Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Not Really A Demon ❯ Dangerous Weather ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Recap: Yugi and Ryou have been friends with Yami and Bakura for two months. Yugi and Ryou have had the same visions every night since then. They still couldn't make out their savior's faces. Seto invited them to a park that was really a wasteland. The demons attempted to kill Yugi and Ryou, but Yami and Bakura saved them.
/ is mental talk between Yami and Bakura
' is thoughts




Chapter 5: Dangerous Weather

Yugi and Ryou slept on as Bakura watched over them. Bakura was more worried about Yugi and Ryou's safety now.
/We've got to watch Seto whenever we can. He's the sneakiest of all the demons/ Bakura said.
/I know Bakura. That's going to be a whole lot harder since we can't return to the demon world/ Yami said. He was just as worried about Yugi and Ryou as Bakura was. 'If only we could keep tabs on the demons,' he thought.
/I'm sure Seto and the other demons are watching us/ Bakura said.
/I know they're watching us. They still don't know that we're the most powerful of them. We can easily keep ourselves undetectable from them/ Yami said.
/Good idea/ Bakura said. He made himself undectable to everyone except Yugi, Yami and Ryou.
Yami did the same. In the demon world, Seto and the other demons thought that Yugi and Ryou were alone. Bakura and Yami were invisible and undetectable to the demons. Yami's and Bakura's mothers appeared in the room, intending to kill Yugi and Ryou.
"Not so fast mother!" the female demons heard two voices shout.
Yugi and Ryou woke up to Yami and Bakura's shout. Yugi and Ryou saw two female demons about five feet away from them. Yami and Bakura became visible to their mothers. Yami was right next to Yugi's bed, and Bakura was right next to Ryou's bed.
"How dare you talk to us like that," the female demons said angrily. "Besides, we don't listen to outcasts like you."
"Bakura and I are outcasts to our home, but we like that fact. We hated hearing about all the humans who suffered and died because of our former kind. Yugi and Ryou are our best friends, and we will do all in our power to keep them safe," Yami said.
"We'll see," Yami's mother said as she came for Yugi from the other side of the bed.
"Oh no you don't mother!" Yami shouted as he picked up Yugi and flew off. He phased through the wall and flew on.
Bakura did the same with Ryou.
"Why did your mothers call you outcasts?" Yugi asked.
"Well we already told you that we're not evil like the other demons. Actually, Yami and I aren't evil at all. We were born demons, but we are pure of heart like you and Ryou are. A demon with a pure heart isn't acceptable in the demon world so we were banished," Bakura responded.
"We have no regrets about our banishment. We never revealed that we are the most powerful. Our love for innocent and good humans, as well as our strong friendship to you, has increased our strength and power," Yami added. "We are the only two of our former kind that could fly."
Meanwhile, Yami's and Bakura's mothers have returned to the demon world. They told Seto and Pegasus what Yami and Bakura did.
"So, they're onto us. We'll have to be more crafty," Pegasus said.
"Yes my lord," Seto said.
Yami and Bakura returned to Yugi and Ryou's house. They phased through the window of the bedroom and laid Yugi and Ryou in their beds. Then they became undetectable and invisible to all except Yugi and Ryou again.
"That was too close for comfort," Ryou said.
"I agree," Yugi said.
"As do I and Bakura. At least the demons know not to try that stunt again," Yami said. "Get some sleep you two."
Yugi and Ryou nodded and went back to sleep. Things were peaceful for the rest of the night. The next morning looked peaceful to start. The sky was clear of clouds. Yugi and Ryou bathed, got dressed and had breakfast.
"Mom, Dad, can Yugi and I go over Yami and Bakura's house for a while?" Ryou asked.
"I don't see why not," Eugene responded. "The meteorologist predicted isolated thunderstorms today so be careful," he added.
Yugi and Ryou nodded and walked over to Yami and Bakura's house. They arrived in a few minutes. Bakura saw them coming from the window and opened the door for them. Yugi and Ryou entered, and Bakura closed the door.
"How are you?" Bakura asked.
"We're fine thank you," Yugi responded.
"Yami will be down in a minute," Bakura said.
True to what Bakura said, Yami came dowstairs a minute later.
"Good morning you two," Yami said.
