Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Parenting 101 ❯ I've Got To Be Honest ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Parenting 101
Bleeding Ankh
Disclaimer: ::sigh:: Do not own. There goes my self-esteem.
Warning: This story contains shounen-ai (male homosexuality), yaoi (guys going at it with other guys), harsh language and violence. I will simply use flames to warm my little feeties by, so don't even bother. If anything in the bold offends you, please don't continue reading, that's right, it's okay, you're not forced to read this.
Important Story Note: I get this a lot in reviews, I deliberately changed Jonouchi's name, so Kaiba and he would be paired up for the project. If the complete disregard of authenticity offends you, I am sorry, but since this is my creative outpost, I'd rather it flow more smoothly.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Bleeding Ankh: Howdy! Back from the grave, apparently. Well, now I'm more inspired to write (I seem to always say that when there's a year between posts… odd. Anywho… lotsa plot development occurs in this chapter! Aren't we all lucky? Don't worry though, Chapter four has been started, I repeat chapter four has been started! Thank you all for waiting so long to receive the third installment of Parenting 101, but I assure you, if it kills me, I will finish this so you all will have something to read. Granted, I may be 80 by the time I finish, but I won't leave people with annoying as hell cliff hangers for all eternity!
Answers to reviews: You reviewed, now I respond! Lovely little relationship!
halowing4- Thank you! I love writing the dream sequences. And I'm glad you caught the Mokuba/baby relationship, I was afraid no one would get it.
DemonandGoddess- *grins* We all love Kaiba enduring horrible sex. It's a hobby of mine to put him through it at least several times in my mind. The dream sequences are the best parts to write.
Miser Meaku- Oh I'm so happy you enjoyed it! They are my favorite pairing as well. Key thing to keep in mind is I think I'm Queen of the Procrastinators.
Lemony Fresh- I update as fast as inspiration strikes me, and unfortunately that doesn't happen quite as often as I would like it to. I'm glad you're so enthused about my story though!
Foxkit- And finish I shall do… eventually. *grins* I'm glad you like it!
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Key:
"blah" - talking
`blah' - individual thoughts
/blah/ - Yugi to Yami mind link
//blah// - Yami to Yugi mind link
(blah) - Ryou to Bakura mind link
((blah)) - Bakura to Ryou mind link
<blah> - Malik to Marik mind link
<<blah>> - Marik to Malik mind link
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Song: You're A God Vertical Horizon
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I've Got To Be Honest
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
 
I've got to be honest
I think you know
We're covered in lies and that's OK
There's somewhere beyond this I know
But I hope I can find the words to say
 
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
 
Seto stirred and opened his eyes with a start. Something wasn't right. He looked over toward the basinet and saw that the baby wasn't crying, and wondered what it was that woke him up. He sat up, trying to get a better view of his room to see what was misplaced, his head swam for a few seconds, which felt like a few minutes as he held his head waiting to adjust. He looked up from his opened hand, and realized, 'This isn't my room.' Nearly panicking, he looked down as he heard a moan and saw a lump right next to him. Now, he was panicking, 'Where the fuck am I?! I went into my room last night and now I'm in the same bed as someone else! Was I drunk?! What the fuck happened?!' He felt the other person shift in their sleep and an arm come about and land on his pajama clad lower body, a moan was heard and they stilled.
 
He flat out screamed, not a masculine yell to show who the alpha male was, but a scream like when a six-year-old sees a spider and wants their Mommy more than anything else. The figure beside him became rigid instantly and the arm about his torso disappeared. He heard some shuffling under the sheets, where the lump was moving, now he wasn't just sitting there watching this whole thing, he had jumped out of the bed as soon as he screamed, grabbed the nearest thing, which was a lamp, ripped the plug out of the socket as he grabbed it and braced himself to hit the person, with a crazed look in his eye he raised the lamp.
 
Said figure, was now just pulling the sheet over their head and he saw the familiar sloppy blonde hair and lowered the lamp, sure to himself that he had his normal cool façade up. Jonouchi looked up at him with bleary, brown eyes.
 
"Kaiba… why ya holdin' da lamp?" A note of fear was in his voice, making it a note higher than it was normally. Seto could see the fear in Jonouchi's eyes matching his own worry and concern from before. Realizing what had just happened he dropped the lamp and put a hand over his eyes as his shoulders shook with silent laughter. He felt his hand being lifted away from his eyes and Jonouchi's eyes were the first thing that greeted him. This time, instead of fear, they were laced with concern.
 
