Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Not Really A Demon ❯ The Look-Alikes ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Recap: Yami and Bakura knew that something would go horribly wrong. The following day, they searched for who was going to suffer and possibly die. Ryou was unaware that his parents were in serious danger. When he got home, he and Yugi found out that his parents were dead. Ryou became Yugi's brother because the rest of Ryou's family died the same way his parents did, by a demon attack.
/ is mental talk between Yami and Bakura
' is thoughts




Chapter 3: The Look-Alikes

Ryou didn't sleep easily tonight. All he thought about was seeing his family dead. Yugi was very concered for his brother.
'I hope he calms down. He's going to kill himself if he doesn't. I'll be here for him as much as I can,' Yugi thought. He went back to sleep.
Fate gave them the same vision.
The vision: Yugi and Ryou were running. They had no idea what they ran from. They did know that they would die if what they ran from caught up to them. They were getting tired, but they had to keep running.
"We have to get away," Ryou said.
"I know, but they're not stupid," Yugi said.
They kept running. An hour later, they stopped at a cliff. They couldn't see the bottom and knew that it was a long fall. They turned to see what chased them slow down and slowly approach them. A few moments later, they saw exactly what was chasing them. It was a mob of demons. They had murderous looks in their eyes and on their faces. Yugi and Ryou had no other place to run. They backed up and fell off the cliff.
"Yugi!" a deep male voice cried.
"Ryou!" another male voice cried.
Yugi and Ryou looked up to see two figures flying down after them. A few moments later, the figures caught them. Yugi looked up at his savior, but he couldn't see the face. The face and body were all shadowy. He did see the black leathery wings coming from the figure's back. Ryou then looked up at his savior but couldn't see the face as well. The face and body of this person were also covered by shadows. Ryou did see the brown leathery wings protruding from this person's back. The two figures flew Yugi and Ryou back to their home. After putting Yugi and Ryou down, the figures flew away.
Yugi and Ryou woke up after that.
"I wonder who those two were," Yugi said in confusion.
"I don't know. We'll probably meet them though," Ryou said. "Let's get back to sleep."
Meanwhile, Yami and Bakura had the same vision. In their version of the vision, Yugi and Ryou couldn't make them out either. They knew that the sooner they could meet Yugi and Ryou the better. The other demons killed off Ryou's biological family. Now that Yugi's parents adopted Ryou, Yugi was in as much danger as Ryou. They would not let their kind kill Yugi and Ryou.
"We can't reveal what we are to them too soon," Bakura said.
Yami nodded. "I agree. We look almost just like them. Showing them our secret too soon could really be dangerous for them. I have a feeling that some of our kind are going to be posing if not already posing as students at their school as well," he said.
The next morning, Yugi and Ryou got ready for school. They left at 7:25 and were in time to get to their first class.
"Now students, I'm happy to say that we have new students in our class. You may come in now," the teacher said.
The two new students stepped in. Almost everyone gasped when the students walked in front of the class.
"They look just like us!" Yugi and Ryou shouted together.
"Will you please introduce yourselves to the class?" the teacher asked after regaining her composure.
"My name is Yami," the first student said.
"I'm Bakura," the second one said.
"Will you please sit in the seats behind Yugi and Ryou?" the teacher asked.
Yami and Bakura took their seats behind Yugi and Ryou. They felt another demon in the class; they looked to the back to see Seto also posing as a student. Seto was not happy to see them.
'It just got harder to kill Ryou and Yugi now. Knowing Bakura and Yami, they'll always be around to protect their look-alikes,' Seto thought.
He wasn't the only one with plans. The school bullies planned to beat Yugi and Ryou. They never heeded any of the principal's warnings seriously. They've been suspended numerous times and still didn't get the message. Fortunately, Yami and Bakura were aware of the bullies plans. One look in the bullies' eyes told the whole story.
/We'll report them to the principal if they do attack Yugi and Ryou/ Bakura said.
/Yeah. I can sense that Ryou is still a little uneasy about what has happened/ Yami said.
The rest of the day went smoothly for the school. When the bell rang, Yugi and Ryou headed for home. They didn't get too far before they were grabbed from behind.
"Who is going to stand up for you guys now," the head bully asked.