"Good morning Yami," Ryou and Yugi said.
"Do you want to go flying?" Bakura asked.
"I'm no so sure. We could get a thunderstorm," Yugi responded.
"Don't worry. We'll have you back inside if it does storm. Lightning, hail or any kind of weather doesn't affect us at all anyway," Yami said.
Yugi and Ryou nodded. Yami scooped up Yugi, and Bakura scooped up Ryou. They went outside and flew off. Yami and Bakura made themselves and Yugi and Ryou invisible to all eyes. Yugi and Ryou just took in the view of the city that they were getting.
"Ryou and I have seen this kind of view from inside an airplane. This is the first time we've seen it in the open air. It's almost enough to take your breath away," Yugi said in amazement.
Yami and Bakura flew on through the morning. Two hours into the afternoon, thunderclouds started building up fast. A few moments later, lightning flashed, and it started to rain. The rain came down hard.
"We better head back," Bakura said. He put a shield over Ryou.
Yami nodded and put a shield over Yugi. Yami and Bakura headed for their house. Their shields protected Yugi and Ryou from the extreme weather. As Yami said, he and Bakura weren't affected at all by the weather. The lightning, wind and hail didn't do a thing to them. They returned home a few hours later. The storm raged on as they went inside. An hour later, the storm was over and done with. Bakura turned on the television.
"The severe thunderstorm warning has been allowed to expire. Thankfully no one was hurt. Some areas of the city took on the brunt of the storm and received minor damage. An estimated 3,000 people are without power," the reporter said.
"Thanks for protecting us from the weather. Yugi and I didn't feel anything," Ryou said.
"It's nothing really," Yami said.
For the next two weeks, Tokyo suffered from a severe weather outbreak. Yugi and Ryou's neighborhood was the safest due to Yami and Bakura's magic. Several businesses were closed until further notice. No one, not even the meteorologists, knew that the severe weather was caused by a strengthening typhoon still at least 50 miles away.
The typhoon moved very slowly toward Tokyo so that's why it didn't make landfall already. The typhoon had surpassed Category 3 and was now a Category 4. It started to pick up a little speed as it continued its course for Tokyo. Yugi and Ryou were already asleep in their room. Yami was in their room, and Bakura was in the living room with Yugi and Ryou's parents.
"As you know, we have had a severe weather outbreak for the past two weeks. If that wasn't bad enough, Typhoon Feng is coming right for this city at 25 mph. It should make landfall within 24-36 hours," the meteorologist said.
The next morning, Yami urgently woke up Yugi and Ryou. Bakura told Yami the situation. Yugi and Ryou got showered, dressed and had breakfast. Then they got in their dad's car, and their dad sped off to the pier. He arrived in half an hour and paid for Yugi and Ryou's tickets.
"What about you and mom?" Yugi asked.
"I have to be at the Coast Guard. My help is sure to really be needed. I'm taking your mother to a nearby shelter built to outlast a hurricane. She'll probably be as busy as me," Eugene responded as he got in the car and drove off.
Meanwhile, Yami and Bakura chased a couple of demons away. These demons tried to sabotage the ship. The captain was very grateful about the fact that there were two literally good demons. Yami and Bakura fought the demons head on. The fight lasted only half an hour because Yami and Bakura were too powerful for the demons. The demons disappeared back to the demon world.
By then, the ship was safely on its way out of Tokyo. It headed north. Yami and Bakura reappeared at their house and watched the news. What came next brought their world of hopes crashing down.
"In an unexpected move, Super Typhoon Feng has changed direction and is now heading North northwest at 30 mph," the meteorologist said.
"Yugi, Ryou and everyone else on the ship that left are in major trouble!" Bakura shouted suddenly.
"I know. We've got to get there before it's too late!" Yami added. He and Bakura phased through the wall as they flew out.
Meanwhile, the ship was already at the mercy of the waves. Waves as tall as three-story buildings rocked the ship. The Coast Guard was at a standstill. The waves made it impossible for a rescue. Eugene and Debra were out of their minds with worry for their sons and everyone else on the ship. Yami and Bakura had just about made it to the ship when a huge wave crashed into the boat. Yugi and Ryou were thrown out of the boat. The waves tossed them further away from the ship.