"You al'ight, Kaiba?" Seto, not being able to stop himself, nodded and gave off a small smile, 'Second one in front of a person beside Mokuba and Caitie.' He thought. More formally, Catherine… he hadn't thought about her in years.
 
"Seto!" A brown-haired, green-eyed girl ran up to him smiling, he was eight years old and she was seven. They hugged briefly and Seto returned her smile just as vibrantly. They were in the playground where they always met to play. He was still in the adoption center and Mokuba was inside taking a nap.
 
"What are we going to play today?" Caitie asked with a slight lisp, she lost her tooth last week and a gap was in the front of her mouth, where the tooth had been.
 
"Yes, Jonouchi, I'm perfectly fine. I was laughing at my own stupidity and foolishness. But, now that that brief spell is over, shall we go to breakfast, I guarantee Doris, the cook will want to know what the screaming was about." Seto wanted to get back to his room and brush his hair and teeth as soon as possible. The puppy stopped his train of thought on morning grooming though,
 
"Two ques'ions, why wa'ya in my room an' where's Mokuba been? I haven' seen him da enti'a time I been hea." Seto inwardly shook his head and sighed. He should have figured he wouldn't get a moment to himself, after this mornings occurrence.
 
"To tell you the truth, Katsuya, I don't know why I was in your room. I fell asleep in what I thought was my own bed, but woke up here. And, Mokuba, well, he was at his friend's house for the night, I told him he could go last week, not knowing this would be an assignment, though it makes your 'move' a bit easier, don't you think? Mokuba's not running around trying to give you the tour… but he'll be back at around four." And with those words, he left Jonouchi standing in the middle of the room, wearing his plaid boxers.
 
He opened the double doors of his bedroom and walked in, 'Well, there's a morning I'd like to forget.' He thought as he went into the bathroom and proceeded with the random morning chores of brushing his hair, brushing his teeth, getting dressed and whatnot.
 
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
 
Never again, no
Never again
 
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
 
Looking around his room and comparing it to the guest room he was just in, he realized they were shaped almost identically, and as he recalled other guest rooms, remembering hiding in some when his stepfather… no he wouldn't think of that… they all looked the same. It should have come as no shock he would have done this one day. But, the irony of yesterday being that day… well, he wouldn't dwell on that, but he looked around his room once more, securing everything, there was nothing significant here to show it was his room. 'I need to buy something expensive and put it in here… where everyone will trip on it or knock into it.' He thought with a smirk gracing his stoic face. He tugged his blue suit coat down, to adjust it, and walked out. He probably wouldn't buy anything extravagant for his room, but one could always imagine. He had the same dream as he did two nights ago, last night, the one with Jotusame. Luckily it was a different dream than the first one. He remembered it quite vividly, ironic that most people forget their dreams.
 
Jonouchi… er… Jotusame was walking down a cold corridor away from him, and rather quickly. 'What happened?' He thought and followed Jotusame.
 
"Stop following me, you shit head, I'm fucking pissed at you, leave me alone." What did he do this time, 'Why is it always in my dreams I'm fucking wrong?' He grabbed Jotusame and pressed him up against the hallway wall.
 
"What did I do wrong?" He said, and for the first time, he realized that he wasn't speaking in his own language, but one that he had never heard before… but oddly, he understood every word. Jotusame squirmed against him, but definitely wasn't going anywhere, proving Seto was stronger, a fact he gloated immensely in.
 
"How do you not know what you fucking did wrong?! Well, I'll clue you in Selkhem, you were having a little make-out session with the fucking High Mage! I mean, you could have chosen better than her! I opened your bathroom to find you two trying to swallow one another's tongues, and left, and that's where we are now, you fucker!" He responded without even thinking about it, he kissed the High Mage… who the fuck was that?!
 
"Well, obviously, you didn't notice, she was coming on to me!" Jotusame obviously didn't believe him. He had to prove himself somehow, but he had no memories of this person.
 
"Remember when I had to have my inauguration, and to do that I had to have… intercourse with a High Priestess?" Jotusame nodded sourly, not liking to remember that moment, apparently, "Remember what happened after I had to do that?" At that Jotusame laughed, and responded, deep in memory,
 
"Yeah, you threw up your breakfast and dinner for a week. You only ate when I fed you." Jotusame looked at him from his position still on the wall, and smiled, "So, what happened?"
 
