Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Only Time ❯ Only Time ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimers: I don’t own Yu-Gi-Oh or the song Everlasting, by BoA



Malik sat on his bed, his stereo blasting a slow song that reflected how he felt. Across the room, Marik and Bakura were in his room, packing his yami's belongings. Marik and B Bakura had finally gotten together and upon an agreement, Marik was moving in with Bakura, since Ryou was leaving with his father on a dig and wouldn't be back for a few years to say the least. Malik hadn't been to happy to learn that his darkness, who he was holding a secret crush on, was leaving him. Even though the house was a ten minute walk, he couldn't help but feeling the loneliness sink in.

Gairoju nokoru yukitachi ni Hikari to kaze ga furi sosogu Mune wo hatte mo utsumuite mo Kisetsu wa ashi wo tome nai ne Yubi kiri mitai kawashiteta "Ja ne" to "mata ne" tte iu kotoba Nareta shigusa mo wasureru no? Chigau mirai he yuku no?

The remaining snow on the roadside trees,are blown away in the light.Even if I'm filled with pride or looking down at myself,I can't stop the seasons from changing.Just like pinky swearing,or saying phrases like "bye" or "see you".How can you forget these familiar gestures?Are we headed to different futures?

Malik indeed felt like they were heading for different futures. In the beginning, Malik and Marik had agreed that nothing that would ever split them apart. No boyfriend, no one night stands. Not even if one was brought a child that they never knew about. They would always stay together. They had pinky swore on it, and yet, there Marik was, breaking that promise, that sacred swear and was leaving Malik all alone in a huge house of his own. Isis had long ago moved out and went back to Egypt to run the museum there.

Kono sayonara ga tabidachi naraba Boku no egao wo zenbu ageru yo Deatta koto mo aruita machi mo Futari no mune de iki tsudukeru no Zutto zutto wasure nai Tobira ikutsu akete mo Donna ni tooku hanarete mo Tsunaida te to te hanare wa shinai
If this farewell is the beginning of a journey,I'll smile as much as I can for you.Even the fact that we met and the streets we've walkedwill remain in our hearts.I'll never, ever forget,even if I open countless doors.It doesn't matter how far apart we are, Our locked handswill never separate.

Malik got off his bed and headed to his door. Slowly he opened it just a crack to look and see who was there. Seeing no one he looked across the hall and saw Marik had his door still open. He watched as Marik and Bakura packed up Marik's belonging. Sighing, Malik opened the door all the way and walked out. Marik looked up as he heard the music and saw Malik heading his way with a forlorn expression. Marik stopped what he was doing and headed over to him. As he did so, Malik started to sing the song Marik knew so well, for it was the song he played when Isis left them.


"Muriyari ni demo wasure nakya Tsugi no jibun ni ike nai no Ugoki hajimeta HOOMU goshi Kimi ga chiisaku naru Kujiketa toki wa sou boku no tame Daijoubu dato naite kureta ne Haji nai you ni tsuyoku naru kara Yakusoku suru yo yume wa kanaeru
I have to forget you even if I have to force myself or I won't be able to face the rest of my own journey.As the train starts to move away from the platformyou become small.When I was in pain, for my sake,you told me it would be all right through my tears. I will be stronger so that I won't feel embarrassed,So promise me that our dreams will come true."

Malik had taken Marik's hands into his as he sang the song he loved so much to the man he loved with all his heart. It pained him so much to see Marik leaving him, never knowing how Malik really felt.

"Oto no shinai namida ga Kono mune nagareru kedo Kuyamazu ni fumi dasu yo I'm sorry for your tenderness Mata aeru made Everlasting…”

My silent tears arepouring out of my heart butI'll take a step forward without regrets.I'm sorry for your tenderness,until I see you once again.

As the song went to an instrumental break, Malik knew this would be his only chance to tell Marik how he really felt. Taking in a deep breath, he stared into the dark violet eyes.

"Marik Ishtar, I love you, and I will always love you, even when you leave with Bakura." And it was in a flash, Malik found two warm and eager lips on his, the Egyptian spirit's arms wounding around Malik's waist. The kiss lasted for only a few moments, but it held a life time of love. Marik pulled back when the last two verses started. He took one of Malik's hands into his own and locked their fingers together as he sang this time around.
"Kono sayonara ga tabidachi naraba Boku no egao wo zenbu ageru yo Deatta koto mo aruita machi mo Futari no mune de iki tsudukeru no Zutto zutto wasure nai Tobira ikutsu akete mo Donna ni tooku hanarete mo Tsunaida te to te hanare wa shinai

If this farewell is the beginning of a journey,I'll smile as much as I can for you.Even the fact that we met and the streets we've walkedwill remain in our hearts.I'll never, ever forget,even if I open countless doors.It doesn't matter how far apart we are,Our locked handswill never separate.


As the song ended, Malik felt the tears that had welled in his eyes fall silently as he stared loving at his darkness, nothing but love and trust in his eyes as he lips quivered, from trying to hold in his sobs. "I love you as well Malik, my precious light" he said. Malik let out a sob and hugged Marik close to him, crying into his shoulder. Marik wrapped his arms back around Malik and rubbed his back soothingly as nuzzled his light's neck, taking in the wonderful smell of sand and jasmine. In Marik's room, Bakura stood watching the two with a huge grin. 'Marik's plan worked.' he thought to himself. Sure it was a cruel plan to get his light to say those words, but it worked none the less. Maybe he should do that to Yami, it might get the stuck up Pharaoh to notice him. With a small chuckle he left the room and went downstairs, giving the two some privacy. He ran out the house when he heard Malik's door slam shut. He knew what they were going to do, and he didn't want to be there when it happened.