Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ ¥Cruel Intentions¥ ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
¥Cruel Intentions¥



Prologue

         The night was dark and cold as 4 young teens walked down the street in a group. They seemed to be foreigners by the way they were so strangely dressed. As they turned down another block, one of them pointed left to another street. At the end of this street, clearly seen was a manor.

         They quickened their paces, lest someone spot them, and in a few minutes reached the outside of the manor.

         The manor itself looked like a ruined building. The garden was overgrown and needed cutting. Where once must have been flowerbeds, now lay nothing more then clusters of weeds. There was a wire fence around the property, but it was so rusted, it had already started falling apart by itself.

         The windows were broken, the siding had parfait all over it, and the rubbish-strewn ground had plenty of cigarette butts thrown there. No doubt the handiwork of some young, rebellious teenagers.

What was once a beautiful manor was now nothing more then a decrepit building.

Or so most people thought.

         "Are you sure this is the location Riana?" A teen with short red hair asked.
         "Yes," Riana breathed. "This is the place, there's no doubt about it."
         "Looks like a downright rubbish heap to me," Saraki, a teen with light blue hair and big blue eyes said, staring at the manor in distaste.
         "That's for simple people such as yourself Saraki. So they should pass by and think there's nothing in there, thoughwe know better." The teen with red hair answered her.
         "I never said there was nothing in there Yume, I was just commenting on how unkempt this place looks," Saraki said defensively.
         As Yume opened her mouth to retort back, the fourth teen, one with shoulder length black hair and dark brown eyes intervened.
         "Enough arguing," she said in a commanding voice. "We don't want to attract any unwanted attention. Let's just get what we came for, and leave."

Both Saraki and Yume looked down, slightly ashamed.

         "Well Amarella, care to go first?" Riana asked, looking over at her with her sharp blue eyes.

         Amarella shrugged her shoulders and carefully made her way down the pathway, taking care to step over the rubble. The others followed.

         She stopped though, as she reached the door. Slowly, she lifted a hand and placed it on the center of the worn out wood. She closed her eyes, and after a few moments, opened them again.

         "What is it Amarella?" Saraki asked, fear on the edge of her voice.
         "I sense something...in there...Dark andEvil."
         "Let's turn around then," Saraki said immediately, her voice betraying the fear she felt inside.
         "Are you scared? " Yume snickered.
         Saraki gave her a glare.
         "What do you say Riana?" Amarella asked, turning to face her.

Riana closed her eyes for a minute before answering. "We forge on. We've gotten this far; we can't turn back now. Not after all this time."

Amarella nodded her head once before pushing open the door.

         One by one, they silently stepped over the threshold. As soon as they were all inside, the door closed suddenly, and without warning.
         Saraki bit back a scream. "Oh no," she muttered frantically. "What're we going to do now?"
         "Have courage Saraki, nothing has happened as of yet," Amarella whispered, putting an arm around her friends shoulder.
         Calming down somewhat, Saraki swallowed, and nodded her head.
         "What now?" Yume asked, trying to make out her friends expression in the dark.
         We have no other choice but to continue, Riana answered. Besides, we can't just let a little bit of darkness scare us.
         'A little bit'? Saraki repeated incredulously. This is more then just a little bit. We can hardly see each other!