"She walked into my room asking for a spell book, which she wasn't authorized to use, I told her so, she asked to use the bathroom, and then said she needed my help with something… why I was so gullible to believe it, I don't know, I walked in and she started kissing me. I was trying to shove her off without hurting her, because she'll go to Yami and complain and warp the story… so you walked in when I was struggling." Not all that believable if you didn't know Selkhem personally. He would probably be throwing up all night.
 
"Should we go to Yami first?" Jotusame asked with a slight hint of mischief in his voice. Seto knew that Jotusame didn't like the High Mage, and to be quite honest he had never liked her much before this whole ordeal… now he simply loathed her.
 
"No… I have a better idea…" He picked Jotusame off of the wall he was pinned against and walked back to his now empty room, smiling when he heard Jotusame's melodic voice say,
 
"I love you."
 
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
 
'Cause you're a god
And I am not
And I just thought
That you would know
You're a god
And I am not
And I just thought
I'd let you go
 
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
 
Seto walked into the kitchen to see the mutt checking his wallet for money. Ah, yes, they were supposed to go shopping today, and then he was incinerating those horrible school-issue baby clothes. He stared at the tacky smiling elephant on the what should have been white shirt. Now, it was just a grayish color, dirt embedded into it from lack of cleaning and of being in too many people's houses. He grimaced at the thought of how many germs were subsisting on that little shit of a thing.
 
"Are you ready to go to the store?" Seto asked curtly. Judging from Jonouchi's expression, he had forgotten as Seto did until arriving into the kitchen. Well, due to the fucked up circumstances of this morning, he doubted anyone would remember a trivial detail as going to the store, when you wake up with someone you loathe right next to you.
 
"Uh… yeah, jus' gimme a minitt." Puppy said as he brushed a hand through his golden locks.
 
"I'll go tell the driver to start up the limo. You've got five minutes." Seto said, not as icily and stand-offish as he wanted to, but he was fucking getting used to the mutt. He didn't like it, but if he didn't accept it… well, he was scared that wet dream would come back and scare the shit out of him… again.
 
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
 
But I've been unable
To put you down
I'm still learning things I ought to know by now
It's under the table so
I need something more to show somehow
 
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
 
They arrived at the baby GAP, and looked at each other and walked on to the next store. The idea of two men walking into a store filled with pregnant women or women with small children, and looking at baby clothes together, was just not their idea of time well spent. And they'd get fucking stared at by the over-emotional women. They stopped outside a store called Evermoore which was another baby clothing store, but with a more whimsical and mystical look. Seto looked over to Jonouchi who was already ogling over the tiny little articles of clothing.
 
"I presume, by the look on your face, you want to go in here." Seto said, almost as a rhetorical question. Still, Jonouchi nodded. Seto sighed and walked in, leaving Jonouchi behind to follow him once he got out of his trance. Seto walked over to a wrack of dresses that looked as though they would fit the doll, which at that moment, decided to cry very loudly in the mutt's arms.
 
"Could you please shut that thing up quickly?" Seto asked quietly getting slightly embarrassed from the looks he and the puppy were getting from employees and other patrons. But, since Seto never got embarrassed, he assumed it must have been the heat of the store that was making his face feel a little more hot than normal. Jonouchi glared at him as he shoved the key into the back of the baby ceasing the cries immediately.
 
"Lis'n, Kaiba, I don' take awdah's from no one. We'a both da parents ta dis ting, it ain't jus' ma job ta look ova it. So stop bossin' me aroun'. In fact, why don' you hold onta it fo' a while?" the dog said, with confidence and a certain smoothness. Seto was impressed. He didn't think Katsuya had it in him to show finesse with his heavy accent. He was so flabbergasted that he didn't object when Jonouchi thrust the little doll in his hands and stalked off to look at more clothes in the store. Though, he quickly regained his poise, he didn't say anything more the whole time they were in the mall that could even be misconstrued as insulting.
 
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
 
Never again no
No never again
 
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
 
"Wow, lady, renovate your hair from the twenties to the twenty-first century." Seto muttered low, so that only the puppy could hear. Well, anything that could be misconstrued as insulting about Jonouchi anyway.
 