"We are!" two voices shouted from behind.
The bullies, Ryou and Yugi looked back to see Yami and Bakura.
"I thought you heard what the principal said. Any student that gets attacked in school means expulsion for the attacker," Yami said.
"We don't care. We've gotten suspended many times. We think that she's trying to play with us," the head bully said as he punched Yugi in the face and Ryou in the chest.
"Don't try us," Bakura warned.
The bullies laughed and beat on Yugi and Ryou for five minutes. Just as the head bully was going to punch Yugi's neck, a hand caught the fist. Yugi looked up to see Yami in front of him. Yami threw the bully toward the wall. Then he and Bakura did the same for the bullies holding Yugi and Ryou.
The other bullies ran away only to slam into something. Yami had created a barrier so the bullies wouldn't get away. Yugi and Ryou couldn't keep conscious any longer and passed out. While they were still out, Yami and Bakura healed them.
"I'll tell the principal," Bakura said. He went and told Ms. Xaki what happened. He led her to where the bullies were.
"Come with me to my office," she commanded the bullies.
One look in her eyes told the bullies that they really shouldn't have attacked Yugi and Ryou (A/N: They really have hard heads. Now they realize that). They followed Ms. Xaki to her office. From there she called their parents and told them what happened. The parents arrived fifteen minutes later. They were not pleased at all with their kids.
Yami and Bakura walked Yugi and Ryou home. Since Yugi and Ryou were still out cold, Yami carried Yugi, and Bakura carried Ryou. When they knocked at the door, the mother was horrified.
"What happened?" she asked.
"The bullies were at it again. They didn't take Ms. Xaki's word too seriously. They attacked Yugi and Ryou. Luckily, Bakura and I were nearby. We reported them to the principal, and she expelled them," Yami responded.
"Thank you for helping out. My husband Eugene and I have worried about Yugi. Now we can finally relax," the mother said.
'I'm afraid not. Yugi and Ryou have demons who want to kill them,' Yami thought.
"May I ask your name?" Bakura asked.
"My name is Mrs. Debra Ying," she responded. "What about you two? You look much like my sons," she added.
"I'm Bakura, and this is my friend Yami," Bakura said as he and Yami carried Yugi and Ryou inside and laid them on their twin beds.
Then Bakura and Yami prepared to leave.
"Where do you two live?" Debra asked.
"Bakura and I live where Ryou used to live," Yami responded.
"Thanks again," Debra said.
"No problem Mrs. Ying," Yami said as he and Bakura left for their home.
Once inside, they let their wings out. They became invisible and flew off.
"You were right Yami. Some of the demons are posing as students. I felt a bunch of them there, and we saw Seto," Bakura said.
"Yeah, it's worse than I thought. At least one of us is going to have to be with Yugi and Ryou from now on," Yami said.
Bakura nodded, and they flew on. An hour later, they returned and settled in for the rest of the day. They agreed to take nights watching over Yugi and Ryou. Yami and Bakura didn't have to sleep; they just slept when they wanted to. Yami took the first night. He appeared invisible inside Ryou and Yugi's bedroom.
'Don't worry you two. Bakura and I will protect you,' Yami thought.
Yugi and Ryou had the same vision again. They wondered who the two figures could be. They had no idea that their look-alikes were the winged figures from their vision.
In the demon world, Pegasus wasn't pleased with the news. "This is bad news indeed. It won't be easy to kill Yugi and Ryou with Yami and Bakura protecting them," he said.
"I can get Yugi and Ryou to meet me alone somewhere. They are so naive that they trust me," Seto said.
"That's a good idea. You'll have a group of our finest demons. They'll be hidden so it appears that you are alone too. You tell the boys to wait for you. You can make up the excuse. Then the other demons will kill them while you're away," Pegasus said.
Seto nodded. He liked that idea. He prepared for when he would carry it out. The idea was part of Yugi and Ryou's vision. Yami and Bakura were going to have to reveal themselves to Yugi and Ryou, but at a very necessary time.





Well that is it for this chapter. Preview for Chapter 4: The Vision Comes True: It has been two months since Yugi and Ryou have known Yami and Bakura. The vision plagues Yugi and Ryou's dreams every night. They still can't make out their saviors' faces. It is the last day of school. Seto invites Yugi and Ryou to what appears to be a park. To anyone else, it's a barren wasteland, but it is a park to Yugi and Ryou. The vision that they've been having for two months is played out in this chapter. Yugi and Ryou will finally see who their saviors are.