Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Not Really A Demon ❯ The Vision Comes True ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Recap: Ryou was still devastated by the loss of his parents. He and Yugi had a frightening vision of demons chasing them. They were chased to and fell off a cliff. They couldn't make out their saviors' faces. They were baffled by their vision. At school the next day, they met their look-alikes Yami and Bakura. Yami and Bakura saved Yugi and Ryou from the bullies.
' is thoughts




Chapter 4: The Vision Comes True

It had been two months now. Yami and Bakura had become good friends with Yugi and Ryou. Yugi and Ryou were happy to have two good friends. Yami and Bakura's presence had kept the demons at bay. The agreement they made to take nights watching over Yugi and Ryou kept the demons away at night as well. Seto wasn't too mad. Yami and Bakura had no idea of the plot that would soon take place. He prepared for when he would execute the plot. For now he also watched Yugi and Ryou, but from the demon world.
"I'll secretly give them the invitation tomorrow," Seto said.
The next morning, Yugi and Ryou got ready for school. There was a knock on the door. Yugi answered it and saw Yami and Bakura.
"Hey Yugi, do you and Ryou want to walk to school with us?" Bakura asked.
"Yeah!" Yugi and Ryou said happily. They got their stuff and walked out with Yami and Bakura.
Yugi had a suspicion that Yami and Bakura were more than they said to be. 'I don't know how, but I have a feeling that Yami and Bakura aren't ordinary people. Ever since Ryou and I first met them, I felt something out of place with them. It's as if they're hiding something,' he thought.
Yami and Bakura read Yugi's thoughts.
'You're right Yugi. Bakura and I are hiding something from you. I have a feeling that you'll find out about us real soon. I know the demons are up to something,' Yami thought.
'Don't worry Yugi. Yami and I won't do anything to hurt you. We're here to protect you and Ryou from all those who intend to hurt you,' Bakura thought.
They arrived at school half an hour later. They sat in their seats just as the other students arrived. Yugi and Ryou saw an envelope on Yugi's desk. They saw the words don't open until you're alone on it. Yugi would open it at home. He put the envelope in his bag before Yami and Bakura could see it.
'The plot is underway,' Seto thought as he smirked. 'Yami and Bakura have no clue of what just went on.'
"You guys are in for a real treat today. Since this is the last day of school, the principal decided to let you go early today. All you have to do is come up and get your report cards and you can leave," the teacher said.
One by one, the students received their report cards. Then they left for their homes. All the students were very excited. Yugi and Ryou left the building to walk home.
"Hey Yugi, Ryou, do you want to walk with us?" Yami and Bakura asked.
"No thanks. We'll be okay," Ryou said.
"Okay, we'll be seeing you," Yami said.
Yugi and Ryou walked home. No one was there, but Yugi and Ryou had their own set of house keys. Ryou opened the door, and they walked in. Yugi took out the envelope from his bag. He opened the envelope and found a note inside.
The note read, "Yugi and Ryou, meet me at the outskirts of the city. There is a park there. Come alone at 1pm sharp. I'll be waiting. Seto"
"I didn't know there was a park there," Ryou said.
"Neither did I. If Seto says there's one, then there must be one," Yugi said.
Ryou nodded. He and Yugi trusted Seto. They might have not seen him too much, but he earned their respect. Little did they know, their trust in him could very well be their end. They had 4 1/2 hours until 1pm so they relaxed. Meanwhile, Yami and Bakura were still out. They were invisible to all eyes as they flew through the air. They had a feeling that the time to reveal themselves to Yugi and Ryou would come very, very soon.
"We need to know where the demons will strike. Time is running out. I hope that we can stop the dangerous part of our vision from happening," Yami said.
"I know," Bakura said.
They flew on, looking for a possible demon strike. The demons were ready to leave to carry out the plot. At 12:30pm, Seto and the demons appeared at the spot mentioned in the note. The place was a wasteland.
"Now to make this place look like a park to Yugi and Ryou," Seto said. He snapped his fingers and saw his created park. He only saw his "park" because he didn't want them to suspect anything.
At 1pm sharp, Yugi and Ryou arrived at the "park".
"Seto is right. There is a park here," Yugi said. He and Ryou were an hour's walk away from the area so they walked at noon.
Ryou nodded, and they soon saw Seto.
"You're right on time. Good," Seto said.
"This park is an hour's walk away from where we are," Ryou said.
"I'll let you rest for a while before we continue walking," Seto said.
Half an hour later, Yugi, Ryou and Seto walked through the area. People who passed by looked at them strangely. The people wondered why Yugi, Ryou and Seto would be in a barren wasteland. Other demons came to scare the people off. Two and a half hours went by. Meanwhile, Yami and Bakura were at Yugi and Ryou's house. Yami knocked on the door. Debra answered the door and found Yami and Bakura standing outside.
