Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ One Man's Dream ❯ One-Shot

[ A - All Readers ]

A/N: I don't own YGO or the title of which this very shot story was inspired by. A sorrow-filled yet containing a tone of happiness musical song composed by Yanni. This is what I think Seto Kaiba might dream of. This was originally published at FanFiction.Net so if you see it there and here, they are the same done by the same person, which is me, SSJ-Spiderfan. Both belong to me.


 

 

I look back on my past and it is full of regrets and sorrow. My mom's death when Mokuba was born. My dad killed in a car crash. Being adopted and abused by my new stepfather. Losing to Yugi. Leaving Mokuba behind, vulnerable to Pegasus's vultures. Being trapped in my own Virtual Reality game. The Big 5. Noa. All bitter memories embedded in my mind, never to be forgotten.

 

I long to be free from those painful memories. I dream of a world where everything is perfect.

 

In my dream, I see a house by the ocean, not far off from the city. It is not a mansion or a small-enclosed space. Just a regular home, by the ocean. We are not rich but we're not poor either.

 

In my dream, I see my mother, just as beautiful and kind as she was before Mokuba was born. Long dark hair and eyes resembling Mokuba's own appearance, and a shy smile. She wears a pale blue sweater and beige pants.

 

In my dream, I see my father, tall and dark with a grin. We look so much alike. He has a soccer ball in his arm, getting ready to pass it to Mokuba with his feet. He is wearing a sports jacket complete with jeans.

 

In my dream, I see my little brother. Mokuba is smiling kicking a soccer ball with our father, by the ocean side. His eyes have that sparkle of happiness, bearing no memories of what once was. He laughs, music to my ears, and waves at me, beckoning for me to join in on the fun. He is wearing a T-shirt and shorts, something he never wears.

 

In my dream, I see myself at the same age. Only this time, I am very much different from who I am now. I'm not wearing any business suits or trench coats. Instead, I wear jeans and a long sleeved sweatshirt. I am smiling, watching my family have fun. I eventually join them and I wrestle with Mokuba for the soccer ball. He laughs again and my father tries to steal the ball too. My mother continues to watch and cheer us on.

 

In my dream, I see two dogs, one large one and a smaller one. They are barking and jumping at us. Sometimes they play in the surf only to come back drenched. They are enjoying themselves. Like they have no cares in the world, no worries, nothing.

 

In my dream, I see the ocean again, blue-green with a fresh scent of salt water. The waves come up to the sand and then slowly retreat to the deep. It is a soothing sound to the ears, an ocean of peace.

 

In my dream, I see the sun, shining brightly upon the ocean side, upon the city in the distance. I feel the warmth of the sun; I relish in the pleasant feeling it gives off. A feeling of security and solitude.

 

In my dream, I am free. I am happy. I have been released from all the pressures and defeated feelings that have kept me in chains for so long. I no longer feel despair or anger, or revenge.

 

But that is only a dream and dream is what it will remain. I can't bring my parents back to life. And I can't erase the ordeals that I have dealt with no matter how hard I try.

 

I cannot go back to the way I once was. It's too late, I tell Mokuba but he insists it's not. He has shared his own dream with it only to be shot down by a reminder of reality, made by me.

 

I really love that kid. He's my anchor and he keeps me grounded. I'd give anything to make that dream of his come true. Or my own.

 

I dream to escape this world I live in. I dream of what could have been but is not. I dream of what I desire but cannot be fulfilled. I dream of the family I wish could've been around longer but has passed on.

 

This is my dream. All of it will not come true but perhaps I can still salvage that joy and blissfulness today. I will try. I will try for Mokuba.