"Yugi! Ryou!" Yami and Bakura cried out. They dove into the raging ocean to rescue their friends.
The waves made it almost impossible for Yami and Bakura to get to Yugi and Ryou. A half hour later, Yami and Bakura flew out of the water. They flew over Yugi and Ryou. Then they flew down. Yami picked Yugi out of the water, and Bakura did the same with Ryou. Then they flew back to and landed on the ship.
"Are you two all right?" Bakura asked.
"We are now," Yugi responded.
Everyone else except the captain were dumbfounded. The demons had terrorized them; yet there were two who actually cared about Yugi and Ryou's safety. Yami and Bakura placed Yugi and Ryou down and flew to the opposite ends of the boat.
/Are you ready?/ Bakura asked.
/Ready/ Yami responded.
They easily lifted up the ship. They hovered high above the waves, and put a shield over the ship to protect it from the typhoon. The ship and everyone on board were safe from the powerful storm. Four hours later, the typhoon moved completely over Kyoto. Yami and Bakura flew back to the Tokyo pier and got there in half an hour.
Eugene and Debra waited on the dock and watched Yami and Bakura gently put the ship down and land next to them. Yugi and Ryou got off first. Eugene and Debra were very relieved to see them safe. They walked over to Yugi and Ryou.
"Thank goodness you two are safe," Eugene said as he hugged his two sons at once.
Debra came up and did the same. "Thank you for saving the people on board the ship," she said as Yami and Bakura came over.
Yugi and Ryou ran into Yami's and Bakura's arms. "Thanks for getting us out of a wave of trouble," they said.
"You two mean as much to us as you do to your parents," Yami said.
"What does he mean by a wave of trouble?" a reporter asked.
"Well the typhoon's change in direction put it on course with this ship. The ship was pounded with merciless huge waves. Yugi and Ryou were thrown overboard. Yami and I tried to swim to them, but the waves were relentless. We flew to them and fished them out of the water. Then we placed them on, and lifted the boat. We put a shield over it to protect it from the storm and flew here," Bakura responded.
Just then, Yugi and Ryou started shivering. They soon passed out. Yami and Bakura checked their heads.
"Yugi and Ryou have high fevers even though they're shivering," Yami said.
"They have pneumonia. We must get them home quickly!" Debra said.
"Place your hands on our shoulders Mr. and Mrs. Ying. We'll get you home from there," Yami and Bakura said.
Eugene and Debra complied, and Yami and Bakura teleported to Yugi and Ryou's house.
"Let's get them to the medical room," Debra said.
Yami and Bakura followed Debra to the medical room. Once there, they put Yugi and Ryou on separate beds. Debra then set to work. A few hours later, Yugi and Ryou were fine.
"Thank you Yami and Bakura. This would've been a very tragic day without you," Debra said.
"It's only the least we could do," Bakura said.
In the demon world, Pegasus was very angry with the news that Yami and Bakura were more powerful than any of the demons. "I've banished the two pure-hearted demons to find out that they're the most powerful as well. We'll have to summon help from out brother world to the south of here. Let's see if the pure-hearted and powerful Yami and Bakura can face Savad and Vangif, the two most powerful ruthless demons from Demonica," he said.
So the call for Savad and Vangif was made. They appeared in the demon world palace.
"What are your orders Lord Pegasus?" Savad asked as he bowed.
"Take care of Yami and Bakura so we can kill their young look-alikes. Be careful because even though Yami and Bakura are pure of heart, they're very powerful," Pegasus responded.
"It will be a pleasure to get rid of those pure-hearted demons. We can't stand anyone with a pure heart," Vangif said as he also bowed.
"My thoughts exactly. Now go," Seto said.
Savad and Vangif nodded and disappeared they reappeared in the mortal realm. Yami and Bakura just sat on one of the two sofas in the living room with Yugi and Ryou when they gasped out loud.
"What's wrong?" Eugene asked.
"I hoped that his would never happen. Two demons from Demonica are here. They are the most ruthless and powerful of their world. Bakura and I will really have to be around Yugi and Ryou now," Yami responded.



Uh-oh! Things just keep getting worse. Preview for Chapter 6: The Demons from Demonica: Savad and Vangif have been sent to deal with Yami and Bakura. Who exactly are these two new demons? You'll find that out next chapter.