Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Parliament Of Twilight ❯ All work and no play? I think not ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Sage Dragon- Welcome all people, spirits, horses, cows, ducks, geese, dogs, cats, wolves, chickens, goblins, witches, warlocks, fellow dragons, mages, monsters, ants, weevils, Voldie and the DeathEaters..

Clair- (breaks in) You can stop now, they GET the point.

Sage Dragon- .wizards, girls and boys, piglets..

Clair- (Breaks in again) OK now that my alter ego has said hello to everyone.

Sage Dragons- What about the donkeys?

Clair- (turns to glare al Sage Dragon)

Sage Dragon- Humph fine. Oh and also we do not own these character from Yu- Gi-Oh, Egypt either, nor do Clair or I have any money what so ever.

Clair- please read and review and all flames will be given to poor charmanders. And so begins our story.

(Authors note- First story in quite awhile, first in Yu-Gi-Oh, so please be gentle. Also do not read onward if you either- A) Don't like the idea of two boys shagging each other and in a nonplatonic relationship (no real shagging till I either get my own web site, or I have someone post it for me on theirs.) Don't read on if you also don't like the pairing of Seto/Jou. Also any idea of what other pairing should be included? I am open to suggestions)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Parliament Of Twilight

Chapter One- All work and no Play? I think not

Twilight had finally fallen, incasing the earth in shadows like that inside of a closed box, and the hum of nature drowned out by the clamor of sand crickets chirping and birds calling their flocks to roost. The only light, seen for miles around, belonged to a campsite, nicely situated by a brook, which was one of the few in the arid wasteland. It was a small site with only three tents, which surrounded the fire, trying to soak up all the heat from the fire they could. Most of the occupants of the site were situated around the flames, but two were on guard against wild animals, or other things, as they would find out shortly. Four of the five people around the fires, dressed in pants that cut off below the knees and padded leather vests, were eating and drinking raucously while trying to convince their counterpart, dressed more extravagantly in Kati* pants and a silk white Pulai* to join in on their drinking.

"Come'm Seto. Ya know all work and n'fun make Kaiba a dull boy!" Said one of the 'guards', previous intake of alcohol causing his words to slur and say things he normally would not. "Or rather All work and n'drink make'em a dull drinking comp'anyun." The intoxicated guard laughed at his joke.

The richly dressed 'companion', now dubbed 'Seto Kaiba' sighed exaggeratedly looking up at the sky while mumbling "Oh Ra why me," And then said "Because if I drink and get drunk like you all have, then who will be awake enough to save us all if we get attacked?" "This close ta th'city?" Another said.

"Just bare with me ok?" Switching to a more authoritive voice he said "anyway I'm going to bed now, don't wake me unless something important happens, like the end of the world." He got up and headed for his tent, thankful that his rank got him a tent to himself.

"And tomorrow we will be back in the capital. No more hard ground to sleep on, bad food, or rowdy guards to wake me up at night because of a silly rat got caught in the tent and the thought it was a thief." He mumbled with an exasperated roll of his eyes. He untied the flap of his tent, walked inside, and just collapsed onto his bed, not even bothering to change out of his cloths. He settled into a light doze, waking up briefly with the guards went back to their tents to hopefully sleep. Mumbling softly to himself, he settled back to sleep.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A sandy haired teen crouched low to the sand, watching the small campsite apprehensively. His eyes darted to the figure getting up and heading towards one of the tents. Shifting his eyes back to people around the fire as the figure slipped into a tent. From his spot on the sand, the camp was to far away to get in depth details of the faces, but he could see there were two people standing guard, one over by where the horses were tied and the other was situated on the other side of the small camp. Jounouchi, for that was his name, ticked off the minutes off in his head quietly as he watched the campsite.

Finally, after what seemed like forever, the remaining guards around the campfire went off into the remaining tents, leaving only the two watchmen up. Waiting another fifteen minutes to just make sure they were safely asleep, he started creeping slowly forward. Jou came up cautiously to where the horses were tied, being careful to stay out of the sight of the watchman posted on this side. He was just opening the first saddlebag, hoping to be able to grab something valuable from it. He would not take the horses themselves, they would be too noticeable, but he checked the cinch* on the saddle, tightening it up slowly. He then checked on the reins, untying and draping it over the post just incase he had to make a speedy getaway.

Sending up a thankful word to Ra for not letting the horse get upset over him tightening up the girth* in the middle of the night. He moved slowly to the next horse when he found nothing in the previous one's saddlebag. He nearly cursed himself as he accidentally stepped on a twig. Glancing around at the watchman, he sighed appreciatively as the guard showed no reaction. He went through a few more horses' bags, taking a few things from them, not so much that they would notice right away, just when they laid out everything. He glanced at where the watchman was, or at least where he had been. Eyes widening he glanced franticly around to try to find the watchman, he nearly jumped five feet in the air when a voice from behind him said.

"My, my, my what do we have here? A thief?" The voice said a smug, snide undertone to the voice. Jou twisted around just in time to see and duck a punch coming at him.