"I was about to call you guys Yugi and Ryou. I can only tell you four apart by your heights. You two look about 6' tall," Debra said.
"Are Yugi and Ryou here?" Yami asked.
"No they're not. I found two notes sitting on the table," she responded.
"May we see them?" Bakura asked.
"Sure," Debra responded as she got the notes and brought them to Yami and Bakura. "So, you guys got out early today."
"Yes we did," Bakura and Yami said. They read the two notes.
One of them was from Yugi and Ryou. That note said, "Mom, we got out of school early today. We're going to meet Seto on the outskirts of the city. Be back soon. Yugi and Ryou."
The other note really concerned Yami and Bakura. They knew of no park on the outskirts of the city. They thanked Debra for letting them see the notes and left. When out of her line of sight, they spread their wings and flew off.
"We have to hurry," Yami said.
Meanwhile, Yugi and Ryou ran for their lives. Half an hour ago, Seto told them that he had to talk privately to someone. He also told them to wait for him. Yugi and Ryou waited for him when they heard cackling nearby. The laughing got closer, and they ran, deciding to come back and wait.
"We've got to lose them," Ryou said.
"How can we? I don't think we can lose them easily," Yugi said.
They kept running. An hour later, they stopped at the edge of the bottomless cliff. They turned to see their pursuers and were very frightened. It was just like their vision. A group of demons slowed down and slowly approached them. The demons' teeth flashed dangerously in the sunlight. They also had bloody and murderous looks in their eyes and on their faces. Yugi and Ryou were trapped like rats. The demons blocked their only chance of escape and continued their approach. Yugi and Ryou backed up and fell over the edge of the cliff.
"Yugi!" a deep male voice cried.
"Ryou!" another male voice cried.
Yugi looked up to see Yami flying down after him. Ryou looked up to see Bakura flying down after him.
"Help us!" Yugi and Ryou screamed.
A few moments later, Yami caught Yugi, and Bakura caught Ryou.
"Are you two all right?" Yami aksed.
"We are now thanks to you and Bakura," Ryou responded. He gasped in awe at Bakura's and Yami's wings.
"You're the two from Ryou's and my vision," Yugi said, also amazed by Yami's and Bakura's wings.
"Yes we are Yugi," Bakura said.
"Are you demons as well?" Ryou asked nervously.
"Not really Ryou. Yami and I were born demons, but we're not evil like the ones who chased you were. We like this world and will never do anything to terrorize it or its people," Bakura responded.
"Bakura and I are here to protect you from the demons and those who intend to harm you. This whole meeting was a trap," Yami said. He and Bakura flew on.
Bakura snapped his fingers, and Yugi and Ryou saw what they really came to.
"This is a wasteland," Yugi said. "Seto said that this was a park."
"Seto tricked you. He made this place look like a park to you and Ryou. Stay as far away from him as you can. He's the second in command of the demons and the most ruthless under Pegasus. Pegasus is the most ruthless and the leader of the demons," Bakura said.
Yami and Bakura flew on. They told Yugi and Ryou more about themselves. They arrived at Yugi and Ryou's house two hours later. They teleported to the bedroom and placed Yugi and Ryou on their feet. Yugi and Ryou bid Yami and Bakura goodbye, and Yami and Bakura phased through the window as they flew off.
"It's a good thing Yami and Bakura came. We would have been goners if they didn't show up," Yugi said.
"I know. We trusted Seto only to find out that he's a ruthless demon. We are very naive sometimes," Ryou said.
Yugi nodded at that. Meanwhile, Seto was furious that the plot had failed. He seriously underestimated Yami and Bakura. He now knew that he would have to watch them very carefully from now on. Yami and Bakura flew on.
"That was a close one today," Bakura said.
"I know; we have to really keep a close eye on Yugi and Ryou now," Yami agreed.
They flew on invisible to all but Yugi and Ryou. They came back at nightfall. A few hours later, Yugi and Ryou prepared to go to sleep. Bakura appeared in their room.
"Good evening Bakura," Yugi said.
"Good evening you two," Bakura said.
"Why are you here now?" Ryou curiously asked.
"Yami and I decided to rotate nights to watch over you guys. The demons will try anything to kill you when we're not around you. We're going to keep a close eye on you from now on," Bakura responded.
Yugi and Ryou fell asleep soon afterwards. Bakura watched them as they slept. Yugi and Ryou were happy to have friends ready, willing and able to protect them.





End of this chapter. Preview for Chapter 5: Dangerous Weather: It is typhoon season in the Western Pacific. Isolated severe thunderstorms break out in Tokyo at least twice a week in the afternoon hours. The severe weather is bad enough. It turns out that the severe weather is the predecessor to a super typhoon.