Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Pain Subsiding ❯ the beginning ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Pain Subsiding

With all do respect, I will warn you. This story will contain light Yaoi scenes, and slight suggestive language. If you do not approve of this type of matter, do not read this story. I do not wish for people to send me hate mail for writing this type of story. Please and Thank you. kuro-ookami

Disclaimer: I do not in any way shape or form own Yu-Gi-Oh. Please do not accuse me of saying that I do.

Ch.1 Where The Hurt Began

I hate it here. The people treat me like I'm going to break at any moment. I didn't do anything, and it's not my fault that I'm always depressed…..But it is my fault I almost died, especially since it was almost suicide. I tries to slit my wrist's, but they saved me in time. Sometimes I wish they hadn't, then I wouldn't remember him. He's the reason I'm here. He's the reason I cry. He's the reason I suffer like I do. Oh, you want to know why? Well, sure, I've nothing better to do, so, I'll tell you my story, starting from the beginning.

Flashback

"You're leaving aren't you?" I asked him. I knew he was, he didn't have to tell me that. I could see it in his eyes.

"Yes…" he said sadly his purple eyes downcast in shame,

"It's Egypt, isn't it?" I asked.

"Yeah…my parents are sending me to live with family"

"Why?"

"I don't know, but I think it has something to do with us…."he said, looking far off.

"What?!" I was sobbing helplessly at this point, "what do you mean?!"

"They don't approve of us! I'm sorry…" he said, tea were welling up in his eyes at that point too.

"Why wouldn't they?! Are they that shallow?!" II practically screamed at him. I looked angry, but inside, I was screaming and crying from grief and sorrow. I didn't want him to leave…

"They don't think two boys should see each other! I can't help it! I don't want to leave anymore than you want me too!" he yelled at me. Tears were streaming down his beautiful face. Don't cry… "I have to leave now, my ride is here…" he said quietly, before turning away, and walking off. "I'm sorry Ryou, I love you" I heard him say before he stepped into the cab.

"I love you Malik, come back, please" I whispered to myself more than anything else…my reason for living had just left me…

End Of Flashback

Ahh yes, that is where it started. That was bad, but it only got worse from there.

Flashback

The phone was ringing. I could hear the loud sharp cries banging through my home. Sighing, I finally got up and answered it. Maybe if I was lucky, it would be Malik calling to say yesterday was a big joke. But fate is much too cruel for that…

"Hello?" I said politely as I answered the phone. "Is this Mr.Bakura speaking?" a polite womanly voice asked. "Yes this is" I replied quietly, so it wasn't Malik. "Mr.Bakura, I have some bad news, your father was killed in a mine shaft collapse yesterday on one of his digs. I'm sorry" the voice said with sympathy. "Thanks" was all I could mutter. My father was dead…

End Flashback

Yes, I do think that was when it got worse. But, it got even `better' as time went along…