Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Not Really A Demon ❯ Heart of gold Demons ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I got this idea by reading demon fics. Yugi and Ryou are normal people whose friendship can be mistaken for a brotherly relationship. Yami and Bakura are the most powerful demons in the demon world. Yami and Bakura can also be mistaken for brothers because of their close friendship. They are never far apart from each other. But here's the thing; Yami and Bakura don't have a trace of evil in them. Demons are evil, ruthless beings, but Yami and Bakura are pure of heart. A demon who isn't evil is untolerable. They are banished from the demon world.
' is thoughts




Chapter 1: Heart of gold Demons

Things were not going right in the demon world. Pegasus, leader of the demons, and the other demons have just found out that two of their kind are pure of heart. These two are Yami and Bakura. Yami and Bakura have fangs like the other demons, and have a human form. However, the demons aren't vampires. They only require a small amount of blood, and the light doesn't hurt them. Besides having pure hearts, Yami and Bakura are also the only demons with wings.
"A demon with a pure heart is not acceptable," Pegasus said.
"I can't believe that my own son is literally a good guy," Yami's mother said angrily.
Bakura's parents agreed with Yami's mother. They were all shocked when they found out that Yami and Bakura weren't evil in any way.

| Flashback |

Two millenia ago, the demon world rejoiced in the births of two new male demons. The first one had spiky red, black and blonde hair with blonde streaks in the main part of his hair, dark purple eyes that were slightly slanted, tanned skin and black leathery wings.
"What shall you call him?" Seto, Pegasus' second in command asked.
"His skin and eyes are a little darker than anyone here. His name will be Yami," Yami's mother said.
"What about the other one?" Pegasus asked.
"His name is Bakura," Bakura's mother responded.
Bakura had spiky white hair, slanted chocolate-colored eyes, light skin and brown leathery wings. His and Yami's eyes locked, and they smiled at one another.
"It seems that Yami and Bakura are going to be close friends," Seto said.
Over the years, Yami and Bakura became strong and powerful. They also grew closer to each other in friendship. If not born from separate families, they could've been brothers. Their parents were pleased by their growing strength and power. Yami and Bakura became the most powerful demons. They always hid the bulk of their power from the others. The strange thing about them was that they were not evil. They didn't have a drop of evil in them. They were born from two of the most ruthless demons, but they never did one evil thing.
"I hope our parents don't find us," Yami said.
"I know what you mean. I feel sorry for all those poor humans who had to suffer and die because of our kind," Bakura said.
Yami and Bakura were currently hiding in an old library. There was a room that only they knew about. Every time their parents went to terrorize the mortal realm, Yami and Bakura would hide in the secret library room. They hated their kind for what the humans had to go through. When the library closed for the night, Yami and Bakura flew out the window and back to their homes. Their parents would always ask them where they were. Yami and Bakura always said that they were studying about the mortal world in the library.
But fate decided to work against them. Pegasus asked for Yami and Bakura to be in his presence. All the demons in the land gathered in curiosity of why he wanted to see Yami and Bakura. Yami and Bakura were brought to face Pegasus.
"By what I have heard from the people, you two haven't been to the mortal world once," Pegasus said.
"Yes we haven't," Yami said proudly.
"Why are you happy that you haven't been to the mortal world even once my son?" Yami's mother asked.
"Because I don't want to terrorize the humans," Yami responded.
The other demons except Bakura gasped. They thought Yami lied, but the way he looked at them told them that he answered truthfully. They couldn't believe their ears. A demon who liked humans.
"Yami's not the only one who likes humans. I do too," Bakura said.
"That's unthinkable," Seto said. He sensed their hearts and gasped.
"What is it?" Pegasus asked.
"They're pure of heart. They have no trace of evil in them," Seto responded.
All the demons gasped. They have never heard of demons born with pure hearts. They hated Yami and Bakura now.

| Back to present time |

"We will not tolerate pure-hearted demons in our world," Seto said.
"Yeah!" the other demons chorused together.
"You two are hereby banished from this world," Pegasus said.
"Thank you very much," Yami and Bakura said together. They flew out of the demon world and into the mortal one.
Afterwards, the gateway closed. They were glad to be out of the demon world. They didn't fit in there anyway. They flew around looking for a place to live. An hour later, they found a tent over a two-story house. They teleported in and made the tent disappear. They looked around.
"This is a nice place," Bakura said. "Let's live here."
"All right," Yami said.
They snapped their fingers, and the house was completely furnished. They provided their own electricity, gas, water and everything that you would have to pay a bill for to keep running. They were already dressed like ordinary people because that was how the demons caught their victims off guard. They made their fangs shorter and retracted their wings so they wouldn't scare anyone by accident. They would live their lives as normal people except for the times that they wanted to go flying.
Then they went outside and walked around to become more familiar with their area. What they saw amazed them. This was their first time in the human world. They spent the entire day looking around. They felt that they were going to feel right at home. They became invisible and flew back to their home. They arrived in a few hours.
"This will be a good place to live," Bakura said.
"Yes it will," Yami said.
A few blocks away, Yugi was feeling very lonely. Not too many people cared about him. He was almost constantly picked on because of his small height. He was only 4'4" tall for a 16-year old. He had red, black and blonde hair, wide purple eyes and pale skin. His parents, his friend Ryou and the teachers and staff were the only one's who cared about him. They all worried about him. Yugi's father was a Coast Guard pilot, and his mother was a doctor. They had an operating room in their house. It was a good thing because Yugi came home injured almost everyday.
Ryou was more fortunate as far as the beating up part. He had spiky white hair, slightly slanted chocolate-colored eyes and light skin. He hung out with Yugi a lot. Yugi and he became very good friends. They had been going to the same school together since Kindergarten. They could've been brothers because they were so close of friends.
Yugi and Ryou attended Tokyo High. They had every class together. They were the best students in the school. The night was peaceful tonight. Yugi and Ryou lived only one block from each other. The next morning, Yugi got ready for school. It was Monday. After Yugi had breakfast, someone knocked at the door. Yugi answered it to see Ryou.
"Ready to go Yugi?" Ryou asked.
Yugi grabbed his backpack and responded," I am now."
Yugi and Ryou always walked to school together. They arrived in half an hour. School started at 8am. They left at 7am this time so they could talk to the principal.
"What do you want to talk to me about?" the principal asked.
"I can't stand to see Ygui hurt by the students here Ms. Xaki," Ryou responded.
"I can't take it that anymore either. I have already spoken with the staff and students. The students won't hurt Yugi anymore. They'll be expelled if they do. They know that the staff, Yugi's parents or I don't play so the students would be stupid to try anything," Ms. Xaki said.
Five minutes till class, Ryou and Yugi walked to their first class. There were no problems as far as picking on Yugi. Yugi was grateful to have Ryou for a friend. Ryou stood up for him (A/N: I won't be giving much detail about what happens at school because this fic isn't too focused on school). Yugi didn't have to face anyone the entire day.
At 3pm, Ryou and Yugi walked home. Half an hour later, they returned to their homes. Ryou was unaware of the approaching tragedy that would change his life forever.




End of chapter 1. Well what do you think? Preview for Chapter 2: Demon Attack: Ryou is living happily with his parents . The demons from the demon world attack Ryou's parents while he is at school. The school gets a call from the police about what happened. What will Ryou do now that his parents are dead? Ryou lost the rest of his family. This chapter will be a flashback of Ryou's past as well as his parents being killed. For the people who are expecting the unavoidable meeting with Yami and Bakura, it will definitely happen in the third chapter.