~Oh Shit.~ Jou thought to him self dashed out of the way of a kick heading towards abdomen. Grabbing a near by pole, he jabbed it at his attacker's stomach, smirking slightly as the larger man ran straight into the other end of the pole. ~Oh that's gonna be a black eye tomorrow.~

"Fucking crap," The guard said in response to his head having connected none to gently with the pole, and tried to tackle Jou, who again was able to narrowly get out of way, but twisted his ankle rather badly in his rush to get out of the way. Hopping on one foot, while trying to keep away from the watchman, who was also blocking his way to the horse he had readied, he was oblivious about the other watchman coming up behind him and grabbed a hold of him. Jou chomped down hard on the nearest piece of flesh, which just so happened to be an arm placed stupidly to where he could reach it with his teeth.

The person he bit cursed a few not-so-nice words struck Jou in the head, not hard enough to give him a concussion, just knock him out. The last words Jou thought before he elapsed into the darkness was, ~Damn, I KNEW I forgot something important. ~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~

Two men knocking on the door of his tent rudely awakened Seto Kaiba, for what seemed like the fifth time this to him even though it was second time. Sighing softly and knowing they would not go away until he let them in to so they could say what they wanted. He stood up stretching a bit as he walked towards the door and opened it.

"Yes, what is," He stopped mid sentence as he saw one of them was carrying a blond haired boy, and the other one was sporting what was starting to be a rather nasty looking bruise on his face.

"Sorry for waking you Sir, but we found this boy lurking around the horses." The watchman said hurriedly, for the last one that had disturbed Kaiba's rest had gotten clean up duty for a month. "And you know the rules if someone is caught stealing*.

Eyes still on his knew captive, he nodded, and said, "Yes, I remember. Ra must be favoring me tonight for such a gift to walk right in, whether or not he was trying to steal from me. Come in and lay him on the spare bed, I want to get a good look at him."

"Are you sure? He put up quite a fight towards us. Nearly knocked him out," Points to the watchman that had a bruise, "and bit me."

"I'll be fine, when he wakes up, if he acts hostile towards me, I'll tie him up." Kaiba said, and the watchman nodded, the one holding Jou walked inside, ducking under the low door, and placed him onto the spare bed, while the other waited at the door. After placing the boy onto the spare bed, he walked back to the door and outside. The watchmen both bowed then waited for dismissal.

"You may go back to your posts. And good work." Kaiba said.

Seto closed the door, tying it shut behind him, then turned back to the occupant of his spare bed. Pleased to see he was still asleep, he took this time to study younger teen. His eyes widened appreciatively at what he saw. While when he had seen him the dim light of the door way the blond boy had been vary pretty. However, in the now fully lighted tent, he could see the younger teen much more clearly. What he had thought was a dirty blond color for the hair was actually a light blond. That coupled with high cheekbones, suggesting stubbornness, and big eyes, though he could not see what the color was with his eyes closed. The teenager also had nice lips, with nice color. Moreover, his skin coloring was distinctive to. Unlike the dark skin of most of the people in this country, including myself, he has a rather honey like tent to his skin. ~I wonder where he came from.~ Seto thought, but shrugged, ~I can find out later, for he mine now. ~

Seto frowned slightly as his gaze landed on the newly forming bruise on the side of the teens face. ~I should get a healer to look at that when we get back home.~ He thought offhandedly, moving his gaze downward, and his frown deepened. ~Those cloths have to go. They are filthy!~ He sighed, and went to his travel packets, checking first at the boys face to make sure he was still unconscious. Turning some of his attention to the cloths he was wafting through, he picked out a white shirt and brown pants that should fit him, even though they were to small for Seto to fit into now, the younger teen was smaller then he was.

Seto fingered the slave collar briefly he had bought a while ago, incase he had ever come across on he liked enough to buy, or in this case, keep. However, before he could put the collar on the boy he had to have permission from the Pharaoh. Seto was sure he'd say yes, for he'd already been bugging Seto about getting one after the Pharaoh had gotten one of his own. Nevertheless, it might be considered a sign of disrespect to claim the boy as his slave before confirming it with him. He turned around, cloths in hand, back to the younger teen, smirking slightly when he saw he was still unconscious but showing slight sighs of waking up soon.

Seto walked over to the spare bed with the younger teen in it and placed the cloths above the boy's head, then settled himself over the boy, so that he was sitting lightly on the younger teen's upper legs, effectively putting himself into a dominant potion and preventing the boy from trying to escape easily. Seto leaned forward, taking the teen's wrists into one hand, pinning them above his head while still leaving the other hand free. Seto stayed into this position, quite comfortable for himself as he began watching the boy intently as the he struggled into consciousness. Before the boy was completely awake, one last thought flittered across his mind, ~All work and no play? I think not.~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~

Ok well that is chapter one, any suggestions, helpful hints, encouragement, praise or anything like that that can be put in a review, please do. Unless it is one of those that say, "Seto and Joey so are not gay! You're a loser!", I could care less about what you think you narrow minded little fool, it's my opinion, and if you review with something like that I will flood all your little Tia (how's her name spelled? Never mind, I do not care.) Any way, info for some of the words I used above, a cinch and a girth are the same thing, it keeps the saddle from sliding all over the place while your on it. Kati is a pair of pants, much like the Kapreas we have now. A pulai is a comfortable traveling shirt that has some indication of rank. Both are made up. Also any question can go in reviews to! Hmmm anyway, just tell me what you think, and the more reviews I get the more I'll write!