turn."
Bakura nodded and closed his eyes in concentration. He was surrounded in a light blue aura. HIs skin became a tan color. Then his spiky white hair became spiky black hair. His clothes changed too. He now wore a yellow T-shirt and black jeans instead of the white turtleneck and blue jeans. Then he worked to completely change his aura as well. It took energy, but not as much as Yami because he didn't have to worry about other demons recognizing him as easily like Yami did. Yami smiled.
"Well done Bakura," Yami said.
"Thank you my friend," Bakura said, opening his eyes.
Yami saw that Bakura's eyes were now red. Bakura's voice was now a full octave higher. Now that they were completely in disguise, they could get into Demonica with no trouble. Meanwhile in Demonica, Yugi and Ryou were back in their dungeon cell. They had been whipped 20 times each. It was incredible that they were able to walk back to their cell. They did their best to get some sleep.
'Yami, Bakura, please come soon. We don't know how much longer we can put up with this,' Yugi and Ryou thought.
The next morning, Yugi and Ryou woke up to find a few slices of bread and some water in their cell. The ate the food and drank the water happily. But they were still very hungry. The food they got in the morning was the only food they got. The little food they got didn't help much. They would always run out of energy by the early afternoon.
"I hope we don't have to work in the prison field again," Ryou said.
"I don't have the energy for that," Yugi said. He then screamed in pain as he felt a whip slash across his back five times.
"Leave him alone!" Ryou shouted. He then felt a whip across his back ten times.
"I was only going to give you five lashes, but you had to talk back. Next time, keep your mouth closed," the guard said before locking the cell and storming out.
Back in the mortal realm, Yami and Bakura were with Yugi and Ryou's parents. Mr. and Mrs. Ying didn't recognize Yami and Bakura at first. But Yami and Bakura made a little shift in their disguise before going back into disguise.
"So what are you going to do?" Eugene asked.
"The first thing will be to enter Demonica. That's why we're in disguise. Then we need to find where Yugi and Ryou are. After that, we'll try to be as inconspicuous as we can about helping them escape," Bakura responded.
Then Yami and Bakura left. They spread their wings and flew. But getting into Demonica was not going to be a walk down easy street. Only demons from Demonica can see and sense the portal leading there. But they were determined to find the passageway. Yugi and Ryou's lives depended on it. And they weren't going to let Yugi and Ryou down.
"We need to find the portal," Yami said.
"We will," Bakura said.
They continued to fly through the air. They only hoped that they would make it in time. Yugi and Ryou would not be able to handle their torchure much longer. The race against time was on.



And here's the end to the long awaited chapter 7. I'm really sorry for making you wait this long, but my mind is always darting between my other stories so I have to really focus on one story to get the ideas down for it. The next YGO story that will be updated will most likely be A New World because I am a little bit over 3/4 of the way done with the next chapter. Moving right along, preview for Chapter 8: Freed from Demonica: Yami and Bakura continue their search for the portal to Demonica while Yugi and Ryou continue to be torchured. Even though Yugi and Ryou were supposed to be left alive, the severity of their injuries bring them closer to death. Can Yami and Bakura get Yugi and Ryou out of Demonica in time? Stay tuned to find out.