Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Not Really A Demon ❯ The Demons from Demonica ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Recap: Yami and Bakura knew that they would have to keep an eye on Yugi and Ryou. Their mothers attempted to kill Yugi and Ryou, but Yami and Bakura prevented it. Severe weather had broken out in the city due to a strengthening typhoon. Super Typhoon Feng, thought to be headed for Tokyo changed course, putting a ship in danger. Yami and Bakura saved everyone on board the ship.
/ is mental talk between Yami and Bakura
' is thoughts





Chapter 6: The Demon's from Demonica

Yami gasped out loud.
"What is it?" Eugene asked.
"I hoped this would never happen. Savad and Vangif, the two most powerful and ruthless demons of Demonica have appeared in the mortal realm. Bakura and I will really have to watch over Yugi and Ryou now," Yami responded.
"Who are Savad and Vangif?" Ryou asked.
"As Yami told you, they are the most powerful and ruthless of their world," Bakura responded. "To give a more detailed answer, I will tell you a story about us and them. The demon world isn't the only world for demons. There are a few others as well. Of those other few worlds, Demonica held the most powerful demons. Demonica is a world of fear and chaos. The more powerful demons would torture the less powerful. The demons of Demonica liked working with the demon world because of its ruthless demons.
Pegasus became the ruler of the two worlds. Together, the demons from the demon world and Demonica would terrorize the mortal realm. It went on for millennia. About the same time Yami and I were born, Savad and Vangif were born in Demonica. Savad and Vangif were born from the dame mother, whereas Yami and I were born from separate families. Like us, Savad and Vangif do everything together. The only way to tell them apart is that Savad is a red demon, and Vangif is a blue demon. We have one advantage over them, and that is that neither they nor any of Demonica's demons can fly.
Savad and Vangif have always tried to make us go to terrorize the mortal world. We always told them that we had to study more about the mortal realm. They believed that we were preparing for a big attack on the realm and left us alone to our studies. The truth is that the more we studied, the more we liked the mortal realm. What mortals did for a living fascinated us a lot. For another 2,000 years, Yami and I hid in a secret room of the library.
We were the only two who knew about it. It served as our hangout spot whenever the other demons went to terrorize the mortal realm. Our banishment from the demon world was the best part of our lives," he added.
"So my family was killed by demons?" Ryou asked.
"That's right Ryou," Yami responded.
"You would've been killed the same day as your parents if it wasn't a school day," Bakura added.
"I'd have never thought that school would save my life," Ryou said.
"But what about Savad and Vangif?" Debra asked.
"I've put a cloaking spell over this house. No demon but Bakura and I will be able to see it or sense it. We will both accompany Yugi and Ryou when they decide to go out. Either Bakura or I will sit outside under the awning so we will see them because demons have far advanced senses than humans. Savad and Vangif act quickly. The second you take your eyes off who you're watching/protecting is the second they strike," Yami responded.
Yugi, Ryou and their parents nodded. The next day, Yami and Bakura took Yugi and Ryou flying. They were unaware that Savad and Vangif were closer than they thought. Savad and Vangif walked through the city. They didn't want to draw too much attention yet. Not only did they appear to be human, they also masked their demon aura. Masking aura was something only the Demonican demons could do.
"I'm glad we can hide our auras. Not even the most powerful demons of the other demon worlds can tell the difference," Vangif said.
"Yeah, it turned out to be the perfect weapon. Our victims were caught completely off guard," Savad said. Then he tensed.
"What is it?" Vangif asked.
"It's Yami and Bakura. They're close," Savad responded.
Vangif felt them a few seconds later. "I feel them too. Let's follow them. They won't know what hit them," he said. He and Vangif had a surprise in store for Yami and Bakura.

| Flashback to when Yami and Bakura were banished |

Yami and Bakura left the demon world, never to return. The other demons were still very angry. They still couldn't believe that there could be pure-hearted demons. Yami and Bakura were born from two of the most ruthless demons after all.
"I can't believe that we didn't realize it sooner. They always sounded uninterested in attacking the humans," Savad said. He and his brother were in the demon world at the time.
"Yeah. Let's head home," Vangif said. He and Savad teleported home. "We must become more powerful if we're going to stand a chance against them," he added.
Time passes differently between Demonica and earth. Even though Savad and Vangif were born the same time as Yami and Bakura, the brothers didn't age anywhere near as quickly as the people of earth did. The same goes for the demons of the demon world. Even though 2,000 years passed from Yami and Bakura's birth to their banishment, they didn't look a day past 17 because 17 demon years is the equivalent to 2,000 earth years(A/N: Use your imagination with me here. Just about anything is possible when you use your imagination).
Savad and Vangif were very powerful before Yami and Bakura were banished. After Yami and Bakura were banished, Savad and Vangif trained very hard on Demonica. In just the short time before they were summoned, their power far exceeded any demon in Demonica. One of their new abilities was having psychic powers. They put some of them into learning how to fly.