"Kaiba, you gotta be nice." Katsuya said between stifled giggles. He was holding the baby again, leaving Seto to carry the bags, something he didn't object to, because the baby's sporadic cries unnerved him almost as much as being on friendly terms with Jonouchi, and having the capabilities… no audacity to actually joke with the person who only just a few days ago he would have rather given a snide remark. That and he'd much rather be carrying safe, secure, non-crying bags, besides, Jonouchi seemed to like to carry the baby and did a much better job of caring for it than Seto could.
 
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
 
'Cause you're a god
And I am not
And I just thought
That you would know
You're a god
And I am not
And I just thought
I'd let you go
 
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
 
They arrived back at the mansion at around 5, well, Seto arrived, Jonouchi burst in the mansion, Seto thought begrudgingly, as if to alert everyone on the premises that he'd arrived back safely from whatever destination that had led him astray. Seto suppressed the feeling to roll his eyes, as a servant dusting the foyer spun around and clutched her heart. The amount of energy that his entrance contained apparently hadn't gone unnoticed. Seconds later, Mokuba was bounding down the staircase to greet the guest whom he considered his friend.

”HiJou!Howareyoudoing?Whattimedidyougethere?Didyougosh opping?Didyougetanythingforme?Doyouwannaplayvideogames?WatchTV?Ilearnedthis newtrickthatalmostgivesBigBrotheraheartattack!Wannasee?” Seto blinked rapidly in awe of the amount of words his younger brother could spew in one breath of air. Puppy, however, didn't seem phased by it at all, (probably used to it with the weekly sugar rushes Seto had witnessed between Katsuya and his friends) and answered accordingly, only slower, which Seto thanked the gods for.
 
“Hey Mokuba! I'm fine. I got hea yestuhday, about an houh afta school got out. Yeah, we wen' shoppin', but we only got clothes fo' da baby me an' your brotha are uh-pposed ta be takin' care of. I'll play video games an' watch TV wit' you afta we go eat dinna. I'm sho' Doris worked really hard on it, an' I don' tink she'd wan you ta have ta eat it cold. I don' tink your brotha would preciate havin' a heart attack jus' so you can show me a new trick, dough I'm sure, if I could see it, it would be amazin'.” Apparently, Jonouchi knew just what to say to please Mokuba to excitedly bounce off to eat dinner. Seto made a mental note to ask Jonouchi what his secret was for calming his little brother down a little bit and cooperating.
 
 
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
 
I've got to be honest
I think you know
We're covered in lies and that's OK
There's somewhere beyond this I know
But I hope I can find the words to say
Never again no
No never again
 
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
 
Seto walked into the kitchen to check on Doris, who was a plump woman with long wavy brown hair and an equal color of brown to match her eyes, who looked rather busy at the moment.
 
“Sorry Seto, sweetie, dinner might be running an hour late due to the new girl misplacing the soup bowl.” Doris said, she was one of the very few workers he had that he would allow to call him by his first name.
 
“Should I fire her?” Seto asked, he didn't want Doris being troubled by some new girl with stars in her eyes. Doris needed help, and if the new person that the kitchen staff hired wasn't doing their job right, why should they continue to work there?
 
“Oh no, Seto, she's a good girl, with a good head on her shoulders, it's just her first day, she'll pick it up quickly and then, watch out! She'll be the new head chef.” Doris said with a laugh. Seto knew, however that as long as she was around, Doris was going to be his head chef. He heard Doris continue, “So go on in the living room and take a nap. I'll have a servant go and wake you when dinner's ready.” Did she hear his scream this morning? No… Seto reasoned with himself. She knows he works late, and he had a full day today, he probably looks like he needs a nap. He nodded to Doris.
 
“Thank you, Doris, I'd really appreciate that, and if you want anyone gone from the kitchen staff, please don't hesitate to tell me about it and they will be immediately eradicated.” And with that, Seto left the kitchen, walked into the dining room briefly to tell Puppy and Mokuba dinner was to be postponed for another hour, and walked into the living room and promptly fell asleep on the couch.
 
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
 
'Cause you're a god
And I am not
And I just thought
That you would know
You're a god
And I am not
And I just thought
I'd let you go
 
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Bleeding Ankh: Well, there's the end of Chapter 3! Don't forget to review, I hope to have Chapter four done in about 2 weeks, give or take! Look out for it!