Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Not Really A Demon ❯ Demon Attack ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Recap: Yami and Bakura were found out to have pure hearts. Even though they were born from two of the most ruthless demons, they had no trace of evil. Their friendship could've been described as a brotherly relationship. They were banished from the demon world. Yugi and Ryou could've been mistaken for brothers as well because of their close friendship.
' is thoughts




Chapter 2: Demon Attack

Yami and Bakura were uneasy tonight. Even though they were banished, they still felt that the demons were going to do something. They felt that whatever it was could very well change someone's life forever.
"We have to find out where the demons are going to strike," Bakura said.
"That's easier said than done my friend. The demons are sure to hide themselves from us. I agree with you though. Let's get some sleep and start looking tomorrow," Yami said.
"All right my friend, good night," Bakura said as he went to his room.
"Good night," Yami said as he too retired to his room.
Meanwhile, Ryou silently cried his sleep. He would never forget the day when most of his family perished.

| Flashback |

Ryou was 10-years old. He was as happy as he could ever be. In addition to his parents, his father a rescue swimmer and his mother a teacher at his school, he also had four grandparents, an aunt, and uncle and five cousins. They were all at Disneyland Tokyo.
"Are you having fun Ryou?" the aunt asked.
"Yes, this is the most fun I've had so far," Ryou responded.
They had been there three days. They planned to spend two weeks there. They or anyone else were unaware of the hidden danger. There was a group of six demons in the theme park. They got in without a struggle because they appeared to look like any other human.
"We can cause all kinds of havoc here," one of demons said.
The others nodded and continued through the park. They stopped to gasp when they saw Ryou two hours later. They thought he was Bakura. They saw how happy Ryou was with his family.
"Mom, can I take a picture with Snow White?" Ryou asked.
"Of course honey," Ryou's mother responded.
"Yay!" Ryou said as he went over to Snow White.
Snow White smiled at him and asked, "What's your name?"
"I'm Ryou," Ryou responded.
"Okay Ryou, are you ready?" his mother asked.
He got next to Snow White and smiled for the camera. He nodded his head.
"Okay, here we go. One, two, three," she said as she took the picture.
"Thank you for taking a picture with me," Ryou said.
"You're very welcome," Snow White said.
Ryou skipped back to his family. His family smiled, and they moved on.
"I could've sworn that was Bakura, but this boy looks just like him," the first demon said.
"Let's follow them," a second one said.
The others agreed and kept a close eye on Ryou and his family.
"That is six characters in three days. Not bad Ryou," his father said.
"I know what you mean Tim. I've never seen Ryou so happy," Ryou's mother said.
The demons decided to spoil the happiness. When Ryou and his family went to sleep, they'd kill all of them except Ryou and his parents. They somehow had the heart to still have Ryou with his parents.
"Well, it's starting to get dark," Ryou's uncle said two hours later. "Let's get inside the hotel."
The others nodded and took the Monorail to the hotel. They got settled in their rooms. Ryou was with his parents in one, and the rest of his family were in three other rooms. By 10pm, they were all asleep.
"Now is the time to strike," the second demon said.
The six demons split off into three groups of two. They appeared inside the three rooms where Ryou's grandparents, aunt, uncle and cousins slept. The demons silently and quickly killed the unsuspecting victims. The victims didn't even have a chance to wake up and see what was happening. The demons disappeared into the demon world.
"Well, what damage did you do?" Pegasus asked.
"We killed 11 people tonight. But there is something else. Bakura has a mortal look-alike," the first demon said.
"This is interesting news," Pegasus said.
The next morning, Ryou and his parents got ready to get breakfast.
"Well Ann, let's get the others," Tim said.
"All right Tim," Ann said.
They and Ryou went into the rooms to get their other family members. The members appeared to still be asleep at first, but closer inspectioin told Ryou and his parents otherwise. The rest of the family had been stabbed to death.
"No! It can't be!" Ryou said horrified.
"I'm afraid so my son. They don't have pulses," Tim said sadly.
Security came in and gasped in horror. They immediately took the dead bodies away. Ryou and his parents followed. Ryou cried the entire time. Security buried Ryou's dead family in an isolated place of hte park. No one knew what caused the death of the family members.
The death of most of Ryou's family was on everyone's minds. That didn't stop them from going to Disneyland Tokyo though. It was still a fun place to go. Ryou wasn't the same for four years. He had gone into depression. His parents helped him out of it though, and he became glad again. He still had his parents.

|Back to the present |

Even though Ryou would always miss his grandparents, cousins, aunt and uncle, he was happy that he still had his parents. That was enough to make him happy. The next morning, he and Yugi walked to school and to their first class. Yami and Bakura began their search for the demons. They knew that they had to stop the demons' plans or someone would be devastated. They had no idea that it was Ryou who was going to be forever changed. They saw his house while they looked around yesterday. They were shocked to see how much he looked like Bakura. It was the same when they saw how much Yugi looked like Yami.
The demons prepared to strike. Two of them went to the mortal world to kill two people. Tim and Ann had the day off so they were still at home. Seto and Bakura's mother were the two demons. They appeared in Ryou's house. They made the mistake of not making their fangs shorter.
"They're demons!" Ann cried out in horror.
Tim and Ann attempted to go out the door, but Bakura's mother was right in front of it. They ran through the house, trying to avoid the demons. They kept Seto and Bakura's mother at bay for most of the day. At 3pm, their luck ran out. Seto and Bakura's mother finally killed them.
"Can I stay at your house for a while Ryou?" Yugi asked.
"I asked your mother about it, and she said yes. In other words, yes," Ryou responded.
When they arrived at Ryou's house, they were devastated. Ryou's parents were covered in their own blood.
"Mom! Dad!" Ryou cried. "Call an ambulance," he told Yugi.
Yugi called the ambulance, and it arrived fifteen minutes later. The paramedics checked for pulses. Sadly, there were none. Ryou's parents were dead.
"I'm sorry, but your parents are dead," the paramedic said.
"Not again!" Ryou cried as he started crying.
"What do you mean by not again?" Yugi asked.
Ryou told Yugi what happened to the rest of his family. Yugi called his mother, telling her what happened. Yugi and Ryou walked to Yugi's house. A few days later, there was a funeral service. Ryou couldn't even talk because he cried so hard. Yugi's parents have gratefully adopted Ryou. Ryou needed someone to be with now that he had no family left. Ryou and Yugi were now brothers.
Yami and Bakura felt both guilty and angry. Guilty because Ryou lost his family; angry because they were only seconds late to stop the demons.
"I can't believe that we were only a few seconds too late," Bakura said.
"Yeah, we're going to have to keep our eyes on Ryou and Yugi now. Let's move to where Ryou used to live," Yami said.
Bakura nodded, and they disappeared from where they currently lived. They reappeared in Ryou's former two-story house with all the stuff they created.
"Let's enroll in their school tomorrow," Bakura said.
"Just what I was thinking," Yami agreed. "We must protect them from the demons and others who seek to harm them."
Bakura agreed and waited for tomorrow. The much awaited meeting was soon going to take place. Yugi and Bakura would meet their protective look-alikes the next day.




Chapter 2 done. Preview for Chapter 3: The Look-Alikes: Yami and Bakura enroll in Yugi and Ryou's school. Everyone is stupefied how Yugi and Ryou look like Yami and Bakura even though no one has ever heard of them. The school bullies are at it again. This time, they target Ryou as well. Yami and Bakura deal with the bullies and report them to the prinicipal. The bullies are expelled from school.