| End Flashback |

Savad and Vangif flew off after Yami and Bakura. They made sure to fly at a good distance behind so Yugi and Bakura wouldn't see them.
"This is great. I love it wen you take us flying," Ryou said.
"We like taking you," Bakura said. He didn't realize that Yami stopped until he finished talking. He flew back to where Yami was. "What's wrong?" he asked.
"We're being followed," Yami responded.
"How can we be followed? There's no flying device on this planet that we can't detect so far," Bakura said.
"It's not that. It's Savad and Vangif," Yami said.
"Are you sure? I can't sense them," Bakura said.
"I know my friend. They've masked their aura. I never told anyone that I've been able to sense them regardless. Not only that, they've learned how to fly after our banishment," Yami said.
"How can you tell them apart even though they hid their aura?" Bakura asked.
"Yeah Yami. Ryou and I can't see them so they're a good distance behind us," Yugi said.
"Actually Yugi, it was because of something they did. Demons can give unwanted help to enemies if they're not careful. It's happened before. Some humans can sense demons. That's because some of a demon's aura can pass into an enemy; giving him/her the ability to feel demons and act accordingly," Yami said.
"How is that possible?" Ryou asked.
"It's actually quite simple. All it takes is a little bit of demon blood. When Savad, Vangif and I were playing one day, we cut ourselves on a jagged rock. Somehow we touched, and our blood got mingled together. I've been able to sense them a lot better since. But on the flipside, they could also sense me better," Yami responded.
"So what do we do?" Yugi asked.
"Let's go on. We'll let them think we don't know they're following us," Bakura responded.
Yami nodded, and he and Bakura flew on. Fortunately, Savad and Vangif didn't hear that Yami sensed them because Yami talked low enough for them not to be able to pick up the conversation with their good hearing. Yami and Bakura landed in a park. They landed by a large, beautiful lake. A flock of ducks swam peacefully. Some allowed the people to feed them.
"I wish we brought some bread. I want to feed the ducks too," Ryou said.
Yami and Bakura put Yugi and Ryou down. Yami snapped his fingers, and a bag of bread crumbs appeared in his hand. He gave it to Yugi. Bakura did the same and gave the bag to Ryou.
"You can feed them now," Yami and Bakura said.
"Thank you," Yugi and Ryou said. They sat on some nearby benches and began feeding the ducks close to their area.
A few ducks swam over to eat the bread. Another duck came out of the water. It landed between Yugi and Ryou. They petted it and fed it along with the other ducks. Yami and Bakura came over and petted the duck. The duck sensed Yami and Bakura's purity. That's why it didn't fly away. That didn't last however because all the ducks soon flew away. They were so frightened that Yugi and Ryou had to duck so that the ducks wouldn't hit them. Yami had his arms stretched out, hands in a pointed arrow position. Then he brought them apart. The ducks parted, leaving an open path down the middle.
"Yugi, Ryou, move now. The ducks won't hit you," Yami said.
Yugi and Ryou walked through the parted ducks. When they, Yami and Bakura were out of the flying ducks' path, Yami removed his parting spell.
"Savad and Vangif are close. Even the toughest birds would run/fly scared," Bakura responded.
"Looks like we've been discovered," Savad said as he and Vangif appeared.
Yugi and Ryou shook with fright. Yami and Bakura stood in front of them. Savad smirked at Yugi and Ryou's fear.
"It seems like your friends are scared of us," Vangif said.
"Leave them out of this," Yami said.
"This is between you, your brother, Yami and me," Bakura agreed.
"We weren't sent to kill your young friends anyway. Pegasus will be pleased to hear about your deaths," Savad said.
"Well, he'll be disappointed. We won't let Yugi, Ryou or ourselves be killed by you or any of his minions," Yami said.
Vangif then tried to attack Yami's mind. For some reason, Yami was immune to the attack. You didn't even flinch. Savad and Vangif were both very confused. Now it was Yami's turn to smirk. He knew exactly why he didn't feel the psychic attack.
"Why didn't you feel my attack?" Vangif asked.
"That's for me to know, and you to find out," Yami responded. Anticipating Yugi, Ryou and/or Bakura to be psychically attacked Yami shared his "given" psychic defense with them.
What Yami anticipated did happen. His preparation prevented three more psychic attacks by Vangif.
/How are we safe from their psychic attacks?/
/I'll explain later/ Yami responded. "Your psychic attacks are useless," he added. He then began to gather energy in his hands.
Bakura caught on and did the same. He and Yami always performed this attack together. They continued to gather energy. Then they began to combine their energy. The energy formed into a big attack. This attack surrounded and did damage to whoever it was aimed at. They secretly worked on and mastered the attack, but it was the most dangerous to master as well. Every demon who tried to master this attack died before the attack was used once.
But Yami and Bakura were careful. They learned to use the attack at low power first. Then they worked their way up. All the others who tried and failed tried to learn it at full power first due to their crave for power. This attack was dangerously powerful at full strength. Yami and Bakura finished gathering the energy needed and fired the attack at Savad and Vangif. Savad and Vangif started screaming in pain.
"It's the Forbidden Attack. The attack that many of our kind have died from," Savad said.
"But how did they master it?" Vangif asked.
Fortunately, this attack didn't always kill who it was aimed at. This attack also based itself on the user's heart. Because Yami and Bakura had pure hearts, the attack wouldn't kill those it was used against. This was very fortunate for Savad and Vangif. The attack left them battered and weak, but it didn't kill them. They disappeared back to the demon world.
"What happened?" Seto asked.
"Yami and Bakura mastered the Forbidden Attack," Savad responded.
"This is bad news. It will take all the stops to get rid of them," Pegasus said.
Yami and Bakura took Yugi and Ryou back home. The first battle went to Yami and Bakura. However, the war has just begun. They would always have to be on alert. They knew that Savad and Vangif would pull out all the stops now.


Well, it looks like things are about to really heat up between Yami, Bakura and Savad and Vangif. Preview for Chapter 7: Prisoners of Demonica: Yami and Bakura face Savad and Vangif again. However, Yami and Bakura have Yugi and Ryou pretty much in the open when Savad and Vangif confront them. During the second confrontation, Yugi and Ryou are captured and taken to Demonica.

Chapter 7 will be the second part of a four-part chapter series. Sorry for the long wait. I had my mind on other things, but I'm glad that I finally got this out. For those of you who are into Digimon fics, be on the lookout for the fourth chapter of An Old Digimon's Vengeance. I also decided to re-post my fic Digimon 02: The Strength of Friendship for all you people on ff.net so be on the lookout for the fifth chapter to that.